Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 03-09-2004, 01:43 AM
liquid crystal Offline
Elite Trainer

Default ~Pokemyths...~

Welcome to the RP, Pokemyths. Pokemyths is an RP which mixes mythology and pokemon.

Story: The poke-gods are the great rulers of Yggdrasil, the mighty world-Sudowoodo in which all pokemon live happily—note: this is not some weird cult, please do not interpret this as one, it is a piece of fiction. Poke-gods and -mortals all know that there place of paradice will not last, for the unbius hand of Ragnarokk will eventually smite all life and create anew. It was thought that Yggdrasil would last at least a thousand more years, but Ragnarokk—which turns out to be a meteoroid—is heading towards them at an alarming rate.

Can the Poke-gods save there home—and lives?

Use one of the following characters, or be a heroic poke-mortal who wants to help save the world-Sudowoodo.

~Greek:

Name: Zeus
Pokemon: Ampharos
God of...: The Sky and Thunder. Also, the king of the pokegods.
Description: Wears a white toga decorated with thunder bolts. Handsome, haughty, and intimidating.
Other: Wields the magnificent thunder bolt, and has many wives. Zeus is often over confident and insensitive.

Name: Poseidon
Pokemon: Golduck
God of...: The Ocean and Water. Brother of Zeus.
Description: Wears a blue toga with raindrops on it. More aquatic than normal (His tail is like that of a mermaid, gills, etc.)
Other: Weapon of choice is the trident, which can change rocks into Rapidashes. He is married to a sea nymph. Poseidon is calm, quiet, and serious.

Name: Hades
Pokemon: Sableye
God of...: The Underworld and Death. Brother of Zeus.
Description: Wears a black toga with ghosts on it. A lot more homely than his brothers, but is substantially more intelligent.
Other: Has no weapon, but can turn invisible with a magical cap. Persephone, beautiful daughter of Zeus, is married to Hades for half the year, hence winter and summer. His personality is depressing: quite gloomy and thinks very hard before he talks, but on rare occasions, will take a chance nobody else would.

Name: Artemis
Pokemon: Medicham
God of...: The Moon and Hunting. Daughter of Zeus.
Description: Artemis’ toga is lavender with the phases of the moon adorning it. Not ugly, but not amazingly beautiful and sort of a tom-boy.
Other: Uses a bow and enchanted arrows. She is dead set on living a life of celibacy. Artemis is shy, aloof, and very modest.

~Norse

Name: Odin
Pokemon: Alakazam
God of...: Magic and Divination. Is the father of the Norse pokegods.

Description: Wears golden chain male, an animal hide cloak, and primitive wool pants. Odin had a long beard.

Other: Has no weapon, but is highly telekinetic. Odin is always in a good mood and has a good sense of humor.

Name: Thor
Pokemon: Electabuzz

God of...: Thunder and ill weather. Grandson of Odin.
Description: A Suit of golden armor, and a horned helmet. Quite tall for an Electabuzz.
Other: His famous hammer causes thunder and lightning with every strike. He is married to no one, but is attracted to Freyja, his cousin. Both he and Zeus are arch rivals, since they must compete for Best thunder god. When not around Zeus, Thor is quite likeable, but is ridiculously competitive around him.

Name: Freyja

Pokemon: Jynx
God of...: Beauty and love; the Norse equivalent of Aphrodite. Granddaughter of Odin.
Description: Silver and gold jewelry, and cat skin robes. A lot more beautiful than a regular Jynx.
Other: She occasionally uses a magic dagger, which can freeze (in ice) any object. She and Thor are very much attracted to each other, and it is a wonder why they aren’t married. She’s a little stupid.

Name: Loki
Pokemon: Misdreavus
God of...: Mischief making. Loki is the trickster and thief of the pokegods.
Description: As punishment for stealing Thor’s hammer, his entire body (except for his head) was turned invisible, and his head enlarged to make him more noticeable; but he wears a heavy polar bear coat for warmth.
Other: Has a range of daggers, lock picks, and martial arts moves. He’s very funny, but because of his reputation no goddess is interested in a half invisible thief.

