Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 05-12-2005, 10:01 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pokemon XD: Dark Winds Dark Lugia!

Pokemon XD: Dark Winds Dark Lugia!
-05/12/05-

Coro Coro Magazine has revealed images of Pokemon XD: Dark Winds Dark Lugia, for the Nintendo GameCube. You can view the entire magazine pages below.

Release Date
Japan: August 4, 2005
US: 2005

Interview with Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing - Reggie Fils-Aime
Back in March 2005, IGN interviewed Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing. This is what he had to say about Pokemon XD when asked about it:

IGNcube: Finally, what is Pokemon XD?
Reggie: Pokemon XD is a brand new Pokemon game for GameCube. It's a true RPG Pokemon. It's isn't a sequel to Collosseum. It's a brand new build. A brand new game that really plays off the RPG aspects. So think of it this way. If you loved Ruby and Sapphire, you're going to love Pokemon XD for GameCube.

Pokemon XD at E3
Nintendo of America announced at the Game Developers Conference on Wednesday that Pokemon XD will be released in the US this year. Although a specific date is not yet available.

Pokemon XD is expected to be featured in this years E3, which will be held on May 17th - May 20th at Los Angeles.

Related Links
Pokemon XD Page
Nintendo.com's Pokemon XD Page - Pokemon XD
IGN Intereview with Reggie Fils-Aime - http://cube.ign.com/articles/594/594834p1.html
The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) - http://www.e3expo.com/

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 05-13-2005, 01:15 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia
Default Re: Pokemon XD: Dark Winds Dark Lugia!

Ah, sweet irony... The concept rocks! Pokemon fans have been demanding that even BEFORE Stadium 1 came out! But noooo Nintendo goes for stupid money grubbers like the stadium series...

And now that such a game really comes out, the best they could do is name it in such as way as if it's laughing at itself... pro >_>

Pokemon XD... makes me want to XD myself

XD
Old 05-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

Meowth and Skitty had BETTER be in this game.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:00 AM
Umbreon Shadow Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Yeah Eevee! Hope you can get Umbreon!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Hmmm Houndoom, T-Tar, Dragonite, Flygon...some of the other Pokemon that better be in this game. >_> They should make all 386 available, but I wonder if they did...

And if Nintendo would ONLY make the GC able to go online...could you imagine a Pokemon game like Halo? *Drool.* You could make teams and stuff and hold tournies and all sorts of stuff. But, that'll be the day...*Heavy sigh.* Nintendo does not know the heart's desire of most of us.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 05-13-2005, 02:14 AM
manectrics_shockwave Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to manectrics_shockwave Send a message via Yahoo to manectrics_shockwave

I'd be cool if they let you pick your starter out of every non-legendary first form pokemon.

Banner Thanks To Defense.2
Old 05-13-2005, 02:23 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyraintar_Trainer
Hmmm Houndoom, T-Tar, Dragonite, Flygon...some of the other Pokemon that better be in this game. >_> They should make all 386 available, but I wonder if they did...

And if Nintendo would ONLY make the GC able to go online...could you imagine a Pokemon game like Halo? *Drool.* You could make teams and stuff and hold tournies and all sorts of stuff. But, that'll be the day...*Heavy sigh.* Nintendo does not know the heart's desire of most of us.
It did take then 3 and a half generations before realizing a 3D RPG would be a good idea... Maybe another 3 and a half before they realize making it online would own =P
Old 05-13-2005, 02:32 AM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

Just cracking me up in this thread today Mana. =P

It's about time, but knowing Nintendo...it'll be extreamly childish. =\ Oh well, I'm still buying it. =P it'll give me a reason to find my gamecube...*lost it in his room a long time ago*
Old 05-13-2005, 02:52 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Yeah, and choosing your starter from a bigger list would be cool too.

And I just realized this: Dark Winds.....sounds like the after-effects of a big beefy dude eating five cans of REALLY bad beans. *Shudder.*

Thoughts: God Almighty that's a scary thought >_>...

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 05-13-2005, 03:16 AM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

TTrainer, I'm pretty sure you're the only one who was thinking that until now... O_o
Old 05-13-2005, 03:57 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Yeah, you're probably right. <_<

If my post gives anyone nightmares, I'm sorry. ^_^

It DOES sound kinda...corny though, don't it? Why not just Dark Winds or just Pokemon XD (which is not much better, but to put all this in the same title? >_>)?

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 05-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Dragon Lover Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Dragon Lover

Woah a real pokemon RPG on game cube! This is gonna be so cool. If they let us pick any first form non-legendary pokemon..nice...but what if they dont..then what starters are they gonna do? or is it gonna be like colloseum where you cant pick you starter....
Old 05-13-2005, 04:07 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyraintar_Trainer
Yeah, you're probably right. <_<

If my post gives anyone nightmares, I'm sorry. ^_^

It DOES sound kinda...corny though, don't it? Why not just Dark Winds or just Pokemon XD (which is not much better, but to put all this in the same title? >_>)?
And I just happen to read this while eating lunch at work... >_>

lol, nice though, maybe lugia ate some bad beans, became evil, and is trying to conquer the world by farting, and you, along with your smellproof (new trait :o) pokemon, will go up against it! :X

And Pokemon Winds sounds better than XD >_> maybe XD means eXtreme Diarrea or something lol
Old 05-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

To the dragon lover poster above me:
In the overused way of many a fanfic, you starter will be Eevee in this game, or so I heard *sigh* If one more game comes out with that starter I think I will snap. It was okay in the terms of one game, but it is wearing thin for me..
I'd love to start out with something overlooked and underrated if only to show that I could.
Picture it: "The epic tale of a poor trainer that no one said would ever make it, claws their way up in the battling world with a Magikarp and a prayer !"

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 05-13-2005 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

I've been wondering... The information given long ago, and the information given currently seem to contradict themselves...

What Reggie said was that if you love Ruby and Sapphire, then you'll love Pokemon XD. Such wouldn't be true unless it had at least all that RS had in terms of plot and the like; Gyms, Wild Pokemon, etc.

The information recently released shows signs of it being just like Colosseum (In which case, Reggie would have said "If you like Colosseum, then you'll love Pokemon XD"); ie. Shadow Pokemon, Snag Machine, etc.

So, which is it exactly? How do we know if it is the true RPG we've been waiting for? Could the fact that 1vs1 battles exist be a clue that Wild Pokemon are available (Due to Wild Pokemon battling solo)?

EDIT: Mana, XD stands for "Xtra Dimension".

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist

Last edited by Zenaku; 05-13-2005 at 04:28 PM.