Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:37 PM
mcash7 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to mcash7
Default Is Mahvel Baybee!(RMT)

Anyways, this team Is based off Is Mahvel Baybee! ...WATCH IT!
Regardless, Ive been using this team on the Smogon Shoddy server for some time now. Its doing ok, but, I haven't been playing as much as I should and Im sure I could be on the top 50 list if I play a bit more. (My rating is in the 1200's.) So heres my team.
============
Team at a glance
============

----

Is Mahvel Baybee! (Roserade) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Toxic Spikes
---
Roserade, my lead, I'm sure most, if not all of you have seen this set, but, I decided to throw a scarf on it...over the standard Focus Sash. The reason being, "why not?" But in all seriousness I find a speedy sleeper is much more reliable than a Toxic spiker, yet I accomplish both with one 'mon. Leaf Storm decimates all those 'mons that don't resist it, and HP fire is for those pesky steels. The Ev's and +speed nature allow it to out speed most everything w/o a scarf and most things packing a scarf. (Also a partial spinner.)
---

Scoops (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 24 Atk/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
---
Yea, Mixape. I was considering Grass knot>Nasty plot, but lets face it Infernape needs the ability to boost its Sp. atk, since its not all that high. The moves, Ev's, and everything about this set is standard and needs no explaining.
---

Scoops Haagen-Dazs (Deoxys-e) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
---
Ok, Deoxys-e, this set is a bit different from what you'd normally see on a Deoxys-e. Grass knot> Super power. Honestly, its not that difficult for a bliss to predict around Super power, and lowering its defenses (Deoxys-e) makes it vulnerable to being OHKO'd by pretty much any priority move. I made this thing an all out special sweeper, Hasty seems silly, since its speed is already ridiculous and dosent really need to be +speed. This 'mon is my sp. sweeper, and he does a fine job at it. Ev's are self explanatory. I dont really believe in using two Life orbs on the same team, and this Deoxys-e gets incredible type coverage so Expert belt fits it well.
---

Curley Mustache (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/128 Atk/128 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis
- Reflect
- Earthquake/ Explosion
---
Oh, Bronzong. One weakness, and a ton of resistances. Why wouldn't you use this thing? Gyro ball from this things hurts about everything. I'm still debating between EQ/Explosion. Hypnosis provides more sleep support which, in all honesty is necessary. Reflect makes this thing even more supportive, and the reason theres an absense of SR is because its reserved for a later 'mon. Ev's are standard and a -speed nature give this thing a a lot more power behind Gyro Ball.
---

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! (Gallade) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Sneak
---
Ok, my physical sweeper. Let me address the Ev's right away. This set is a slight variation from smogons set. with these Ev's I outspeed all suggested sets from smogon of Gyarados, by 1 point. Lum berry is always nice, and stops status's from stopping his Sweeping abilities.
---

Mango Sentinel (Gliscor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Fang
---
My physical wall, Ice fang to attempt to stop Garchomp, and EQ is for luke and other physical sweepers. SR is a given, and Roost is a nice recovery move. Pretty standard, not much needs to be explained here.
---

Rate away!

Last edited by mcash7; 07-12-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Flygon Ruler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Is Mahvel Baybee!(RMT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcash7 View Post

----

- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Toxic Spikes
---
Roserade, my lead, I'm sure most, if not all of you have seen this set, but, I decided to throw a scarf on it...over the standard Focus Sash. The reason being, "why not?" But in all seriousness I find a speedy sleeper is much more reliable than a Toxic spiker, yet I accomplish both with one 'mon. Leaf Storm decimates all those 'mons that don't resist it, and HP fire is for those pesky steels. The Ev's and +speed nature allow it to out speed most everything w/o a scarf and most things packing a scarf. (Also a partial spinner.)
I really don't like this. I think your missing the point of leading with Roserade. You Sleep Powder and set up Toxic Spikes on the switch/stay in. Basically, you sleep powder the pokemon and then your forced to switch not knowing what your opponent is going to do, making it much harder to get a good move in. Where as with Focus Sash, you sleep, set up a layer of TS when they make your move and then react/switch. Its way to risky to give it scarf.

If you want a speedy sleeper, use crobat, who gives you the same thing as Roserade basically aside from the Toxic absorb.

