Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:58 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default [PMD] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon I: Rescuers of Land and Sea

Hello! I'm planning on writing a series of stories about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, so sit tight, and read this one!

This first story is about a Meowth named Keitaro who claims he was a human before he became a Pokemon, like in the games. He wakes up to meet a Cubone named Cunnawabum, or Cunna for short, who wakes him up. They eventually, after doing their first rescue, form a rescue team in a Pokemon community like that in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team. Enjoy the story of Keitaro and Cunna as their journey begins.

Quote:
Chapter One: Butterfree

The power of nature has affected Pokemon and humans in various ways. In some ways, dramatically. In others, it is a way in which many cannot describe. Some Pokemon run into humans, and are caught, defeated for experience, cared for, treated as pets, or our partners in life. But others live alone in their own territory, caring for themselves. And, there are some Pokemon that form communities to help each other.

Land. An amazing thing that allows humans and many Pokemon to live by providing a solid structure to sleep on, eat on, and many other convenient features that many take for granted. But, alongside the ocean, it creates Earth; our world. There are many rare Pokemon on this planet that have mysterious abilities. Some are said to create life, control bodily thoughts, or maybe even create one of the Seven Elements to Life. Those seven elements are: Time, Space, Location, Land, Sea, Air, and Love. Some say that there is an Eighth Element known as Peace. But, no one has seen it for a very long time. No one, that is, except two mysterious Pokemon who remain secret to this day.

How are Pokemon brought onto this Earth, many ask. Well, most are born. Some are just here, and are too old to remember how they were put here. But some are put here by a curse. And that is where our story begins…

A white-furred, slim body was laying on the ground in a luscious green meadow, which was surrounded by beautiful, flexible green sticks with petals on them. The body was asleep on the ground, sleeping like a baby with a pacifier in its mouth on a moderate day. As it rolled over from time to time, its long whiskers got tangled in the tall grass. It was peaceful, not moving much. It held on to its curly tail, as if it was a mother and its baby, walking in the park on a sunny day. It also had a coin on its head that seemed to glimmer in the sunshine, showing the glow of gold.

After a time, it felt a bump on its head by a very hard material that felt rather cold. Another bump. And another.

“Hey! Are you OK?” a Pokemon’s voice said. Opening its eyes slowly, the body looked to see a brown Pokemon with a cow skull on its head, hiding its face. Its short, stubby arm was carrying a long, rounded bone. “Look who’s up?” it cheered.

“Uh…” the body said. “Where am I? Who are you?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah. My name’s Cubone! Uh… I saw you laying around… and I didn’t know if you were OK…” the Pokemon said. “Who are you?” The body thought about it for a minute, and looked confused.

“Wait a minute… Why am I talking to a Pokemon? I’m a human, humans can’t talk to… Huh?” the body said. While the body was talking, he leaned his head on his hand, and noticed he had three circular fingers as his hand. Suddenly, he started to freak out.

“Human? You seem like a normal Meowth to me. Is this some sort of joke?” Cubone asked, disappointed. The so-called Meowth shook his head.

“I swear, I was a human at a time… But why can’t I remember anything?” the Meowth asked himself, sniffling. He was very upset, and couldn’t hold on. He couldn’t believe it. He had no memory of anything, and he didn’t know what to do.

“Well…do you remember your name?” Cubone asked. A light turned on in Meowth’s circular head.

“I remember that! My name is… Keitaro, I believe…” the Meowth replied, thinking so hard, it seemed to look like it hurt. Overjoyed, Cubone held out his hand.

“It a pleasure, Keitaro. Some know me as Cunnawabum, or Cunna. I live in a Marowak Tribe. My family named me after a star Pokemon whose name meant ‘One Who Looks At The Stars’.” Cubone replied. “Or, if you wish, you can call me Cubone. It doesn’t matter.” Meowth held out his hand, and grabbed onto the tiny hand. He shook it up and down in a friendly motion, and put his hand to his side.

“So, where am I?” Keitaro asked politely. Cubone settled down, and nodded.

“We are in a sacred place known as the Flower Grove. Pokemon pay their respects here to a legendary Pokemon who saved this area. She was an ancient Pokemon, so we assumed she died. But this field was once a barren wasteland, and there was not a single drop of water. But this Pokemon changed all that, and made this place a paradise,” Cunna replied. Keitaro smiled.

