Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:20 AM
zinachu012 Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: The Path of Destiny (PG/PG-13)

Welcome!!!
So excited for the next chapter! I'm glad I could finish your others before you posted a new milestone! Fifty chapters... I could NEVER write that much!

I'm writing a book, and it's about people...not quite as much fun as Pokemon, especially when they're normal people. It's hard, and I've re-written the stupid thing twice before I even got half way through. How you've persevered is inspiring, and maybe will give me enough confidence to finish my book! Perhaps I'll even take up fanfiction again too! :D

One of these days I'll introduce you to my five new characters from my book.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinachu012 View Post
Welcome!!!
So excited for the next chapter! I'm glad I could finish your others before you posted a new milestone! Fifty chapters... I could NEVER write that much!

I'm writing a book, and it's about people...not quite as much fun as Pokemon, especially when they're normal people. It's hard, and I've re-written the stupid thing twice before I even got half way through. How you've persevered is inspiring, and maybe will give me enough confidence to finish my book! Perhaps I'll even take up fanfiction again too! :D

One of these days I'll introduce you to my five new characters from my book.
Thanks! I'm going to try and work on it tonight. I'm going to play my new pokemon game and get inspired! XD

Oh, really? I'm writing a book too. Well, sort of. It's kind of on hold for a moment since I need to figure out how to write the beginning. I'm glad I could inspire you though! I hope you're able to write your book well!

Awesome, I'd love to hear about them!

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 12-31-2010, 04:48 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Okay, a new chapter is finally done! This one took a while due to writer's block, but I finally got it finished. (Thank you Pikachu's Great Adventure for being inspiring.) And wow, 50th chapter. When I started this story, I had no idea The Path of Destiny would turn out this long. And there's still such a long way to go. o:

This chapter started turning out longer than I thought, so some of the stuff that was going to be in this chapter will have to be in the next one. I know not a lot happens, but the some of the stuff in this one is important. I hope it at least gives you something to wonder about.

The Path of Destiny

Chapter 50-Revisiting

The following morning, Damian told Justin, Katie, and their pokémon everything that they had missed the previous night. Snowcrystal hadn’t been happy to see Justin return, but she was glad to see Spark, who, despite the drama of the previous day, seemed happier than she’d seen him in a long time. Ever since he had reunited with Justin, the jolteon hadn’t left the human’s side.

Everyone seemed relieved that Damian had been right; no trainers had ventured this way, but it was near enough to the city that the humans didn’t have much trouble going back and forth between the buildings and the pokémon resting place. All of Damian’s pokémon, minus Scytheclaw, were out of their poké balls; Snowcrystal noticed that they all looked intensely interested whenever someone mentioned the Forbidden Attacks.

Now, Snowcrystal realized, they were going to be discussing how they were going to search the library. Snowcrystal couldn’t help feeling a bit frustrated that she would be sitting out here with most of the other pokémon, unable to help. Sure enough, a little while later, Damian, Justin, and Katie had all decided to go together, taking only their own pokémon.

“It’s not fair,” Alex muttered. “I could help. I’m sure I could help!”

“Can you read?” Blazefang replied sarcastically.

“No,” Alex replied, “but I could help them look for book covers that had attack stuff on them…”

“I just wish we didn’t have to stay here,” Snowcrystal sighed. She stayed silent for a moment, watching the dancing light patterns that filtered down to the ground through the tree over her head, then sat bolt upright, a thought coming to her. “Do you think we could ask the humans to visit Nightshade or…or Stormblade?”

“You mean walk right into a city full of humans, with no trainer?” Blazefang replied, looking at her like she was crazy.

Before she could answer, Alex leaped up in excitement. “Yes!” she cried. “That’s exactly what I want to do!”

“Well…” Snowcrystal began. Now that she thought about it, Blazefang was right. Even with the protection of the humans and their pokémon, it would be very risky to just walk right into the city. She began to wish that she hadn’t spoken her sudden thought aloud.

Before she could try and get her to reconsider, Alex had run over to Arien and began pleading with him to ask Damian to persuade the other trainers to let them go. Reluctantly, Arien nodded, leading Alex to cry out in delight.

