Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94
Default Re: Why don't people like goth's and emo's?

EEEW! IT'S AN EMO! KILL IT!

... Really. They're just a black cloud on society, they're not fatalistic, they're just small leeches that cut themselves and think the colour black is everything and turn everyone into drab dickheads that pierce places no-one should know about until they're 30.

Note, Gothic is two things. One, there is the blood sucking leech mentioned above and two, I believe there was a race/society called the Goths in Europe? Look it up on Wikipedia.

People also think that if you wear black, you're automatically an emo. Wrong. Emos are emotionall unstable beings that slice their wrists just to release stimulants, makes them 'happy'... And bleed all over the carpet. Joy.

Goths... I don't know much about goths. I'd steer clear. They've turned into large trolls... They're almost as scary as one of those Moron-- Mormons that came knocking on my door... They're like robots. Their eyes are dead. They scare me.

A goth or an emo is not a Satanist. Satanists have a life.

I'm not biased, these people don't want to live. Or they want to live and make everyone else miserable. Go cry emo kid.

Goths and emos aren't defined on what colour clothing they wear or what music they listen to, emos are just unstable people. They don't want to live anymore. Goths creep me out, I don't know what their purpose is, but I just had a great idea for something stupid.

I'm not gothic or emo, despite my person wearing black right now.

The Brood is growing!
Old 06-11-2008, 02:48 AM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
EEEW! IT'S AN EMO! KILL IT!

... Really. They're just a black cloud on society, they're not fatalistic, they're just small leeches that cut themselves and think the colour black is everything and turn everyone into drab dickheads that pierce places no-one should know about until they're 30.

So Preps, and Jocks are like Pinkclouds on society, WTF make sense. Not all emo/goth people cut themself, get that right at once, please! && Actually they don't think the color black is everything, is a favorite color, just like blue, and green. Why do you care about their pierces?! WTF. Drab dickheads, first of all, they don't have dicks as heads, I'm pretty sure of that.

Note, Gothic is two things. One, there is the blood sucking leech mentioned above and two, I believe there was a race/society called the Goths in Europe? Look it up on Wikipedia.

People also think that if you wear black, you're automatically an emo. Wrong. Emos are emotionall unstable beings that slice their wrists just to release stimulants, makes them 'happy'... And bleed all over the carpet. Joy.

Let me tear this apart. The first part may be true, in some cases. But in this cases, it is not, I wear black all the time, nobody calls me emo OR Gothic. Quit reffering to Emo as people whom cut them self, you don't know they. NOT everybody cuts themselves! Actually it doesn't make them "happy" clearly they're depressed, there is no "happy" in that.

Goths... I don't know much about goths. I'd steer clear. They've turned into large trolls... They're almost as scary as one of those Moron-- Mormons that came knocking on my door... They're like robots. Their eyes are dead. They scare me.
WTF/WTH. Their eyes are dead, then how do they see, moron. Yep preps scare me.

A goth or an emo is not a Satanist. Satanists have a life.

WTF AGAIN! Emos have life, I know quite of few that hang out with me, so are you saying I don't have a life......
I'm not biased, these people don't want to live. Or they want to live and make everyone else miserable. Go cry emo kid.
WTF AGAIN!!! Yes they do want to live, they are just in a state of depress or something. They don't want to make anybody miserable, what the **** is this ****.Not all emo people cry, I've bet you have cried, did somebody call you emo, when you were crying?

Goths and emos aren't defined on what colour clothing they wear or what music they listen to, emos are just unstable people. They don't want to live anymore. Goths creep me out, I don't know what their purpose is, but I just had a great idea for something stupid.
You just said up their, that they are called Emos/goths because they wear all black! Yes they do want to live, where are you getting this from. Okay, I don't know what your idea is, but whatever it is, it's stupid! What if I said said that to you.

I'm not gothic or emo, despite my person wearing black right now.
One.Big.Stupid.Sterotype.

