Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:37 PM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117
Default Re: Armageddon, Apocalypse, End of the World, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post
This was an old topic that I do believe must be discussed. Do you believe in Armageddon/Apocalypse/End of the World? Do you believe the world will end at a certain point? If the world ends, what do you think will happen? When do you think it will happen? Through which religion do you think it will happen? Will the bitter end come Scientifically? Or will it come Religiously? What's your opinion? What do you believe?

I believe Armageddon will take place during the lifetime of our generation. I go by what the Bible has said. Although, I do not fear it, for Jesus Christ and the Lord is with me. I do believe it will happen Religiously, and maybe it may happen in five years. Maybe longer. But I do suspect it will happen. Sometime soon, I suppose.

What do you have to say?

.::GD::.
I also believe in the Armageddon and the second coming of Jesus. I think it will happen sometime soon Im our lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
Secondly, Global Warming is a load of bullshit worked up by all the liberals in the world. Glomal warming is not a threat, nor is it caused by humans. It has been proven by the correct, non-liberal scientists that global warming is part of a cycle. The earth goes into an ice age, comes out, then goes back into one. The timespan is so large, we are still coming out from the previous ice age. So it is totally natural.
I completely agree with that. There are a lot of others natural things that produce more carbon dioxide than cars.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Wisp Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Wisp

I have to disagree with you on the Gloabl Warming thing. I believe it is a large threat to Earth. And I do believe it's down to us.

dA × vpp × urpg × twitter × gamertag: IchigoTako × MALEFICENT♥
Old 05-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Inspired Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post
This was an old topic that I do believe must be discussed. Do you believe in Armageddon/Apocalypse/End of the World? Do you believe the world will end at a certain point? If the world ends, what do you think will happen? When do you think it will happen? Through which religion do you think it will happen? Will the bitter end come Scientifically? Or will it come Religiously? What's your opinion? What do you believe?

I believe Armageddon will take place during the lifetime of our generation. I go by what the Bible has said. Although, I do not fear it, for Jesus Christ and the Lord is with me. I do believe it will happen Religiously, and maybe it may happen in five years. Maybe longer. But I do suspect it will happen. Sometime soon, I suppose.

What do you have to say?

Mm. Yeah, scientists have proved that the sun will expand and bake the earth.

But they also think that before that, the sun will erupt a MASSIVE Solar Storm that will plumet the world into darkness and strip our ozone layer away, causing a mass exition of humans. The first one will happen, the second MIGHT.

BFF = Anastasia-R
Old 05-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Black Fox of the Darkness Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Black Fox of the Darkness

I believe that the world will end sometime during 2012.According to the Mayan Calender,and Nostrodaumas,that the world MAY end on December 21/22 2012.It is said that the world can be saved from this though.Ancient civilization had 13 scattered Crystal Skulls.If we can find the other five then we may be able to save the world.Please do not controdict me.I am only going on what I think was making sense on the show I watched.Since Two different civilizations of people agreed on something that the world may end.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackness777 View Post
I believe that the world will end sometime during 2012.According to the Mayan Calender,and Nostrodaumas,that the world MAY end on December 21/22 2012.It is said that the world can be saved from this though.Ancient civilization had 13 scattered Crystal Skulls.If we can find the other five then we may be able to save the world.Please do not controdict me.I am only going on what I think was making sense on the show I watched.Since Two different civilizations of people agreed on something that the world may end.
Yes, there is a Mayan prophecy about that. It says that the world will simply cease to exist on that day. but it also says the Devil is a 300 foot long flying snake with feathers and a human head and resides in a 300 foot long titanium chamber 500 feet under the ocean floor 100 miles north east of the Chicxulub crater. One can only begin to imagine the numerous circumstances of how this prophecy was concocted.

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 05-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
On a personal level, the sooner humans die out, the damn better. We're absolutely useless. Honestly. If we never existed, just think how good the Earth and the rest of the universe would have been. Earth'd still have forests and unpolluted lakes and such. We're just violent, sociopathic creatures, that feed off one another's suffering.
If you're so convinced of this position, why don't you just kill yourself? I mean, there would be one less "big bad human" around to screw up the earth right?

Quote:
I believe that the world will end sometime during 2012.According to the Mayan Calender,and Nostrodaumas,that the world MAY end on December 21/22 2012.
What a convenient word.

