Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default Re: Why don't people like homosexuals?

Scott, like, freaking ripped the words straight out of my mouth.

A great number of people on earth are ignorant, close-minded idiots. They don't understand the concept of two men or two women loving each other and think it is just disgusting because they don't have any experience in it or knowledge about it.

Starkipraggy, you obviously don't know enough about it to support your opinion, and if you want to make idiotic statements that 'all gay people are transvestites' or 'no gay people should believe in god', then you are just as bad as the people I described above.

A small percentage of the actual gays in the world feel the need to dress up as the opposite gender, and even then they really wouldn't be classified as 'gays'. They were simply born into the wrong body, and there are several cases to support that.

As for the nod having a god thing, geez. I can guarantee you that God would care a million times more about having one of his children love him than about said individual being homosexual. God's main principle is love. Open a Bible. Also, and although I do go to church on a regular basis and believe in God, I believe that if God didn't want gays on this earth, then he wouldn't have created them that way or created that concept. It goes the same for whoever above me said that cussing is a sin.

People shouldn't be persecuted for loving someone. That is completely ridiculous and those that go on lynchings to kill homosexuals will find themselves in Hell a lot sooner than gays.

BRYCExKAT
Old 04-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
Scott, like, freaking ripped the words straight out of my mouth.

A great number of people on earth are ignorant, close-minded idiots. They don't understand the concept of two men or two women loving each other and think it is just disgusting because they don't have any experience in it or knowledge about it.

Starkipraggy, you obviously don't know enough about it to support your opinion, and if you want to make idiotic statements that 'all gay people are transvestites' or 'no gay people should believe in god', then you are just as bad as the people I described above.

A small percentage of the actual gays in the world feel the need to dress up as the opposite gender, and even then they really wouldn't be classified as 'gays'. They were simply born into the wrong body, and there are several cases to support that.

As for the nod having a god thing, geez. I can guarantee you that God would care a million times more about having one of his children love him than about said individual being homosexual. God's main principle is love. Open a Bible. Also, and although I do go to church on a regular basis and believe in God, I believe that if God didn't want gays on this earth, then he wouldn't have created them that way or created that concept. It goes the same for whoever above me said that cussing is a sin.

People shouldn't be persecuted for loving someone. That is completely ridiculous and those that go on lynchings to kill homosexuals will find themselves in Hell a lot sooner than gays.

Well Bryce just said everything that needed to be said about this topic :O
Old 04-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

There was a time when people were discriminated against simply because of skin color. And believe it or not, this was only forty years ago. Today, almost all people don't even think about interacting with people of different races. I have a feeling discrimination against homosexuals is going to go the same way in time, especially considering its even harder to tell.

The only thing the Roman Catholic church is doing is forcing people to berate them, and those that don't want to only end up leaving the following in the first place.

As for me, following God and Jesus Christ is the big picture of the Bible I follow and listen to. As a religion that's supposed to forgive, understand, and inspire, I don't see why so many Catholics are resorting to slander and violence against these people.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:12 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
There was a time when people were discriminated against simply because of skin color. And believe it or not, this was only forty years ago. Today, almost all people don't even think about interacting with people of different races. I have a feeling discrimination against homosexuals is going to go the same way in time, especially considering its even harder to tell.

The only thing the Roman Catholic church is doing is forcing people to berate them, and those that don't want to only end up leaving the following in the first place.

As for me, following God and Jesus Christ is the big picture of the Bible I follow and listen to. As a religion that's supposed to forgive, understand, and inspire, I don't see why so many Catholics are resorting to slander and violence against these people.
Well, I doubt you read my previous post, and I disagree with all religion, but at least you're open-minded about it and you can have your religion AND be human too. I like that.

^^^ Best PE2K ad ever.

[14/05/10 1:18:10 AM] Mitch: kenny
[14/05/10 1:18:12 AM] Mitch: real talk
[14/05/10 1:18:15 AM] Mitch: if we were both single
[14/05/10 1:18:16 AM] Kenny: sure

98% of teenagers drink alcohol before 16. Copy this to your signature if you waited until your 16th birthday to drink illegally.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Neo is right to some extent, though there will always be nuts. Much like there is still a KKK, there will be people who still discriminate and talk about how it's making them sinners. But for the most part it will be accepted, and those nuts will be looked down upon.

And "the," your view is close minded as well :-/. I'm religious and go to a church, but that doesn't mean I judge people. Besides, it seems you're judging people for what they believe in (calling them 'fools') when you said not to judge people.

Church is about more than just worshipping, it's a community of like-minded individuals helping each others out, etc. My own church collects money for those in the community who are hungry, need help, and my preacher is there if people have emotional problems (since he has a counseling degree as well). BUT that's a different debate for a different thread.

@poring: I changed it, but I love Eyeshield ^^. One of the best written mangas there is ...

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 04-14-2008, 01:30 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScottMan View Post
Neo is right to some extent, though there will always be nuts. Much like there is still a KKK, there will be people who still discriminate and talk about how it's making them sinners. But for the most part it will be accepted, and those nuts will be looked down upon.

And "the," your view is close minded as well :-/. I'm religious and go to a church, but that doesn't mean I judge people. Besides, it seems you're judging people for what they believe in (calling them 'fools') when you said not to judge people.

Church is about more than just worshipping, it's a community of like-minded individuals helping each others out, etc. My own church collects money for those in the community who are hungry, need help, and my preacher is there if people have emotional problems (since he has a counseling degree as well). BUT that's a different debate for a different thread.

@poring: I changed it, but I love Eyeshield ^^. One of the best written mangas there is ...
No, my opinion goes out to those who go to church and crucify gays.

