Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:12 PM
poke123 Offline

Default Big Spoiler about Wallace Cup

May vs. Dawn in the finals of the Wallace Cup
They tied when the time ran out and Dawn won!

I can't believe it! This is so stupid. May and her Glaceon should have won. I can't believe May didn't win. She's so much more experienced.

What do you guys think?
Old 05-16-2008, 09:49 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Re: Big Spoiler about Wallace Cup

I thought professional wrestling at times is messed up...this is a new one in screwups to have like a draw and Dawn wins? Obviously to me...they probably asked May if she wanted the egg, she declined so Dawn got the egg, which is Swinub since this is a spoiler.

It's like a replay of May vs. Ash and both may and Ash drew...and they got to split the ribbon. Guess you can't split an egg can you?
Old 05-16-2008, 10:07 PM
poke123 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
I thought professional wrestling at times is messed up...this is a new one in screwups to have like a draw and Dawn wins? Obviously to me...they probably asked May if she wanted the egg, she declined so Dawn got the egg, which is Swinub since this is a spoiler.

It's like a replay of May vs. Ash and both may and Ash drew...and they got to split the ribbon. Guess you can't split an egg can you?
well i didnt see any egg in the pictures of the new episode, so i dont think that the egg was a prize

and about Ash tying with May, he is a really good trainer and has seen a lot of May's contests so he knew how to preform

but i cant believe May lost. She probably went easy on Dawn. Glaceon seemed really sad that he or she ( i dont know which Glaceon is) lost the contest.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:58 PM
ssquaderi Offline
Experienced Trainer

i knew it

if u read my thread on unsure spoiler dawn vs may and swinub i predicted that dawn would win and thus get the egg.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:04 AM
poke123 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquaderi View Post
i knew it

if u read my thread on unsure spoiler dawn vs may and swinub i predicted that dawn would win and thus get the egg.
yea i read it and i expected Dawn to win because she was overdue for a win
but she didnt get an egg
Old 05-17-2008, 06:07 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Hmmm, curious about that one...I was sure Dawn would get an egg...maybe it's in another event. Kind of strange she got a ribbon....would've been ironic if she and May split the medal.

That was some dress May wore...interesting. Boy, sometimes the way May and Dawn go at it in contest, makes you wonder who is entering: The girls...or the Pokemon.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:54 PM
pikachufan25 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to pikachufan25

If this a draw, how does Dawn win? Last time I checked a draw means no one wins or losses, oh well. Dawn only got the egg, because what sense would it make for May to win the egg anyway?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:11 AM
poke123 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachufan25 View Post
If this a draw, how does Dawn win? Last time I checked a draw means no one wins or losses, oh well. Dawn only got the egg, because what sense would it make for May to win the egg anyway?
well for some reason Wallace decided that Dawn won. She didnt get an egg.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:01 PM
FabuVinny Offline
New Trainer

It wasn't a draw. Dawn ended with just slightly more points than May.

It doesn't seem right that a newbie should beat May after what we saw of her abilities at the Grand Festival but May was still better at handling a newly evolved Pokémon than Dawn. But, as the main character, Dawn had to get the ribbon and the writers managed to pull off more realistically than the contest with Brock.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:10 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabuVinny View Post
It wasn't a draw. Dawn ended with just slightly more points than May.

It doesn't seem right that a newbie should beat May after what we saw of her abilities at the Grand Festival but May was still better at handling a newly evolved Pokémon than Dawn. But, as the main character, Dawn had to get the ribbon and the writers managed to pull off more realistically than the contest with Brock.
I got to give them a hand....I thought Obama and Hilliary was entertaining. Least May and Dawn were both nicer then the candidates. Of course you wonder in a contest like that for a date with Ash and May and Dawn wore dresses like that...think Ash would choose them...or Pikachu?:crack up:

I do agree on the part since Dawn is the main character and May is only a guest character, star character has to get the ribbon, even if the contest didn't end as we expected it to and it didn't make a lot of sense. That's why I called it for Dawn, not as a means of disrespect to May, but Dawn is the star of the show and not May.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:02 PM
poke123 Offline

It really sucks though
if Dawn had won her last contest then May would have definitely won this one, hands down

i think may is a much better character than Dawn
Old 06-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Sadistic Blaziken Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poke123 View Post
It really sucks though
if Dawn had won her last contest then May would have definitely won this one, hands down

i think may is a much better character than Dawn
May is a way better character than Dawn. No doubt. I agree. ;^P
...This is a very good question, as I have many siblings.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:38 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

What is it with replacements that has everybody all upset? It happens all the time on shows--Dallas replaced Miss Eillie, wrote out Bobby Ewing. Dynasy recast the character Steven Character and wrote out a few stars. Charlie's Angels had cast changes, Laverne acted without Shirley, and Richie left Happy Days...yet those shows didn't suffer as you think Pokemon suffers because Misty/May got written out. Just because Dawn wears a very different attire, why does that make her a bad girl? It's her outfit of choice, and it shouldn't mean she's a bad character in it. We fans have to learn not to assume anything. Least Dawn doesn't yell at Ash. Dawn's troubles in the contest are not her fault. We have to stop with the Misty and May outbursts and accept Dawn as the character and remember a character like Misty and May MAY NOT return ever to the Pokemon because Pokemon is about that...Pokemon, not about who Ash would love. I'll admit I'd like to see something like who Ash likes, but Pokemon is not like that at all on the show and the game. The purpose of Pokemon is to be the Master...not turn into a soap opera series.

Please, stop the mindless bashing of Dawn. it makes me sad people talk mean of a nice girl. I'd be honored to meet a nice girl like Dawn.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:58 AM
Sadistic Blaziken Offline
Master Trainer

Red face Re: Big Spoiler about Wallace Cup

I'm not trying to insult Dawn, I'm just playing favorites. Dawn is a better character in some ways, and if she doesn't even get five ribbons in time for the Grand Festival, that'll be more interesting than what happened to May. (after all, she only has two ribbons, and in Japan even, which is five billion episodes ahead of us. -_-)
I do like May better, though, but that might just be because she got Blaziken.
...This is a very good question, as I have many siblings.