“That heracross I brought to the pokémon center…” Snowcrystal heard Damian say suddenly to the other two humans after a few moments. “He was friends with these pokémon. I think we should take them to see him. The scyther, too.”

“Huh?” Katie replied, still regarding Damian and his pokémon with the same uncertain look she had shown before.

“We don’t have time for that,” Justin muttered. “We have work to do.”

“Actually,” Katie said louder, before Damian could say anything, “I think it’s a great idea.” From the look of surprise on Justin’s face, Snowcrystal was certain he hadn’t been expecting that, though whether Katie was simply disagreeing with him on purpose or wanted a distraction from having to make a certain decision about the Forbidden Attacks, she didn’t know.

“You’re going to walk through the city with several wild pokémon who obviously aren’t yours?” Justin scoffed.

“If the three of us go,” Damian suggested, “and keep our pokémon in their poké balls, people will just assume the group of pokémon belong to us. They won’t be trying to catch them or anything. Of course, we have to be careful about Snowcrystal…” He thought for a moment, and then went over to his backpack which lay beside the tent and emptied all of its supplies onto the ground. “Maybe she can ride in here,” he said. “It looks big enough.”

And cramped… Snowcrystal thought to herself, but she didn’t try to argue.

“We can go visit the pokémon and then head straight for the library,” Damian stated. “They might even let the pokémon in there, so if we find anything, we can tell them right then.” He looked over his pokémon, his gaze resting on Todd the elekid and Inferno the flareon. “I want you two to stay here,” he told them. “Watch the camp for me.”

Todd immediately threw up his arm in a salute, but Inferno looked disappointed. “I want to go too…” Snowcrystal heard him whisper.

Either Arien was sending Damian a translation or the trainer had guessed what his flareon was thinking, because he replied, “I’m sorry, but if you came, you’d have to stay in your poké ball anyway. Only the wild pokémon can stay out, I’m afraid. But don’t worry; you can come next time.” Looking slightly happier, Inferno nodded.

“Er…I’m going to head off to the library and wait for you there,” Justin muttered. “I’m not interested in visiting any sick bug types.” Snowcrystal glared at him; she knew from what Stormblade had told her that he was terrified of scythers, and didn’t want to go to see Nightshade in case the others dragged him along to the long term pokémon hospital too.

“Fine by me,” Katie muttered. “Uh…Damian? Are you sure these pokémon will behave?”

“They will,” Damian replied with absolute certainty. The doubtful look on Katie’s face told Snowcrystal she was still remembering the Scytheclaw incident.

“They better,” Katie sighed, “unless they want to be taken away by the police.” She sighed. “Well, if we’re going to take them, let’s hurry and go.”

Snowcrystal was placed carefully into the backpack, which wasn’t as uncomfortable as she’d thought it would be, but there was still very little space. Damian left part of the top of the backpack open so she could peer out of it.

She was very grateful that Damian and Katie seemed to want to take an early morning walk to the city rather than ride on Damian’s tropius. It was probably because of the pokémon following them, she realized, and was grateful that they were coming. Redclaw seemed happier than Snowcrystal had seen him lately; he would often run on ahead, then double back to circle the trainers. She didn’t blame him; they were just finally starting to gain real hope of finding the answers they needed, and they were, compared to what they’d just been through, safe. Alex plodded happily along behind them along with Wildflame and a rather reluctant Rosie and Blazefang.

Blazefang had merely come along because he hadn’t wanted to stay back at the camp with two pokémon who were practically strangers, and Rosie had finally been persuaded both by the desire to see her friends and the assurance that Damian wouldn’t let any other humans near her.

The walk to the city was surprisingly pleasant; there were almost no signs that this area had once been ravaged by poachers. Bird pokémon fluttered from tree to tree and small pokémon scurried through the undergrowth just out of sight. A pleasant breeze picked up, ruffling Snowcrystal’s white tuft of fur as she peered further out of the backpack.

Upon reaching Stonedust City, the mood of the pokémon changed. Each of them, even the confident ones, were eying the strange buildings warily. “Now remember,” Damian told them, “don’t stop, don’t run on ahead. Just follow Katie and I. Don’t wander into the street, don’t bother other humans or pokémon, and don’t eat anything out of the garbage.”

