Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
supershaymin Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: What would you rather have PS3 or a WII?

wii is ultimitely awesome but i am getting a ps3 for christmas

pm me for your code
Old 07-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Not sure. I guess theres more games I'd play on the PS3, but I don't hate the Wii.

Like the 360 more though.

yes.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

... I... Why... WHY MAKE A PS3?!?!?!?! I have a PS2. It's my baby. And now... ... They'll never make a good game for PS2 again. And the PS3 is like... ... A LOT OF MONEY.

My brother, he has a Wii. Mario Party 8 is the best thing ever.

I want an Xbox 360. If only for the new Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts game. THEY KILLED KAZZOIE'S FACE! And Banjo's. ...

The Brood is growing!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:51 PM
KOR Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to KOR Send a message via Yahoo to KOR

The PS3 appeals to me much more than the Wii.

The Wii is more like a gimmick to me than anything. It sells more by its peripherals(The nunchuck, the racing wheel, Wii Fit) more than its actual games.

Not to mention that third-party developers have yet to make a good game on the Wii yet. Boomn Blox's sales are horrible despite the fact that it was a pretty good game. Medal of Honor also didn't sell very well. Not to mention that Nintendo has completely ignored most of its hardcore gamers. Sure, you could say "Well there's Metroid Prime 3", but even though it was as good as the first game, it sold less than the first, and it lacked what most FPSs have today and thats multiplayer. And with the story concluded, there isn't much hope for another sequel.

Fire Emblem is another game, that although decent, didn't do good in the sales either. While those basic games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart have all sold, because those are all of the 'gimmick' games.

No one cares whether Mario Kart is more of a port from the DS game than it was a new game, or the SSBM was simply adding to the roster and didn't do much to reinvent the series.

There are practically no games coming out for the Wii that make me think "Hey I really want that console."

Not to mention that there is almost nothing really awesome that we know is coming out for the Wii. I've heard of Super Mario Sluggers, which is alot like Super Mario Strikers, except with baseball, but that doesn't even have a release date yet.

Other than that, there's nothing that's been announced for the Wii that's really going to Wow the crowds. Unless if you count Call of Duty: World at War, but since Treyarch is making it and it goes back to WWII I doubt it'll be anything special. Not to mention its not an exclusive game either.

I can name dozens of PS3/360 games that will be coming out in 2008 or early 2009. I'm a 360 owner, myself and I know that there will be tons of games coming out that'll appeal to me.

Since I already have a 360, if I wanted a second console it'd be the PS3. With Infamous, Resistance 2, FF13, Killzone 2. SOCOM: Confrontation, Valkyria Chronicles, and MGS4, I would say anyone that says that the PS3 won't have any good games is outrageous. Those are only the exclusives as well.

Well thats my rant.

These Pokemon are pretty dope :P
Old 07-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Lol, those are some good points, but the Wii gaming isn't as crappy as you'd think it was actually. I had a good time messing around with flashlights in Mario Party 8. The Wii Fit and everything look interesting, but yeah, they're hooking Nintendo DS along for the ride, all those SH*T virtual simulations, like raising babies and cooking, I mean... REALLY. And no good games are coming out.

But yeah, I dunno... What's the difference between the PS2 and 3? I... Sony just wants us to buy something else, because they forgot to stick something in the PS2 anyway.

The Brood is growing!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:35 AM
KOR Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

PS3:

Better Graphics
Blue-Ray
Online Content(Movies, Demos, ect)
Better Games
New Trophy system(Much like the 360 Achievements)
Home(Like XBL)

If your staying strictly to Sony, get the PS3. I suggest getting Resistance, MGS4, and Battlefield: Bad Company. That should keep you satisfied for what comes out later like Resistance 2, Fall out 3, Borderlands, LOTR: Conquest, Star Wars: TFU, MK vs DC, ect.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:33 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

@KoR888: Mario Super Sluggers is coming out on August 25th.

