Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator
Default Re: Worst Gaming Moments in History

Hearing NoA's ridiculous excuses for not translating MOTHER3, citing the "small fanbase" after they got a 30,000 signature petition and the poor sales of EarthBound, which was over ten years ago and also attributed to bad advertising and bad timing. It made me die on the inside. At least there's the fan translation.

Oh, and getting one-shotted in Zero Isle on PMD2 when I didn't realize that 36 is an insufficient level. x.x
Old 07-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Hearing that Lucario would replace Mewtwo in Brawl.
When my Mario Kart: Double Dash!!'s disc was unread.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Overwriting save files by accident. Oh trust me, its worse than it sounds.

Deciding to try Everquest is another poor, woeful choice on my part. Only made it to level 19, but even just that came with a world of frustration and disappointment.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:18 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Having Twilight Princess freeze on me as soon as I got to the last room in the 50 trials cave thing.

I hit my head against the wall. It was fun.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:23 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
Hearing that Lucario would replace Mewtwo in Brawl.
Worth repeating. At least a thousand times.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:43 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

I absolutely hate it when my Mario Kart game on my Game Cube says "Can not read disc. See Instruction Manual for help." right when I'm winning on the last level on 150 CC and I'm in first place. It always happens when I'm about to win!
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 07-10-2008, 03:47 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonKnowItAllVanessa View Post
I absolutely hate it when my Mario Kart game on my Game Cube says "Can not read disc. See Instruction Manual for help." right when I'm winning on the last level on 150 CC and I'm in first place. It always happens when I'm about to win!
At least you had an instruction guide, mine was used so I don't have it. =\
Old 07-10-2008, 04:05 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Buying all those games that I never play for the cheap, cheap prices of 50 and 60 bucks.

Not having all Xbox games compatible when the Xbox versions of games are usually the same and/or better.

Not having the same people do KOTOR 2.

Every Pokemon game after Silver / Gold

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 07-10-2008, 04:09 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

-All the ******* idiots on Xbox Live.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Losing my good file data for FFX, KH1, RE4 and MGS2 with the dog tags. Not even sure if I lost the memory card or if someone deleted my data.

yes.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Having to give Banjo-Tooie back to my friend... >_> I miss that game. Now I want an Xbox 360 to play the new one that's comin out.

When my brother killed my Sly 2 Game file, RIGHT after I finished it. God, I was so PISSED!

Err... Oh, right, when I was playing Sphinx at my Dad's house on his Xbox and I just finished this really hard bit and the power decides to go dead on us for a good couple of hours. ...

The Brood is growing!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Three moments in Halo 3 online.

1) I had a perfect ambush. A cluster of enemies were duking it out on the platform above me, making me virtually invisible to radar. I jumped into the elevator, ready to unleash a rain of lead on all of them from above... and I was on the last bullet in my clip and didn't notice. I wound up the target of a beatdown meant for someone else. Yeah.

2) Exact same game, I was running along a catwalk and the guy who had been dominating the game came running from a side hallway out of nowhere and smacked me with the Grav Hammer for the winning kill. It literally sent me flying off the platform, across the chasm, against a rock, and into the cloudy abyss in a spectacular fashion.

3) I was playing a one-on-one on my custom vehicle-oriented Valhalla stage with my buddy Hiro Yuy. I was running for one of the banshees, he comes out of nowhere on a ghost and splatters me, then gets out and hops into the banshee. He actually clipped that and put it on his file share.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
Three moments in Halo 3 online.

1) I had a perfect ambush. A cluster of enemies were duking it out on the platform above me, making me virtually invisible to radar. I jumped into the elevator, ready to unleash a rain of lead on all of them from above... and I was on the last bullet in my clip and didn't notice. I wound up the target of a beatdown meant for someone else. Yeah.

2) Exact same game, I was running along a catwalk and the guy who had been dominating the game came running from a side hallway out of nowhere and smacked me with the Grav Hammer for the winning kill. It literally sent me flying off the platform, across the chasm, against a rock, and into the cloudy abyss in a spectacular fashion.

3) I was playing a one-on-one on my custom vehicle-oriented Valhalla stage with my buddy Hiro Yuy. I was running for one of the banshees, he comes out of nowhere on a ghost and splatters me, then gets out and hops into the banshee. He actually clipped that and put it on his file share.
My condolences to you, friend, as those sound like pure gaming hell.

Another horrible moment I had was playing Battlefield 2, and I got killed by the same spawn camper three times in a row, and he humped by dead body each and every time.

As for those who don't know that game, each time you die, you lay there for fifteen seconds waiting for a medic. I had to see this guy's anus going up and down for nearly a whole minute. Its times like this that I wish I was an expert computer hacker. :P

Old 07-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post

Another horrible moment I had was playing Battlefield 2, and I got killed by the same spawn camper three times in a row, and he humped by dead body each and every time.

As for those who don't know that game, each time you die, you lay there for fifteen seconds waiting for a medic. I had to see this guy's anus going up and down for nearly a whole minute. Its times like this that I wish I was an expert computer hacker. :P
HAXORZ!

-Another moment of mine, playing All Pro Football 2k8 I was beating this guy 27-10 with 3 minutes left in the game. He scored on his drive, making it 27-17. I wasn't too worried, at this point there was only around 1:30 left. I tried to milk the clock on my drive but Emmitt Smith fumbled the ball and it was returned for a touchdown. 27-24 now. I knew that the onside kick was coming, it literally bounced right infront of Brian Bosworth but when he went down to pick it up, his foot kicked it and the ball landed right infront of one of his players. :22 left on the clock he hits a 30 yard pass to Jerry Rice. On the 10 yard line with :11 seconds left his QB scrambles in on a broken defensive play for a touchdown. I lose the game 31-27, and I was beating him by 17 points 3 minutes prior.

>>;
Old 07-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post

Yikes. My condolences to you.

And I've got another one. I'm replaying Ocarina of Time for the hell of it, and slaughtering those spider things up and down the mountain with the pwn Master Sword. Literally, I was going up and down the mountainside slaughtering the spider things. And then I turned my attention away from the tv. While still moving. And I ran. Straight off the cliff. And I fell. To my death. And I had to start again from my last save point. In the Great Deku Tree. Because I was extremely cocky and didn't save. D'oh.