Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 07-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Default Most Overrated Games

Opposite of the "Under-apprecitaed Games" thread, which games do you think are overrated/over-appreciated?

For me, I'd say Halo 3, Gears of War and GTA 4.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Sadistic Blaziken Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Most Overrated Games

The Halo series, the Gears of War series, and the Grand Theft Auto series. I hate those games, but everyone seems to love them. -_-;

EDIT: o.0 *looks at post above him* ...That was a very weird coincidence.... Oh, and Guitar Hero is overrated, as well. Who wants to play guitar on a video game, let alone in the first place? *coughcoughisbeingveryemoandsadistictodaycoughcoug h*
...This is a very good question, as I have many siblings.

Last edited by Sadistic Blaziken; 07-02-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Now, did you read my post, or was that just coincidence?
Old 07-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Disruption Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Disruption

Grand Theft Auto for sure.

GUITAR HERO is so freaking overrated. The Tony Hawk games and Oblivion are some others.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

You guys are just lame. Those are good games, you just want attention. :/

Oblivion? Seriously? That game was a masterpiece and by far the best action RPG I've ever played.

Personally I think Forza is pretty overrated as a racing game.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLink View Post

Oblivion? Seriously? That game was a masterpiece and by far the best action RPG I've ever played.
QFT

I find World of Warcraft to be overrated for what it is. Yeah, it's a deep game, but I've never really seen how it differs so much from other games like Everquest/Lineage, etc.

Hi

Old 07-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Disruption Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Disruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLink View Post

Personally I think Forza is pretty overrated as a racing game.
It's my opinion, and how am I trying to get attention?

Not everyone likes all the games you do, buddy.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disruption View Post
It's my opinion, and how am I trying to get attention?

Not everyone likes all the games you do, buddy.
When a game gets a 9+ on most trusted game sites, I think you should lay off calling it overrated, because that just shows how good your taste in games is. (Not the best :s)

Last edited by Hypocrisy is Fun; 07-02-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Blaziken91 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Blaziken91

Listing Halo AND Gears of War in the same catagory is kinda dumb.

Gears is way better than Halo. I never found Halo fun at all. Actually, I think it sucks.

The GTA series is one of the best ever made. If you're having a bad day, put the game in and run people over with a bus, wreck 100 cars, and kill hundreds of people. It's a good stress reliever. AND the story for GTA is great every time Rockstar puts one on the shelves.

Rock Band is the most overated. I hate the fact that it just had to use cords. GHIII was wireless and therefore the better game, even with just a guitar it was the better of the two.. AND with GHIV coming out, everythings's wireless and the drums are WAY better. Every Rock Band game should just get thrown away into a flaming pit, where all the other crappy games go.

Oh, and all those people that say Neversoft is taking Rock Band's idea, well that's not even 1000% true. Neversoft has been working on this idea way before they made GHI. So there GH haters.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

The thing about Halo and Gears is that you have to actually be good at it to appreciate it, and a lot of people don't get past that hump. Personally, Halo 3 wasn't as great as Halo 2 to me, but Gears of War is just amazing, and anyone who doesn't like it simply can't appreciate a good shooting game XD. Oh, and you hvae to have the stomach and maturity (I guess? :-/) to stomach the violence of GoW, which I find awesomely awesome.

GTA IV delivered, it was exactly what I knew it'd be, there was no hype that it didn't make.

And Oblivion, now that one I can't even see at all, because that game is the most open RPG that there is. I've spent ... forever playing that game. It's up there with the Baldur's Gate series.

But for me ... Mass Effect, great game, but the whole 'hop on planet and drive around' got really boring, really fast. The planets were great, though. Oh, and the equipment thing was horrible.

WoW, because I couldn't really ever get into it.

The Wii, because the only Wii games I've played that are decent are mini-games, and they get boring quickly :-/. Granted, I haven't played everything, but the ones I have played ...

Mario Kart: Double Dash sucked for me.

The new Super Smash Bros, because it just added a cheap new feature 'Super Smash!' and really didn't do much else.

Any Dynasty Warrior game, because, well, they're all the same.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 07-02-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Blaziken91 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Blaziken91

Yeah, the Wii itself is way overated.

The only good game for it is Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. That's it. And maybe Super Mario Galaxy, maybe.

Final Fantasy can be. Some of the handheld games are overhyped and they suck. The remakes of FFI and FFII on the PSP, I heard aren't that great. But I'm a fan, so I'll buy them.

Oblivion, I heard was great. And I played a few mins. of it at a friends house and the game delivered. Just those few mins. made me believe that this game is arguably the BEST RPG ever.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziken91 View Post
Yeah, the Wii itself is way overated.

The only good game for it is Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. That's it. And maybe Super Mario Galaxy, maybe.

Final Fantasy can be. Some of the handheld games are overhyped and they suck. The remakes of FFI and FFII on the PSP, I heard aren't that great. But I'm a fan, so I'll buy them.

Oblivion, I heard was great. And I played a few mins. of it at a friends house and the game delivered. Just those few mins. made me believe that this game is arguably the BEST RPG ever.
Oh, now I know you di'int just dis the Wii. I own one, and it is just about the funnest systems I have ever played. It may not have the BEST graphics out there, but they are good. And Twilight Princess and SSBB are two of the most fun games I have ever played, next to pokemon. And battle revolution is for the wii, and that game is'nt bad. Personally, I think the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are complete wastes of money. Nintendo takes the cake in my eyes. (or thumbs, in this case. )

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 07-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudkipboi View Post
Oh, now I know you di'int just dis the Wii. I own one, and it is just about the funnest systems I have ever played. It may not have the BEST graphics out there, but they are good. And Twilight Princess and SSBB are two of the most fun games I have ever played, next to pokemon. And battle revolution is for the wii, and that game is'nt bad. Personally, I think the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are complete wastes of money. Nintendo takes the cake in my eyes. (or thumbs, in this case. )
They weren't commenting on the graphics at all, and both of them acknowledge that there are good games on the Wii. Their comments weren't against the Wii directly, but rather its library, which is seriously lacking in quality games in comparison to the other consoles other than games like Wii Sports/Wii Play and rare gems like Zelda or Metroid.

Don't be so defensive. The Wii isn't perfect. :\

Hi

Old 07-02-2008, 10:13 PM
karmachameleon Offline

Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon

GTA 3 by a lot, the Madden series, Tears of War, COD4, Halo a bit, God of War, Super Mario Galaxy a bit *prepares for rant from Charbok*. All of these games are good, just overrated.

There needs to be a Forrest Gump game.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziken91 View Post
Bleh. It's fun and all, but the story is kind of unoriginal and the voice acting is dull.

Most overrated game for me would have to be World of Warcraft.

Last edited by Seawolf; 07-02-2008 at 10:16 PM.