Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:32 PM
scalec Offline

Default Re: Jack's Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by miler567 View Post
Ch. 12 should be up tonite. I'm putting the finishing touches on it
This is going to be good, I can tell. Oooo! I'm shaking from excitment!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:46 PM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to miler567
Post Re: Jack's Quest

Ch. 12)

As Jack topped the last hill of the mountain path he could finally see Cerulean City. It was a large metropolis surrounded by stark blue water. “Let’s go Brandon! We’re almost there!”

Brandon was enjoying the hike, unlike Jack who had sprinted up to this point. “I’ll be up there in a second.” Brandon gave a small chuckle. He knew his dawdling was making Jack impatient.

“I’M SERIOUS! LET"S GO!” Jack was in an explicit hurry to get to the city so Brandon picked up his pace and caught up to Jack. A few minutes later the boys entered the city.

It smelled strongly of salt-water and in the distance Wingulls were squawking. At the end of the street there was a large black directory. Jack ran up to it and ran his finger along the column of building names. “Found it! Cerulean City gym is just around the corner!”

Jack peeled out faster than a Rapidash, leaving Brandon in his dust.

“Ummmm…Jack don’t you think you should train a little bit more before taking on a new gym?” Brandon called after him.

“Are you kidding? I dominated the last gym! I can handle it!”

Jack flung open the glass doors and found himself in what appeared to be a large ballroom. Brandon walked up beside Jack and whispered “I don’t think we’re in the right place…”

A door on the left hand side of the room opened and a young woman with ginger hair entered the ballroom. She was wearing what looked like a scuba suit. “Hi there! My name’s Misty. I’m the leader of the Cerulean City gym.”

Jack reached at a pokeball on his belt. “I challenge you to a battle!”

Misty gave him a funny look. “Not much for introductions are you? Well if you want a battle follow me.”

The gym leader walked over to a sliding glass door and pushed it open. Jack and Brandon followed her through and walked into a gigantic room with an Olympic size swimming pool in it. “Hey Brandon while I’m battling could you take Cubone?”

Brandon took the little brown pokemon from off Jack’s shoulder and put it in his knapsack. Cubone stuck its head out of the top of the bag eager to observe its master battle.

Jack walked to a platform at one end of the gym and looked out over the water. In the center of the pool there was a large green island to accommodate land based Pokemon.

A judge walked through a door in the side of the room. “This will be a two-on-two single battle between Jack Tripper of Cinnabar Island and Leader Misty of Cerulean City. This is for the Cascade Badge.”

“Ladies first...” Jack held his hand out, inviting Misty to make the first move.

“Fine then. Psyduck lets go!” Misty threw her pokeball onto the island and a yellow, pear-shaped pokemon with a bill came out.

Suddenly Jack heard an electronic voice coming out of his bag:

Psyduck, a water type. Psyduck uses the mysterious power of its mind to hypnotize its enemy. When its own headaches become unbearable, Psyduck lets loose with potent psychic energy.

“Since when could the pokecamera speak…?” Jack quickly brushed off the thought and pulled a pokeball off his belt. “Get after it Houndour!” Houndour’s hair bristled and it growled at the duck pokemon.

“Psyduck use scratch!” The yellow pokemon reached out and scratched Houndour on the nose. Houndour yelped but didn’t appear hurt.

“Houndour use quick attack!” Houndour took off running and became invisible to the naked eye. Suddenly it careened into Psyduck and knocked it off balance.

“Psyduck use Confusion!” Psyduck’s eyes turned purple and it swayed on its feet. “Houndour won’t be around much longer!” Misty had a repugnant smirk on her face.

Houndour, however, seemed completely fine. “You must not realize psychic attacks don’t affect dark types. I’m shocked.” Jack had somehow outsmarted a gym leader.

Misty looked sheepish. “We don’t get many dark types in here…dumb mistake…” Psyduck looked around densely.

“Houndour use roar! Let’s see what other Pokemon she has.” Houndour let out a howl which made the hair on the back of Jack’s neck stand on end. Psyduck looked terrified and attempted to run back to Misty.

