Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default Re: how many people like naruto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
I'd say about a year and a half because they have to finish the original first in America.
But they really have to catch up the manga with the anime.
maybe it might end a little sooner because they show two new episodes a week. i hope that happens.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:17 AM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Do you people honestly want my opinion on the this rubbish so called 'anime'?. 2/10.
It only got the 2 because of the Sauske Retrieval Ark and The Chunin Exams. Seriously this anime suck horse feet :(. There are way better anime out there then this.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
Do you people honestly want my opinion on the this rubbish so called 'anime'?. 2/10.
It only got the 2 because of the Sauske Retrieval Ark and The Chunin Exams. Seriously this anime suck horse feet :(. There are way better anime out there then this.
well thats ok, everyone has their own oppion(sp?).
Old 05-25-2008, 02:30 PM
PsygirlGTA54 Offline
Experienced Trainer

I like naruto, but there are way better anime out there, like Bleach and Black Cat!
6/10
I claim Psyduck
Old 05-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsygirlGTA54 View Post
I like naruto, but there are way better anime out there, like Bleach and Black Cat!
6/10
i like naruto better then bleach, but bleach it still a good show, but i never heard of Black Cat.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Nevermore Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I have a sneaking suspicion that Skullz has ever actually read the manga.

Darn you crappy english dub!

I like the characters a lot, the plot...eh, so so. The manga's a lot better than the anime, honestly. I'm aware than some people can't read japanese and can't get very far into the manga, (I being one of the people who can't.) but that's no reason to say it's bad, it's actually quite god when describing human characteristics.

Of course, it'll never be a fourth as good as FMA.

But then, all people have their opinions, I for one hate Death Note, but some people may like it. I don't hate them for it.

{{++Tigerstar++}}
Where Two Wrongs Do Not Make A Right

Old 05-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Byakuya Offline
New Trainer

I watch Naruto and read the Manga but for the past few episodes its just been fillers im just waiting for the Hidan and Kakuza arcs that sould be intertaining.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:36 AM
PsygirlGTA54 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Ochima View Post
i like naruto better then bleach, but bleach it still a good show, but i never heard of Black Cat.
Black Cat is about this bounty hunter named Train who goes around and kills people for money! Fun!
I claim Psyduck
Old 05-26-2008, 03:42 AM
Psychic Oats Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Psychic Oats

How many people like Naruto? Mmm, that's a hard one... I'd have to estimate somewhere in the tens of millions, but it's probably much higher.

Now, on a less literal note, I enjoy Naruto. The person who said the anime "sucks feet", or whatever, isn't putting the whole thing into perspective. Really, if you look at the characters, they both incredibly well developed as well as extremely unique. I'd even venture to say that you'd be hard-pressed to find a show in which there is such a colorful cast of characters.

Those people who call Naruto a terrible show are those who see Naruto and think, "Ah, an action anime. It must focus on fighting and nothing else. Ever." And... those people are wrong. ;3
Old 05-26-2008, 04:53 AM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged Charmander View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that Skullz has ever actually read the manga.

Darn you crappy english dub!

I like the characters a lot, the plot...eh, so so. The manga's a lot better than the anime, honestly. I'm aware than some people can't read japanese and can't get very far into the manga, (I being one of the people who can't.) but that's no reason to say it's bad, it's actually quite god when describing human characteristics.

Of course, it'll never be a fourth as good as FMA.

But then, all people have their opinions, I for one hate Death Note, but some people may like it. I don't hate them for it.

{{++Tigerstar++}}
I read the manga, frequently to be correct. I just don't like the anime. THe dub voices suck for 1, and 2, No Kakashi Gaiden, with that in the anime, I lost all respect for it.

@Psychic Oats: Oh yes, they so incredibly unqiue from other anime. Boy has some demon hidden inside him, has a bad boy emo rival/teamate who goes evil, and a girl teamate who won't stop crying over the lil' punk teamate that left to 'avenge' his clan.

Last edited by Synester; 05-26-2008 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:53 AM
Nevermore Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
I read the manga, frequently to be correct. I just don't like the anime. THe dub voices suck for 1, and 2, No Kakashi Gaiden, with that in the anime, I lost all respect for it.