FC: 4425-2653-4349

~Current VPP~

Done:1144

Old 07-12-2008, 11:38 PM
shedinjask Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Scarf Roserade is an absolute beast, but the Sleep Powder/TSpikes lead's effectiveness is reduced with it. Either replace Scarf or replace Spikes. If you keep Scarf, go Modest over Timid. Maybe I'm biased because mine is a sweeper but outspeeding Scarf Gengar (the only good thing to come of it) just doesn't seem worth the power drop.

Infernape is fine, different than standard so it has different counters.

I don't think Deoxys really gains anything from Grass Knot over Superpower. Swampert kills? If you are going to replace it I'd suggest Shadow Ball for Cress/Uxie.

I'd go EQ over Explosion on Bronzong because of Heatran/Magnezone, but Explosion can be useful too for denting pesky walls.

The Gallade and Gliscor are good.

brawlin': 5069-3607-4841
Old 07-13-2008, 04:01 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

The team looks great but 4/6 mons get run through by Choice Scarf Heatran. I would consider putting maybe Hidden power Fighting or Ground on Deoxys not only for Heatran but for Umbreon and Metagross who could possibally hurt your sweep. I'd say Hidden power fighting would be the best if you did do Hidden power but thats just me. Also for Roserade try a focus sash and timid nature so you can out speed most leads and still set up wihtout the odd switch out.
Hope I helped Fatty :D

Last edited by Cucumber; 07-13-2008 at 04:10 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:06 AM
Tortured_Soul Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcash7 View Post
Anyways, this team Is based off Is Mahvel Baybee! ...WATCH IT!
Regardless, Ive been using this team on the Smogon Shoddy server for some time now. Its doing ok, but, I haven't been playing as much as I should and Im sure I could be on the top 50 list if I play a bit more. (My rating is in the 1200's.) So heres my team.
============
Team at a glance
============

----

- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Toxic Spikes
---

Meh, I've never liked the T-Spikes option here. It lets Leads set-up on you, and it's too common to not be a problem. Remove T-Spikes for something else if you intend on running Choice Scarf. Lum Berry leads such as Bronzong, Porygon2 and Machamp lol at you. Also, beware with Bronzong-Heracross switches. Zong Stealth Rocks's while you T-Spike, then they switch in Heracross. Flying resists go out the window, and you're on the back foot to begin with.
---

Scoops (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 24 Atk/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Grass Knot/Thunderpunch
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower

Yeah, standard, but consider Grass Knot over HP ICE. Deoxys-E does the beaming better, and actually outspeeds Jolly Garchomp. Thunderpunch is for Gyarados, as many like to switch into Infernape, because no-one runs Thunderpunch these days. (Also helps against Bulky Waters, especially Suicune, who sets up on you. Hitting it from the physical side is best. T-Punch is your best option against in coming Tentacruel also.)

---

Scoops Haagen-Dazs (Deoxys-e) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest/Timid nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic/Psycho Boost
- Shadow Ball
---
If you're running the full special set, then Shadow Ball should go over Grass Knot. Infernape does that better, and Shadow Ball lets you control Cresselia and Dusknoir. Life Orb Psycho Boost 3HKO's Blissey I believe, and is great as a neutral STAB hit. Timid should be an option, or else you'll be outsped by opposing Deoxys-E.
---

Curley Mustache (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/128 Atk/128 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis
- Reflect/Stealth Rock
- Earthquake/Stealth Rock
---
Exploding your only 100% Deoxys counter should be avoided. I've never liked people exploding Bronzong, especially when it has such great resistences, and supporting options.
---

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! (Gallade) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Sneak
---
Standard I suppose.
---

Mango Sentinel (Gliscor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stealth Rock/Swords Dance
- Ice Fang/Aerial Ace
---
If you run SR on Zong, then Swords Dance is great here. It then guarantees a OHKO on Garchomp, who even after a SD cannot OHKO with Dragon Claw, and can't hit you with Earthquake. Aerial Ace means you can actually do something in return to Heracross, and makes non HP ICE Celebi think twice before switching in.
---

Rate away!
I see Garchomp problems if it can get a Sub up before you get Deoxys in. (Especially if Bronzong explodes) Don't think of it too much though, just bring in Bronzong whenever Chomp decides to come in, and if he doesn't have Sub, go to Gliscor. Timid Deoxys-E cause you problems, again if Bronzong explodes, so DO NOT GIVE IT EXPLOSION, AND KEEP IT ALIVE FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. I already posted the leads than can cause you troubles, and be careful of Heracross switching into T-Spikes. Other than that, you look fairly fine. Choice Specs Vappy can give you problems, but with decent prediction you should be able to get around it.