“Psyduck no!” For some odd reason, Misty was attempting to keep Psyduck in the arena. Psyduck ignored its master and jumped into the water. It then floundered and splashed struggling to stay afloat.

“Psyduck return…” Misty covered her eyes out of embarrassment.

“Psyduck is unable to battle. The bout goes to Houndour.”

Brandon and Cubone went wild from the stands. “Way to go Jack!” Brandon was surprised at how well Jack had battled thus far. Cubone giddily clapped its small hands.

Jack looked at Misty incredulously. “You used a water Pokemon that can’t swim?”

“Most people don’t ever last long enough to find that out. Nonetheless, your little run ends here. Go Starmie!” A blue star shaped pokemon with a bright red jewel at the core of its body erupted and landed in the water.

Starmie, a water/psychic type. Its center jewel is said to be the source of its power. When moving through water it spins itself like a propeller making it one of the faster water Pokemon.

“You’re already getting annoying…” Jack pulled his bag off his shoulder and stuffed the camera deep into his bag in an attempt to stifle the electronic voice. Jack threw his bag down on the platform. “Let’s get this battle started!”

“Starmie use water gun!” A pressurized blast of water shot out of one of the points along Starmie’s star. Houndour narrowly jumped out of the way letting the blast of water douse the grassy island.

“Houndour use ember!” White hot bursts of fire erupted from Houndour’s mouth and peppered Starmie’s jewel. It appeared to have no effect as Starmie never even flinched.

“Starmie use agility!” Starmie dove underneath the surface and began to swim so fast that Jack lost track of it. Suddenly the star-shaped Pokemon erupted from the water behind Houndour and cut loose with another water gun. The dark Pokemon was caught off guard and took the water full force. Houndour attempted to stand but slumped to the ground, down and out.

“Houndour is unable to battle. The bout goes to Starmie.”

Jack held out Houndour’s Pokeball. “Nice battle buddy. You deserve a rest.” He then threw out Chikorita’s pokeball. “Let’s see how you handle a grass type!” Chikorita landed on the field, ruby eyes glistening.

“HA! I can’t even count how many trainers think that they will trump my gym with their grass-types. I guess this battle will be over faster than I thought. Starmie use acid armor!”

Starmie began to liquefy and eventually disappeared. “Let’s see how you like battling an invisible pokemon!”

“Chikorita don’t panic! That Starmie has to show itself eventually!”

Right as Jack let the words exit his mouth Starmie erupted out of the water. “Chikorita look out!”

“Too late! Starmie use ice beam!” A bright white beam shot out of Starmie’s star and ripped across the grassy island. It left a thin layer of frost across the blades of grass before colliding with the leaf pokemon. Chikorita was frozen solid.

“Chikorita is unable to battle. The bout goes to Starmie. Leader Misty has defeated Jack Tripper of Cinnabar.”

Jack was silent as he lay on the bed looking at the ceiling. His pokemon were all out of their pokeballs and were quietly napping. Jack and Brandon had elected to spend the night in the Pokecenter and had rented a room.

“You’re not still beating yourself up over the loss are you?” Brandon was sitting on the border of his bed watching Jack sulk.

Jack stayed silent, drilling a hole in the ceiling with his eyes.

“No one goes undefeated. It’s dumb that you even think you should have.” Brandon stood up and let his pokemon out of their Pokeballs. His Butterfree flew up to the ceiling and nestled itself on a wall lamp. His Poliwag and Bulbasaur nestled next to Jack’s slumbering pokemon.

“She beat me so easy though…” Jack murmured.

“So train a little bit. Tomorrow I’m going to visit Bill at the cape. While I’m out you should tour the city and maybe get some training in.

Jack finally gave a slight smile. ‘That might not be too bad. Who knows, maybe I’ll be able to catch a new pokemon.”

A young woman with blonde hair was hiding in the shadows just outside of the Pokecenter. She was talking into a microphone just inside the collar of her silver trench coat.

