Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Lil MuDkiP849 Offline

Default Re: Please take a look at my team, im new here =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob Number One Fan View Post
Yeah I was agreeing you'd be able to beat resttalk machamp since you were talking about it being on the rise in your last post :P

Since Crobat doesn't do anyhting after the first three turns, I'd just replace that so you can put Gliscor in. Gliscor's set is pretty simple:

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -Satk)
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Ice Fang / Aerial Ace
- Taunt / Stealth Rock / Swords Dance / Knock Off / Aerial Ace / Ice Fang

The last slot is really funky. Anything works really. Knock Off is cool but isn't all that useful IMO. Swords Dance is cool because it makes it less of set-up bait for some other sweepers, just don't expect it to sweep teams (and btw different EVs are usually good if you use that). Taunt lets it annoy the crap out of things that literally try to set up on it and you can also stop those annoying Bronzong SR/Hypnosis leads. Stealth Rock is obviously a useful tool.

AA makes it a more reliable counter to Heracross while Ice Fang allows it to take on Garchomp okay. If you want to hit both you can forgo the support slot for the one you didn't put in the third slot.

Some people run speed EVs to outrun certain things like some Tyranitar. I'm not familiar with those spreads though so I can't provide them. I'd just check Smogon's EVs section on the Gliscor page and you can decide for yourself.
I'm really not too hot on copying smogon. It makes you predictable in some ways, but in most to none ways you end up using a set without even copying it =/ I know what set i want for Gliscor already with EQ/Roost/Ice Fang/Aerial Ace. I need a solid counter for hera/luke as well as hurting dragons. Roost has no argument here...

Also speaking of which, the bulkymence set aquilae gave me sort of does the same thing gliscor does...only more offensive. That could be an option too since that thing certainly got the job done. I know it wont take hits as good but i mean seriously dont i ALREADY have TONS of physical defense??

Right now swampert is absolutely murdering tyranitar...though im kind of having problems with focus sash azelf. Snorlax gets it down to 1 HP, but then i have to predict when it's going to explode or not...i think every team has this problem...no? =/

Last edited by Lil MuDkiP849; 07-06-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Spongebob Number One Fan Offline
Master Trainer

If it explodes then you countered it ^___^

Gliscor is more reliable defensively than Bulky Mence and it isn't SR or SS weak like Mence is.

Also two physical walls isn't really a ton of physical defense :P

Also Smogon just has standard sets. Especially with walls, predictability is not even important. Just because blisswey is predictable doesn't make it ineffective ;) Honestly unpredictability is overrated...

Anti: IN SPACE
Anti: NOBODY CAN HEAR YOU CRY
Dark Azelf: In my basement no one can hear you struggle
Old 07-07-2008, 03:19 AM
Lil MuDkiP849 Offline

Quote:
If it explodes then you countered it ^___^

Gliscor is more reliable defensively than Bulky Mence and it isn't SR or SS weak like Mence is.

Also two physical walls isn't really a ton of physical defense :P

Also Smogon just has standard sets. Especially with walls, predictability is not even important. Just because blisswey is predictable doesn't make it ineffective ;) Honestly unpredictability is overrated...
wellllll...i never really said i could get *crippled* by copying smogons sets and becoming predictable, i meant that i'd like to incorporate my own strategies that dont suck pretty much.

Hm, tangrowth already takes hits like a beast, so maybe i could make the gliscor...more offensive in a way?? Maybe i could even make him a baton passer. Either way, i get weavile weak defensively, well whatever, weavile is just like electivire in some ways...and from my experiences with electivire, that thing is like a big dead weight on any team.

Anyway...is there any way that gliscor can learn baton pass+agility?? More speed on my tanky team with an already tanky lead would be perfect for the team. I can see myself getting screwed by tauntdos leads though...would be friggin sweet though.

Also anti, the Restalk Hp ice growth is absolutely DOMINATING when it comes out. Sub dance chomp cant do anything to growth as it just HP ices, rests, and sleep talks, as well with any other dragon. (NOT including specsmence.) Swampert has to switch, other gliscor NEVER see the Hp ice coming, i cant beleive how BEASTLY the thing is. Tangrowth for Uber ;-)!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Master Trainer

I personally believe Luvdisc is a better pokemon than Electivire and I am not joking at all. I have battle logs to prove how much of a beast Luvdisc can be ^___^

I don't really think your team needs a BPer. I would just run SD over Ice Fang or Aerial Ace and it'll have plenty of firepower.

Also I don't know if you were implying this or not, but "Smogon's" strategies don't suck. They just post what is standard and most of what is standard works (yes that's a shot at fail Scarf Gar).

Old 07-08-2008, 06:17 AM
Lil MuDkiP849 Offline

Quote:
I personally believe Luvdisc is a better pokemon than Electivire and I am not joking at all. I have battle logs to prove how much of a beast Luvdisc can be ^___^

I don't really think your team needs a BPer. I would just run SD over Ice Fang or Aerial Ace and it'll have plenty of firepower.

Also I don't know if you were implying this or not, but "Smogon's" strategies don't suck. They just post what is standard and most of what is standard works (yes that's a shot at fail Scarf Gar).
nono i didnt say smogon sucks, i was saying i like to come up with my *own* strategies that aren't like n00bish basically. =P

So far on wifi gliscor has trouble with vaporeon...but snorlax usually walls it out eventually, body slam really hits hard and over time it gets para haxed.

Dragons tend to stay away from gliscor...they always switch out whenever i put it in...*shrug* Ill see how SD works, and uh, yea =)
Old 07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Master Trainer

Well you probably shouldn't be leaving Gliscor in on Vaporeon :P That's trouble waiting to happen ;)