Quote:
It is said that the world can be saved from this though.Ancient civilization had 13 scattered Crystal Skulls.If we can find the other five then we may be able to save the world.
Dude, wth? You've been watching too much Indiana Jones.

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time

Last edited by kingrptr101; 05-28-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:17 AM
.Red. Offline

Send a message via AIM to .Red.

We'll screw ourselves over. We'll all die by war either someday or another because nobody knows how to get along or settle differences without beating up one another.

Few people say global warming. I'm not saying it's not real, but lately have they measured how close we are to the sun? Just saying, maybe we're getting closer to the sun. It would explain why more gasses are getting trapped in the ozone. That's just a theory, so don't think I'm a complete idiot ha.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:27 AM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamenceMaster View Post
If you're so convinced of this position, why don't you just kill yourself? I mean, there would be one less "big bad human" around to screw up the earth right?

Thank you for posting that. That made me lol, and it's quite true.

And I didn't really say how I thought the world will end in my last post.
Personally, I think it will have to do with us screwing ourselves over with some major nuclear warfare.
Or perhaps a massive invasion of aliens that will bomb our planet because we're not good enough for their sassy high standards.
If none of that happens, then I think we'll just slowly die from pollution and global warming.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Light_Sky Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Light_Sky

I belive the world will end sooner than you think.
I don't know but i just think it might end very soon.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
I belive the world will end sooner than you think.
I don't know but i just think it might end very soon.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surskit2k7 View Post
Mm. Yeah, scientists have proved that the sun will expand and bake the earth.

But they also think that before that, the sun will erupt a MASSIVE Solar Storm that will plumet the world into darkness and strip our ozone layer away, causing a mass exition of humans. The first one will happen, the second MIGHT.
Heard about that from reading books. Will it happen? Or will it not? It's highly possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
Secondly, Global Warming is a load of bullshit worked up by all the liberals in the world. Glomal warming is not a threat, nor is it caused by humans. It has been proven by the correct, non-liberal scientists that global warming is part of a cycle. The earth goes into an ice age, comes out, then goes back into one. The timespan is so large, we are still coming out from the previous ice age. So it is totally natural.
Yup. I completely agree with this. I don't believe in the Al Gore/Liberal theory of Global Warming, but I believe in a completely natural Global Warming we can do absolutely nothing about. I've considered many possibilities: The sun baking the Earth, the Earth crumbling out of the blue, a reverse Ice Age, and several others. Some make sense, some don't. But billions of us do know one thing; the end is drawing near.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:10 AM
eerie Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to eerie

The sun will burn the Earth eventually. I think God said he'd end the world with fire. But we should make an effort to rid the world of pollution and steal ice from uninhabited planets.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

I'd be rather disappointed if the world ended in 2012. I graduate in 2009.

On a serious note, though, I don't quite care how the world ends as long as I don't die painfully. Selfish as it sounds, I'd rather vaporize and not know what happened than know for sure that I'm damned. Or something.

Hope that made the slightest inkling of sense.

Murkrow
Done: 800
Old 06-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Originally Posted by eerie View Post
The sun will burn the Earth eventually. I think God said he'd end the world with fire. But we should make an effort to rid the world of pollution and steal ice from uninhabited planets.
To get the ice, we'd have to use rockets. Rockets use a giant ammount of fuel, creating more pollution. Then we'd barely be able to bring back any ice. Rocketships aren't all that big. =P

Plus, we can make our own ice. Why steal it?

To get maybe a couple tons of ice, it would cost billions of dollars, and multiple decades following your idea, with out current technologies. And I doubt we will have any MAJOR changes anytime soon.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Eurgh. This is dumb. How can you predict something so huge as the end of the world? >>;
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 06-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Yggdrasill Offline

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

The World will come to an end, and that's a fact, but it's not so soon. Personally, I'm not really bothered about the End of World, it's beyond my lifetime. Some people may say "What about your children? They'll have to suffer the consequences!", all I have to say about that is; and? I can't do anything about it, and if it were that simple to stop Global Warming from progressing then we'd have done something about it by now.

The point is, I don't believe anyone can predict the end of the world, and I don't even believe Global Warming is 100% going to happen. As that would be predicting how the world will end.