“The two are staying in Cerulean over night sir.”

A stern voice growled over the line. “Excellent. We are setting up the trap for the two just outside of Vermillion. Make sure you report back to me once they leave.”

“It will be done. Alpha Agent 0012 out.”
Old 06-10-2008, 09:53 PM
scalec Offline

What I liked best about this chapter is Misty's personallity. It matched her to a T! And I loved the Psyduck part!
But in case you're wondering what I think about everything else, I thought it was great!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:50 PM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec View Post
What I liked best about this chapter is Misty's personallity. It matched her to a T! And I loved the Psyduck part!
But in case you're wondering what I think about everything else, I thought it was great!
Thanks. Most of Misty's dialogue was revised to make it fit her anime personality better.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:11 AM
GoofWingull Offline
Banned

This is pretty good, I like it. I'll get to reading the other Chapters right now.

GoofWingull
Old 06-11-2008, 01:49 AM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Thanks Wingull. Your fic isn't too bad either
Old 06-11-2008, 04:48 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Yay! Good chapter!

When's the next one?

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 06-11-2008, 01:28 PM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Ch. 13 has two sentences typed in it thus far HAHA. It should be about Saturday-ish.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Ch. 13 has two sentences typed in it thus far HAHA. It should be about Saturday-ish.
xD Two sentences?

Aww, don't worry. As soon as you're done.

I can wait. ^_^

Links
Old 06-15-2008, 03:13 PM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Alright Ch.13 is finished. It just needs to be proofread. Should be up at some point tomorrow
Old 06-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Oh great!
I wonder what will happen now...

Links
Old 06-17-2008, 02:31 AM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

I've ran into a small speedbump. I didn't save my edits an so I must restart the entire editing. It still should be up by tomorrow nite.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:32 AM
scalec Offline

Quote:
I've ran into a small speedbump. I didn't save my edits an so I must restart the entire editing. It still should be up by tomorrow nite.
Owch...At least you didn't lose the whole chapter!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:35 AM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Yea that would've been absolutely horrible
Old 06-19-2008, 11:11 PM
miler567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Post Re: Jack's Quest

Ch. 13)

Jack was running down a dark corridor. He turned around and saw that the beast was still pursuing him. It was a large black dragon with foot long fangs. Jack felt like he was stuck in wet cement and suddenly the dragon was upon him. The dragon opened its mouth and a large ball of golden light formed in its mouth. Just as the dragon was about to blast him, Jack woke up.

Jack was breathing hard and sweat blanketed his brow. He looked around the room. Golden light poured in through the window adjacent to his bed. Brandon and the Pokemon were still sleeping.

Jack swung his legs over the edge of his bed and set his feet down onto the soft carpet. It had been a little over a year since he had originally planned to start his journey with Charmander. He ran his fingers through his long brown hair and then stood up and made his way over to the bathroom.

Jack flipped on the light and looked at himself in the mirror. He was getting tall and his hair was unkempt. “I wonder if Mom will even recognize me when I get back…”

Jack cleaned himself up and then got dressed. He returned all of his Pokemon and then silently crept out of the room. As he made his way down the dimly lit stairwell one of his pokeballs flew open. Cubone exploded out and then crawled up Jack’s pant leg. “Well I guess you’re only happy if you’re not cooped up…”

Jack walked through a sliding door and into the waiting room of the Pokecenter. A trainer was sitting against a wall holding a small blue pokemon with three large leaves on its head.

Oddish, a grass type. Oddish searches for fertile, nutrient-rich soil, and then plants itself. During the daytime, while it is planted, this Pokémon's feet are thought to change shape and become similar to the roots of trees.

“I’m really going to have to get Oak to shut you up…” Jack said aloud to the Pokecamera. Jack slung his bag off his back and then wound an old shirt around the camera. “Hopefully that’ll smother you.”

While Jack was leaning down Cubone hopped off of his shoulder. It waddled over to the Oddish and its Trainer and chirped happily.

