Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 03-22-2004, 11:52 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Pokemon 4 Ever, whoa!

I recently got laid up after a bike accident so finally had the time to watch Pokemon 4 ever. Oh man, what a movie! That was colossal if I say so. Course I wish the masked Rocket villain didn't have such a lame name, I would've called him Mr. Rocket Man.

Questions:
Sammy, was that Samuel Oak that Ash had met? I saw Oak holding open this book and it was the same book Sammy had on his time travel! THat had to be interesting Ash could meet Oak as a kid.

Celebi, are they all time traveling Pokemon?

Suicone, is it just one legendary Pokemon? THere isn't another Pokemon like it?

Whatever happened to that Pokemon hunter? Did he get arrested?
Old 03-23-2004, 12:02 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Pokemon 4 Ever, whoa!

I never got to see it . What was it like?
Old 03-23-2004, 12:12 AM
~Dragon Trainer Marissa~ Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to ~Dragon Trainer Marissa~

Yes, I agree, it was great! I saw it recently too, and I loved it!
And yes, Ash did meet Prof. Oak as a kid! I thought that was an interesting little twist. Celebi was amazing, not to mention adorable!!
Great movie, go see it!!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:34 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash

If you have the movie channel, WAM!, then go check out the listing every once in awhile to see if 4 Ever comes on because they have been showing it a lot lately.

Suicune is a one and only, reason being that Ho-Oh only made one North Wind.. as well as Raikou and Entei.

Yeah, all Celebi's can time travel. Each one is in a different main forest.

The Masked Team Rocket guy was last seen about to get hammered by a bunch of pokemon that lived in the forest. My guess is the pokemon's probably were ticked off enough to eat him whole JK! They probably made sure he wouldn't ever be able to come back and try that twisted plot again though.

Old 03-23-2004, 03:53 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Oh well, when the camera wasn't rolling, one can say the Pokemon beat the you know what out of the hunter. Boy, each time they have a hunter in the Pokemon movies, they know how to show a sinister side you'd rarely see on the TV series. Those who haven't seen the movie, get the tape and see it. Just don't go out and have an accident like I did, you never want to drag your leg around.

That was fantastic Ash met Oak as a kid, the writers should say in the very last ep of Pokemon that Oak tells Ash that he is the Sammy they met, and they always stayed best of friends.

Boy, you wonder if Ash will meet his parents when they were kids!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:38 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

The masked villain's name is Vicious. I'm not sure if that's the story in the dub (I've only seen the film once so I've forgotten), but in Japanese that's his name.
Anyway, I did like the movie. It's my 4th favorite of the 5 out in America (I like them all).
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 03-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Hariken4 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hariken4

I've recorded it from the television (I can't remember the channel, probably CN or WB). I do like it but I can't say it's my favorite. Isn't there a special ep like 4 Ever only it's Richie instead of Ash & co.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:13 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

The only eps I know of that have Hiroshi (Richie) as the star and not Satoshi (Ash) are a couple Pokemon Housou specials, and 4Kids, in all their stupidity, haven't dubbed them into English.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 04-20-2004, 07:30 PM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane

Well, I thought the movie was just so-so. Frankly, the first 40 minutes were filled with too much buddy-buddy stuff for my tastes. Guess I'm more into the darker stories like Mewtwo Strikes Back and Heroes :P

My only real problem with the Sammy-being-Oak thing is that....by all standards, it's incorrect. o_o;

Okay, Professor Oak is supposed to be 60, right? At least that's what an American profile of him said...
Sammy was transported 40 years into the future. In that case, shouldn't Sammy have been around 20 in the past? It just doesn't make sense >_<;
Old 04-26-2004, 05:00 AM
Pheonyx-X Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Pheonyx-X

I recently just watched it too!! Yeah its cool movie!! I loved how they left the original "Shinji Miyazaki" music (but no one cares). The DVD I got, had no PikaBoo short... (how sad)
Old 04-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Japoro Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Japoro

It sure is a nice movie. Celebi is cool =) I have always liked that lil creature

but I agree with you DragonShane about sammy... I guess that Sammy wasnt 20 in the movie
Old 04-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via AIM to Nefarious

I kinda liked this movie. There was too much happy friendship stuff goin on tho. My fav movie is the third one. I hope the next few movies aren't so kiddish. But celebi was really cool. Other than the kid stuff I loved it.

Last edited by Nefarious; 04-27-2004 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:33 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

saw it about 3 weeks ago. thought the ending could have been better. celebi staying dead would have made more sense but the movie had to have a happy ending (and Pokemon can't die in the show/movie... )
the whole thing about Sammy being Oak is ridiculous.
the whole thing about time travel in general is impossible
Team Rocket, funny as ever.
Masked Maurader was fairly cool and evil.

movie rating:
C+

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 05-01-2004, 07:39 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Must disagree with you poster:

Sammy is short for Samuel, and Oak's first name is Samuel. He did meet Ash when he was a kid and when he said he saw Suicune once, this was it, meaning he saw it as a kid along with Celebi.

Pokemon/or humans/ surely cannot die at the end of the movie or TV. IT's too traumatic to have that on kids. I mean, think of Sailor Moon: Neflyte dies in bloody battle, Sailor Moon and Senshi die, the death scenes were violently done and cut when it came to America.

The whole thing of time travel, would you say it's about as ridicules as 10.5 the upcoming movie this weekend when the WEst Coast is split about? Personally, why couldn't it be done? Celebi is a time traveling Pokemon.

Masked Maurader is being changed to Masked Macho Man in my story version, Randy Savage did a voiceover on Dexter that was outragous when he beat up Monkey, but Monkey kept getting up.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Japoro Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Japoro

mabye not in the show, but in pkmn movies it's not impossible, that new movies 7th with Deoxys looks like contains much action...