~T_S

FC: 2835 9661 0711

->RMT: Attained #1 On Shoddy<-
->RMT: Attained #99 On Shoddy<-

->Drop me a VM if you want me to rate your team.<-

->I suppose I'm ready for a Clan. VM me if needed.<-

Last edited by Tortured_Soul; 07-14-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:09 AM
Tortured_Soul Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanrocks126 View Post
The team looks great but 4/6 mons get run through by Choice Scarf Heatran. I would consider putting maybe Hidden power Fighting or Ground on Deoxys not only for Heatran but for Umbreon and Metagross who could possibally hurt your sweep. I'd say Hidden power fighting would be the best if you did do Hidden power but thats just me. Also for Roserade try a focus sash and timid nature so you can out speed most leads and still set up wihtout the odd switch out.Hope I helped Fatty :D
1. Why would you lose coverage to counter 2 pokemon, especially when Choice Scarf Heatran is easy to predict and counter, Metagross is walled by Gliscor, and Umbreon is...Umbreon.

2. Focus Sash when there are a prevailance of Tyranitar and Hippowdon leads out there? Must I say more? >_<

Old 07-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Flygon Ruler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortured_Soul View Post
1. Why would you lose coverage to counter 2 pokemon, especially when Choice Scarf Heatran is easy to predict and counter, Metagross is walled by Gliscor, and Umbreon is...Umbreon.

2. Focus Sash when there are a prevailance of Tyranitar and Hippowdon leads out there? Must I say more? >_<
Roserade's point as a lead in a Focus Sash case is to sleep and set up. Now considering both T-tar (without DD) and Hippowdon are very slow and Roserade is very fast, Roserade should be able to induce sleep or blow the hell out of the with Leaf Storm and then set up. Focus Sash is for things that will kill it one shot before it gets a chance to set up. I doesn't matter if the Focus Sash is ruined and here job is done.

So...sure, say more. And at your other post, since when is Machamp a lead? Just pointing that out.

~Current VPP~

Old 07-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Tortured_Soul Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygon Ruler View Post
Roserade's point as a lead in a Focus Sash case is to sleep and set up. Now considering both T-tar (without DD) and Hippowdon are very slow and Roserade is very fast, Roserade should be able to induce sleep or blow the hell out of the with Leaf Storm and then set up. Focus Sash is for things that will kill it one shot before it gets a chance to set up. I doesn't matter if the Focus Sash is ruined and here job is done.

So...sure, say more. And at your other post, since when is Machamp a lead? Just pointing that out.
Since a certain set has come to light. Try this Machamp out for size:

Machamp@Lum Berry
Adamant
252 HP, 160 Atk, 96 Sp. Def
No Guard

Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge/Thunderpunch
Substitute
Payback/Ice Punch

This counters the top...15 leads according to the Shoddy usage statistics. OHKO's Tyranitar, Ice Punch can OHKO Salamence leads after Intimidate, and survives Draco Meteor with those Sp. Def EV's. All Azelf leads are halted by Payback, as Psychic fails to OHKO with the listed Sp. Def EV's. Stone Edge/Thunderpunch is for Gyarados and Yanmega etc. Lum Berry means sleep leads fail and Machamp can then substitute and attack behind it, usually using Dynamicpunch to confuse the opponent. Basically, the top 10 leads fail to beat this 1 on 1.

Bronzong - Lum Berry/Substitute/Dynamic Punch
Tyranitar - Dynamic Punch
Aerodactyl - Thunderpunch/Ice Punch/Dynamic Punch/Stone Edge
Azelf - Payback
Gengar - Lum Berry/Payback
Yanmega - Lum Berry/Stone Edge
Infernape - Stone Edge
Salamence - Ice Punch
Gyarados - Stone Edge/Thunderpunch
Roserade - Lum Berry/Ice Punch/Stone Edge
Ninjask - Substitute/Stone Edge/Thunderpunch
Zapdos - Lum Berry/Stone Edge/Ice Punch
Hippowdon - Substitute/Ice Punch
Crobat - Lum Berry/Stone Edge/Thunderpunch/Ice Punch
Swampert - Substitute/Dynamic Punch

On your other note, he's using Choice Scarf, so once again, it outspeeds every lead out there and sleeps them fast. Focus Sash just isn't as helpful as Choice Scarf, especially in this situation. They both acheive the same result, just that you're at 100% health compared to 1% health, and the Roserade actually becomes useful later on in the match. 'Just pointing that out'

