Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda
Default Interracial stuff

Hey everyone, just wanted to know your opinion on interracial relationships and such.
And no I did not just make this thread because I'm white and I like Rihanna =/

Anyways, I also like New York, from I love New York, and every time I go to youth all my friends are like eww. Like today we all went bowling and to the movies, now on our bus I was talking about how I like Rihanna, and my friend Kayla goes, 'eww JD, she's black!' and I responded "and? She's hot" and then my friend Will was saying how I'm in love with a [Insert N-word] and I'm like WTF, cause I mean, none of these people talk this way when we're with my Friend Khalid [Black] and obviously they wouldn't. The stuff went on, and I ended up stopping the convo with me saying 'I'm going to have a moca chino baby with her and u know it!'

Now I also have 4 half white half black, and they're awesome, except one is also like chiniese, and I love them and spend a lot of time with them, and they don't get alot of crap from people, mostly because they can pass for either race. My question to you is do you think it's right? I do.

Also, my dad tells me those 4 cousins are gonna go through hell in life, and I'm like no their not, they're fine, and of course there's the occasional insult. Do you guys think they have it super hard?

BTW, I'm like totally in love with a Chinese girl, and none of my Family thinks it's very healthy

Oh BTW again, is there anything in the bible that says interracial love is wrong?
Old 07-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent
Default Re: Interracial stuff

I'm all for interracial relationships, marriage or dating.

If you like someone, no matter of the race, its perfectly fine to. Shame on our society for shunning those who do, do this. Love/liking is great, no matter which way you use it.

INTERACIAL RELATIONSHIPS FTW!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

I honestly see nothing wrong with it at all. I am South Korean and my school has many different cultures, I honestly haven't seen anyone freak out about say... A darker skinned person going out with a white person. (For some reason saying WHITE person sounds so... Dirty, not in the sexual way, but... Yeah. Makes the dark skinned people seem like... 'Impure' or something.)

One of my friends is half Russian, half Chinese, her parents are lovely, honestly, there is nothing wrong. I see many interracial couples around, blacks and asians, so forth, I don't think "OMg. What." I don't see a difference.

The colour of your skin, the place of your origin, your religion, the way you speak, the way you look shouldn't interfere with love.

For some reason... I don't know if I'd be surprised if the Bible had something on interracial relationships, or even interraciality (lol made up word.) itself. Anyone care to elaborate?

The Brood is growing!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:37 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sota View Post
Hey everyone, just wanted to know your opinion on interracial relationships and such.
And no I did not just make this thread because I'm white and I like Rihanna =/

Anyways, I also like New York, from I love New York, and every time I go to youth all my friends are like eww. Like today we all went bowling and to the movies, now on our bus I was talking about how I like Rihanna, and my friend Kayla goes, 'eww JD, she's black!' and I responded "and? She's hot" and then my friend Will was saying how I'm in love with a [Insert N-word] and I'm like WTF, cause I mean, none of these people talk this way when we're with my Friend Khalid [Black] and obviously they wouldn't. The stuff went on, and I ended up stopping the convo with me saying 'I'm going to have a moca chino baby with her and u know it!'

Now I also have 4 half white half black, and they're awesome, except one is also like chiniese, and I love them and spend a lot of time with them, and they don't get alot of crap from people, mostly because they can pass for either race. My question to you is do you think it's right? I do.

Also, my dad tells me those 4 cousins are gonna go through hell in life, and I'm like no their not, they're fine, and of course there's the occasional insult. Do you guys think they have it super hard?

BTW, I'm like totally in love with a Chinese girl, and none of my Family thinks it's very healthy

Oh BTW again, is there anything in the bible that says interracial love is wrong?
I don't think the bible has anything about interracial love? The OT certainly doesn't. ^^; Legend/story wise, it's said that after the flood, Noah's three sons each spread out with some animals to help regrow the destroyed world. One son went north and his descendants are Asian, one went west and his descendants are white, the other stayed near his father/moved slightly south and his descendants are black. -shrugs- So since they were all righteous, and all family, I don't see why interracial things would be considered bad.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

I see nothing wrong with it. What's wrong with loving someone who isn't the same race as you?

Down here where I live, you don't see many interracial couples mainly because the population is like 95% Hispanics 5% Whites and Blacks, but my sister's boyfriend is Chinese while she's Hispanic and they're like just like any other couple (well, maybe a langauge barrier here and there at times). My parents are fine with it and so is his family.

(Though my mom seems to hint that she doesn't want me to get together with an African American (guess because of the sterotypes), which always ticks me off so much because she still hints that despite the fact that I keep telling her I don't care what a guy looks like as long as he is nice and an overall good person. >.>)

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 07-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Personally, I find nothing wrong with it. Heck, without it, I think there would be way more racism.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Master_of_Munch Offline
Elite Trainer

Nothing wrong with it, IMO. There is only one thing in the Bible(I think, but if there is, I can't remember which book or verse) that said something about God being angry with some Jews for marrying other races, but that's prolly cause they were like his people and he wanted them pure. Even so, I'm Christian and think it's fine. 'Nuff said.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_of_Munch View Post
Nothing wrong with it, IMO. There is only one thing in the Bible(I think, but if there is, I can't remember which book or verse) that said something about God being angry with some Jews for marrying other races, but that's prolly cause they were like his people and he wanted them pure. Even so, I'm Christian and think it's fine. 'Nuff said.
No, there isn't, actually. There is an admonition not to marry people of another RELIGION, but nothing is said about race.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:02 PM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

My second cousin is mixed with Austrian and African.
My other second cousin is mixed with Mexican and Austrian.

So, no.
I believe there's nothing wrong with it.
My best friend in third grade (who was a black male) had a mega-crush on me. I've even had crushes on males of other races.

Like, Will Smith... <3
Old 07-23-2008, 04:55 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

... dude, Sota, you do realize that you're friends with racists right? I mean, does anyone even see race anymore? I mean, unless you're running for president and happen to be black (Obama '08). Why on earth would anyone have any problem with anyone marrying someone of another race unless they're racists?

And in case you hadn't guessed, yeah, I have no problems with interracial relationships.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:47 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Eeveeking, I am son to an extremely racist anti-Jewish southern-raised Yankee whom is probably a worse racist than Sota's friends will ever be.

It seems fine, I assume. An African-American woman marrying a Caucasian man may seem a little odd at first, but it's really fine...

[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
Old 08-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Arrow Re: Interracial stuff

There is more difference genetically between any two people (who are not directly related) of the same race, than there is between the different races as a whole.

Interspecies relationships ftw.

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

I find nothing wrong with interracial relationships, dating, and marrige in my opinion.

I'm sure my parents find nothing wrong with it as my dad's father was both European and Asian.

So, I guess it's very fine.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 08-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

It's cool and this thread isn't.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote: