Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-01-2007, 05:52 AM
inyi's Avatar
inyi Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 219
Exclamation Pokemon Errors!

If you have noticed some errors, inconsistency, conflicts in Pokemon TV series, Movies, games and etch.. Lets discuss it here:

If you'll remember the Pokemon 1st season everyone in the series is indicating that there are only 150 pokemon and the 151 is Mewtwo... even prof. Oaks admitted this fact, and that there are pokemons that arent discover yet... if we based this 1st season theory to the Pokemon Movies, the 1st -3 movies for me are no Inconsistency( Mewtwo strikes Back, The Power of One, Spell of the Unown) but the 4th and 8th Movie for me has inconsistency (Pokemon 4ever: Celeby the voice of the forest and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew) which has a past based story...

lets discuss first the 4th Movie: Celeby the voice of the forest

The story is about celeby which has the ability to travel through time... there is boy named "SAM" which accidentally travel to the future w/ celeby and meet up Ash and friends... so the inconsistency in the movie is that SAM is "Proffesor Oak" when he was a kid... Sam saw Pokemon whiched belong to the 2nd generation liked Houndoom, Keriehanna, Sentret and furret and Suicunne and Celeby. Note: He saw it when he was just a kid and even sketch kereihanna, and Pikachu and Celebi. So why in the 1st season Proffesor Oak admitted that there are only 151 pokemon discovered.

8th movie: Lucarion and the Mystery of Mew

it has also a past base story.. and the narrator said that it was the time where Pokeball are not invented yet... What does Tyranactar, Aggron and skarmony doing in that movie, supposed to be they must be known in 1st season.......

It was just i observed, i dont know if I right or wrong abwt this.... or just The Pokemon Region has somethong to do with the story....

Last edited by inyi; 06-01-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-01-2007, 06:21 AM
sachizilla Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 17
Send a message via AIM to sachizilla
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

I don't think they're errors. Since pokemon has been going on for 7-10 years already, you notice the characters don't age and of course the Plot is going to be very very limited.

However, only Sam Oak ever saw those pokemon, and he did state that there might as well be more pokemon in the future.

However, what we don't know is if he retained the Memory from that time, or not. Maybe when he got Transported back, he lost his memory of the incident.

IRL there's no way there's can be a time travel back, since it's always going to end up in a never ending loop. If any one has seen the harry potter movies.. when harry, harmanie and that other kid go back in time to save that griffon... but anyway.

Or it could be that professor knew all along... but who is going to believe a child when he said, "look at that! I saw this pokemon when cerebitransported me into the future.

Also think of the word "Discovered" in real life, nothing is really Scientifically discovered until it's officially documented with a proper example, photographic and genetic evidence.

Even if Lucario and Skymory was in that movie before there were pokeballs, couild just be region.... but yeah.. don't think too deeply in a cartoon....

Especially a cartoon where no one ages.

Ash should now be 24, and should have grown some facial hair...
__________________

Thankyou xCJ for the shiney charmanders and Feebas' ^_^ rawr
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-07-2007, 06:27 PM
SBaby's Avatar
SBaby Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 253
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

There's more issues in Pokemon than there are in any Anime that can be thought of, outside of Legend of the Crystals.

- First, Pikachu should be WAY stronger than he is now. He's been in THREE GAMES' worth of battles! So why is he still getting his butt kicked by beginner Trainers? If this show's gonna follow the freaking game, then it should start using the same mechanics.

- In the Celebi movie, if Sam saw Ash as a kid, wouldn't he have mentioned something about that in the first episode?

- Then there's that masked member of Team Rocket. A super villain, or a one-time fad? You decide.

- And what's with Ash walking everywhere? Why doesn't he just use Charizard to FLY where he wants to go. It'd sure be faster and he'd be able to get there on time.

- And the plot. What can I say about the plot? It just leaves me utterly speechless. Especially since each season/Region/etc... has Ash doing the same thing all over again. What's the freaking point of it all?