@Psychic Oats: Oh yes, they so incredibly unqiue from other anime. Boy has some demon hidden inside him, has a bad boy emo rival/teamate who goes evil, and a girl teamate who won't stop crying over the lil' punk teamate that left to 'avenge' his clan.
To tell you the truth, if the only Naruto there was was the english dub, I'd never watch it in my life.

And the characters are unique, here let me give you an example...

GAARA

The first time we see Gaara, we take him as someone violent, uncaring, a villain even. He's not anywhere near emotional, rather un-emotional, really, so we can't call him emo.

Now some anti-naruto people who haven't read very far or seen very much may argue, "But that's stupid, to have a normal character that's like that."

Let's investigate Gaara's condition a little further.

Before Gaara’s birth, a policy change by the feudal lord of the Wind country forced the village to reduce the number of ninja. Gaara’s father the Kazekage decided that quality should exceed quantity. He chose to use an old weapon of war, a bijuu, which had been imbued into two former Sand ninja in the past.

At his demand, one of Hidden Sand’s elder kunoichi's, a profoundly skilled woman by the name Chiyo sealed this weapon known as Shukaku into the unborn son of the Kazekage’s wife, Karura. Transferring it from the tea kettle it was held in, Gaara was imbued with the Shukaku, making him what many call a "Jinchuuriki", or "power of human sacrifice”. The term originates from the immense abilities that the subject wields, but at the loss of another human’s life. In this case, it was Karura who lost her life as her son was born. Furious about how she was to lose her life for the sake of a weapon, she named her baby in an accursed way. The name "Gaara" itself could be broken down to "A demon that loves only itself", a reflection of his inhuman nature and his status in the village as a weapon and nothing more.

Gaara grew up isolated, as the Shukaku came with more than just the loss of Karura as a price. Having been bonded so closely to Gaara, his will was ever-present in Gaara’s mind. His murderous nature instilled a violent mean streak in Gaara, further isolating him and shutting him off from the world socially. In addition, the Shukaku’s abilities generated an almost sentient and instinctive shield of sand that automatically protected Gaara from physical harm, even when he was the instigator, something Gaara himself realized when he never got cut and bled. Emotionally and physically shut away from everyone and everything, Gaara had no real friends, even with his immediate family looking down at him scornfully. The only person Gaara had come to be able to trust eventually was his uncle, Yashamaru, who educated him on some of the most basic human emotions that he would otherwise never learn.

One fateful night, Gaara was attacked from behind by an avalanche of kunai. Even though he was blind to the danger, his shield of sand protected him and wounded the attacker. Upon investigation, he saw the masked assassin was Yashamaru, who said the one who ordered the strike was none other than his father the Kazekage, who had deemed Gaara a failure as a weapon due to his instability. Yashamaru also confided that while he could have refused to carry out the assassination, he chose to take it willingly for Gaara's part in his sister's death. In his last moments, he activated a mass of exploding tags beneath his flak jacket in an attempt to take Gaara with him. Due to the sand shield, Gaara survived. His mind snapped due to the emotional torrent his immature mind was being burdened with. He wailed in agony and directed his sand to his forehead, carving the kanji "ai" or "love" into it, forever marking his body to remind himself of his new approach to life, to love only himself and fight only for himself.

Not deterred, the Kazekage ordered further assassinations towards Gaara, but every one met in failure. Gaara had learned to finally be the weapon he was intended, but he still retained his mental instabilities. He could never sleep for fear of the Shukaku’s influence on his unconscious mind. Some labeled it as the Shukaku "eating away at his personality". In truth, Shukaku’s personality replaced his, possessing Gaara’s body. Gaara never knew the full truth of the demon inside him. Believing that the blood of his victims that mixed with his sand strengthened him, or how he was possessed by the corrupted spirit of a priest of sand. For all the bravado, Gaara never rebelled against his father, welcoming the challenge of each life-or-death situation he was placed in as a confirmation of his existence.