“Cubone come back…” Jack walked over and picked up the little ground pokemon. Jack looked up and saw that the trainer’s Oddish was banged up and covered with bruises and burns. “What happened to your Pokemon?”

The man looked up and smiled grimly. “I tried to take on the trainer on Nugget Bridge. Rumor has it, if you can defeat him he will give you access to his secret training locale. Obviously he mopped the floor with me so I’m waiting for Nurse Joy to admit us.”

Jack stood up and looked out of the window. “Where is Nugget Bridge?”

“It’s just north of the Cerulean gym. You’re not considering taking the trainer on are you?”

“You have no idea how badly I need to get access to that training area!” Jack hurried through the door and out into the sunlight, eager to find the Nugget Bridge trainer.

Jack was leaning over the railing on Nugget Bridge looking down into the water. He saw several orange fish Pokemon swimming around in the clear water below him. His Pokecamera was making muffled, inaudible noises from inside his bag.

“I don’t see a trainer anywhere Cubone…If we don’t get into that secret training area we’ll never be able to defeat Misty.” Jack turned around and leaned up against a pole on the bridge. The sun shined down on his face causing him to squint. Cubone teetered back and forth, balancing on Jack’s shoe.

Bored, Jack pulled out his pokecamera to take some snapshots of the orange fish-like pokemon. The shutter flashed two or three times and then Jack heard the sound of heavy footsteps on wood. A tall man in blue coveralls and a yellow hardhat approached him.

“How’re you?” The man held out a large hand. Jack shook it and could feel years of hard labor on the calloused and rough palms.

“I’m good. I’m actually looking for the Nugget Bridge trainer.”

“Well you’re in luck because I am the trainer you’re looking for.” The man had several red and white pokeballs clipped to a belt on his waist. “Now if you’ll tell me your name we can get down to battling!”

Jack was taken aback by the man’s eagerness to battle. “Ummmm my name is Jack...”

The man pulled one of the pokeballs off his belt. “Well then Jack, this will be a one-on-one battle. We’ll find out how strong you really are.”

The man threw out his pokeball and a large yellow pokemon covered in black stripes emerged onto the bridge. It had a rough coat and its stripes were shaped like lightning bolts.

Electabuzz, an electric pokemon. Electabuzz are attracted to strong sources of energy. This creature collects negatively charged atoms from the atmosphere and uses them launch 10,000 volts of electricity.

“What was that?” The man looked around for whatever was discussing his Electabuzz. His eyes were finally drawn to the red camera in Jack’s hand.

“That’s just my stupid Pokecamera,” Jack put the camera into his bag. “Alright now let’s get down to battling. Go Houndour!” The canine pokemon landed on the field across from Electabuzz. “This is just a one-on-one battle so give it everything you’ve got!”

Without even being commanded to, Houndour used ember on Electabuzz.

“Electabuzz use light screen!” The electric Pokemon flung its hands forward and created a semi-transparent shield in front of it. The embers careened with it and fell undamagingly to the ground. “Now use double team!”

Electabuzz created copies of itself until there were eight Electabuzz on the field. “Good luck finding the right one!” the man boomed.

“Houndour use quick attack on each and every Electabuzz!” Houndour disappeared and one by one the Electabuzz fell until only one was left standing.

‘Nice job Houndour! Now use fire spin!” The arc of fire erupted from Houndour’s mouth and began to spin around Electabuzz’s body until the Pokemon was hidden by the flames. Electabuzz let out a roar of pain.

“Use light screen and hold it until the spin dissipates!” The roars from inside the fire spin subsided. The man’s plan had worked.

“Houndour you have to hold that fire spin until the screen breaks.” Houndour’s hair bristled and the fire spin’s intensity doubled.

The stand off lasted for several minutes until Jack began to hear the roars of pain again. “Yes we’ve got him! Keep going buddy!” Jack looked over at Houndour and saw something slightly disheartening. The fire spin had sputtered out.

Both Pokemon were severely weakened. Electabuzz’s fur was badly scorched and Houndour looked drained. Neither one looked in fighting shape.

