Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Dragon_Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Darn Tree Huggers...

Note: I'm only mad at the ones on the atlantic coast of the U.S. All you other ones are fine by me.

OK, here's the deal. There's more oil in the Atlantic Coast of the USA than in Iraq. Drilling for it would make gas here less than $1.00. Why havn't we drilled there? Because Tree Huggers (No offense, I don't know how to spell enviro-what's-it) won't let us. People don't have enough money for groceries because they have to pay for gas, all because some tree huggers want to save the ocean life. There's a little-to-no chance that drilling will hurt the enviroment.

I admit, I may not know enough to argue on this subject. There may be a view I'm not looking from. I appologize if that's the case.

Discuss.

\-†††-/It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool,
then to open it, and remove all doubt.\-†††-/

Old 06-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Vengeance Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Darn Tree Huggers...

Well, because of our Democratic congress, we can't drill for any oil except in Texas. And, now, because of our congress, the Japanese are drilling in the Atlantic. -_-

♥unpaired. pm me.♥

My song is Don't Trust me - 3Oh!3 ♦ Previously known as Deoxy
Old 06-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxy View Post
Well, because of our Democratic congress, we can't drill for any oil except in Texas. And, now, because of our congress, the Japanese are drilling in the Atlantic. -_-
Why don't you just expand Texas all the way were the oil is, and the the problem is solved.

Gucci, Fendi, Prada purses, purchasing them finer things
Avatar by Tombi <3 Banner by Angela

Old 06-27-2008, 01:36 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master View Post
Note: I'm only mad at the ones on the atlantic coast of the U.S. All you other ones are fine by me.

OK, here's the deal. There's more oil in the Atlantic Coast of the USA than in Iraq. Drilling for it would make gas here less than $1.00. Why havn't we drilled there? Because Tree Huggers (No offense, I don't know how to spell enviro-what's-it) won't let us. People don't have enough money for groceries because they have to pay for gas, all because some tree huggers want to save the ocean life. There's a little-to-no chance that drilling will hurt the enviroment.

I admit, I may not know enough to argue on this subject. There may be a view I'm not looking from. I appologize if that's the case.

Discuss.
Because some of us think that killing wildlife is immoral?

Let me assure you, you'll be seeing gas around $2.50-$3 when Barack Obama gets into office. Half of the price of gas is just pure gauge anyways...
Old 06-27-2008, 01:55 AM
Snake Bite Offline
Elite Trainer

It is bad!!! Save the natural enviroment! Animals were here first, and I dont mind paying out the *** to give them their rights!
Edit- And if people dont like paying that much, find other sourses of energy. We know it is out there, but we dont use it. Why, because people dont like chanfge, they want to keep using a limited resourse.

Last edited by Snake Bite; 06-27-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:01 AM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT

Yes, those are my friends...

Drilling in the Atlantic sounds great if it brings down gas to normal levels. And if rust is right on the Obama thing, bring him in!

And I can't believe I'm saying this...but...Supergirl, that's a pretty good idea!

Old 06-27-2008, 02:12 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210 View Post

Yes, those are my friends...
I'm with those treehuggers.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:30 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

The real truth is that we need to get off oil and use alternative energy sources.

It costs about $50 to fill up on gas. An AK-47 only costs about $650. Do the math, and that adds up to only 13 people filling up to make that price.

I don't want another 9/11, or something potentially even worse than that...

Old 06-27-2008, 03:06 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
The real truth is that we need to get off oil and use alternative energy sources.

It costs about $50 to fill up on gas. An AK-47 only costs about $650. Do the math, and that adds up to only 13 people filling up to make that price.

I don't want another 9/11, or something potentially even worse than that...
In bold is the only real solution that you'll ever find to this problem. We've let minorities get too much power in this country, and now they won't let us search for what is basically the only practical fuel source available. Well if they won't let us drill, wouldn't it be better to find an alternative energy source rather than be dependant on foreign nations who hate us? Basically, I'm just saying either overrule the minorities, or put more effort into the research on alternative energy. We can't depend on the middle-east for much longer...

And $50 dollars to fill up, Neo? Where do you live? Because around where I live, the average person pays somewhere from $80-$90 for a full tank. o_0;

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 06-27-2008, 03:56 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

Gimme some alternative fuel, please. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigrainbow View Post
It is bad!!! Save the natural enviroment! Animals were here first, and I dont mind paying out the *** to give them their rights!
I don't like you, because that last comment is stupid. :\

Old 06-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvoke View Post
In bold is the only real solution that you'll ever find to this problem. We've let minorities get too much power in this country, and now they won't let us search for what is basically the only practical fuel source available. Well if they won't let us drill, wouldn't it be better to find an alternative energy source rather than be dependant on foreign nations who hate us? Basically, I'm just saying either overrule the minorities, or put more effort into the research on alternative energy. We can't depend on the middle-east for much longer...

And $50 dollars to fill up, Neo? Where do you live? Because around where I live, the average person pays somewhere from $80-$90 for a full tank. o_0;
Minorities? Are you inferring that Liberals in the nation are the minority? That's rather preposterous, seeing as how they're in control in Congress.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:29 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl View Post
Why don't you just expand Texas all the way were the oil is, and the the problem is solved.
Well I live in Alabama, so that'd make half of my state Texas. No thanks. D:

If Obama can't solve the issue, then I think that drilling in the ocean is a good final resort. Yeah, there's wildlife to worry about. I'm all for animal rights, don't get me wrong, but when I'm paying 4 dollars for gas something's going to have to change.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:29 AM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
Minorities? Are you inferring that Liberals in the nation are the minority? That's rather preposterous, seeing as how they're in control in Congress.
I think he means the old cliche of the select group of rich, old, white guys being in power.

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 06-27-2008, 05:33 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Do you realise how idiotic you are? Do you realise that without trees we'd all burn and die? Do you realise that trees are an extremely limited resource, so what, in Australia, we're paying about $1.75 for a litre of Unleaded Petroleum. Which is (At the last fill up) $90 and a bit. We suffer. But we're not stupid, the consequences of cutting down that many trees just to further your own gains is stupid, those trees take hundreds, thousands of years to grow. America can boast having the tallest tree in the world and the oldest, the tallest, General Sherman and the oldest, the Bristlecone Pine. It's selfish people like you that are the largest danger to our Earth, America could do so much by putting resources into Hybrid and electronic cars.

Now I'm no 'tree hugger' I'm a person with common sense. If you cut down the beautiful forests you fail to see just for oil, you'll never get it back, but that's a useless argument to put to people like you, because you honestly can't see the beauty you live in and would just cut it down.

I'd like to see a president in the USA who sees what most of the world are beginning to see, that there ARE other resources other than oil. Other resources that can save the planet and still give us the luxury that the human race has furthered.

What I've just ranted may seem brutal and people will start flaming me and tell me to go join PETA or something like that. But it's the harsh reality we'll have to face sooner or later. The only thing I wish for is that somehow, we can reverse the effects of Global Warming, which we probably can't, the damage is done. But it can get much worse. That's the problem.

There are alternatives, that's what people need to see. If we could all work together, we'd make a difference. Even if you just put a bucket in your shower and used that water to water the plants, there are so many little things. At least there are hybrid cars entering the industry... Except they're so damn expensive...

The Brood is growing!

Last edited by Stormdancer94; 06-27-2008 at 05:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:38 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
Well, I'm a slightly informed teen. Ignorance is bliss. :P

By the way, how does Obama plan to lower prices? I'm not saying he won't, but seeing as how I haven't followed his campaign, I just really want to know.

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."