To add to that, I'll post this.
Evanesence ftw.
Now try to argue about character developement and uniqueness.

{{++Tigerstar++}}
Where Two Wrongs Do Not Make A Right

Last edited by Nevermore Wolf; 05-26-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:16 AM
SuperSmashBrawl Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to SuperSmashBrawl

Character Development and Originality...I'm in.

Okay, for Character Development, there is a WHOLE lot of development, I'll go over one in particular.

The first is Naruto Uzumaki, the title character of course :3. In the very beginning of the Anime/Manga, he is a childish rascal who constantly plays perverted tricks on people. He doesn't take his studies seriously, and wants everybody's attention. He can't get over the fact that everybody hates him, and until Mizuki interferes, he doesn't know why. Of course, Mizuki's interference is the only thing that gets him to change.

Towards the end of the Land of the Waves arc, Naruto begins to shape into the hero we see today. He is still crazy about Sakura, and insanely jealous of Sasuke. However, he has shown-up his rival during the fight with Haku. Even with his bloodline trait, Sasuke could not defeat the Crystal Ice Mirrors. Naruto transforms into the Kyuubi, and blasts it out of the sky. This basically puts Naruto and Sasuke's skills at an even level, considering the huge gap at the start. Which then brings us to the point Naruto surpasses his rival.

Its during the Invasion of Konoha that we truly see Naruto's skills. After training with Jiraiya, he challenges Gaara. If anybody remembers that, even with the added boost the Curse Mark gave him, Sasuke couldn't beat Gaara when he was only half transformed. Naruto, however, was able to defeat Gaara without the Kyuubi's aide. When Gaara was finally injured, he called out the Shukaku, which Naruto had to rely on the Kyuubi's chakra to summon Gamabunta and win the battle. After this, Sasuke is definetely sore. In fact, the only thing he has over Naruto is the Chidori.

But, of course, we all know Naruto gains an Anti-Chidori technique. His personality truly takes a turn for the better from the Tsunade arc onwards. Not only does he convince a two Sannin to give him what he wants(He got Jiraiya to teach him the Rasengan, and he convinced Tsunade to become the 5th Hokage). He is then able to learn an A-rank jutsu in less than a week. He even uses it as a projectile, throwing Kabuto into a wall while still trapped in the sphere. When Naruto returns, this is the part where, as you put it, Sasuke truly becomes the emo, as Skullz put it.

In the Rescue Sasuke Arc, Naruto completely leaves behind his humourous attention-whoring ways. He is now serious, with the lone goal of saving Sasuke driven into his skull. This is the very moment in the entire series, now and in the future, that'll exist in everybody's heads the entire time. This serious drive has become Naruto's reason to live, his Ninja Way. In less than a year, he's become a true ninja, and thankfully, he keeps this serious personality in Shippuden(Hurricane Chronicles for you English nubs :P).

That's all I have to say...
Old 05-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

man alot of people said alot of strong opinions. but if anyone didnt see the naruto shippuuden episodes, then you should go watch them on youtube. Sakura is so awsome in them.

Last edited by Kei Ochima; 05-26-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:13 AM
Okami-Chan Offline

Send a message via MSN to Okami-Chan

To tell you the truth, I think it's overrated. I watched all the episodes in Japanese up to around Shippuuden 13, I believe.

The beginning was good, then it went straight to crap, and then Shippuuden came in and skyrocketed my interest. But then I never got around to watching the rest of the episodes =P
For the whole, I'd give it a 6.5/10, I guess.
I prefer anime like Lucky Star. That has to be my all-time favorite.

是自由的、飛翔。
Old 05-29-2008, 01:18 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami-Chan View Post
To tell you the truth, I think it's overrated. I watched all the episodes in Japanese up to around Shippuuden 13, I believe.

The beginning was good, then it went straight to crap, and then Shippuuden came in and skyrocketed my interest. But then I never got around to watching the rest of the episodes =P
For the whole, I'd give it a 6.5/10, I guess.
I prefer anime like Lucky Star. That has to be my all-time favorite.
yeah i really like the shippuuden episodes. the ones that they show in tv are such a drag right now.