The trainers and pokémon started to head into the city’s outskirts; Snowcrystal immediately pulled her head back into Damian’s backpack. As they walked further and further through the unnatural forest of tall, metallic buildings, Snowcrystal watched through the opening in the backpack, remembering the time she and Wildflame had snuck through the city’s streets. It had been raining then, and the place had seemed terrifying. While the city was still intimidating, at least now she had protection, and it helped that the skies were clear. There were other humans around, from what she could see, and pokémon too. Though she saw a few people give Damian and Katie strange looks, most of them didn’t seem to find anything too odd about the number of pokémon following them.

Suddenly Damian stopped. “Taking your pokémon out for a walk?” a human voice Snowcrystal did not recognize asked. “Seems like an odd place to do it.”

“They like to walk places with us,” Damian replied cheerfully. Snowcrystal tried to peer further out of the backpack but only saw Damian’s hand as he shoved her back down.

“It’s so noisy around here!” she heard Rosie complain as Damian and the other human were talking. “How far is this pokémon center place anyway?”

Snowcrystal wished Arien was around to ask Damian that very thing, but he was inside his poké ball, and Snowcrystal knew that the trainers probably didn’t want more than five (excluding Snowcrystal) pokémon following them at once.

Damian had stopped talking with the human; they were moving again. Snowcrystal peered upward at the towering buildings around them. She didn’t know what part of the city they were in, but these buildings were bigger than the ones around the library had been. She could hear several strange noises and see some of the large metallic machines Spark had called cars rumble past along the black ground that the trainers were, wisely, not walking on. Luckily for them, there didn’t seem to be many humans walking around this early, at least not around the area they were.

When they had passed a few streets, each, to Snowcrystal, more overwhelming than the last, Snowcrystal heard footsteps-human footsteps-behind her and turned her body around inside the backpack to look. A young human child was running toward Katie, Damian, and the pokémon with an excited look on its face. “Ninetales!” she shouted, reaching out her arms. “Mommy, he has a ninetales!”

Snowcrystal saw Rosie freeze as if someone had paralyzed her. The small human was coming closer, and Rosie looked too panicked to do anything, and Snowcrystal couldn’t tell which, if any, of the humans were this little one’s parents. Damian seemed to notice too, because he stopped and turned, and Snowcrystal got a glimpse of a sudden change coming over Rosie before she was turned around and her view blocked. Rosie then let out a battle cry that made Snowcrystal’s blood run cold. They couldn’t attack the humans! Before she could think to say anything, Damian had run in front of Rosie, standing between her and the human girl. From what Snowcrystal could now see, Rosie looked like cornered prey; every hair on her body was standing up straight and her mouth was wide open, a glow forming in the back of her throat.

“Rosie,” Wildflame hissed. “Quit it!” The other pokémon just watched silently, not looking like they wanted to intervene and risk, as Katie had said, the police taking them away.

But Rosie didn’t seem to have any intention of ‘quitting it’. She leaned to the side to be able to peer around Damian’s leg, her snarling face pointing straight at the small human.

“Careful!” Damian told the human, sounding, Snowcrystal thought, a bit worried himself. “You shouldn’t approach strange pokémon like that…I mean, my ninetales…she’s not used to, um…” Snowcrystal peered down at Rosie, trying to catch her eye, but Rosie wasn’t looking. Instead, she tried to lunge toward the little human, but Damian pushed her back with his leg. Rosie replied by biting it.

“Ahhh!” Damian cried out, but quickly silenced his scream, focusing instead on talking to the girl. “Uh…just run along now…my pokémon…want to be left alone, it seems.” He seemed like he was trying to sound cheerful, but he sounded in pain.

Snowcrystal hoped that the little human would decide to wander off before Damian’s pants caught on fire, but it didn’t seem like she wanted to move. “Damian…” she heard Katie say from somewhere ahead of them. “You said they were going to behave.”

Damian took no notice, for another set of footsteps was approaching, the little human’s mother or father, Snowcrystal guessed. She quickly realized she was right.

“Abigail, what do you think you’re doing?" the sound of an adult human, a female, came toward her. “I’ve told you, you can’t go running off-”

“He has a ninetales!” the little human shouted excitedly.