~Japanese

Name: Amaterasu

Pokemon: Gardevoir
God of...: The Sun and Light. Daughter of Izanagi, Sister of Susano.
Description: Beautiful scarlet sakura kimono over many other layers. She keeps her hair up with a sacred comb.

Other: Amaterasu uses no weapon, but has great power. Not only can she control light, but is also slightly telekinetic. She has never had a mate, but many are attracted to her. Amaterasu is kind, gentle, and will sacrifice things for her true friends

Name: Izanagi

Pokemon: Blaziken
God of...: The first male god; a father figure. Father to Amaterasu and Susano.

Description: Simple white robes and prayer beads. Shorter than a normal Blaziken.
Other: Izanagi’s weapon is a long spear, with which he churned the great ocean to create the Yggdrasil Sudowoodo. His wife, Izanami (the first pokegoddess and mother figure), also a Blaziken, but died giving birth to their second child. Izanagi searched for his wife in the underworld, but found her transformed into an Omi-Queen, a demon-queen. Shocked to find his bride a demon, he went to bathe himself in a river. When we washed his left eye, Amaterasu was born. Out of his right, Susano. Izanagi is aging, but very wise.

Name: Susano

Pokemon: Aggron
God of...: Storms, ill weather, and rage. Son of Izanagi, brother of Amaterasu.

Description: Deep Blue samurai-esque armor, and when in his fits of rage (in other words, 95% of the time) his face often matches his armor (Like uncle Vernon of Harry Potter)
Other: A wide variety of katana and shuriken (throwing stars) is at Susano’s disposal. Has had many wives, most illegitimate. Susano has a horrible temper, which often leads him to create storms with his magic katana. Despite, Susano can be truly passionate if the cause is just.

Name: Honosusori

Pokemon: Hitmonlee
God of...: Immortal Hero. Great-grandson of Amaterasu.

Description: Simple and modest clothing; white and red robes and long, baggy pants. Very skilled martial artist.
Other: In order to save his brother from a sea monster, Honosusori acquired two magical gems: one which caused an extreme low tide, and the other an extremely high tide (ocean-wise). He used the aforementioned to drown the sea monster. Honosusori is modest, kind, and ready to work.

~Egyptian

Name: Horus
Pokemon: Pidgeot (I will explain)

God of...: The sky and celestial bodies. Son of Isis and Zeus.
Description: The head of a pidgeot on a body of a Medicham, except a little beefier. Wears that typical Egyptian outfit (Don’t know how else to describe them), with anklets and bangles, and amulets. Also has a pharaoh hat.

Other: His weapon is the uedjit (Weh-jit) eye, which could tell is someone was lying, see through walls, and shoot a flamethrower-esque attack. Horus has an army-general sort of personality; very serious, strict, but also can be fun if you can manage to break the ice.

Name: Isis
Pokemon: Ninetales

God of...: The dead, motherhood, and queen of the pokegods, along with Zeus.
Description: The head of a Ninetales on a body of a medicham, and ninetales’ nine tails also. Wears a traditional Egyptian dress, with many scarabs and amulets on necklaces. Also has a hat in the shape of a throne.

Other: Has no weapon, but has amazing healing powers. Isis’ personality is loving, nurturing, but has a wrathful side.

Name: Thoth
Pokemon: Fearow

God of...: Wisdom and knowledge. Historian of the pokegods.
Description: The head of a Shiny Fearow on a body of a Medicham. Thoth wears traditional Egyptian clothing, and is constantly seen with ink, quills, and papyrus.

Other: Has no weapon, but has an amazing skills is magic. Thoth is very intelligent, wise, and almost never answers in a straight-forward manner. Makes good riddles, too.

