Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:17 PM
scalec Offline

Default Your Characters' inspiration

We all know about peoples characters in the fics, but we don't know what inspired our friends to make them, them! Here we tell who we modled our characters after.
I'll start.
Josh: I modeled Josh after my best friend and I. My friends name is also Josh. Josh in the story is willing to always have fun, like the real world Josh, but knows when its time to be serious, like me. His look I just made out of thin air, but I think it runs along the lines of I have greenish-bluish eyes like him, and I've always wanted blond hair. His hair style I tried to make seem like Gary's from the anime.
Chance: I've always liked grass types, and when I get D/P I will definetly start with Turtwig. His attitude I just got from random characters, like the parrot dude on Alladin, and a New Yorker.
Liana: You'd have to ask Latias Rider
Kairi: Ask Pikachu11249
Sora: I had fun figuring him out. I got him to be a mix of Benny from The Boxcar Children and Flapjack from The Marvolous Misadventures of Flapjack. He is smart, and curious like Benny, and the Flapjack part of him makes me want to hug him and laugh at how silly he can be.
The Shadow Queen, Gardevoir: Cruella DeVil and Jessie from Pokemon. She's a good mix of evil from both of them, and a good mix of the sense she can't be told she's ugly or unatractive.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Siris Avrage Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Your Characters' inspiration

i based mine mainly of Dante from DMC just looks different and is Superhuman...how he looks different is he has balck hair..spiked or dreadlocks :D
his atitude is like him from DMC 4 and his Sword looks alot like Dante's Rebellion..also he weilds a gun so..yeah
Old 06-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

I got my inspiration from my Pokemon Diamond Game. I got the idea of all the Pokemon, except for Sassy, from Rage12's Rp, The Eight Fragments.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 06-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Great thread idea! =D I'll explain my inspiration... (Warning! I'm probably going to ramble...)

Snowcrystal: Snowcrystal wasn't really based on anything much; she was just a random character idea I had when I started the story. Of course, the more I wrote about her, the more I thought about her personality and history and stuff!

Stormblade: Stormblade is loosly based off this scyther in one of my really old stories (that I wrote before I knew what a 'fanfic' was, so I just called them pokémon stories). Also, in Diamond version I caught this scyther and named him Stormblade (before I started my story). And for some reason when I play the games I like to think of personalities and stories about my pokémon as I play, just for fun. Stormblade's sort of based on the personality I came up with for that scyther too.

Thunder: I don't really remember what inspired Thunder's personality, but she was a roleplay character before I started my story. However since I was the only one in the roleplay who was at least being semi-realistic about what would happen to a scyther if they were hit by fire blast, and since everyone's character hated her, my character was doomed to be too injured to do anything. By this time I had started my story, so I got annoyed with how she kept getting attacked in the roleplay and decided I should kill her off in the roleplay and put her in the story instead. (though I really didn't end up killing her off.) However, her story personality turned out a lot different than the roleplay one and I thought it out a lot more as I wrote about her in the story.

Spark: Back when I was barely starting my story, Spark was just another random-thought-up character because I wanted one that wasn't totally serious all the time (like Snowcrystal and Stormblade were a lot.)

Wildflame: I wanted one of the houndour characters to trick the main characters, and Wildflame's personality sort of grew the more I wrote about her. She's not really based on anyone I know or another character I had.

Rosie: I wanted there to sort of be a little kid pokémon who traveled with the group, and Rosie's personality was based on another old character of mine.

Blazefang: I don't remember where his original inspiration came from xD But one thing that I tried hard to do with his personality is give him a reason for everything bad he does, since dark pokémon I've seen in some stories I read in the past hadn't any reasonable motives, or sometimes none at all. Later on I hated that I had used houndour as villains, but I had wrote it that way because I wanted the villains' species to be one similar to growlithe. I (attempt) to give Blazefang and the houndour personalities that are just as well thought out as the heros' are!

Justin: He's kind of based off this one jerk I knew, but strangely enough I got the idea for his name from an old character of mine who was a really nice character. xDDD

Katie: She was originally supposed to be sort of the opposite of Justin, but is friends with him. She's someone who likes to help pokémon.

Thunder's Trainer/Master: (real name not revealed yet in the story) His original inspiration was that I wanted another villain xD (And the cause for a bunch of stuff in Thunder's past that's kinda important and what not.)

Volco: I wanted more villains. And he was also meant to be Thunder's Trainer's pampered "pet" and a long-time enemy of Thunder.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some characters...but I think I've rambled enough for now...

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-

Last edited by Scytherwolf; 01-28-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:05 PM
scalec Offline

I like Pokemon you wouldn't expect to be evil to be villians, too, which is why I chose Gardevoir. Would you expect a Pokemon normally portrayed as sweet and caring to be an evil creature? But thats beside the point.

I completley forgot to add Rosebud's personalitly! Granted, she doesn't have a personality yet revealed, but I can release some details.
Rosebud: I needed another Pokemon in the group, and it had to be an amazingly cute one. For reasons to revealed later, it also had to be grass. So I looked on Bulbepedia and got a Budew in my search, and I fell instantly in love with it.
Her personality is going to be along the lines of a sweet, little shy girl who can trust anyone. You'll fall in love with her, I promise.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec View Post
I like Pokemon you wouldn't expect to be evil to be villians, too, which is why I chose Gardevoir. Would you expect a Pokemon normally portrayed as sweet and caring to be an evil creature?
Those kinds of villains are really fun to make up! >=3

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 06-29-2008, 05:00 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Yay! My turn!

Sonic- Well, he's obviously based off of SEGA's mascot. However, I've changed his personality a little bit. You see, SEGA never really cared to put a cannon past behind him, combine that with Nazo the hedgehog (a dropped idea for SonicX, all we have is his name and one picture) and the seven second appearance of Dark Super Sonic, I cooked up a past no one will suspect. Who knew a hero could have done something villainous in his past?

Shadow- Uh, not much to say here. Except like Sonic, I've changed his personality a little. I've shown him to be kind and caring when placed with the right people. All he really needed was someone to sympathize with.

Cami- She's based off of me, believe it or not. I created her because I always dreamed of interacting with characters, so she is my link. The only difference is she has wings, a bad past, a bit wiser, less evil (minus her dark form, which will make an appearance in...the next chapter), and more patient. She also shows motherly traits occasionely.

Amy- No comments.

Chris- No comments.

Tails- I kept his love interest alive, as Cosmo was never shown as "dead". I mean, she's a plant, so she could grow back...Tails is still the same, although he still has some affection for Cami.

Cosmo- No comments.

Knuckles- No comments.

Dr. Eggman- I'm not quite sure...He won't be making a huge impact in my story (the next one is a big yes).

Nazo- Well, we needed an uber villain, here he is. Unlike most villains who lose their cool and are easily defeated, he isn't. In fact, he's even too much for Super Sonic to handle. Another thing, Nazo doesn't seem to want to take over the world...He seems to want revenge on Sonic instead. I guess I just got sick of the villains losing.

Dark Super Sonic- Hasn't been introduced yet, but I've given enough away to form a personality. He has a sense of humor (a little twisted sometimes), is insane, and is easily upset. My inspiration was the Dark Super Sonic from SonicX (and what little personality was shown) and my lust for the hero to go insane. I won't give his unique ability away, but I'll give a hint;
If Super Sonic can heal, than Dark Super Sonic can...?

Dark Cami- Uh...You'll find out in the next chapter! I guess she's the evil side of me.

Aggranium- I needed a fusion, so here he is. However, unlike most fusions, I've actually decided to sculpt a past for him. My inspiration? I guess I'd have to say Sonic the Hedgehog.

Hmm...Well, it turned into a personality thing, but when they're based on official characters...It's kinda hard.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Chillaxed09 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Ooh. Fun thread. ;D I'm going to jump in here and pretend I fit in with you veterans. xD

Aletris: The main character in "I'm 16..." Aletris was originally a roleplay character, but then she starred in a number of little fan-fic mini-stories I wrote (you know, the kind that stay hidden away in your computer until the end of time because they're just that bad). That was when her personality really developed. She was originally based off me and what I thought I'd be like if I had a character on the TV show, but she has become a way better version of me from the things I've put her through. xD Her appearance is totally original, at least to me. She doesn't look like me/anyone I know or any of that (except for her eyes. Mine are blue too. ;D). Her name came from a show I was watching on Animal Planet one time called "King Of The Jungle" or something like that. It was like an Animal Planet version of Survivor, but the girl who got runner up's name was Aletris.

Seth: He makes his appearance in "I'm 16..." soon, so I won't give too much about him away. I'll keep it to this. He's based off this real jerk of a kid I used to go to school with, who thought he was all that because he was a basketball star and what not. He was so mean to me throughout the semester I had class with him, but by the end of the class, he actually grew on me (or I grew on him...?). Seth's appearance is based off him, too, save for hair and eye color. Oookay, that's all I'll get into for now.

Aletris and Seth are my two mains in the story. I don't think any of the other characters are important enough to discuss. Hehe. ;D
Old 06-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Lonliness Offline

Shadow: I made shadow like the SEGA made him and I made him like me Stubborn, sometimes quiet, thinks he can beat everyone (Thats me only sometimes). Shadow is my favorite character from SEGA so I figured I would make him after me.

Sonic: No comment

Pit: I made Pit a character that likes to help people. I made his personality like my best friend who moved somewhere so I can't talk to him anymore so I figured I would make Pit after him.

Cami: Ask Grassy Aggron

Silver: He's like mix of me and my best friend put together. He's out going like my best friend and somewhat stubborn like me. I made him impatient because I'm impatient in the real world most of the time.

Wolf: Not much to say, but he's kinda like my bro. Mean, tough, and so on.

Marth: After one of my friends. He likes to tell himself good things so he would be able to win something like a tournament (Which he lost in the fan fiction).

Link: No comment

Zelda/Shiek: I made her like one of these girls at my school. She acts as a leader and does what she can to stop people from getting on her nerves. She likes to tell people what to do, but kind hearted and will do anything to help her friends.

Mario and Luigi: No comment
Old 06-29-2008, 12:27 PM
pikachugirl2 Offline
Elite Trainer

Well i thought of some....

Ash:Basically has the same fighting spirit as Naruto, and about the smarts of spongebob squarepants and in a way (mostly the hair) looks like Sasuke. Basically modeled after Naruto, I guess.

Pikachu: Yeah right. He was modeled after no one because he's so AWESOME!!!!

Misty: Her brains are almost similar to Tenten's, and she loves the water, like spongebob squarepants. But basically her adittude is like Sakura's. However, when it comes to her secret about liking Ash, she acts basically like Hinata.

That's all I could think of so far.

An Ash Fangirl For LIFE!!! (Also the world's untimate Pikashipper)
Old 06-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Great idea, Scalec! ^_^

Team StormRiders:

Zanna: Zanna is mainly there to portray myself, as I would be if I were a Pokemon.
She has all of my characteristics, though she does have a rather more sarcastic side to her than I normally would. :P

Jarre: I just thought of him, really. I had no clue before the story.

Rye: I modeled him after one of those stereotypical silent type guys. I have to say that he worked out rather well.
I also added some elements of my own, such as my extensive vocabulary and a more formal way of speaking.
Did I forget to mention that he's very handsome? xP

Scythe: Well, I wanted someone evil, insane, but also still rather feminine. Scythe does that pretty well, I think. She doesn't have a base model.

Raze: I took Jarre's personality, and then kind of warped it a bit. Raze would be the exact double of Jarre if he was evil.

The others: I just thought of them really. I don't use models too often.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 06-29-2008, 12:51 PM
pikachugirl2 Offline
Elite Trainer

Max from pokemon somehow reminds me of wanda from fairly oddparents. He always has to be a know-it-all.

An Ash Fangirl For LIFE!!! (Also the world's untimate Pikashipper)
Old 06-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachugirl2 View Post
Max from pokemon somehow reminds me of wanda from fairly oddparents. He always has to be a know-it-all.
That really doesn't fit into the topic...

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 06-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Azurai Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Azurai Wolf

I thought about it, and I realized that even though I love the concept of Pokemon battles here in this world where Pokemon doesn't exist, if I were in the Pokemon world, I would probably be the one opposing those Pokemon battles and labeling them as cruel. Really contradicting views, but it's probably true. And from that I created Reylai's personality.
'Course, I might as well enjoy Pokemon battles while I'm in this world. :P
Old 06-30-2008, 02:07 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrell321 View Post
Shadow: I made shadow like the SEGA made him and I made him like me Stubborn, sometimes quiet, thinks he can beat everyone (Thats me only sometimes). Shadow is my favorite character from SEGA so I figured I would make him after me.
Shadow always thinks he can beat someone LOL. Or else he couldn't call himself "the ultimate lifeform"!

My Sonic envies yours...Because mine's gonna go insane! Fwee!

Help...Me...!