“So, what are you going to do, Mr. Human? Where are you going to go?” Cunna asked. As he asked this question, a breathless insect Pokemon with white wings, purple head and torso, blue, stubby legs, claws attached to the torso, and antennae flew up to Cunna and Keitaro, and collapsed to the ground. Cunna, in shock, tried to help the Pokemon up. A couple seconds later, Keitaro, also shocked, helped. After getting her up, her sitting down, she sighed.

“Are you OK, Butterfree?” Cunna asked. The Pokemon sighed.

“Yeah, except only my friend Beautifly has gotten lost in the Sacred Forest deeper in the grove, and I can’t fly any further…” Butterfly answered, sighing again. Cunna looked around, and spotted a small tree with big, circular, ripe blue fruit hanging on it. Cunna ran up to it, and picked one of them off one of the branches, ran back to Butterfree, and put it on her stubby legs.

“You should eat this Oran Berry; you’ll feel better,” Cunna told her. Keitaro could not tell whether Cunna was serious or slightly joyful. His cow skull covered his face, and he couldn’t really tell his emotions easily.

“Cunna, can I ask a quick question?” Keitaro asked. Cunna looked at Keitaro with full attention. “Why do you have a cow skull on your head?” Cunna jumped, mumbled to himself, and turned away to Butterfree.

“It is… none of your concern,” Cubone replied indignantly. Keitaro nodded, and went up to Butterfree.

“Is there anything else we can do?” Keitaro asked. Butterfree, after taking her first bite, looked up to Keitaro, and stared for a bit.

“Do you know any rescue teams that are close by? Beautifly must be rescued, and soon!” Butterfree said, nodding. Keitaro looked at Cunna, and he looked back, locked in eye contact. Cunna nodded. Keitaro cleared his throat.

“What if we saved Beautifly while you rest here?” Keitaro asked. Butterfree’s eyes shined, she smiled, and got a sudden burst of energy.

“Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! Please save my friend!” Butterfree said, attempting to get up. She fell right back down, groaning in pain.

“Don’t get up just yet; you’ve come a long way from town. Eat that berry, and we’ll be back before you know it, OK?” Cunna told her. Butterfree sighed, and nodded. Cunna and Keitaro nodded at each other, and ran through the tall, grassy field. Eventually, after covering a fair amount of land, they slowed down, and stopped at the forest entrance, panting. After eating some of the berries the trees there had to offer, Keitaro and Cunna were ready to proceed.

“Uh… it looks mighty scary in there…” Cunna said, in a fidgety manner. He was shaking, and then he shook the fear out of him as if it was water on the cow skull on his head. “There’s no time for fear. We must be brave. Are you ready, Keitaro?” Keitaro nodded, smiled, and they both entered the forest quietly, looking out for a sight, a sound; anything spotting Beautifly. They were determined, and that’s what began their journey…
Old 06-14-2008, 02:59 AM

Default Re: [PMD] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon I: Rescuers of Land and Sea

CHAPTERS:

Chapter One: Butterfree
Chapter Two: Shaymin
Chapter Three: The Island
Chapter Four: Chief Marowak's Rescue Tribe!

DUNGEONS AND PLACES:

Place - Type of Place w/ Floor - First Appearance

Flower Grove - Field - Chapter One
Sacred Forest - 2 Floors - Chapter One
Purity Lake - Special Dungeon: 2 Floors - Chapter Three
PokeVilliage - Town - Chapter Four

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 06-19-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:42 PM

Here's the second chapter; Shaymin!

Quote:
“I can’t see a thing!” Cunna screeched. After several hours of searching in the dark, they finally got to an area where they could see nothing but darkness. “I’m tired of it… Maybe we should just head back and find a real rescue team who could solve this!”

“Don’t give up. Just keep moving.” Keitaro tried to comfort him. Cunna wouldn’t listen.

“Neither of us have night vision, you know,” Cunna replied.

“Oh, you wish to see?” a very soft, sweet voice replied. All of a sudden, a green light glowed upon them to reveal a white, stubby-legged Pokemon with a bush on its back. In the center of the pink flower in the bush were green anthers that glistened in the dark. Tall, dark trees surrounded them in this area. It seemed menacing to go on, but it seemed better in the light.

“There’s no time to lose if you want to find your friend. Come with me,” the Pokemon replied. Keitaro and Cunna looked at the hedgehog-like Pokemon strangely. They’ve never seen a Pokemon like this one. When they were just starting to move, the Pokemon stopped.

