Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Shun Goku Satsu Offline
Master Trainer

Default Levitating Regigigas

Yesterday i read something about Regigigas gaining the levitate ability in the new pokemon platinum. First i'd just like to confirm if this is true?

Also, if it is true, will it automatically bump regigigas into the uber tier?

And if it does, what affect do you see him having up there with the beasts that they are?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: Levitating Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shun Goku Satsu View Post
Yesterday i read something about Regigigas gaining the levitate ability in the new pokemon platinum. First i'd just like to confirm if this is true?

And if it does, what affect do you see him having up there with the beasts that they are?
If he gets Levitate, then he probably be Uber. The only reason he is down in BL is because of that ability. Plus he'll have a BST of over 600 which is like an auto Uber thing. I thought I read that somewhere.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 06-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Downhill Offline

Quote:

That's assuming he gets it.
I can't see Regigias, a behemoth with 160 Attack (tied for 3rd highest with Slaking,) 110 HP, 110 Defense and Spe/Defense, average SpeAttack, and 100 Speed get Levitate.

I guess taking Slow Start away and giving him something like Traunt perhaps or no ability would be nice, but giving it all of the above and an immunity to EQ isn't a good idea.

Even then, I'd be assuming that the New Form would have different stats, so maybe not.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:10 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhill View Post
That's assuming he gets it.
I can't see Regigias, a behemoth with 160 Attack (tied for 3rd highest with Slaking,) 110 HP, 110 Defense and Spe/Defense, average SpeAttack, and 100 Speed get Levitate.

I guess taking Slow Start away and giving him something like Traunt perhaps or no ability would be nice, but giving it all of the above and an immunity to EQ isn't a good idea.

Even then, I'd be assuming that the New Form would have different stats, so maybe not.
They'll probably change the base stats, but if they don't make it as good as Mewtwo, they must die.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 06-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Yuki Nagato Offline

Quote:
9% percent chance true.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Cannot answer.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

I doubt he'll get levitate. They've already made shaymin fly, they wont do the same with regi's form. But it will get something different, and if they do make it levitate they will down-power it significantly.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Shun Goku Satsu Offline
Master Trainer

"""Also, fans will notice a few alterations in Gym leaders and Pokemon placement. For example, Volkner will no longer be the Gym leader of Sunyshore City, Giratina and Regigigas will get new forms which will allow them to get the Levitate ability, Shaymin will be at least partially Ice Type with its Another form, and a few new other forms will be introduced (Giratina - Origin Form, Regigigas - Sky Form). """

That's a quote from the first page that google finds when you type pokemon platinum into the search bar.

Personally i think Regigigas wont have his stats decreased. I think he was intended to be a beast like mewtwo or rayquaza and his ability was simply to make him a little harder to use but it ended up destroying all the potential he had.

This is the only reference ive found that states shaymin will become part ice type so i'm not sure how much we can trust this source.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:

Can't claim if its absolutely correct, but it might get it because I think Game Freak meant to make a beast out of it, but its ability just doesn't let it become one, so if it gets it, it'll pretty much become an Uber, plus, I'm 99% sure that if it does get its ability changed, its base stats will be increased/decreased automatically (Changed just like they change in Deoxy's different forms), because otherwise, only changing ability does not make much sense, something has to be done in order to get it changed, something like, changing forms for instance. If I knew what base stats it would get, only then I'd be able to tell an effects it would have on its power compared to the other beasts.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Kongo Offline
Experienced Trainer

Why change Regigigas?
It makes no sence to change his form...

(So many Pokemon...only 6 in a team...)
Pokemon Farmer.
Breeder of Egg moves and also host the Pokemon Chickenpox Sleepover (For helping those poke's catch the one off Pokerus, helping them in later adult life).
Old 06-27-2008, 03:47 AM
WigglytuffClub Offline
New Trainer

It should happen. Regigigas was meant to be tough and hard to get. Slow Start didn't do it justice, and Nintendo knows that. Levitate should be just what it needs.

PM me if you want to trade for a legit Jirachi!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:47 AM
KAMAFLARGE Offline

That regigigas thing I've got an awesome idea

First make it a double battle
send out Medicham and Deoxys defence forme with skill swap

Skill swap with meditite and let it die
Send out RegiG
Skill swap Pure power back to RegiG for an INSANE ovr 1000 atk stat and STABed Giga impacts

btw you can use this with deoxys attack forme or anyone
Old 06-27-2008, 05:58 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Regigigas's stats will change. There is no way that Gamefreak would let it keeps its old stats and give it Levitate, because there is then literally no point to the original form existing in the first place. :\

Personally, I think it will either be

Extremely fast with rather average stats everywhere else (Deoxys-S), or extremely defensive like the rest of the Regis.

Hi

Old 06-27-2008, 07:18 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Regigigas's stats will change. There is no way that Gamefreak would let it keeps its old stats and give it Levitate, because there is then literally no point to the original form existing in the first place. :\

Personally, I think it will either be

Extremely fast with rather average stats everywhere else (Deoxys-S), or extremely defensive like the rest of the Regis.
I don't think he'll be really fast, but rather faster. His Attack and probably just one Defensive stat and to suit that, and maybe HP will drop to 414 maximum to give off the Uber vibe that most of them do (they all have over 400 HP barring Deoxys variants and Palkia)...

But, I really only say that because a "physical Mewtwo" would make the Uber metagame very intriguing to play on in Platinum. I mean, if you think about it, tweaking his stats a little and lowering Defenses for Speed and possibly Special Attack and a lack of Slow Start would make sense...Besides, more or less, it would be pretty badass. Regigigas doesn't look too bad compared to a lot of 4th generation additions...But, in general, Ubers have looked really awesome this generation; especially Palkia, Dialga, and the new Giratina. That's just my personal thing for cool-looking Pokemon, though. I have a Garchomp I used to rely on that's hardly ever been thwarted, but it's so ugly that I took him off and used Heracross instead because Heracross is a Poke-god in my eyes.

My Battle Log

Last edited by -Holland-; 06-27-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:24 PM
SBoMb Offline
Experienced Trainer

If that information is true...I think that Regigigas would definitly be bumped into the uber tier...but...i cannot picture regigigas (a very heavy pokemon)...with a levitate ability..but...i guess we are just going to have to see what will happen
Old 07-02-2008, 01:32 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBoMb View Post
If that information is true...I think that Regigigas would definitly be bumped into the uber tier...but...i cannot picture regigigas (a very heavy pokemon)...with a levitate ability..but...i guess we are just going to have to see what will happen
He'll probably change forms from Platinum to D/P, so he won't look so heavy. Maybe he'll have wings...>_>

My Battle Log