Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:39 AM
J-Dubb Offline

Default RMT new and improved

Ok here team at glance that I feel are both a great team combination as well as filled with pokemon I like. I've tried this team on Shoddy and so far it been doing good (I'm 25/5 with this team)

@ Life Orb

Adamant
4 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spd

Agility
Meteor Mash
Explosion
Earthquake

My New lead can cover most leads I've faced and is a standered agilitygross set

@ Expert Belt

Mild
4 HP/ 252 Sp.Att/ 252 Spd

Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Cross Chop
Earthquake

Made A Mix sweeper cause most expect standered here. Takes care of my bronzong weakness as well

@ Salac Berry

Jolly
4 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spd

Sword Dance
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake

My favorite pokemon ever! always wanted to make a team with him so I did. Sword Dance to boost the terror of the croc and salaic to raise speed when close to death.

@ Leftovers

Impish
252 HP/ 4 Att/ 252 Def

Knock off
Roost
Aerial Ace
Earthquake

An awesome defensive pokemon here. I was thinking of adding stealth rock in but not sure what to drop for it so suggestion of what to drop or if it fine as is are welcome.

@ Choice Scarf

Modest (Adaptability)
4 HP/ 25 Sp. Att/ 252 Spd

Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Tri Attack

PorygonZ FTW! I've been able to say that in 8 of my wins so far. this guy is an awesome pokemon when scarfed able to easily sweep. Adaptability + Stab Tri attack is a killer move capable of destroying a lot of pokemon quickly

@ Leftovers

Careful
252 HP/ 76 Def/ 189 SP.Def

Pain Split
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Will-o-wisp

My tank of my team as well as the one to burn those pesky sweepers that are in my way. Mostly a basic set like the rest of my team.

Well that’s my team all criticism is welcome.

Last edited by J-Dubb; 07-09-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:53 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber
Default Re: RMT new and improved

Standard mix-ape with Hp ice really takes down a hefty chunk of this team and then Gengar could take the rest after that. Might want to consider a better Sub passer than jolteon because Jolteons substiutes are horrible and usually get broken after Baton passing. All of your sets are ok though.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:13 PM
J-Dubb Offline

ya Jolteon has definitly been my weaker team member recetly any suggestions as to who to switch him with
Old 07-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

First I'd like to say that Jolteon>>>>Umbreon. :x

Mixape weak can be cured by giving Dusknoir EQ, who can wall it pretty well anyways. Your team seems to be pretty slow. Your only fast sweeper is Porgon Z who is hindered by Choice. Thunder Wave>Yawn on Jolteon provides PAR support. Watch out for Bronzong too, who seems to be able to shrug off most of what this team throws at him, except for Focus Punches from Breloom. So yeah watch for it.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 07-09-2008, 04:27 PM
J-Dubb Offline

Ok I put your ideas into consideration and made decisions on what to change etc.

so two pokemon were dropped and two new ones added I hope this deals with my problems.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Lil MuDkiP849 Offline

I dont see what electivire is really covering here. He just plain sucks and is completely outclassed by so many other sweepers, also, how does he rid you of your bronzong weakness? If bronzong has EQ, your screwed, and from your set you *might* kill zong, but something else would come in and revenge kill. If you REALLY wanted to rid the zong weakness, you would've fixed the EV's to put in ATK and gave him flamethrower, but that's just a personal option for someone. What also doesnt make sense on electivire is you give him max sp. atk with 1 sp. atk move without any investment in atk with 3 physical moves which basically give him the coverage that helps him dish out damage. I really doubt he has no trouble at all OHKOing things physically...

I also think you should rid of porygon-z. Sure he's great and a really cool pokemon, but he's just not as good as people make him out to be. Scarf-z may outspeed some, but other scarfers such as chomp and gengar will come in on you and rape. People will know your scarfed if you outspeed fast pokes...so whatever your locked in on people will take advantage of...remember that about choice scarf...

I'd think you should replace electivire with Mixape, and replace porygon-z with whatever *other* special sweeper you want. Some options are-

Starmie
Alakazam
Gengar

Hope i helped...

Last edited by Lil MuDkiP849; 07-09-2008 at 09:41 PM.