“I see. Never seen a Pokemon like me, eh?” the Pokemon replied. The Pokemon turned around with a smile, and nodded. “My name is Shaymin. I am the Lord of this forest, and the grove. I am the reason for its birth.” Cunna and Keitaro looked shocked. The Pokemon giggled.

“It’s quite alright. I know you guys have been talking about me, and that you need to save someone. But to do that, we must hurry to a lake deep inside the forest, before another legendary being gets to her,” Shaymin insisted. Keitaro and Cunna nodded, and Shaymin turned around, pointing ahead. “Shall we, then?”

It was not long before they reached light again. When they saw sunlight again, they were stepping on light green grass again, and were to the side of a magnificent lake. In the center of this lake was a giant waterfall, but seemed to be going upwards.

“Don’t tell me that waterfall is…” Keitaro began. Shaymin nodded, and the light on her anthers dimmed and disappeared.

“This is the only waterfall in the world where water travels upwards instead of downwards all of the time, non-stop. But unfortunately…” Shaymin stopped, and sighed. She turned around to look at Keitaro and Cunna. She looked very gloomy.

“Unfortunately… time is starting to be damaged. My dear friend Celebi, another legendary Pokemon like myself, is working on it, but she can’t seem to patch it up. She’s been trying to summon up the bravery to go visit her counterpart, Dialga, who is much stronger than her, to team up and save time, but… Well, that’s a long story. But, I have something else for you to do for me,” Shaymin explained, and looked back at the waterfall.

“You see, time isn’t the only thing in danger. This legendary being that is holding your friend is very scared. Water is starting to disappear out of nowhere. And without water, there is no life. She wants someone to talk the sense out of her own counterpart, Kyogre, but no one has been able to get through his cave where Pokemon have gone missing because of the boobie-traps there. Even the legendary Pokemon have tried. The ones that tried teleported back, claiming they did so right before they were about to die.” Shaymin sighed. She smiled lightly, and looked back to Keitaro and Cunna.

”I need someone or some Pokemon who can figure out this mystery. There are some Pokemon who remain remote in their area that know much wisdom, but remain hidden, like Kyogre. We believe there is one Pokemon that knows the way… And that is the Prince of the Sea,” Shaymin replied. Keitaro scratched his head.

“I get it and all, but… What can we do about it? What can we do that no other can? Why us?” Keitaro asked. Cunna’s eyes blew right open.

“You actually understand all of this? I couldn’t get it…” Cunna screeched, sighing. Keitaro looked at Cunna, and nodded.

“Hard to believe, yes… But it makes sense,” Keitaro said, nodding, turning back to Shaymin. “Can you explain more?”

“Of course. Lord Suicune, the lord of a certain land that can be accessed by this waterfall, has just recently gained the ability to se the future with water, and she sees a golden warrior. She is old, like I am, but…” Shaymin answered. “But we have to believe her.” Keitaro nodded. Cunna looked confused. He thought it over, and nodded. Shaymin nodded, and pointed her left front leg at the waterfall.

“We must walk into that waterfall. It’s fine, believe me; it may seem violent from afar, but its not once you walk into it. Now, hop on my back,” Shaymin ordered. There wasn’t much room, because Shaymin wasn’t a whole lot bigger than Keitaro or Cunna, but they managed.

Struggling, Shaymin started to walk towards the pure, sapphire water. Once she got close enough, she jumped with all her might. Keitaro and Cunna screamed and closed their eyes. Once they came to a sudden, light stop, Keitaro and Cunna opened their eyes. Shaymin was standing on top of the water!

“There’s no time to lose looking at the water. I’m going up to the waterfall. Once I step in, promise me you will hold on to me,” Shaymin said, as she continued to walk towards the vigorous waterfall in the center of the lake that was only a few feet away. Keitaro nodded.

“But why?” Cunna asked.

“Just do what I say!” Shaymin yelled, as she stepped into the waterfall with them on her back. As they were falling up the waterfall, as if they were being sucked up a straw, they held onto Shaymin with all the force their little bodies could exert.

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 06-15-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:58 PM

Chapter three is named "The Island".

Quote:
“Uhn… Ugh…” groaned Keitaro. He seemed to be laying on something wet. After struggling to get up, he looked down. He was stepping on water, too!

Suddenly, he heard a strange noise. As he heard this, a shadow appeared, giving an eclipse to a yellow sun turning red. As this was happening, the water he was stepping on was starting to disappear in dark, purple light.