- And whenever something cool or interesting comes along (like Paul or Team Aqua and Magma), the writer just simply forgets about it and moves on with the Region, almost as if some cosmic producer from Hell set a stringent deadline for the next episode. It's just ridiculous that fans (including myself) are still fooled into believing that the plot might actually GO somewhere.

I know that the plot does try to follow the games, but it's just ridiculous how repetitive and tedious the show is. I mean, when you've got Sanrio coming up with better plots for their characters than Nintendo can, then you know something's FUBAR'd.
__________________
Congress continues to make a push against video games and gamers. However, gamers aren't helpless.

http://www.videogamevoters.org/



Does SatAM even NEED an introduction?

Last edited by SBaby; 06-07-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-14-2007, 10:13 AM
inyi's Avatar
inyi Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 219
Lightbulb Re: Pokemon Errors!

I find out another error abwt the episode....

remember the episode "So near Yet so FarFetchd" it was a story of a boy and his farfetchd tricking other Pokemon trainer to thief thier Pokemon.. They stole Team Rockets Pokemon: Arbok, Weezing and..... LICKITUNG?...

Lickitung was caught by jessie in the 1st episode of the Pokemon 2nd season("Princess vs Princess" which is supposed to air 2 episode after that episode....

So near yet so farfetch
Who gets to keep togepi
Bulabasaurs mysterious garden
then
Princess vs Princess
here the link for the episode list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon....28Season_3.29
__________________
AM Born to be a Pokemon Master!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-14-2007, 10:36 AM
L0L's Avatar
L0L Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: A room wit computers & Pillow walls
Posts: 19
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

Oh my god stupid CRAP >:~

Get this through your heads, pokemon anime is targetd at little kids, the little kids will not point out all these frill little errors because hey they get to see new pokemon.I mean I haven't cared to look at your ages and I don't care if you don't make them public but come on! The whooooooooooooole POKEMON COMPANY is focused on little kids, though some games of pokemon may not be to small smalll kids th anime is!Pointing out it's flaws won't do any good these movies and Episodes were made years ago and are probably in a kids Movies shelf like most pokemon movies are on my shelf. It's not like they're gonna recall the movie and change it to your liking. Thouuhg there are many adul who like pokemon and I'm glad they do, pointing out small tihngs won't mattter, I'm sure a 7 year old watching the movies will go hey they say there's 150 pokemon but they're 151 and then they're more discovered pokemon then they said they're are....Mommy Mommy Wa Wa Wa...

Enjoy the pokemon anime, like the 7 year olds in Japan and the USA and Oh my god I tihnk they're's a Krazy woman outside my house and I am seriously paranoyed,bye
__________________
VPP

Bored.........LOL I made the banner 0=
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Azumao's Avatar
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,901
Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

This website has a nice guide to the errors in the show and the movies. ^^
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Argento's Avatar
Argento Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Maine and Massachusetts
Posts: 384
Send a message via AIM to Argento
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0L View Post
Oh my god stupid CRAP >:~

Get this through your heads, pokemon anime is targetd at little kids, the little kids will not point out all these frill little errors because hey they get to see new pokemon.I mean I haven't cared to look at your ages and I don't care if you don't make them public but come on! The whooooooooooooole POKEMON COMPANY is focused on little kids, though some games of pokemon may not be to small smalll kids th anime is!Pointing out it's flaws won't do any good these movies and Episodes were made years ago and are probably in a kids Movies shelf like most pokemon movies are on my shelf. It's not like they're gonna recall the movie and change it to your liking. Thouuhg there are many adul who like pokemon and I'm glad they do, pointing out small tihngs won't mattter, I'm sure a 7 year old watching the movies will go hey they say there's 150 pokemon but they're 151 and then they're more discovered pokemon then they said they're are....Mommy Mommy Wa Wa Wa...

Enjoy the pokemon anime, like the 7 year olds in Japan and the USA and Oh my god I tihnk they're's a Krazy woman outside my house and I am seriously paranoyed,bye

Eh, so what?