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:53 AM
RichL23 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RichL23 Send a message via MSN to RichL23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleonx2 View Post

I.Completely.Agree.

Umm, Jah.

Pearl FC - 1332 8745 1876

Old 06-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleonx2 View Post

Hang on... Mind telling me what your perspective of an emo is first? I see emos as Emotionally Unstable people, who cut themselves to get away from things as cutting yourself releases stimulants. I'm not calling anyone an emo, I don't care if you're wearing black, as I said before, doesn't make you an emo. It's not exactly a stereotype for emos, it's what they are, there are many sort of 'definitions' of an emo, like, OMG, you have an 'emo' haircut, oh, you're wearing black, you must be an emo, but I only see it as people who just have no will to live, who think 'life is an abyss of darkness' and cut themselves to get away from things (excuses, excuses -- Like we don't all use them anyway.)

in my understanding, if you don't cut yourself or whatever, you're not really an emo... I lost you Empoleon.

The Brood is growing!

Last edited by Stormdancer94; 06-11-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Kongo Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
I mean really, they are just human beings and I don't get why everyone is like, "Oh, look it's a goth!" and, "Eww, an emo, run!"
I mean, really, get a life, guys!
Thoughts and opinions?
The first problem you have is what you have done:

"Goth's and Emo's"

By calling people that or associating them with that you have, and so has everyone else, labeled them.
Yup, we are indeed human beings...so why is one person a Goth and the other an Emo?
Most of the time, the "Goth" isn't a Goth as they dress in black but don't follow the path of a Goth...like a Christian wearing a cross...but doesn't go to church or follow the beliefs of one.

I myself was put into a catagory in the days of Korn and Nirvana...
"Goths" and "Freaks" were one word...tho I wore not much black than the usual folk, nor was I freaky in any way.
"Grunger" was another one, as Grunge was still popular...again, I didn't actually like Nirvana...Kurt Cobain blasted a hole in his skull, he's dead, deal with it folks.

But this trend only follows kids and a "scene" set and cursed by themselfs.
These days I have long hair often tied back and a goatee...now I am among adults and myself am a young one, I don't get called nothin'.
And what am I? I am me.
I am a musician if I MUST be called something. Sometimes I get stereotyped, cause I have long hair I MUST be into metal...well yes I am but more styles as well and plus, I don't listen to as much metal now anyways...I just like having long hair.

So, you will never break what has been set.
Back in the days of New Romantics this was the same with goths etc.
Men wearing makeup, gender bending etc were called "Puffs" when they were as straight as they come. Look at some of the artists in the 70's and 80's and look.
You will see nothing has changed:

Mods
Skinheads
Rockers
Bikers
Goths
New Romantics
"Thatcherites" (best do your history)
Punks
Rastas
White Trash

don't forget these days we also have:

Chavs
Bombay Badboys
"Gangsta'" (yeah...right)
Wiggas

Obviously, in an over PC world I have to be careful not to break site rules but you see, Goths and the latest craze - "emo's" are just history repeating itself.
Folks like to label each other, call each other...even more these days, just look at Heat Magazine...what's the point? She's fat, she's skinny, he's devorced...who CARES!?

There are far more names than above, and will continue to be so.
It's nothing more or less than labelised namecalling.

(So many Pokemon...only 6 in a team...)
Pokemon Farmer.
Breeder of Egg moves and also host the Pokemon Chickenpox Sleepover (For helping those poke's catch the one off Pokerus, helping them in later adult life).
Old 06-12-2008, 02:09 AM
TruckNuts Offline

Send a message via AIM to TruckNuts

I don't mind some emos and goths, but they do tend to put a damper on the mood :-D
Old 06-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Nevermore Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Darn, I was hoping to be able to say something unstereotypical.

I guess I just won't say anything.

