Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94
Default Why don't people like homosexuals?

I ask why? The Christian/Catholic Religion thinks it's sin. I think it's quite fine actually. What's wrong with it? Two people love each other. When was this a sin?

Sure, they're the same sex, but hey, nothing wrong with that, so, they have two of the same parts and can't have sex. (Well the guys can, but I won't go into that.) If they choose to adopt or use a sperm bank, it's just a little bit different for the child, sure, he/she might have two mothers or two fathers. Technically, it's just A Mother though.

It's funny though. Call a religious freak a lesbian/homo and they get REALLY offended! Really. That's insulting.

People should stand up for gays and lesbians. It's not sick or disgusting, it's just a different part of life. It's just why some people have black skin and others have white or tanned. Someone just finds the other sex appealing.

No. I'm not gay or Bisexual. But I hate it when people think it's 'unnatural' or a 'sin'. Those idiots can go to where ever your version of the Christian 'hell' is.

The Brood is growing!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: Why don't people like homosexuals?

This very issue is exactly why I renounced my Roman Catholic faith years ago.

Loving someone of the same sex doesn't make you a monster. Why people seem to think this, I will never understand.

Last edited by Seawolf; 04-13-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Because people are afraid of what they don't understand. Plus, some people are raised in a culture where 'gay' is one of the biggest insults and liking someone of the same gender is a deviance from the cultural norm.

Now don't start yelling at me, I have no personal problems :-/. But really, it's the same thing as any other sort of hate.

Racists, people mad at Christian's and thinking they're all bible toters who look down on everyone else, some people looking down on people who aren't in a religious group ... it's all the same hate, just directed at different people.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 04-13-2008, 02:19 AM
Pokemon493 Offline
Elite Trainer

I'm a catholic and I don't hate gays or anything like that, My friend actually hates gays and he actually showed me in the bible that God says Anyone who loves the same gender is forbidden or something like that but that's one of the reasons why I don't want to be a Catholic anymore.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Poring Offline

Send a message via AIM to Poring

I'm Catholic and I don't think homosexuality is wrong. :O Guess I'm a sinner. Ah well.

Actually, on the subject, a lot of straight people are afraid that they're homosexual. I wonder if homosexuals are afraid if they're straight? Just wondering.

Off-topic: ScottMan, nice ES21 sig. *thumbs up*
Old 04-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Dragon01 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Dragon01

I have no problem with homosexuals.

I think the only reason many people do not like them is because it isn't normal. Think about it a normal male would be attracted to the opposite sex. That is the reason why.

^Cred to Hihi^
Old 04-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon01 View Post
I have no problem with homosexuals.

I think the only reason many people do not like them is because it isn't normal. Think about it a normal male would be attracted to the opposite sex. That is the reason why.
It's just abnormal. See the quote.

I wouldn't really mind homosexuals really, but the thought of guys dressing up in revealing outfits makes me want to activate the Bright Finger to kill stuff.

Bright Finger: For when Erupting Burning Finger isn't burning brightly enough.

Also, it's pretty dumb how homos try to justify it's okay using the Bible. I mean, it's already EXPLICITLY stated that God doesn't like homos. And there're enough extremist freaks out there to enforce it. So, the better and more safe route to take would be to renounce their faith or something. I mean, if you really must be homo, why have a God that objects to what you think? It's your life. Take control of it. Don't get sad over how God doesn't like what you're doing if you're sure what you're doing is the right thing for your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScottMan
Plus, some people are raised in a culture where 'gay' is one of the biggest insults and liking someone of the same gender is a deviance from the cultural norm.
I think you should expand it to 'Many people are raised in a culture where 'gay' is one of the biggest insults'.

Disclaimer: I don't hate homos, my brain just burns at the idea of men dressing scantily.

Note: It's not just Catholics that think homosexuality is wrong. Most branches of Christianity think so.

