Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default The Thud Experiment

Clicky.

Interesting evidence to add to my belief that American psychiatry is mostly fake and used to make money. These people prey upon the fears of people and make them think it's their fault because they're freaks, they have a disorder, they're not sane.

"But don't worry, these drugs will make it better."

No, all they do is pacify you and tinker up in the attic. I took the damn things for a year and a half at least and they made no difference.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:43 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN
Default Re: The Thud Experiment

The only fallacy in assuming that the American psychiatry system is bad, is that that experiment was conducted decades ago, judging by the clothing style and the age of the researcher.

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 07-06-2008, 12:28 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

-shrugs- I've always thought american psychiatrists were poorly trained, not intentionally malicious. I mean, some people DO have severe disorders that need medicine. Schizophrenia, bipolar, etc, DO exist... But there's very few cases. And people who've never seen a real case mistake a slightly disturbed/weird person for someone with a major disorder.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:13 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

I think there's nothing more helpful than another person listening and backing you up, or just giving you advice. So for that reason, they work as someone who can be trusted to keep things confidential. A release of everything if you don't have anyone else you can talk to, I guess.

But other than that, I believe that there are some cases where the drugs aren't needed. But there are plenty of cases where it is. Some of it is indeed due to problems with chemicals, and I know a few people who swear by the medicine.

And for that reason it works. Even if the pills are fake, as long as they do the job and make the persons life better, even if they think it's the pills when it's really them ... then they're doing their job.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."