Eh, what the heck. I agree people should learn to live with 'em. They're just people. If you happened to be one of those people who goes around with a huge smile on your face I might say "OMG EW GET AWAY FROM ME." but it's not like you can change my opinion on the matter. I just don't like those people. It's a opinion. Like if you hate global warming and someone tries to convince you not to, would you change it? Not unless they had some really good solid facts.
Where Two Wrongs Do Not Make A Right

Last edited by Nevermore Wolf; 06-12-2008 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:34 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Hang on... Mind telling me what your perspective of an emo is first? I see emos as Emotionally Unstable people, who cut themselves to get away from things as cutting yourself releases stimulants. I'm not calling anyone an emo, I don't care if you're wearing black, as I said before, doesn't make you an emo. It's not exactly a stereotype for emos, it's what they are, there are many sort of 'definitions' of an emo, like, OMG, you have an 'emo' haircut, oh, you're wearing black, you must be an emo, but I only see it as people who just have no will to live, who think 'life is an abyss of darkness' and cut themselves to get away from things (excuses, excuses -- Like we don't all use them anyway.)

in my understanding, if you don't cut yourself or whatever, you're not really an emo... I lost you Empoleon.
All emo means is emotional. You don't have to cut yourself to be emotional.

I find it hilarious how you make the thread about immaturity, yet you do all this insulting to others.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
All emo means is emotional. You don't have to cut yourself to be emotional.

I find it hilarious how you make the thread about immaturity, yet you do all this insulting to others.

Yeah, I was just in a stupid mood, sorry about that and all.

Depends really, I think emo was a shortened form of Emotional, or something else, but... Somehow around me, it's become a bit of a form of saying, Idon'twanttoliveandIcutmyself. But... Eh.

The Brood is growing!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Blaziken Knight Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

well i dont understand why people dont like goths and emos, its not like a simple "group" or "club" of people around the world that are different, their like their own religion..but without a church, but some emos/goths may have meetings or group chats and things like that.

i myself arent into goths and dont like them, im not all "eww a goth!" though, i dont like them because the goths at my school buly people and are NEVER happy >.>

but i myself, am an Emo. live with it :P
Old 06-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Since when do people like anything thats different.

If your not with us, your against us. In middle school mainly, it seems like alot of people believe it, so if you don't think and act like how they do, they don't like you. In high school, I think most people stop caring.

yes.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

I think the problem is is that the terms "goth" and "emo" are so open to interpretation. A wide number of things someone does could put them into either category, so saying them in such a general way is going to cause confusion and tiffs like the ones that happened with Stormdancer just a few posts ago.

That being said, I don't really judge people on the way they dress or their taste in music, or anything like that. People are people, and labels just complicate things and get in the way.

Hi

Old 06-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Yeah, I was just in a stupid mood, sorry about that and all.

Depends really, I think emo was a shortened form of Emotional, or something else, but... Somehow around me, it's become a bit of a form of saying, Idon'twanttoliveandIcutmyself. But... Eh.
I'm pretty sure the actual meaning is just emotional, but then the slang and stereotyzed emo's are the ones you're thinking of.

And I'm sorry, that was rude of me...
Old 06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
eerie Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to eerie

Well, emo can mean two things for me.
1) the sensitive ones that some girls apparently like.
2) ones you put in mind. ones that suicide themselves while letting themselves live and are depressed inside and out.

-I have to say I'm a little bit like no. 1. I think people don't like goths and emos for an obvious reason that some people forget by stereotyping.
Most people like befriending people they're in common with or at least HAPPY/ contented people.
I for one don't want to be very close friends to someone who thinks he's in a living hell and or something like that.

That's all I can say. I'm not ranting about them, but I don't really like them too much, either.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
I'm pretty sure the actual meaning is just emotional, but then the slang and stereotyzed emo's are the ones you're thinking of.

And I'm sorry, that was rude of me...

Lol, don't worry.

Most of the time, I only hear 'emo' referring to two things;

A) 'Emo' music, like... Screaming heavy metal, with guys that look kinda gothic and sing REALLY odd lyrics...

B) A person who cuts themselves, usually wears black with hair covering their eyes

True, it's a stereotype, but one I've come to know I guess.

The Brood is growing!
Closed Thread