Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:43 PM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: Why don't people like homosexuals?

Truthfully, I don't like the whole aspect or idea of homosexuality, but as long as they keep the business away from work, I don't mind. The reason I say this is that there are quite a handful of homosexuals at where I work, so I'm used to working with them. To me, they're normal people with an unusual interest. But if they are willing to respect me being a Christian, then I respect them for being who they are.

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
Old 04-15-2008, 01:06 AM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
Truthfully, I don't like the whole aspect or idea of homosexuality, but as long as they keep the business away from work, I don't mind. The reason I say this is that there are quite a handful of homosexuals at where I work, so I'm used to working with them. To me, they're normal people with an unusual interest. But if they are willing to respect me being a Christian, then I respect them for being who they are.
You're saying their lifestyle is unusual and you expect them to respect you? High five.

It doesn't work like that.

This suit is black not.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
You may be right about those, the person did not choose his sexual stand himself, it may have been there when he was borned. However, I do take offense do the quote above. Just because you hate it and start a discussion, it doesn't mean that you can be so blunt about the religion choices.
Here's the thing mate, people think that people are born with choices, fears, decisions, well, they're wrong. Sure. People are born with whatever colour hair and eyes. That's about it. People aren't born with phobias. Something caused them trauma. You can't be born and afraid of homosexuals. I don't think you can be born a homosexual. You have a preference, although it is your absolute decision whether or not to go by that preference. I only learnt what they ever WERE in about... Grade 3-4. Something influences that decision to be afraid or scared of them.

Religion makes you believe that loving the same sex is a wrong, or a sin. I think religion is wrong with it's ways of showing their principles. I'm not biased in any way. I don't hate homosexuals. I don't hate religion. I have my opinion and they are; Homosexuals need rights and their own opinion and that Religion is stupid and damns everything they don't fully understand or something they THINK is wrong. I just don't like it when people condemn other people for liking the same sex and thinking that they're unnatural and sinning and crap like that. I mean, really. They don't even KNOW the person. They are very nice people. They just don't like what you like. Big deal. Get over it. Stop listening to everything religion and all that other stuff people feed you via. a tube.
Take a look, back in the early centuries, religious clerics and priests and whatnot burnt Epileptics at the stake because, every time they had a seizure, they thought the devil possessed them. They burned innocent people because they thought they were 'vampires' or 'werewolves' or 'witches'. Most of the 'witch' cases were because they used old herbal remedies or something, or used some kind of herb/vegetable/fruit to ward off disease.

Ok. That was off topic. What made you think I hate homosexuals or religion anyway? I never say I hate it. I say I think it's ridiculous. That's my opinion.

I know that in Arabic countries, men are allowed to stone women to death for cheating on their husbands and stuff, what do they do to homosexual men/women I wonder. I shudder at the thought. Really, I'm posing a question, does anyone know punishments for gay relationships? I've seen protests and stuff against gay marriage in the UK and America and Australia, that's about it.

The Brood is growing!

Last edited by Stormdancer94; 04-15-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoTrainer View Post
You're saying their lifestyle is unusual and you expect them to respect you? High five.

It doesn't work like that.
What's wrong with saying people's styles of life are unusual? I would dare say that you would think my style of life is unusual. Why not? It's not even an attack. It's just telling you you're out of the norm. Whether or not you take offense at it is your own paranoia. I mean, if you're a homosexual, you should know that you're taking a route off the beaten track. It is unusual. Because it deviates from the normal course. Unless you're telling me homosexuality is the norm.

No, religion is just people's way of justifying right and wrong, as well as natural phenomena, so on and so forth. I seriously believe that religion was not really founded on God. I believe there is a God, but religion just warps everything so badly it's too hard to be sure who's really right and who's not. Of course, some stuff is universally accepted, but that's about it.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 04-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

People are afraid of what they aren't used to.

It's a fact of life. If you see someone with three arms, obviously you'll do a double-take, and be a bit wary, and less open than normal. I'm not saying you should discriminate, please, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that if people think homosexuality is unusual, then they should be allowed to think so without being jumped on. Personally, I have nothing against homosexuality, and a friend of mine (who is a guy) has a boyfriend. The three of us get along famously.

The thing is, once the concept of right and wrong is brought into this thing, everything is blown out of proportion. Religion promotes doing the right thing and being a good person. Yes, the early scriptures discriminated against homosexuality, and tradition has kept those scriptures alive. But just because someone is religious is no reason to say, "You hate gays."

I also think that people have to understand that Christianity is not the only religion that was once upon a time against homosexuality. Every religion founded way back when was against homosexuality, just as they were against witches/asuras. Why? Because no one understood what they were, so they were discriminated against. Like Neo said, things pass over, and soon homosexuality will no longer be such a big thing.

And as far as being hit on by guys being creepy. I'm going to have to disagree. When a guy compliments me on the way I look/act, I take it as a compliment, and move on. I don't pause and think "Oh dear, I'm being hit on by a gay." Similarly, I'd do the same if I was complimented by a girl.