Name: Tefenet
Pokemon: Milotic

God of...: Rain, moisture, and the river Nile, which is the main source of water in Yggdrasil. Wife of Odin.
Description: The head (those ear-thingies, too) of a Milotic on the body of a Medicham. Her dress is a water fall; she wears water. Over-all, very beautiful if you’re into fish. :P

Other: Wields golden scimitar and can control water. Tefenet is wise-cracking, sarcastic, and has a good sense of humor.

I know this is a lot to take in, but bear with me.
Rules:
  • No flaming, bunnying, or god-moding (ironically )
  • There need to be at least three pokegods and no more than two heroes.
  • I seriously recommed briefly reading up on Greek, Norse, Egyptian, or Japanese mythology.
  • If you have any questions or want to add to the plot, PM me.
  • And, of course, have fun and join ASAP!

Last edited by liquid crystal; 03-09-2004 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Ninja Emperor Offline
Elite Trainer

Location: Nihon Castle, somewhere in Japan....maybe even near Goldenrod ^^
Send a message via AIM to Ninja Emperor Send a message via MSN to Ninja Emperor Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja Emperor
Default Re: ~Pokemyths...~

Can I be:

Description: Deep Blue samurai-esque armor, and when in his fits of rage (in other words, 95% of the time) his face often matches his armor (Like uncle Vernon of Harry Potter)
Other: A wide variety of katana and shuriken (throwing stars) is at Susano’s disposal. Has had many wives, most illegitimate. Susano has a horrible temper, which often leads him to create storms with his magic katana. Despite, Susano can be truly passionate if the cause is just.

Please? (I like ninjas)
Old 03-09-2004, 09:48 PM
liquid crystal Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Emperor
Can I be:

Please? (I like ninjas)
Sure, you can be Susano, and if you'd wish, spread the word about this RP...!
Old 03-12-2004, 02:38 AM
Mizu Offline
Experienced Trainer

Can you be a demon? I'm thinking of Samutra(dont remmeber actual word)-no-Orochi, from japanese mythology?

Don't make it rain on someone elses parade ...MAKE IT THUNDEH!
Old 03-12-2004, 03:03 AM
Tristan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Tristan Send a message via AIM to Tristan Send a message via MSN to Tristan Send a message via Yahoo to Tristan

Can i be...

Description: Wears a blue toga with raindrops on it. More aquatic than normal (His tail is like that of a mermaid, gills, etc.)
Other: Weapon of choice is the trident, which can change rocks into Rapidashes. He is married to a sea nymph. Poseidon is calm, quiet, and serious.

...please? Oh, and btw...how does he turn Rocks into a firey horse? Isn't he, uh...water-ish? Just curious, lol.
~~"I don't want to be alone anymore..." - Eiko, Final Fantasy IX~~
Old 03-12-2004, 03:04 AM
liquid crystal Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizu
Can you be a demon? I'm thinking of Samutra(dont remmeber actual word)-no-Orochi, from japanese mythology?
Er... well, I guess you could be a benevolent demon...? Because I already have something planned for villains...
So yeah! okay, just fill you the form:

Name:
Pokemon:
God of...: [self explanitory, and if related to another god, please state]
Description: [Clothes]
Other: [include weapon(s), personality, and love intrest]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan
Can i be...

...please? Oh, and btw...how does he turn Rocks into a firey horse? Isn't he, uh...water-ish? Just curious, lol.
Lovely! Poseidon has joined.

[Answering question]
Poseidon created horses for men and gods, and the horse was one of his symbols. And rapidash is the only horse pokemon, be it fire or not.

Last edited by liquid crystal; 03-12-2004 at 03:08 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:59 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*KhrypticCello*~
Name: Odin
Pokemon: Alakazam
God of...: Magic and Divination. Is the father of the Norse pokegods.

Description: Wears golden chain mail, an animal hide cloak, and primitive wool pants. Odin had a long beard.

Other: Has no weapon, but is highly telekinetic. Odin is always in a good mood and has a good sense of humor.