When the adult human spoke again, her voice didn’t sound pleasant. “What do you think you’re doing?” she yelled at Damian, loud enough to make Snowcrystal wince. “You can’t just let unfriendly pokémon walk outside their poké balls in the middle of the city! If your pokémon is dangerous, I could report you to the police…”

“Sorry!” Damian replied as he finally managed to dislodge Rosie. “It won’t happen again. She’s not dangerous…just…nervous around strangers. She’d never hurt anyone…I mean…” Snowcrystal wasn’t sure how Damian was going to sound convincing after Rosie had just bitten his leg, and the other human seemed to think the same thing, because Damian replied, “she was only playing! I mean, she does that all the time!”

Snowcrystal didn’t hear what the human said in reply, but afterwards they started walking away briskly, ignoring the still excited squeals of the little girl. “Rosie,” Snowcrystal hissed, “don’t do that! You almost got us all in trouble!”

“Well if that human had just stayed away from me-”

“Rosie, please,” Wildflame replied. “Try to act like you’ve seen a human before! If you don’t threaten them, they won’t harm you, but if you DO threaten them, they probably will.” Rosie didn’t answer, but didn’t try to argue either.

“This was a horrible idea,” Katie muttered to Damian. “I don’t want to get questioned by the police because ‘your’ wild pokémon can’t keep from trying to attack someone. They’d better behave around the injured pokémon in the center, because I’m not going to help you if the police come to investigate.”

“Right…” Damian replied, sounding less sure of himself than before. Snowcrystal wished she could reassure him that Rosie wouldn’t act like that again; she didn’t want the trainers to turn around and go back without seeing Stormblade and Nightshade.

On the way to their first stop, which Snowcrystal soon learned was where Nightshade was staying, the rest of the journey went uneventfully. A couple times, humans would stop to pet Wildflame or Redclaw, a few of them noticing Redclaw’s scars and asking Damian if he had gotten him from a pokémon rescue organization, whatever that was, but Rosie stayed by Damian’s side and didn’t try to start any more trouble.

“There it is,” Damian finally said as they rounded a corner of the sidewalk and came across a new jumble of buildings. Damian was pointing to a tall, wide building in the center of the next street. Snowcrystal peered a little further out of the backpack to get a look. The building looked pretty plain, she thought, being the same dull brown color as several of the other buildings on its street, and with several dark, dreary looking windows. A large cloth had been put up just above the front doors. There were human markings across it and a larger red marking in the center. She thought that the markings must mean ‘the pokémon center’, to tell humans where the new one was. The cloth fluttered in the wind, revealing some other human markings underneath, which Snowcrystal assumed told what the building used to be used for.

“It doesn’t look much like a pokémon center,” Alex muttered.

“It’s the temporary one,” Redclaw whispered back. He did not elaborate on why a temporary center was necessary.

Carefully, they crossed the street over to the other side (it took a while to persuade Rosie that it was safe) and walked along the sidewalk, which was much busier than any they had been on before and it made it difficult for the larger pokémon to maneuver, and reached the building’s entrance.

Katie and Damian stepped inside, and Snowcrystal realized instantly that the building’s interior was not nearly as bleak as it had looked from the outside. They had entered a large white room that looked spotlessly clean, maybe a bit too clean, even, with several chairs around the walls where humans sat. Around many of them were pokémon, some of them sitting patiently by their trainers and others, mainly very young pokémon, occupying themselves with strange looking human made toys that were scattered across one section of the floor.

“Stormblade’s not here, is he?” Snowcrystal asked the others. “It’s just Nightshade?”

“Yes,” Wildflame replied. “Stormblade’s in some other building. I just hope it’s not far from here. I don’t like this city much.” That, Snowcrystal could tell, was an understatement.

Damian handed the backpack to Katie, who held it carefully, and approached a human at a counter on the other side of the room, while Snowcrystal looked longingly at the pokémon playing with toys. She almost wished she could join them, but she knew she couldn’t leave the backpack until she was safely wherever Nightshade was.

“I’d like to see the heracross I dropped off here before…” Snowcrystal heard Damian say faintly from across the room. “Well, me, my friend, and my pokémon…”

The noise in the room grew loud enough to drown out Damian’s words, and Snowcrystal turned towards the pokémon playing with the toys again.