I would get a Wii, mainly because it isn't only shooter games, and I think it's safe to say that the Wii has characters which we have all come to know and love, from Mario to Kirby. Besides, while PS3 only sticks to pushing buttons and tilting a controller stick, the Wii lets you get more 'into' the game, with the Wii mote, which I would rather have than outstanding graphics.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:12 AM
Kirby Grunt Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kirby Grunt Send a message via MSN to Kirby Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kirby Grunt

Half the forum is a Nintendo fanyboy :P
I have both, but I don't use the PS3, my Dad/bros do.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:51 AM
KOR Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
@KoR888: Mario Super Sluggers is coming out on August 25th.

I would get a Wii, mainly because it isn't only shooter games, and I think it's safe to say that the Wii has characters which we have all come to know and love, from Mario to Kirby. Besides, while PS3 only sticks to pushing buttons and tilting a controller stick, the Wii lets you get more 'into' the game, with the Wii mote, which I would rather have than outstanding graphics.
Your exactly proving my point. The Wii is sold more by peripherals than the actual games themselves. Besides, I don't even think they've made a Kirby game for the Wii yet.

Also there are people that just flick their wrists than actually get up and wave their arm around. Besides, there's no game that I want to get 'into.'

Everyone who owns a Wii tends to go to the whole "In the PS3 and 360 you just press buttons and titlting the analouge stick. Its much more fun to play the Wii because you get to use the Wii mote ect. ect." arguement. Honestly, there are way more PS3/360 games that have been received very well than the Wii.

Also, the PS3 and 360 arn't just made of shooters. The top shooters are CoD4, Halo 3, BF: Bad Company and Resistance. There's also Frontlines: Fuel of War. All of these games have a pretty unique expierence to them. Not to mention that all of these games have been given great reviews and are good games. Let me give you a list of all the good games that'll be coming out/already out that arn't shooters that will only be on the 360 and PS3

Dead Space
Too Human
Infamous
Fallout 3
Alpha Protocol
Devil May Cry 4
Ninja Gaiden 2
Brutal Legend
Rise of the Argonauts
God of War 3
The Last Remnant
Final Fantasy 13
Halo Wars
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Darksiders
The Agency

The list goes on and on. Name that many games for the Wii. Because idk what's going on for the Wii.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:01 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofRohan888 View Post
Your exactly proving my point. The Wii is sold more by peripherals than the actual games themselves. Besides, I don't even think they've made a Kirby game for the Wii yet.

Also there are people that just flick their wrists than actually get up and wave their arm around. Besides, there's no game that I want to get 'into.'

Everyone who owns a Wii tends to go to the whole "In the PS3 and 360 you just press buttons and titlting the analouge stick. Its much more fun to play the Wii because you get to use the Wii mote ect. ect." arguement. Honestly, there are way more PS3/360 games that have been received very well than the Wii.

Also, the PS3 and 360 arn't just made of shooters. The top shooters are CoD4, Halo 3, BF: Bad Company and Resistance. There's also Frontlines: Fuel of War. All of these games have a pretty unique expierence to them. Not to mention that all of these games have been given great reviews and are good games. Let me give you a list of all the good games that'll be coming out/already out that arn't shooters that will only be on the 360 and PS3

Dead Space
Too Human
Infamous
Fallout 3
Alpha Protocol
Devil May Cry 4
Ninja Gaiden 2
Brutal Legend
Rise of the Argonauts
God of War 3
The Last Remnant
Final Fantasy 13
Halo Wars
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Darksiders
The Agency

The list goes on and on. Name that many games for the Wii. Because idk what's going on for the Wii.
Yeah, all these games have sold more than one million copies:

Mario Party 8
Red Steel
Resident Steel: The Umbrella Chronicles
Mario Strikers Charged
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Paper Mario
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Carnival Games
Wii Fit
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Link's Crossbow Training
Wii Play
Rayman Raving Rabbids
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

There are also some more. Besides, Kirby has appeared in SSBB, and most of the video games I have mentioned do not have or come with Wiimotes and what not. Besides, most PS3 games I've seen are aimed for an older audience, where as the Wii has a large variety. Not to mention, the Wii has 22 best seller games, including the ones I've mentioned above, where as the PS3 has only had eight. 14 game difference, which in my opinion is big, so you tell me, which one is better: The Wii, or PS3?

Last edited by Shadow Eevee; 07-10-2008 at 05:06 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:10 AM
KOR Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:

Mario Party 8
Red Steel
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Paper Mario
Carnival Games
Wii Fit
Link's Crossbow Training
Wii Play
Rayman Raving Rabbids

There are also some more. Besides, Kirby has appeared in SSBB, and most of the video games I have mentioned do not have or come with Wiimotes and what not. Besides, most PS3 games I've seen are aimed for an older audience, where as the Wii has a large variety. Not to mention, the Wii has 22 best seller games, including the ones I've mentioned above, where as the PS3 has only had eight. 14 game difference, which in my opinion is big, so you tell me, which one is better: The Wii, or PS3?
But the question isn't whether the games would sell or not. Its how fun they are.

Red Steel and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games were both horrible. Look at the reviews of those games and compare them to the 360/PS3 games. Hardly a comparisson.

Most of those games were gimmick games. Wii Play, Carnival Games, Wii Fit. All of them are in that gimmick area. Not to mention that the rest haven't gotten anywhere nearly as much coverage as the games I listed, unless you include GH3, but thats for all the systems.

Also Halo 3 made 170 million in its first day. GTA IV smashed that.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:18 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofRohan888 View Post
But the question isn't whether the games would sell or not. Its how fun they are.

Red Steel and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games were both horrible. Look at the reviews of those games and compare them to the 360/PS3 games. Hardly a comparisson.

Most of those games were gimmick games. Wii Play, Carnival Games, Wii Fit. All of them are in that gimmick area. Not to mention that the rest haven't gotten anywhere nearly as much coverage as the games I listed, unless you include GH3, but thats for all the systems.

Also Halo 3 made 170 million in its first day. GTA IV smashed that.
The quality of amusement (I sounded like a robot there DX) is based on a person's personal insight and opinion on the game, not some random company, so it's not fair if someone who loves shooter genres rates 'Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games'. And this is about the Wii and PS3, not the Xbox 360. =\
And you can't decide what is and isn't a gimmick, again, it's for a person alone to personally decide if it is or isn't a gimmick.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:36 AM
KOR Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
The quality of amusement (I sounded like a robot there DX) is based on a person's personal insight and opinion on the game, not some random company, so it's not fair if someone who loves shooter genres rates 'Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games'. And this is about the Wii and PS3, not the Xbox 360. =\
And you can't decide what is and isn't a gimmick, again, it's for a person alone to personally decide if it is or isn't a gimmick.
I'm not the only one that's seen it as a gimmick. It's widely viewed by many analysists that the Wii is a gimmick.

Not to mention that another advantage the PS3 has over the Wii is Blu-ray. You can actually play DVDs on it unlike the Wii. The PS3 also has all of those other advantages I listed above.

Overall, for a more hardcore based gamer like me, none of the games on the Wii appeal to me. And I've played alot of the genres before. FPS, RPG, Action/Adventure, Music, ect.

The Wii may appeal to the casual gamer, but Nintendo is pretty much abandoning its hardcore crowd.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Clutch Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Clutch

I have both, but if I could only choose one, it'd definitely be a PS3.

Basically for these:
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Resistance
- Killzone
- Infamous
- Uncharted
- Gran Turismo 5
- Ratchet & Clank

Yayy.

Black Ops | K/D: 2.69 | W/L: 2.96
Old 07-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Kirby Grunt Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kirby Grunt Send a message via MSN to Kirby Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kirby Grunt

Quote:

Mario Party 8
Red Steel
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Paper Mario
Carnival Games
Wii Fit
Link's Crossbow Training
Wii Play
Rayman Raving Rabbids

Yes, but the Wii also has over 30 games that were rated below 5. Where as the PS3 doesn't have as much. NNow you tell me, which is better? The Wii's Wifi Lags like crazy, where on the PS3, the online play is perfect.
See what I'm saying? Pros and cons, one may like one console better then the other, but all 3 consoles tie, in my opinion.
But I just like Nintendo the best, not sayin that the other to arent any good.