Odin has a Spear as a Weapon and also has one Eye (Not sure which one it is). When he was gonna get his Wisdom, he had to sacrifice one Eye to get it.
Brian/Alakazam is gonna kill me is he wants to join this RPG but none of the other ones appeal to me and also Ninja (my RL friend) suggested I join this RPG. I don't join RPGs here often, which is usually due to their poor quality and short posts. I hope this is not a dissapointment if it ever get off it's feet.

So um, anyway, I'd like to take Odin, if you don't mind.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 03-18-2004 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:13 PM
liquid crystal Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84
Brian/Alakazam is gonna kill me is he wants to join this RPG but none of the other ones appeal to me and also Ninja (my RL friend) suggested I join this RPG. I don't join RPGs here often, which is usually due to their poor quality and short posts. I hope this is not a dissapointment if it ever get off it's feet.

So um, anyway, I'd like to take Odin, if you don't mind.
Does Alakazam join RP's that often though? Well anyway, your accepted!
Old 03-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Mizu Offline
Experienced Trainer

Description: As punishment for stealing Thor’s hammer, his entire body (except for his head) was turned invisible, and his head enlarged to make him more noticeable; but he wears a heavy polar bear coat for warmth.
Other: Has a range of daggers, lock picks, and martial arts moves. He’s very funny, but because of his reputation no goddess is interested in a half invisible thief.

Gah, I'd better not be orochi ¬¬ it'll mess up the story, I prefer Loki n_n

Old 03-13-2004, 02:33 AM
liquid crystal Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizu

Gah, I'd better not be orochi ¬¬ it'll mess up the story, I prefer Loki n_n
Okay. What ever suits your fancy.

Hm... I think I'll be

Name: Horus
Pokemon: Pidgeot (I will explain)
God of...: The sky and celestial bodies. Son of Isis and Zeus.
Description: The head of a pidgeot on a body of a Medicham, except a little beefier. Wears that typical Egyptian outfit (Don’t know how else to describe them), with anklets and bangles, and amulets. Also has a pharaoh hat.
Other: His weapon is the uedjit (Weh-jit) eye, which could tell is someone was lying, see through walls, and shoot a flamethrower-esque attack. Horus has an army-general sort of personality; very serious, strict, but also can be fun if you can manage to break the ice.

Perfect!

Okay, now we can start!

IC:

“The prophesies are coming true. I see it in the sky. Death is coming on swift wings,” said Thoth.

We were conversing, Thoth and I in my private cellar. He said Ragnarokk is coming far sooner than imagined.

“It was coming sooner or later, we all knew that.” I pondered on these words. “But so soon? What do the fates say?” The fates knew everything, life, death, past, future, present.

Thoth seemed distressed. “They are…dead, Horus.”

“What!! How could this be!?! Without the fates…”

“Without the fates, our fate is sealed.”

“Can we fight this? Any way at all! Can the fates be reincarnated?”

“We don’t know. They’ve never died before, at least in my knowledge.”

“How did they die? Tell me…”

“It was sudden. Stabbed. Apparently, even they weren’t aware of it, or they would have protected.”

But we both knew that they must’ve known about it. They committed suicide. They knew something horrible was coming, and didn’t want to experience it.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Mizu Offline
Experienced Trainer

The wind ruffled the soft fur in Loki's coat. Several strong gusts came from every direction after that. Loki turned back, facing the wind spirits that fled to Yggdrassil, where Loki had just been. Another gust sent all the trees and wild life flying, except Loki, who created a barrier for protection.

A tiny rupture became visible between two mountains, then, the rupturte became into a tear, which turned into a portal...several shadows emerged from it. Loki's face turned stone cold as the shadows pulled him in...

Old 03-14-2004, 05:33 AM
Tristan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Tristan Send a message via AIM to Tristan Send a message via MSN to Tristan Send a message via Yahoo to Tristan

Poseidon swiftly swam through the great seas, towards the home of Freyja. Many water creatures, such as Wailords and Sharpedoes flew past him in his haste, most attempting to greet him as he flashed past. In the distance he saw the large ice dominated domain which served as a home to the deity of love. Instead of the tropical Wailords, Poseidon now spotted Dewgongs and Closters rushing past.

