Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector
Default [WAR VII] Penning An Epic – The Prologue

I dunno how good this is, but I'm hoping it'll work.

PROLOGUE
THE SCRIBE

My name is Nahul.

The night was thick with the loud buzzing of millions of whispered voices. The sky above was pitch black, devoid of both moon and star. There were no clouds, just pure, evil black. The land below, once a thriving city of thousands of people and Pokémon alike, was now a barren wasteland, heavy with the stench of decay. The wind that whipped through the night was icy cold, and brought with it the smell of oncoming battle.

They all call me the Scribe.

Right in the centre of the many Pokémon that stood in a circle was a small, two-legged figure. He stood atop a rock, looking out at the vast plains before him. In his hand he held a small red book, bound by thick leather, and weather-beaten, as if it had lived forever. In his other hand he held a long, feathered quill, which he twirled between the slender digits on his hand. He was a Treeko. He may not have seemed like much, but the Pokémon that circled him were gazing at him in awe.

It is my job to note down the epics.

His elliptical tail swished back and forth impatiently, as he continued to survey the desolate landscape before him. His small hands clenched tightly around the book and quill, his eyes narrowed down to slits. Around him, the other Pokémon waited in anticipation, hardly daring to breathe. Some were looking up at his small form, others following his gaze out to the dead prairie. But not one of them showed any signs of boredom at all.

And one year ago, I sensed an epic coming.

And then, all of a sudden, from far out on the horizon rose hundreds upon thousands of torches, each casting a warm, yellow glow over the dead ground below. Nahul’s features changed slightly, his calm face suddenly hardening into a visage of pure hatred. His tail stopped moving, and hung motionlessly in mid air, tensed by the numerous muscles that made it work. The Treeko’s eyes opened up to normal size.

No one believed me.

As the army closed in upon the large circle of Pokémon, Nahul opened his Red Book Of Epics. From the outside it did not seem very thick, but once opened it was obvious that the book contained more pages than all the books in the world put together. Nahul’s slender fingers turned the pages over in thick wads, until finally he reached the first blank page. Each page was made out of the same, yellowy parchment, and seemed to be millions of years old.

And now, they will pay with their lives.

Taking one last look at the advancing forces, Nahul looked down, dipped the quill into a bottle of ink tied around his waist by a piece of dirty brown cloth, and began to write.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^

Last edited by Deathspector; 06-19-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:44 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default Re: [WAR VII] Penning An Epic – The Prologue

Wow...

This was.... Amazing.

Seriously, Deathspector, this was top-notch.

:]

I would definitely read this if it were converted into an actual story, and that is saying a lot since I never read stories on PE2K unless I am required to.

BRYCExKAT