“Don’t interfere…” a dark voice exclaimed. Keitaro gasped as the red sun became darkness, and when the shadow disappeared, all of the water did, too. Keitaro started to fall, and finally fell to the ground. When he woke up, Shaymin and Cunna were at his side.

“What happened… why did the sun change… and who was that shadow…?” Keitaro asked, mumbling. Shaymin frowned in certainty, and looked at the sun. She mumbled to herself, and helped Keitaro up.

“You just had a very terrible nightmare,” Shaymin replied. “I know a dear friend that could have helped in a dreadful situation… But you learned too much in that dream. You can’t know that much about time and space.”

“But nothing in the dream was about time or space…” Keitaro said, dizzy from waking up. Shaymin shook her head.

“I have to erase your memory if you are to save land and water. That is your destiny; not time and space!” Shaymin yelled. From behind, Cunna whacked Shaymin upside the head, and Shaymin fainted. Keitaro was astounded.

“What did you just do?” Keitaro yelled. Cunna pushed Shaymin towards the water.

“I saved your life,” Cunna replied. “Where are we?” Cunna and Keitaro looked around the land. They were standing on rich, dark green patches grass that were of perfect health. In the center of this island in the sky was a small pond where the waterfall’s passengers ended up. Surrounding this pond was a small area of sand. As they looked North of the isle, they saw another pond with a stone in the middle. On that stone emanated a crystalline light that shined. Above the island was an elegant rainbow. That light seemed to guard the isle.

“Let’s go see this light.” Keitaro said, moving ahead. Cunna was nervous.

“Are you sure?” Cunna asked. Keitaro turned around, and nodded. Cunna started to follow. A few seconds later, they were in the midst of the light. It was very bright and elegant. A gentle pulse came from the light, and moved the water gently.

“O chosen ones, I bestow upon thee my wisdom and gratitude for arriving where I, Lord Suicune, reside. What do you wish to know?” the light said, dimming. As the light dimmed, a blue horse-like Pokemon with a purple cloud on its back and a crystal-shaped horn on its head with a hexagon hole in the middle revealed itself to Keitaro and Cunna.

“Chosen ones?” Cunna asked. The Pokemon nodded.

“I have seen the future. I have seen a golden warrior and a sidekick with a weapon mourning the dead come and solve the mystery of the disappearing water,” Suicune replied gently.

“Aye.” said a familiar voice from behind. Keitaro and Cunna turned around. It was Shaymin and Beautifly from behind.

“Ah, Shaymin. You join us. Please, relax your tensions against these two. I know that they dealt you harm, and even though they are destined to save land and sea and not time and space, but all four of them are deeply connected. As all of us are,” Suicune replied. Shaymin frowned for a little bit, and nodded.

“Sorry for my actions back there. It was not right,” Shaymin apologized sincerely. She looked very disappointed.

“It is fine, Shaymin. We have all done wrong before, even I,” Suicune replied. “Now, with the pressing matter. Keitaro and Cunna. You will be tested to your limits. You must save not only the land and sea… But the entire world,” Suicune replied. Keitaro and Cunna were shocked. They couldn’t believe that they could receive that big of a responsibility.

“I know the burden seems menacing, but it is possible, in time. There are two goals I would like you to achieve. One is to save the world from the water disappearing. The second will reveal itself in time, by another powerful being that can sense the far future. He is not legendary, like I, but he will reveal himself in time,” Suicune replied. A few second later, she turned around and looked at the rainbow.

“Do not tell anyone of what you’ve seen, you three. Keitaro, Cunna, and Beautifly… I am sending yet another legendary Pokemon to fly you down. Shaymin will go with you to send you off,” Suicune told the five. As everyone looked at the rainbow, they saw a golden shimmer. As they continued to see, they saw a golden bird flapping its wings, and eventually getting bigger and bigger as it got closer. Eventually, it landed on the isle, behind everyone. Suicune jumped off of the stone in the pond, and gracefully onto the green grass in front of the giant bird. A few seconds later, white ribbon-like body parts extended from the purple cloud on its back.

“Lord Ho-oh, I ask you a favor. Please take these five towards the entrance of the forest so they do not get lost, and can return to their respective homes peacefully,” Suicune requested.

“As you wish, Lord Suicune. It would be my pleasure,” the giant bird replied. It was a very detailed creature. It was a red bird with green and white feathers, and a white underbelly. It had golden claws, and a golden beak.