EDIT: If, in future, homosexuality makes it that all girls like gays/other girls, I'll freak and start killing homos up, down, left and right. I wanna marry a straight girl. D: because I'm not homo.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader

Last edited by Starkipraggy; 04-13-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Wisp Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Wisp

All I can say for homosexuals.

Good for you.

They get a ton of crud for being who they are. Personally,
I think it's outrageous. People should be able to be who they are without
feeling pressured. It's like people want to mould you into something you're not.
And thats not right.

Good on you!

<3 Wisp

dA × vpp × urpg × twitter × gamertag: IchigoTako × MALEFICENT♥
Old 04-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
It's just abnormal. See the quote.

I wouldn't really mind homosexuals really, but the thought of guys dressing up in revealing outfits makes me want to activate the Bright Finger to kill stuff.

Not all homosexuals are transvestites. <.<

Bright Finger: For when Erupting Burning Finger isn't burning brightly enough.

Also, it's pretty dumb how homos try to justify it's okay using the Bible. I mean, it's already EXPLICITLY stated that God doesn't like homos. And there're enough extremist freaks out there to enforce it. So, the better and more safe route to take would be to renounce their faith or something. I mean, if you really must be homo, why have a God that objects to what you think? It's your life. Take control of it. Don't get sad over how God doesn't like what you're doing if you're sure what you're doing is the right thing for your life.

I think you should expand it to 'Many people are raised in a culture where 'gay' is one of the biggest insults'.

Disclaimer: I don't hate homos, my brain just burns at the idea of men dressing scantily.

Note: It's not just Catholics that think homosexuality is wrong. Most branches of Christianity think so.

EDIT: If, in future, homosexuality makes it that all girls like gays/other girls, I'll freak and start killing homos up, down, left and right. I wanna marry a straight girl. D: because I'm not homo.
So you would kill homosexuals even if they weren't involved in it? And you make it sound like homosexuals are trying to make others homosexual too.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
So you would kill homosexuals even if they weren't involved in it? And you make it sound like homosexuals are trying to make others homosexual too.
I know, but there are quite a few running around.

And what's with that "you would kill homosexuals even if they weren't involved in it"? I just said should, in future, all females be homosexual, I'll go crazy and become a mass-murderer. Because I want to marry a straight girl. XD

Ah never mind. Take it as a statement in jest, because it is.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 04-13-2008, 03:03 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Some dislike them because they believe they're sinning.
Some are just homophobic and are insecure.
Some don't care at all.
Some hate only the ones like Chris Crocker.

I fit in with the 4th category.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 04-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Black Fox of the Darkness Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Black Fox of the Darkness

I say good for you.
If god did not want them to like the same gender then why did he allow us to do it?Why did he give us free will?I think that it's perfectly fine.Just as long as they aren't my parents O:
On Topic:I actually know someone whos parents are Lesbian.They did not get him from a Sperm bank though,they just adopted him and were fine with it.I was suprised and he always goes."'Dude why are you so shocked that I have two moms?"
Old 04-13-2008, 05:17 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackness777 View Post
If god did not want them to like the same gender then why did he allow us to do it?Why did he give us free will?I think that it's perfectly fine
If god sins us for cursing, why were those words created?... Your thesis fails.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 04-13-2008, 07:29 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Religion is for close-minded fools.

I don't need to worship a god or live under a certain faith to live a good life and be a good person. I believe in heaven, I believe in souls. I believe in some higher power. And I can believe all of this as I wish to without judging anyone.

That's what religion is, judgement. If a person is an ass, you treat them like an ass. If they're good, you treat them good. I don't have to pray at a church every Sunday to know that, and that's all I need.

Gays, blacks, taliban, trans-genders, I don't care. If you're a good person, then I do care.

Religion is why we have wars. Religion is why many die. In the name of God. Life is too short to live for a God. If there is one, he/she wants us to live for US. Life is too short to study the bible and crap. We'll get the answers when the time comes.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
I ask why? The Christian/Catholic Religion thinks it's sin
Church changed its stance on that. They now say its a sin to have gay sex, not to be gay
Closed Thread