“Electabuzz you’ve fought well! Now show them your thunderpunch!” Electabuzz’s fist suddenly crackled with electricity and then attempted to deliver a devastating punch.

“Houndour dodge it!” Houndour barrel rolled out of the way as Electabuzz’s fist smashed into the ground. Houndour shakily stood up and was panting from exhaustion. Jack doubted whether Houndour would even be able to deliver a finishing blow.

As soon as Houndour managed to its feet, Jack heard an odd noise behind him. He turned and saw every streetlamp in the city flicker on and then die out.

“Was that a power surge?” Jack looked over at the man.

“Basically yes. That’s what happens when Electabuzz’s attacks are in the vicinity of a town or city. We’ll wait for the surging to stop and then we’ll continue our battle.”

“Sounds good.” Jack took the momentary pause to lean down and talk to Houndour. “Hey buddy, you’ve fought well but I don’t know if we’re going to be able to bring this guy down…” Jack looked up at Electabuzz. “Our only hope would be if I could somehow find a chink in its armor…”

Out of the blue, Jack heard an electronic voice from his bag. “Would you like further information on Electabuzz?”

Jack was shocked but pulled the Pokecamera out of his bag. “Is this another new trick you’ve learned?” The Pokecamera’s screen featured a list of commands.

• Element Information
• Move Information
• Ability Information
• Attack Information
• Defense Information
• Misc. Information

“Show me attack information.” The screen flashed and then showed a picture of an Electabuzz surrounded by an aura of electricity.

“Electabuzz’s electric based attacks come directly from the air around it. The molecules in the air make its attacks highly volatile and reactive. The slightest disturbance can cause the attack to detonate in mid-air.” The Pokecamera’s screen went blank.

“Houndour I have an idea…” Jack stood up and faced the opposing trainer. “Are you ready to go again?”

“Yes. It appears the surge has run its course.” The man looked at Electabuzz. “You know what to do.”

Electabuzz nodded and then shot a large bolt of electricity from its body.

“Houndour hit that bolt with an ember!” Houndour opened its mouth and with great effort a miniscule fireball came out. The instant the cinders connected with the electricity there was a gigantic explosion.

The sound was deafening as the explosion kicked dust into the air. Jack attempted to find Houndour in the chaos and confusion. “Houndour are you there!?” Jack received no confirmation form his trusted pokemon.

As the dust settled, Jack finally got a glimpse at the battlefield. The bridge had a large scorch mark on it from where the explosion had happened. Both Pokemon were sprawled out, unconscious. It was a double knock out.

“Houndour return…” Jack was disheartened from his inability to win a battle as of recent.

The man walked across the blackened bridge and firmly grasped Jack’s hand. “That was a great battle! I’d be glad to grant you access to my training area!”

“But I didn’t beat you. You’re not supposed to give me access to the area.” Jack looked at the man questioningly.

“But I didn’t defeat you either! Come on we’re going to the plant.” The man pulled a large black remote off of his belt. He returned his Electabuzz, pressed a button on the remote, and then he and Jack disappeared.

Jack and the man were standing next to a large body of water in front of a large brick building.

“My boy, this is Kanto’s power plant. I have built an area inside it where you can supercharge your Pokemon. There is also a machine where you can heal your Pokemon. Fight your Pokemon to the brinks of fainting and then heal them. That is what will supercharge your team.”

“Sounds excellent. By chance, will I be able to catch any Pokemon inside the plant?” A new Pokemon could potentially be what would put him over the top.

“There are plenty inside. That’s where I caught my Electabuzz after all. Oh yea I almost forgot…” The man pulled another black remote off of his belt. “This will give you instant access to the plant at all times. It’s how electricians stay on the job at all times.”

Jack took the remote and put it in his bag. “I can’t thank you enough…erm…well actually I never got your name.”

“Name’s Klaus. Good luck on your journey Jack!” The man disappeared with a click of his remote.

Jack looked up at the imposing building before him. “This is it Cubone. Its time to go get stronger.”
Closed Thread