You can't expect people to respect you if you are wary of them, but as long as you're not insulting or you don't discriminate, nothing should get between a friendship.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 04-15-2008, 02:31 PM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Why people don't like homosexuals? Simple:

People think it's wierd because they get attracted by their own sex. Most people find it normal to get someone from another sex.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Disruption Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Disruption

Alright, my thoughts.

To address the issue of homosexuality, I believe that people just FEAR anything that diverts from the norm. Whatever isn't "natural" to them is considered weird, therefore, most people believe they should criticize and/or attack it.

It happened with African Americans. People saw them as "different", so they thought they should be treated "differently".

If people saw everyone as equal no matter what their traits are (which is never going to happen), then we would have a magical perfect world full of rainbows and unicorns.

As to the aspect of religion that falls into this, I believe that is not morally right for any religion to attack a specific group of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Religion is for close-minded fools.

I don't need to worship a god or live under a certain faith to live a good life and be a good person. I believe in heaven, I believe in souls. I believe in some higher power. And I can believe all of this as I wish to without judging anyone.

That's what religion is, judgement. If a person is an ass, you treat them like an ass. If they're good, you treat them good. I don't have to pray at a church every Sunday to know that, and that's all I need.

Gays, blacks, taliban, trans-genders, I don't care. If you're a good person, then I do care.

Religion is why we have wars. Religion is why many die. In the name of God. Life is too short to live for a God. If there is one, he/she wants us to live for US. Life is too short to study the bible and crap. We'll get the answers when the time comes.
See, I agree with most of this. Except for the bolded part. As I just said. Prejudice against races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, etc, are born from that kind of talk.

You can't say religion is for close-minded fools, and then say that you aren't going to judge anyone. I'm not just picking on the, because many people do this exact same thing, many to a whole new level.

Personally, I don't believe in extreme worship. But I am just stating my opinion, and I don't want to criticize anyone who has a religion, because I respect you for you and your beliefs.

That's just my two cents.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disruption
To address the issue of homosexuality, I believe that people just FEAR anything that diverts from the norm. Whatever isn't "natural" to them is considered weird, therefore, most people believe they should criticize and/or attack it.
That pretty much sums up the answers to the thread title. Anyone want to argue against this?

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 04-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Treeky111 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Treeky111

It's unatural, it's weird, and it's just plain gross. I believe it is a sin. You'll have to tear out my lungs before you get me to become homosexual. That's one of the reasons I hate Obama.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Wisp Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Wisp

Well, you'll be seeing hell of a lot more of it. People have to start accepting them for who they are, not their sexuality.
It's judging. And that's plain wrong.
YES it's rather unusual
YES it's different
YES it's a sin?
I think thats taking it a little to far.
You don't get gays and lesbians saying straight people are wierd, they accept it. =S
Well, I speak for myself.

dA × vpp × urpg × twitter × gamertag: IchigoTako × MALEFICENT♥
Old 04-18-2008, 07:06 PM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zachattack Send a message via MSN to zachattack

Think of it this way.

You wouldn't call a person a different race than you weird or sinning.
You wouldn't call a person of a different religion weird or sinning.
You wouldn't call a woman (for instance) who works weird or sinning.

Why call a gay person weird or sinning, just because they look or do different things than you?

So much for a free country.

==
==

Last edited by zachattack; 04-18-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

And honestly, so what if it is a sin, as some Christians believe, you can still go to heaven even if you sin, so there isn't much of a point to having sins.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Disruption Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Disruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeky111 View Post
It's unatural, it's weird, and it's just plain gross. I believe it is a sin. You'll have to tear out my lungs before you get me to become homosexual. That's one of the reasons I hate Obama.
Okay, listen. I'm not bashing you for your opinion, but there are some things there that I need to respond to.

First off, NO ONE IS TRYING TO GET YOU TO BECOME A HOMOSEXUAL. (Bolded in quote)

Second, I have a feeling you do not like them because you know nothing about them. As I said before, you probably FEAR them for being different.

It may be gross to you, but that is just because it's DIFFERENT. I mean, I can understand if you are supporting your religion, but don't just go saying its gross because it's not 'your way'.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:43 PM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zachattack Send a message via MSN to zachattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disruption View Post
Okay, listen. I'm not bashing you for your opinion, but there are some things there that I need to respond to.

First off, NO ONE IS TRYING TO GET YOU TO BECOME A HOMOSEXUAL. (Bolded in quote)

Second, I have a feeling you do not like them because you know nothing about them. As I said before, you probably FEAR them for being different.

It may be gross to you, but that is just because it's DIFFERENT. I mean, I can understand if you are supporting your religion, but don't just go saying its gross because it's not 'your way'.
Indeed. I agree 100% this post. :3

Where did Obama say "lol guys, lets all be gay otherwise u suk"
I dont think he ever said that at all.

==
==
Old 04-18-2008, 11:02 PM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

Being proud of something that isn't an achievement is utterly foolish.

Showing your sexual fetishes in public will only fuel the general publics idea that homosexuality is a mental illness and a perversion. The gay rights movement should be about politics and society, not about sex.

I hate when they have gay pride parades or w/e.....especially in New York where I live. They're practically half nude in them. Then they expect the public to respect them. I dont think any parents want their children to see that.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Closed Thread