“Umm… Lord Ho-oh… I hope you don’t mind me asking… why do you turn gold when you fly?” Cunna asked. The giant bird smiled.

“Ah. It is just a gift of nature, my child. Now, off we go; get on,” Ho-oh said politely. Keitaro, Cunna, Shaymin, and Beautifly got on Ho-oh, and held on tight.

“Goodbye, Suicune. I’ll visit you another day,” Shaymin said, shutting her eyes respectfully. Suicune jumped back to her rock.

“I hope you all return to visit this old Pokemon one day,” Suicune answered back cheerfully. Ho-oh spread its wings, and like magic, they Ho-oh’s body emanated a golden light, and his wings flapped up and down, up and down. They eventually took off in the air, and were drifting further and further away from the island in the sky. In the last glimpse of Suicune, they could see her swallowed up in her crystalline light once more, and disappeared.

“Ho-oh, may I ask you a question?” Beautifly asked.

“It would be best if we held all questions until the end of the flight so I can concentrate, please,” Ho-oh replied respectfully. Beautifly cheered and smiled.

It wasn’t long before they reached the meadow in which Keitaro and Cunna met. As Ho-oh landed, the golden light that surrounded it disappeared.

“Do take care you four. I’m sorry I cannot answer any questions now, Beautifly, but we will meet again, I promise,” Ho-oh said. Beautifly sighed.

“Oh well. This entire experience was so fun, I’m all wore out…” Beautifly replied. She turned around and saw a familiar face hover up to her. “Butterfree!”

Indeed, Butterfree was there, and was fully recovered. She wasn’t exactly surprised to see Ho-oh.

“Look! Ho-oh rode us down here from a giant island in the sky! You’ve got to believe me!” Beautifly screeched, overjoyed. Butterfree smiled.

“Of course I believe you. After all, I saw Ho-oh when I was a little Metapod, awaiting to hatch into a Butterfree,” Butterfree replied. Beautifly, Cunna, and Keitaro were shocked. Shaymin and Ho-oh smiled and looked at each other.

“One day, I was giving up. I almost committed suicide, almost jumping down a treacherous waterfall. I took longer than most Metapod did to hatch. Most hatched in three weeks. I was a Metapod for months. I was just about to jump off. Then, I saw Ho-oh. He was a magnificent creature in the sky, flying around a rainbow. It was a sight I never saw before. It inspired me to keep living, and keep waiting. I believed. A few seconds later, before I knew it, I hatched. I became a Butterfree, something I always wanted. I could fly, be free, and not have to use all of my energy to hop or crawl everywhere like I did when I was a Caterpie or Metapod. My life was saved thanks to Ho-oh’s inspiration,” Butterfree said. He story amazed the three, and honored Ho-oh.

“I am glad to have save your life, Butterfree. Upon all five of you, I bestow a gift. In this meadow lies untold, fabulous treasure. I will let you know that it is right here, under our feet,” Ho-oh replied. Keitaro and Cunna cheered. They were going to be rich!

“But. There is one thing. Cunnawabum, I would like you to share this with the rest of the Marrowak tribe. There is enough for each and every one of you. Take care,” Ho-oh commanded, spread its wings, and set of in the midst of a golden light.

“Well, that settles that. Let’s start digging!” Cunna said, raising his bone high in the air. Everyone cheered, and got to digging.

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 06-19-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:07 PM
scalec Offline

Good description, one spelling mistake, and above all, beautifully written.
But in the first chapter, where the Meowth asks about Cubones skull, you might not want to say cow skull. It isn't exactly that. But whatever.
And, this may just be me, but I think the story's going a bit fast.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec View Post
Good description, one spelling mistake, and above all, beautifully written.
But in the first chapter, where the Meowth asks about Cubones skull, you might not want to say cow skull. It isn't exactly that. But whatever.
And, this may just be me, but I think the story's going a bit fast.
Thank you. ^^

Bolded part: Yeah, but if I slow it down, it will be too slow... and that's the beauty of it all, the experience...

The beginning is supposed to be a bit fast, but it'll slow down a bit, hopefully. ^^

The thing is, humans don't eat Pokemon, and Pokemon don't eat Pokemon. Well, the carnivorous Pokemon have to eat something that lives, right?

I hope this fanfiction becomes more popular... =]

.::GD::.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:00 PM
DiZ Offline

It's pretty good, Geoffrey.

I can't really find that mistake, but the story sounds rather unique...