“Oh, come on, Blazefang!” Alex cried happily, nudging the annoyed-looking houndour. “Let’s join them!” The floatzel reached out and grabbed a short piece of rope with two knots at the end. “I know this game! You grab one end, I’ll grab the other, and we’ll pull, and then whoever lets go-”

“Get out of my face,” Blazefang hissed between his teeth as Alex dangled the rope in front of his eyes.

“Quiet, everyone,” Redclaw whispered. “He’s coming back.”

Sure enough, Damian was walking back towards them. “This way,” he said, and everyone quickly followed him as he walked to the other side of the room where they were led by a nurse through a door and down a hallway.

Reaching an odd looking door that Snowcrystal realized was made out of…not wood, but metal, the nurse suddenly stopped. “It would be better if you recalled your pokémon,” she told the trainers.

(Continued in next post...)

-My Links-

Last edited by Scytherwolf; 01-01-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:52 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Snowcrystal made sure to keep as hidden in the darkness of the backpack as possible, but she could still see as Katie gave Damian a worried glance.

“Can they stay out?” Katie asked. “They won’t be much trouble; they’re well trained. They know the heracross…and well…they don’t like poké balls too much, and…”

“Fine,” the nurse’s voice said grudgingly, and Snowcrystal heard a few odd sounds and then they stepped into what she realized must be the metal door. Suddenly she felt a horrifying sensation, like the floor itself was moving. She had no clue what kind of room they were in or if something was going horribly wrong, but she had the sense not to move or make any sounds.

Soon the odd motion sensation stopped, and they stepped out into what Snowcrystal realized was another hallway. Katie handed the backpack to Damian again and he put it back on his shoulders; now Snowcrystal could only really see the other side of the hallway as they walked further and further down it. Soon they turned and walked into a smaller room. Snowcrystal couldn’t see much of this room, but she wanted to get a better look. Not knowing if it was safe, however, she stayed put.

“Blissey, will you stay here, please?” the voice of the nurse human asked. A pokémon agreed happily, and Snowcrystal heard footsteps again, which faded quickly.

“All right,” Damian whispered. “The nurse is gone. There are just pokémon here. But we have to make this quick.” He set the backpack down and opened it, and Snowcrystal gladly stepped out.

If any of the helper pokémon working at the center stared at her odd fur color, Snowcrystal didn’t notice. She was too busy looking around at the room. This room had an odd smell to it that Snowcrystal didn’t like, but like the room where the pokémon and their trainers had been waiting, this room was very clean. It was a long room with a lower ceiling than the first room they had walked into upon entering the building. There were several beds lined up near the opposite wall, most of them occupied by various pokémon. On the beds nearest to her, she saw a beat-up looking raichu with a slightly bloodied bandage on its head, a victreebel with what she was pretty sure were burn injuries, and on the nearest bed, Nightshade.

The pokémon working at the center paid no notice as the visiting pokémon, minus Blazefang, approached Nightshade’s bed. Snowcrystal felt herself being lifted up by Damian and placed on the edge of the bed, where she could see him up close. With the humans’ bandages all over him now, she couldn’t tell how bad his injuries were. However, she could see that there were a lot of bandages. Nightshade’s eyes were closed and he wasn’t moving.

“Is he asleep?” Snowcrystal asked. Before anyone could answer, Alex reached up and shoved Nightshade-a bit too hard, Snowcrystal thought-and he opened his eyes wearily.

“Alex!” Snowcrystal hissed.

Nightshade blinked a few times as his eyes focused on the pokémon around him. He tried to push himself up off the bed a little, but quickly abandoned the attempt.

“Nightshade…” Snowcrystal began. When the heracross didn’t reply, she glanced at the others, who simply looked back at her.

After a moment, Blazefang sighed and turned away. “Hurry it up,” he muttered. “We need to get back to looking for a way to stop the Forbidden Attacks.”

At Blazefang’s words, Nightshade began to speak. “I am glad that you have all found help,” he began in a weak voice, making the pokémon surrounding his bed turn their heads toward him. Even Damian and Katie leaned closer, though they wouldn’t be able to understand his words. “Listen, Snowcrystal,” he began, still sounding dazed but looking steadily into the growlithe’s eyes. “I know that Blazefang is right and that we don’t have a lot of time to speak to each other. I also know that these humans can help in your search more than any pokémon can. Don’t wait for me to recover to keep searching, even if you have to leave the city, and don’t spend too much time coming to visit me. You need to do all you can to find a way to help the legendaries.”