Plenty of Japanese Anime shows meant for children, such as Naruto, have huge success with more than the children's demographic, especially in America. And it's all due to a little thing called plot development and compelling storylines.

So what exactly would be the problem with making the show more than a simple everyplot where Team Rocket steals Ash's Pikachu and they encounter the Pokemon-of-the-week?
__________________
PM me for Battles, Trades, and Comic info. Or anything else. Don't be shy.


Check out my art here!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-19-2007, 11:50 AM
inyi's Avatar
inyi Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 219
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
There's more issues in Pokemon than there are in any Anime that can be thought of, outside of Legend of the Crystals.


- And what's with Ash walking everywhere? Why doesn't he just use Charizard to FLY where he wants to go. It'd sure be faster and he'd be able to get there on time.

.
I've just watch the episode where ash's left charizard in the Charizard valley: it was funny that Charizard doesnt want to fly with Ash, because he was having trouble carrying Ash.. though after many fall Charizard manage to Carry Ash while Flying... bad it was sad that Ash left Carizrd for it to be strong such as the other charizard in the valley: Ash's Charizard was too weak againts the Carizard in the Valley thats why charizard decided to stay and trained.... it was a teary episode....
__________________
AM Born to be a Pokemon Master!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-19-2007, 02:03 PM
DrCoolSanta's Avatar
DrCoolSanta Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: India
Posts: 264
Send a message via AIM to DrCoolSanta Send a message via MSN to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Yahoo to DrCoolSanta
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

there has been no continuation in any of the generations... is that enough
__________________

VPP
Salemence

Hatched!
Evolved to Shellgon!
Evolved to Salamence!
Level 100: 311

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

You have to remember, they keep adding on story! Of course there is going to be inconsistencies. It can't be perfect you know! How would they know it was going to be as big as it was? I'd understand if they planned on going all they way to Sinnoh back then. If they had done that, there wouldn't be any inconsistencies. The story would be perfect in every way. Yet, since they keep adding on, its hard to keep it straight. So you have to let small things like that slide. I mean come on. Its only an anime. xD!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-19-2007, 10:46 PM
BladeTest's Avatar
BladeTest Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fighting in the Arrancar War
Posts: 1,154
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

I remember one episode when Ash was doing the whole Pokemon Leauge thing. He was fighting that Shiny Magnaton, when the guy used Tri Attack, and knocked the hell out of Pikachu. Brock stood up and his exact word were "Wow, that ICY WIND attack was strong" Instead of " Wow, the TRI ATTACK was strong"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-20-2007, 05:33 AM
DrCoolSanta's Avatar
DrCoolSanta Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: India
Posts: 264
Send a message via AIM to DrCoolSanta Send a message via MSN to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Yahoo to DrCoolSanta
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

If you think about it, doesn't it look like all the generation are just different worlds? One could say R/B/Y and G/S/C still had some continuation but R/S/E and D/P have no.
Games were never in continuation like the anime. They were similar but not related. In the anime, they just keep on changing what the characters are! Think about it, how fast does Ash become excited and then Sad and then cocky. It just seems too out of place...
__________________