And yes; I do hope it slows down.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:39 PM

Thank you, DiZ. ^^

Anyway, chapter four is titled, "Chief Marowak's Rescue Tribe"!

Quote:
“You’ve done it again, Cunnawabum!” the Chief Marowak said. The Chief Marowak was a taller version of Cubone, except with a bigger bone, and a larger, sleeker cow skull, also covering its face. Behind him were Cunna and Keitaro, both very proud to have brought happiness to the town. They were walking to town with Butterfree and Beautifly, while other Cubone and Marowak were helping carrying the hoards of treasure chests.

“I’m sorry sir, but ‘again’?” Keitaro asked. The Chief Marowak turned around, and nodded.

“Cunnawabum has proved to be an explorer versus a rescuer. Around here, there are rescue teams and exploration teams. We don’t get many exploration teams around here… And I’m rather glad, because the ones we have met weren’t very well-behaved,” Marowak replied. Keitaro looked confused. He never heard of a rescue team nor an exploration team before.

“You look confused, Keitaro. Ah! Since you were once human, you probably don’t know what a rescue team nor an exploration team are!” Cunna replied. Chief Marowak turned around once more. There was silence for a while, and he dropped his bone, which fell to the ground.

“You’re… human? But you seem like a normal Meowth to me!” Chief Marowak replied. Cunna nodded.

“Shocking, indeed. But Keitaro claimed he was a human when I met him,” Cunna answered. Chief Marowak was very solemn from there on. He picked up his bone, and cleared his throat.

“Well… I see. Keitaro… This may be shocking… But I’ve never heard of humans turning into Pokemon… But I know someone who might,” Chief Marowak replied, turning around, looking at the extravagant sunset. It was like a palette of many yellows, oranges, and reds harmoniously blended together.

“Beautiful… breathtaking,” Keitaro said. Chief Marowak turned, and nodded.

“Yes. It is, indeed, beautiful. It’s too bad the greatest things of life are taken too much for granted. It may have been given to us every day, since we were born, but who says we’ll see the sun tomorrow?” Marowak asked. Neither Keitaro nor Cunna could give a proper answer. It really was a difficult question.

“This Pokemon who may know the answer only takes Pokemon with emergencies, or Pokemon Rescue Teams with the rank of Silver. I don’t know about Exploration Teams, hover,” Chief Marowak continued. Keitaro nodded.

“How do we form a rescue team? What are rescue teams about? What’s the difference between rescue teams and exploration teams?” Keitaro asked. Chief Marowak laughed.

“Well, the answer lies in their names! Rescue Teams rescue Pokemon, and Exploration Teams explore. They go to faraway lands, carrying out their work. Some go to places beautiful or unheard of,” Chief Marowak answered with glee. “Each rescue team belongs to a tribe or guild. The head of that tribe or guild would be the Chief or Guildmaster.”

“So… are you the Chief of a tribe?” Keitaro asked. Chief Marowak nodded.

“The one and only!” Chief Marowak replied. “All rescue teams are made through me.” Cunna looked at Keitaro with a solemn look. Staring at him, he then looked to his sire, pointing his bone in the air.

“Dad! I would like to make a rescue team with Keitaro!” Cunna announced. Chief Marowak turned to look at Cunna, then back at Keitaro. He nodded, and motioned them over to the site were they lived.

It was almost like a wasteland, except livelier. Tents in the shape of cones surrounded the area with a big, Marowak head-shaped building lay in the middle. Each tent had a different mark on it, hinting as to what the head of the tent’s family looked like.

“Inside each tent are four beds, made of hay, a chest to store things in, and some complimentary wood for you to burn at night when it gets cold. You will have to fetch your own the next day after using up your own,” Chief Marowak began telling Keitaro. Keitaro looked at Cunna with a depressed look of dissatisfaction.

“Not to worry, Keitaro! There are tons of firewood that grows in the Plasma Forest. Some people even leave firewood there on accident. No one knows why, though,” Cunna said, which comforted Keitaro slightly. But he was wondering why Pokemon leave their firewood there.

“Which will be your first assignment as a rescue team! I need you guys to find out the mystery of Plasma Forest. Because, if they’re leaving their firewood there, they’ve probably been kidnapped. But we’re only assuming this. I believe you guys are at a high enough level to handle this,” Marowak explained as they entered the village. Keitaro saw many different tents set up with Pokemon behind counters. It was rather amazing. It was like a shopping center inside of a wide desert!