~T_S

Last edited by Tortured_Soul; 07-13-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Cucumber Offline

Quote:

Roserade will still be able to sleep T-tar and Hippowdon and hit hard on them so I honestley dont't see the trouble there. Also Hidden power fighting would help on more than just Umbreon. Umbreon sits there and takes your hits easily so Hidden Power fighting I said is a OPTION not a must chill out.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Tortured_Soul Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanrocks126 View Post
Roserade will still be able to sleep T-tar and Hippowdon and hit hard on them so I honestley dont't see the trouble there. Also Hidden power fighting would help on more than just Umbreon. Umbreon sits there and takes your hits easily so Hidden Power fighting I said is a OPTION not a must chill out.
Because Gallade and Infernape aren't good enough to beat Umbreon? And in case you didn't read my previous post, which you obviously didn't, then you would realise that Choice Scarf is the better option over Focus Sash.

When you say something as an 'OPTION', then you mean that it would be effective, whereas it most certainly wouldn't be effective. If you've got Umbreon problems, run the mixed sweeper set with Superpower, so then at least you can account for Blissey as well. (btw, Umbreon is pretty much non-existent on Shoddy)

~T_S

Old 07-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Flygon Ruler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Because Gallade and Infernape aren't good enough to beat Umbreon? And in case you didn't read my previous post, which you obviously didn't, then you would realise that Choice Scarf is the better option over Focus Sash.

When you say something as an 'OPTION', then you mean that it would be effective, whereas it most certainly wouldn't be effective. If you've got Umbreon problems, run the mixed sweeper set with Superpower, so then at least you can account for Blissey as well. (btw, Umbreon is pretty much non-existent on Shoddy)

~T_S
It depends on the set used >_< With choice Scarf, your goal is to quick sleep and hit hard. With Focus Sash, your goal is to set up TS and then throw around STABs and whatnot.

Mixing them doesn't make sense to me. You can't set up with Scarf. His item says "Sleep-and-switch/attack" while his moveset says Set up.

So yes, Choice Scarf is a better option if you want to sleep the pokemon before they can attack, but Focus Sash is better in the terms of setting up, which is what he wants to do according to his moveset/explaination.

Oh, and Roserade won't be "useful later on in the match" if it misses a sleep Powder and gets totally ****** because it doesn't have Focus Sash.

~Current VPP~

Last edited by Flygon Ruler; 07-13-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Tortured_Soul Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
It depends on the set used >_< With choice Scarf, your goal is to quick sleep and hit hard. With Focus Sash, your goal is to set up TS and then throw around STABs and whatnot.

Mixing them doesn't make sense to me. You can't set up with Scarf. His item says "Sleep-and-switch/attack" while his moveset says Set up.

So yes, Choice Scarf is a better option if you want to sleep the pokemon before they can attack, but Focus Sash is better in the terms of setting up, which is what he wants to do according to his moveset/explaination.

Oh, and Roserade won't be "useful later on in the match" if it misses a sleep Powder and gets totally ****** because it doesn't have Focus Sash.
But your same argument in the previous post was that it would be able to sleep faster opponents that could OHKO it. So, if Sleep Powder misses then, what changes exactly? Oh, and did I not say 'remove Toxic Spikes if you're running Choice Scarf' in my previous post?

~T_S

Old 07-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Cucumber Offline

IMO if you are setting up Toxic Spikes go for a focus sash. If you want to just sleep and attack then go with scarf. Its that simple. Scarf would be to complicated to set up Toxis spikes and sleep and attack.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Flygon Ruler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
But your same argument in the previous post was that it would be able to sleep faster opponents that could OHKO it. So, if Sleep Powder misses then, what changes exactly? Oh, and did I not say 'remove Toxic Spikes if you're running Choice Scarf' in my previous post?

~T_S
But then you can still have another chance because of Focus Sash.

And no, you didn't. I read your last two pots and it said nothing about removing TS. Seanrock said that.

~Current VPP~

Old 07-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Tortured_Soul Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
But then you can still have another chance because of Focus Sash.

And no, you didn't. I read your last two pots and it said nothing about removing TS. Seanrock said that.
There in lies your problem, you only read two posts...

You don't get my point. Your argument on not using Choice Scarf is 'if sleep powder misses, then the opponent can OHKO you'. Well, using Focus Sash, there are faster leads than you who can OHKO. Using your same logic of 'if sleep powder misses', you will survive, but then will be KO'd the next turn, because you are slower.

~T_S