VPP
Salemence

Hatched!
Evolved to Shellgon!
Evolved to Salamence!
Level 100: 311

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-20-2007, 05:41 AM
Flan's Avatar
Flan Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: :V WARK WARK
Posts: 2,363
Send a message via AIM to Flan
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeTest View Post
I remember one episode when Ash was doing the whole Pokemon Leauge thing. He was fighting that Shiny Magnaton, when the guy used Tri Attack, and knocked the hell out of Pikachu. Brock stood up and his exact word were "Wow, that ICY WIND attack was strong" Instead of " Wow, the TRI ATTACK was strong"
I remember that. Brock said, "Magneton's Icy Wind prevented Pikachu from using it's speedy attacks" or something like that.
__________________
1289 4752 4219 - diamond
3352 3483 0241 - platinum
3567 3935 8361 - soulsilver
1634 7867 9741 - heartgold
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-20-2007, 06:51 AM
BladeTest's Avatar
BladeTest Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fighting in the Arrancar War
Posts: 1,154
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flan View Post
I remember that. Brock said, "Magneton's Icy Wind prevented Pikachu from using it's speedy attacks" or something like that.
That episode was comedy. I was sitting on the living floor wating for finner to be done, and I headr that, me and my cosin start laughing so hard her nose started to bleed. I guess it was hot in the living room.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-21-2007, 06:55 PM
AshMistyMayfan's Avatar
AshMistyMayfan Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Johto
Posts: 3,080
Default Re: Pokemon Errors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyi View Post
If you have noticed some errors, inconsistency, conflicts in Pokemon TV series, Movies, games and etch.. Lets discuss it here:

If you'll remember the Pokemon 1st season everyone in the series is indicating that there are only 150 pokemon and the 151 is Mewtwo... even prof. Oaks admitted this fact, and that there are pokemons that arent discover yet... if we based this 1st season theory to the Pokemon Movies, the 1st -3 movies for me are no Inconsistency( Mewtwo strikes Back, The Power of One, Spell of the Unown) but the 4th and 8th Movie for me has inconsistency (Pokemon 4ever: Celeby the voice of the forest and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew) which has a past based story...

lets discuss first the 4th Movie: Celeby the voice of the forest

The story is about celeby which has the ability to travel through time... there is boy named "SAM" which accidentally travel to the future w/ celeby and meet up Ash and friends... so the inconsistency in the movie is that SAM is "Proffesor Oak" when he was a kid... Sam saw Pokemon whiched belong to the 2nd generation liked Houndoom, Keriehanna, Sentret and furret and Suicunne and Celeby. Note: He saw it when he was just a kid and even sketch kereihanna, and Pikachu and Celebi. So why in the 1st season Proffesor Oak admitted that there are only 151 pokemon discovered.

8th movie: Lucarion and the Mystery of Mew

it has also a past base story.. and the narrator said that it was the time where Pokeball are not invented yet... What does Tyranactar, Aggron and skarmony doing in that movie, supposed to be they must be known in 1st season.......

It was just i observed, i dont know if I right or wrong abwt this.... or just The Pokemon Region has somethong to do with the story....
OK....

Why was Team Rocket doing the 3 clown routine for Dawn to get the Poketech, and how come Ash doesn't get a Poketech but Dawn does? In the game, if you are a boy/girl, you get a Poketech either way.

IN the contest...Ash didn't dress in a tuxedo like the boy in the game would. Not sure if that's a big deal error or not.

How come 'Paul' doesn't look any way like the game's rival character? Paul is like the Johto bad rival!

HOw come if we players get a huge Pokedex of 480 Pokemon do Ash/Dawn/other characters only carry 6 and never use the PC in the center?

I never see 'TMs' taught, or HMs as Dawn apparantely taught the Piplup waterfall I believe.

How come Team Rocket is in Shinou, yet in the game, we get Galactic? THere is no Team Rocket anywhere in Shinou.

How come at times the total number of Pokemon are not shown on the TV? They say there's 150 in Kanto, yet on TV, you see like maybe 80% of that number. You don't see their evolutions too much.

How come legendary Pokemon are saved for only the movies, and why the legendaries are not caught by Ash/company? I never see JIrachi on the TV portion. I don't think the legend birds were televised in Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno.

How come on TV a journey to the next town takes like a week, yet we can get to the next town within 5 minutes on our game?

Another error, if we have to beat Elite 4, how come Ash hasn't done that yet?

JUst a tease now, how much shorter can Dawn's skirt get in those camera shots?

Yeah, those are a number of errors I have seen, yet I think the show is still great. That was my top 10 rant, plus a bonus referring to Dawn. She's still great, but they sure do a lot of teasing shots with her.
__________________
ATeam's elite members. If you are stuck in a dungeon, you better contact the ATeam.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com