“On our left are the world-famous Kecleon Brothers. They travel the world, selling their wares. Rumor has it that there is more than one pair of Kecleon Brothers. After all, they did move here two years ago, after my dad got elected Chief of the PokeVillage,” Cunna told Keitaro. Cunna was pointing his bone to a tent that had the shape of a green, frilled Kecleon, and two Pokemon that looked exactly like it. However, one of the Pokemon was purple and not green.

“Over there is the Blissey and Happiny Day Care Center. They take care of your eggs until they hatch. After that, they look for you, and hand you the Pokemon that hatched! They say they do this service for free because Blissey did a crime when she was a Chansey…” Cunna said, pointing his bone to the right, showing a small, sepia-colored tent with a huge, pink, frilled Pokemon with an egg in its pouch standing in front of it behind a small counter. Then, attempting to change the subject, Chief Marowak cleared his throat.

“Moving on, the center of this village is my building. It holds all of my workers, my office, and the daily jobs are posted right in front of the door,” said Chief Marowak, pointing ahead. In front of the giant Marowak-shaped building, sure enough, were two wooden bulletin boards, each filled with papers showing daily jobs. Then, he turned in front of Cunna and Keitaro, and nodded.

“Now, I believe it is time to register your team. Follow me; you’ll have time to look around the town later on your own,” Marowak announced, walking into the building. Once they got in, they looked to their left to see a wing with a lot of gold, silver, and bronze trophies. Keitaro glanced at its beauty, as they sparkled in the light. Then, he came back to reality when a huge bone hit him in the head.

“Now, I know the Meowth and Persian races tend to love treasure, and are thieves, but I don’t want you touching these trophies, understand? These are for the rescue teams who have completed great accomplishments. Believe it or not, there has only been one rescue team to put a golden trophy in there in the last century,” Chief Marowak explained, withdrawing his bone.

“That was Team ATC, which stood for Alakazam, Tyranitar, Charizard. They are currently of the Gold Rank,” Cunna reported. Chief Marowak nodded.

“Very good, Cunna. There is only been one team that has been able to surpass their efforts, but have not been able to come by here. That team is known as Team Aura,” Chief Marowak replied.

“Ah! I know this! Lucario led Team Aura. They managed to recruit a very powerful legendary Pokemon, and explore many unknown lands. His assistants are Froslass and Jirachi. Jirachi is the legendary Pokemon they recruited from a very hard place to explore, known as Wish Cave! A rank known as the Lucario Rank was named after Lucario in his honor, but no one but them have been able to achieve that rank!” Cunna reported once more. Chief Marowak nodded again.

“You’re getting better at World History day by day, Cunna! Have you been reading?” complimented Chief Marowak. Cunna giggled. “Anyways, without further wait, let’s go to my office.”

They walked down a short hall, which also had many trophies. They made a right into a small room, which had two square-shaped skylights at the ceiling. The room had a desk, two chests, a bookshelf, and a door that was locked with a mysterious keyhole. Chief Marowak went behind his desk, and opened up a drawer. He pulled out a list and a writing utensil, and set it on his desk. He went to the white chest, and pulled out a small, yellow box.

“Now, what would you like your team name to be?” Chief Marowak asked. Cunna looked at Keitaro.

“Well? What would you like it to be?” Cunna asked. Keitaro thought it over for a moment. It was kind of tough, but he thought of something.

“How about… Team Go-Getters?” Keitaro asked. Chief Marowak nodded.

“An excellent name, if I may say!” Chief Marowak said, writing it down. He tucked the list back into his desk, and opened the yellow box. He scanned the contents, and shut it, holding it in front of him.

“This box is for both of you. It’s rather special, compared to the boxes I gave the other teams, since you’re my son, Cunnawabum… This is such a wonderful moment! My son is following in my footsteps,” Chief Marowak told them, getting rather emotional. He wiped away the tears, and gave the yellow box to Cunna.

“Now, Keitaro, I’ll take you to my tent! It’s rather cozy there, so you’ll love it!” Cunna said. Keitaro nodded, and followed Cunna out the door. Chief Marowak stayed, and sat on the ground in his office. He sighed, and later, got back up.

“If they only knew I was on that team…” Chief Marowak said to himself, going to the other chest. He opened it up, and grabbed a mysterious black key. He shut the chest, and put the key into the weird lock on the door and turned it to the left, sobbing.

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 06-19-2008 at 08:56 PM.