Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 04-03-2008, 03:55 PM
malucifer Offline

Default Pokemon Online Game

Pokemon:Evolution

Hello everyone!

I will be releasing a new pokemon game to come soon about 5-6 months or so. I am currently working solo on this project and it's completion time may or may not be delayed. As of now I am looking for graphics artists to come up with new pets to include in the game. All the original pokemon are entirely free to obtain although certain pokemon throughout the series are only obtainable once and by one trainer only. If you are interested send me a pm with your designed pet or questions.

Progress:
Mapping Engine: 88% complete
Battle Engine: 15% complete
Layout: 35% complete

Links:
Map Demo->
Register first for map Demo
Login Page for later visits

Battle Engine Demo->
(No login needed)
Battle Engine Demo

Thats it for now will update with further progress.

All help is needed contact me if your interested.

Sincerely,
James...

Last edited by malucifer; 05-07-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:12 PM
GreyScale Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to GreyScale
Arrow Re: Pokemon Online Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by malucifer View Post
Hello everyone!

I will be releasing a new pokemon game to come soon about 2 months or so. I am currently working solo on this project and it's completion time may or may not be delayed. As of now I am looking for graphics artists to come up with new pets to include in the game. Any accepted artists design will receive a lvl 50 version of their designed pet and 40 percent of sales on the pet if it is included in the members only section. All the original pokemon are entirely free to obtain although certain pokemon throughout the series are only obtainable once and by one trainer only. If you are interested send me a pm with your designed pet or questions.

Sincerely,
James...
im pretty sure you cant advertise here

Battle Log

[Dan][Diamond][?]
[Dan][SoulSilver][?]
[Dan][White][?]
http://tiny.cc/oo7rw
Old 04-03-2008, 04:19 PM
afireohno Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to afireohno Send a message via Yahoo to afireohno
Default Re: Pokemon Online Game

Quote:
Hello everyone!

I will be releasing a new pokemon game to come soon about 2 months or so. I am currently working solo on this project and it's completion time may or may not be delayed. As of now I am looking for graphics artists to come up with new pets to include in the game. Any accepted artists design will receive a lvl 50 version of their designed pet and 40 percent of sales on the pet if it is included in the members only section. All the original pokemon are entirely free to obtain although certain pokemon throughout the series are only obtainable once and by one trainer only. If you are interested send me a pm with your designed pet or questions.

Sincerely,
James...
I'm interested, but would like more info. I sent you a pm, write back and we can discuss details. If it sounds promising I would like to help with more than just graphics if possible.

The Brotherhood of 1337
Old 04-03-2008, 09:57 PM
malucifer Offline

I am not intentionally advertising my game as I have not provided links or even a name for it, I am merely looking for pokemon fans that can accomplish this type of work. I appreciate pokemonelite2000.com's forums for gathering such a large pokemon fanbase. But back to the subject this is the kind of quality and originality im looking for.

Thanks again James.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:19 PM
screech1941 Offline

This doesn't look like advertising, but recruiting, so I'm guessing it's ok D=
It looks really interesting and I would join, but I have no skillz, sorry XD
Old 04-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
I am not intentionally advertising my game as I have not provided links or even a name for it, I am merely looking for pokemon fans that can accomplish this type of work. I appreciate pokemonelite2000.com's forums for gathering such a large pokemon fanbase. But back to the subject this is the kind of quality and originality im looking for.

Thanks again James.
I'm sorry to flame, but that isnt originality. That is a Jetsam from neopets with the flame paintbrush.

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 04-03-2008, 11:12 PM
malucifer Offline

Indeed I should rephrase originality with the term creativity. And that was just a picture I found browsing. But thanks for the replies. If anyone has any experience coding in php/mysql and not just graphics I would be willing to work out some things with you as well. Again thanks!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:03 AM
OmgItsLoL Offline
Elite Trainer

So you dont have any pics on the game?

By Joangaes
2191 7512 8216
Old 04-04-2008, 01:21 AM
malucifer Offline

Technically speaking it isn't a "game" yet. I have the backend algorithms programmed right now(Pokemon statistic assignments,IV's, base stats etc) Im adding the moves next then making the battle engine. After that its all about adding new things. Shortly I should be able to have some screenshots it wont take me long to get a fully operational backend running. Until then you'll unfortunately have to wait
Old 04-04-2008, 01:23 AM
OmgItsLoL Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Technically speaking it isn't a "game" yet. I have the backend algorithms programmed right now(Pokemon statistic assignments,IV's, base stats etc) Im adding the moves next then making the battle engine. After that its all about adding new things. Shortly I should be able to have some screenshots it wont take me long to get a fully operational backend running. Until then you'll unfortunately have to wait
That sucks. I cant wait to see how the game looks like.

