Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Xano Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Xano Send a message via Yahoo to Xano Send a message via Skype™ to Xano
Default [Comic] <don't have a title yet>[Comic]

Okey, this is my first comic and I don't have much to write about it here. only a guest form at the end, and don't ask anything about the plot, you can only find out if you read!

Chapter 1

Page1

Guest star form:

Name:

Pokemon he/she has:

Personality:

When he/she should come in and history:

Last edited by Xano; 07-12-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Xano Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Xano Send a message via Yahoo to Xano Send a message via Skype™ to Xano
Default Re: [Comic] <don't have a title yet>[Comic]

Open for feedback and ratings and............. I'm waiting for e'm.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:42 AM
ragnarok0422 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to ragnarok0422 Send a message via Yahoo to ragnarok0422

I have read your story and here are some comments (I know this your first and as not being too good to be true I will not say "It's good for a first timer...").

These are my comments that must inform you since you are new to comic making:

_'~> There is a site that can help you get sprites for your comic (I kinda forgot it... XD)

_'~> As much as possible, please try to have a background...

_'~> The plot is too simple... try to make your script first before making the actual one so you won't figure out what line will that character say...

...well... I'll try to think of some tips next time... bye!! ^_^

|| VPP Stats || URPG Stats || ASB Stats || Pokedex Project Stats || URPG Ranger Log ||
~ Credit to myself for making the Finnel avvie & banner! ~
Old 07-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Xano Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnajacob View Post
_'~> There is a site that can help you get sprites for your comic (I kinda forgot it... XD)
I got most of the sprites I need for this already, and I only need more for the next page, so I already had everything I needed for the first page.
Quote:
_'~> As much as possible, please try to have a background...
He's floating around in a nightmare; so there's no background. There is one in the second page though; as he gets out of the nightmare.
Quote:
_'~> The plot is too simple... try to make your script first before making the actual one so you won't figure out what line will that character say...
The plot is barely shown in the first page, you can't expect anything from that.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:13 PM
ragnarok0422 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to ragnarok0422 Send a message via Yahoo to ragnarok0422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xano View Post
I got most of the sprites I need for this already, and I only need more for the next page, so I already had everything I needed for the first page.

He's floating around in a nightmare; so there's no background. There is one in the second page though; as he gets out of the nightmare.

The plot is barely shown in the first page, you can't expect anything from that.
Oh... sorry... what I meant was "The plot was OBVIOUS..." meh, regular (or dream) kipnappings... dragons appearing bursting their beams then in the next part he will get a partner to help him in the future... then defeating the demons or whatsoever... meh, just meh...

Also, to beautify the comic a bit, at least try to apply purple wiggly lines as the background which would give some illusionist effects of dreaming... gets?

|| VPP Stats || URPG Stats || ASB Stats || Pokedex Project Stats || URPG Ranger Log ||
~ Credit to myself for making the Finnel avvie & banner! ~
Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Wario Offline

Here is a link to my comic, which utilises the nightmare effect much better (the entire comic so far takes place in a nightmare so far), and before the nightmare was mentioned in your comic, i had no idea why the whole screen was black. Speech bubbles or freeform text are also much more proffesional than the "face next to text" tequnique. Plus, you used terrible MS paint default colors to use on your sprites, you'd be better off using official sprites if you don't know how to custom make them. Finally, your effects lack a lot. Try downloading the free GIMP image editing software, i use it for my effects, and it works fine. If you know how to use it, it can work as a good photoshop-mock. I wish you good luck, and I hope to see that you take my advice, and inprove on your next issue and in the future.

Last edited by Wario; 07-09-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Xano Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
Plus, you used terrible MS paint default colors to use on your sprites, you'd be better off using official sprites if you don't know how to custom make them.
I only used paint's main colors in that hyper beam; I know how to make custom ones; used them in all my other art(most).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
Finally, your effects lack a lot. Try downloading the free GIMP image editing software, i use it for my effects, and it works fine. If you know how to use it, it can work as a good photoshop-mock. I wish you good luck, and I hope to see that you take my advice, and inprove on your next issue and in the future.
To be frank, I don't have ANY effect making program AT ALL
Old 07-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Wario Offline

Quote:
I only used paint's main colors in that hyper beam; I know how to make custom ones; used them in all my other art(most).

To be frank, I don't have ANY effect making program AT ALL
those look awfully default for the character's colors :(

and the reason i linked you to the gimp download was becuase you don't have an image editing program
Old 07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Xano Offline
Experienced Trainer

I got gimp and blurred the image. Also made many of him as if the whole thing isn't clearly visible. May have overdone it.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Wario Offline

Quote:
I got gimp and blurred the image. Also made many of him as if the whole thing isn't clearly visible. May have overdone it.
hmmm.....a definite improvement, its good to see that your gimp dowload was a success. The effect from panels 1-4 is a bit too much, but its better than what you originally had. you will get better over time, no doubt, and if you stick with it, you will have a respectable comic.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

Maybe you should check your grammar a little? I think that "Everyone, Hyper beam!!!!!" should have a capital 'b,' for example. And maybe the plot will become more evident later on in the comic. When I first saw the blurry effects, I thought you just saved it in something like .GIF. It didn't look too much like a nightmare to me. And I thought that boy was a girl! D: Anyways, keep up the good work, this looks to be a good first comic!
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Xano Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
And I thought that boy was a girl! D:
That was exactly how I wanted it to be. Only thing is in the actual thing he looks something like android 17(from dragon ball z) with blue hair.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:21 PM
camerupt Offline
Elite Trainer

Why didn't you make them shoop da whoop?
Old 07-12-2008, 12:45 AM
PapaLuLu27 Offline

Send a message via MSN to PapaLuLu27

Nice but for now, it doesn't occur to me what's happening. How come there were multiples of him? I think this'll turn out great...
Old 07-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Xano Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLuLu27 View Post
Nice but for now, it doesn't occur to me what's happening. How come there were multiples of him? I think this'll turn out great...
THe plot is a secret for now...............its not like what ragna said at all. Anyway, I added a border and corrected some text.
Closed Thread