I say it's foolish to judge people before you know them. But if you hate someone based on what a book says, a book that could of been edited a hundred times over the years, then I know you well enough to know you're an idiot.

I'm sorry if my statement is too easily interpreted as negative towards all people within religion. I hate religion itself, but not the good people who follow it.

And I will admit, my first sentence is a bit harsh.

^^^ Best PE2K ad ever.

[14/05/10 1:18:10 AM] Mitch: kenny
[14/05/10 1:18:12 AM] Mitch: real talk
[14/05/10 1:18:15 AM] Mitch: if we were both single
[14/05/10 1:18:16 AM] Kenny: sure

98% of teenagers drink alcohol before 16. Copy this to your signature if you waited until your 16th birthday to drink illegally.

Last edited by The Maple Syrup Baptist; 04-14-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:02 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
No, my opinion goes out to those who go to church and crucify gays.

I say it's foolish to judge people before you know them. But if you hate someone based on what a book says, a book that could of been edited a hundred times over the years, then I know you well enough to know you're an idiot.

I'm sorry if my statement is too easily interpreted as negative towards all people within religion. I hate religion itself, but not the good people who follow it.

And I will admit, my first sentence is a bit harsh.
Dude the Bible never says to hate gays....or crucify them? It says to love everyone even gays. We shouldnt judge them...God will deal with them.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:19 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
-headbang- I DID NOT MEAN THAT ALL GAYS ARE TRANVESTITES! HOW MANY TIMES MUST I REITERATE THIS!? SOME, NOT ALL. Like you said. I don't know the exact percentages. Now get off my back about that. And not that no gay people should believe in God, but if you really feel restricted by that, then don't believe in God. or something. In a rush.

Let's just put it this way: Even within specific groups, there are differing opinions. So it's especially wrong to discriminate against a broad group of people like homosexuals, simply because there're so many sub-groups within that group you can't count 'em all.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 04-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Poring Offline

Send a message via AIM to Poring

I actually thought the Catholic church didn't hate gays. They just disapprove of it. There are even Jesuit churches that welcome gays. I have never heard of the Vatican spreading messages for Catholics to hate them.

I may be misinformed. If so, it would be great if someone linked me to some article that contains all the information about the Roman Catholic church's stance on homosexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScottMan View Post
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of football, but I got hooked on it. Characters are really interesting in it.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:45 AM
kill_shot Offline
Elite Trainer

Christians Don't hate Homo's, atleast not my church---now we preach against it, because it's wrong, but just like sexual impurity, ect.....

now it just creeps me out no offense.....I hate the thought of guys----
or hitting on me ect....
Old 04-14-2008, 03:47 AM
Lucky Flareon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Lucky Flareon Send a message via MSN to Lucky Flareon

I think the biggest problem people have with people who are gay is that they are afraid of being hit on by someone of the same sex. For the most part, they don't hit on people they know are straight. I have quite a few gay friends, and they have all told me that when they hit on someone who is straight, they are embarassed.

People should just look past if somebody likes guys, girls, or both. Something like that shouldn't stand in the way of friendship, or even just being nice to them. It's not like they really have any choice in the matter.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:48 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_shot View Post
Christians Don't hate Homo's, atleast not my church---now we preach against it, because it's wrong, but just like sexual impurity, ect.....

now it just creeps me out no offense.....I hate the thought of guys----
or hitting on me ect....
That's stupid, because christians break the rules on fornicating all the time. =\ So it's prejudiced to keep some rules and not others.

If jesus could see the good in a prostitute, it's shameful for people who claim to follow him not to treat other folk with respect. If your god did it, why don't you?

This is really a typical new england attitude, anyway. =\ I swear the longer I go to college here, the more I see of people with opinion's like that. There's constant harassment of the poor gay kids, the crazy 'Campus Crusade for Christ" (and yeah, it does seem to be modelled after the crusaders), and general hate for other people are religions. =| When I had spent most of my life just in teh fairly diverse/tolerant Tristate area, I used to think that the whole US was like this. Now, I'm just waiting to get finished with college and move out of this country.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.

Last edited by FireflyK; 04-14-2008 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

I was under the impression God said; "Everyone is equal" somewhere. But who knows.

Why is loving the same sex a sin anyway? Why is it any different to loving/having sex with the oposite sex? Sure. We were raised to think that Male + Female = Normal. Not Male + Male = Normal. If we were, we'd think that Male + Female relationships were sin or something.

And killing homosexuals won't solve anything, Just shows that you're a big fat turd that needed to die instead.

The Brood is growing!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:36 PM
kill_shot Offline
Elite Trainer

I never said I hated homo's....
I just said the thought creeps me out.
and i've had gay guys check me out--very scary.
bad yeah i wouldn't let that get in the way of friendship.
and yeah I know of Christians who have commited sexual impurity.
they messed up just like anyone else, but have changed.
of course I know some, who are bad though.......
but yeah, we're all equal, and some make worse mistakes than others, but as long as you in the end are honestly sorry--it doesn't matter----
now I'm not saying you can be like, well I'll be forgiven, so I guess I'll kill that man.
bang-he's dead---Gee God, I am sorry--
doesn't work that way jack
Old 04-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
No. I'm not gay or Bisexual. But I hate it when people think it's 'unnatural' or a 'sin'. Those idiots can go to where ever your version of the Christian 'hell' is.
You may be right about those, the person did not choose his sexual stand himself, it may have been there when he was borned. However, I do take offense do the quote above. Just because you hate it and start a discussion, it doesn't mean that you can be so blunt about the religion choices.