By Joangaes
2191 7512 8216
Old 04-04-2008, 01:32 AM
malucifer Offline

Oh and another reason I need graphics artists is because eventually when this game gets going and the crowd comes in the boys at Nintendo will most likely try to cause an uproar some how even though im offering all pokemon related content for free(they seem to like to crash on fan creations) after it is running for awhile and we get some decent graphics artists I will be recreating the entire environment who knows maybe the next pokemon styled game to come out on consoles will be mine(Wishing here) anyway I will keep you guys updated.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:30 AM
jonsploder Offline

OK, as I am making my own pokemon Online game also, that is already online and quite a few members, with 5 pre-release demos out, I have a few questions:

What are you making the game in?
Can you give us a sample from the game to prove it, only a small script will do thanks.
Do you actually know how to program online stuff? Many people dont.
Do you have any idea what and how to program a battle system?
How long have you been a programmer?
How long has this been worked on?

Thanks.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
malucifer Offline

Jonsploder,

That is great news! Since the crater went down the community needs a few quality pokemon games around. As for your questions...The game is currently being programmed in a full php/mysql environment I plan on incorporating Java for the mapping at a future time as I have never taught myself java yet(I self teach myself everything I do.) As for a sample script or I shall call it a snippet...

Code:
//  Level algorithm based on the areas set lvl plus and minus a random # between 0-5
    $level = $zone[petlvl] + rand(0,5) - rand(0,5);

//  Assign a random number from 1-31 for each stat's IV value
    $randAtkIV = rand(1,31);
    $randDefIV = rand(1,31);
    $randHpIV = rand(1,31);
    $randSpdIV = rand(1,31);
    $randSatkIV = rand(1,31);
    $randSdefIV = rand(1,31);

//  Stat generation algorithms
    $atk = (((( 2 * $findPet[batk]) + $randAtkIV) * $level) / 100) +5;
    $def = (((( 2 * $findPet[bdef]) + $randDefIV) * $level) / 100) +5;
    $spd = (((( 2 * $findPet[bspd]) + $randSpdIV) * $level) / 100) +5;
    $satk = (((( 2 * $findPet[bsatk]) + $randSatkIV) * $level) / 100) +5;
    $sdef = (((( 2 * $findPet[bsdef]) + $randSdefIV) * $level) / 100) +5;
    $health = ((((2 * $findPet[bhp]) + $randHpIV) * $level) / 100) + 10 + $level;
That is the snippet for assigning default values upon encounter.

Now as for knowing how to program online stuff, I have learned a great deal of programming many different things and php/mysql isn't that difficult

As for a battle engine that is going to be no problem about 6 years back I was programming Multi-user Dungeons with custom battle engines for people. After all they are just a bunch of algorithms when it comes down to it.

I have been programming for about 9 years in a multitude of environments, I have been using computers for about 13 years and I am fluid in learning new things. Not to mention I type 72 wpm

And the last question = only about 5 months so far.

Hope that answers your questions, if you have more please post or pm me. If you are looking for help on your game please contact me as well for I have multiple ideas that would be a great addition for pokemon. Plus if your game is already going it would make it that much easier to expand upon all my current time is being used to get the backend up on my game atm. Thanks again for the excellent questions and I hope I have answered them to your satisfaction.

James...

Last edited by malucifer; 04-09-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:43 PM
GreyScale Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to GreyScale
Arrow Re: Pokemon Online Game

i spose i could help with graphics if you need help....

Battle Log

[Dan][Diamond][?]
[Dan][SoulSilver][?]
[Dan][White][?]
http://tiny.cc/oo7rw
Old 04-04-2008, 04:16 PM
malucifer Offline

Excellent! Again I'm sorry there are no screenshots of the actual game yet but there isnt a game to have screenshots. I will post a list of graphics I need and you can contribute submissions to me. Any graphic I find usable will be rewarded in game and those who contribute alot to the cause will have the opportunity to join the permanent staff. I have big plans for this game it will start out small but will definitely grow larger. As mentioned before I want to convert the whole thing away from specific pokemon and have our own type with the same concept of the pokemon rpg style. Anyway on to the list!

1) I need a banner while the game is geared toward pokemon the name of the game is going to be Pokemon:Evolutions or Pokemon:Evo (I am calling it this because of the fact I am going to implement multiple new items, pets, and ideas.

2) New pets. That one is pretty self explanatory.

3) I need images for the following new items I have created.
a)Replication Ball (Clones caught pokemon/pet)
b)Growth Ball (Automatically raises pokemon/pet 10 levels)
c)Shiny Ball (Caught pokemon/pet gets the shiny effect added to it)
d)6-slot Poke Belt (Allows 6 pokemon/pets to be carried at one time)
e)Rage Potion (Max's the pokemon/pets attack IV stat)
f)Shell Potion (Max's the pokemon/pets defense IV stat)
g)Sonic Potion (Max's the pokemon/pets speed IV stat)
h)Life Potion (Max's the pokemon/pets Hp IV stat)
i)Mind Potion (Max's the pokemon/pets Special Attack IV stat)
j)Barrier Potion (Max's the pokemon/pets Special Defense IV stat)
k)Fusion Rings (Allows you to fuse two pokemon/pets to increase the stats and add a small amount of resistance to the secondary fused pokemon/pets element.

As of right now that is all that is on my list aside from graphically enhancing the webpage itself. Thanks again!