As he arrived at the large glacier, he leaped from the water, which glistened in the air, sparkling like stars on a clear night. He landed gracefully on the snow covered ground, his Trident gripped firmly in his right hand. He sternly walked into the cave, a look of pure seriousness covering his face.

After the long walk down the icy caves, Poseidon entered the colossal chamber of Freyja, who sat on a beautiful chair, gazing into a mirror made of perfectly reflected light, combing her gorgeous hair. She spotted him in the mirror and slowly turned around, her hair flowing elegantly in the icy air.

"Poseidon, you have come to visit me?" she spoke in the most elegant voice imaginable.

"Indeed, Freyja, i bear horrible news." he responded, the same stern expression on his face.

"Oh? What is the matter? It isn't about Thor is it?!" she shrieked, immidiately panicking.

"Fear not m'lady, to my knowledge Thor is as well as ever. This extreme disaster brought upon us is of the three Fates." he spoke again, his voice becoming deeper.

"The fates? Those ugly thingies?" she shuttered. "What about them?"

"They are....dead."

Freyja was speechless, as Poseidon explained the situation at hand.

(OOC: Meh, i'm not that good at RPing, IMO. Tell me if I RP'd Freyja or Poseidon incorrectly...i just tried to make them fit their personailities...)
~~"I don't want to be alone anymore..." - Eiko, Final Fantasy IX~~
Old 03-14-2004, 05:50 AM
Ardella Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Ardella Send a message via AIM to Ardella Send a message via MSN to Ardella

I know you've already started n'stuff, but i kinda want to join.. can i be...

Name: Amaterasu

Pokemon: Gardevoir
God of...: The Sun and Light. Daughter of Izanagi, Sister of Susano.
Description: Beautiful scarlet sakura kimono over many other layers. She keeps her hair up with a sacred comb.

Other: Amaterasu uses no weapon, but has great power. Not only can she control light, but is also slightly telekinetic. She has never had a mate, but many are attracted to her. Amaterasu is kind, gentle, and will sacrifice things for her true friends

Well, hopefully i get the job!
Old 03-14-2004, 05:12 PM
liquid crystal Offline
Elite Trainer

OOC:
[to Tristan]

Yeah, that great. Keep making Freyja self-centered.

[to Ardella]

Sure, you can join. Not as if there are twelve pages

IC:

Everything was indisarray since word af the fates leaked. Maybe we should have a funeral to commerate them? To hope for there return? I will counsil with the others.

"Hermes!" I yelled to the wind. Shortly after, a Pasenger Pidgey, nicknamed Hermes flew over to me.

"Yes, Horus!" Hermes chirped in his busy, clutered tone.

"Delliver the following message to the pokegods:
'We are to have a high counsil in the canopy hall at sundown. We are discussing the funerals of the three fates to increase morale.

From: Horus, time: (I looked at the sun's position) three-and-three-thirds-hours after noon.' Now repeat." you can never be sure if Pasenger Pidgeys paraphrase.

" 'We are to have a high counsil in the canopy hall at sundown. We are discussing the funerals of the three fates to increase morale.

From: Horus, time: three-and-three-and-thirds-hours after noon' " Hewmes repeated quickly.

"Good. Now go." I said.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:59 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Before I start, I need to say something that Ninja (Let it be known that I never really call him that. I call him Bomsh and he calls me that too.) clued me in on that I wasn't aware of. Odin has a Spear as a Weapon and also has one Eye (Not sure which one it is). When he was gonna get his wisdom, he had to scrifice his Eye to get it. About the Weapon. Now that Bomsh mentions it, I rememebr that in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, a weapon for a Dragoon (spear user) was the Odin Lance. I'm not sure how strong it was supposed to be in Mythology but I'm sure he should have it here. Let me know what you think, Cello.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!