Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 PM
whatever Offline

Question 26 UNOWN=MEW in GSC

A friend of mine told me that if u catch all 26 different "letters" of UNOWN in GSC, MEW will appear in a patch of grass. This is the patch of grass to the left of the cave which contained pokemon with lvl's in the 60's as well as MEWTWO at lvl 70 in the old games but no longer exists in GSC. My friend claims that MEW is lvl 70 and is, like MEWTWO. Is he telling the truth, or pulling my leg? If MEW does not, does it show up somewhere else? Or does it not show up at all?
Old 05-22-2008, 04:11 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Online
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: 26 UNOWN=MEW in GSC

No, that's not true. The Unown have nothing to do with Mew, and getting them all won't do anything except allow you to print out messages in Unown font using the Gameboy Printer.

There is a glitch to get Mew in Red, Blue and Yellow which can be found here. But to get Mew officially, you had to go to a Nintendo Event.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:20 PM
whatever Offline

Question Re: 26 UNOWN=MEW in GSC

Quote:
There is a glitch to get Mew in Red, Blue and Yellow which can be found here. But to get Mew officially, you had to go to a Nintendo Event.
Is Gameshark needed for this glitch, or can it be done without Gameshark?

And while we are on the topic of the UNOWN, I noticed an inaccessible cave entrance/exit in the west portion of the Ruins of Alph. It is to the northwest of two ledges at the southern end of the ruins. What's in there, and how do u get there, for that matter?

Last edited by whatever; 05-22-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Another question
Old 05-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Cool Re: 26 UNOWN=MEW in GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
Is Gameshark needed for this glitch, or can it be done without Gameshark?

And while we are on the topic of the UNOWN, I noticed an inaccessible cave entrance/exit in the west portion of the Ruins of Alph. It is to the northwest of two ledges at the southern end of the ruins. What's in there, and how do u get there, for that matter?
No, you can perform this glitch ithout a gameshark, I caught Mew through this glitch 4 years ago and it works perfectly.

That entrance leads you to another puzzle, solve it & you'll unlock some Unowns, you get there by flying to Azalea Town, move at a bearing of 90 degrees due east, enter the cave throughwhich you accessed Azalea Town while you were traviling from Violet City (earlier in game), after entering, head west until you bump into the walls, go up, you'll see a ladder, climb up/down (whatever the ladder indicates) and you'll end up in a place where you'll find an accessible pond, surf through it and you'll see the cave opening, go outside and you're there!
Old 05-23-2008, 08:27 PM
whatever Offline

Lightbulb Re: 26 UNOWN=MEW in GSC

Thx! one more question. Does the glitch-caught Mew show up in RBY and GSC pokedexes?

I must have been there and solved the puzzle, cuz i've captured all 26 UNOWN letters.

Last edited by whatever; 05-23-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:47 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Yeah, it shows up in the Pokedex.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:50 PM
whatever Offline

Is the Mew safe to trade to blue or yellow or the GSC games?
Old 05-25-2008, 04:02 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Yep, it's safe as it's a glitch and caught legitly.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:31 PM
whatever Offline

One more thing, what action causes the guy with the Pidgeot in Celadon city to give u the HM02:Fly?
Old 05-25-2008, 02:01 PM
PsygirlGTA54 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
One more thing, what action causes the guy with the Pidgeot in Celadon city to give u the HM02:Fly?
erm,doing this will not get you fly, but to get it you must go west of Celadon City and just before entering cycling road, there is a tree that can be cut down. Cut it down and explore that area until you reach a house. The lady(or man,I can't remember...)will give you HM02 FLY.
I claim Psyduck
Old 07-08-2008, 08:11 PM
miss_pikagirl666 Offline

Send a message via MSN to miss_pikagirl666

i remember i heard that once from a guy i was tradin with
i belived him and sat there and caught every single UNOWN
i went into the small patch of grass and no mew!

all that hard work for nothin