“I…all right,” Snowcrystal replied. She didn’t like the idea of possibly having to leave behind the oldest and wisest pokémon in their group, but she knew that Nightshade wouldn’t want them to delay for his sake.

“Will it take a long time for you to heal?” Alex asked.

“I believe so,” Nightshade sighed. “I’m not sure how long. The nurses and pokémon haven’t told me. It may be a long time.”

Rosie growled. “If Thunder ever shows her face near one of us again, I’ll tear it off!”

“Rosie…” Nightshade said wearily.

“Um, guys, you might want to stop chatting now,” Wildflame began, and suddenly Snowcrystal felt Katie snatch her away from the bed and she was shoved rather unceremoniously back into the backpack.

From a small opening she could peer through, she saw a human nurse walk in just before Katie zipped the backpack almost closed and blocked her sight.

Standing beside Nightshade’s bed, Damian turned to face the nurse, trying to act as if nothing unusual had happened, though not doing a very good job of it. The nurse gave him a funny look and walked over to the victreebel’s bed.

“We’d better go,” Katie said nervously, watching the nurse and the wild pokémon standing around the bed nervously.

“Yeah, you’re right…” Damian replied as he looked at Nightshade. “We still have to see Stormblade.”

“Right…” Katie replied, giving the wild pokémon another worried glance.

“Well, goodbye,” he told the heracross, reaching out to stroke his head. Nightshade looked up at him with what he was sure was a grateful look.

“Her-crroh!” the heracross told him in a weak but calm voice. Damian couldn’t understand him without Arien’s translation, but he was sure he understood the meaning.

He turned and followed Katie as she moved toward the door, checking to make sure that all the pokémon were following them. “Now remember,” she said. “Behave yourselves…” Behind Damian, Rosie snorted. Turning away from the room one last time, Damian followed Katie out of the door.

This was the forest where the scyther swarm was…the same place she and the others had been to before. Was Master going toward Articuno? She hoped he was. She hoped the bird pokémon guarding the mountain would kill him. But it didn’t seem like that was going to happen. Master was only interested in the forest and the strong pokémon in it. She was, for the first time since being recaptured, allowed out of her poké ball for more than just a few minutes. Yet there was no escape.

Every time Thunder had been sent out of her poké ball so that Master could treat her wounds, he had ordered his magneton to paralyze her. Now was no different, and with Volco watching her closely and waiting for any excuse to get revenge on her for his lost eye and other past injuries, there was no way she could do anything in her weakened state even if the paralysis wore off early. As she lie on the forest floor, looking up at the leaves of the tree above her, she desperately wished the paralysis could wear off, not so that she could attack Volco, but because she wanted something, even if it was just the tree she was lying next to, to vent her frustration on. Everything had gone wrong. Everything. She had made a mistake in trying to attack Master and lost everything she had to live for.

She thought of the group of pokémon she had followed during her freedom. For just a short, short while when she had first been returned to the poké ball, she had expected them to come looking for her. Yet they hadn’t, of course. They hated her more than she hated them. That much had been clear.

She also thought of the moment in which she had attacked Nightshade. She wasn’t even sure why she had done it. She had simply reached a breaking point, a point when she couldn’t take it anymore-the pain, the hunger, the sickness, the exhaustion, the stress of being around all those pokémon she didn’t like, learning that they planned to go near a human city and she had to follow them or starve in the wild, the sheer frustration of everything-and lost control, or simply lost the ability to care. Looking back, however, she wished it had been someone else that she attacked. Not Nightshade.

In the days after heading back from Articuno’s mountain, she had tried so hard to figure out why he would ever be so willing to help her that she had started to believe he was only using her for some purpose of his own, but it wasn’t until her capture that she really allowed herself to think about it, more so than she had before, and had began to believe that maybe Nightshade wasn’t there to manipulate her at all. She had started to believe she had been wrong.

Maybe Nightshade really did just want to help her. Maybe there really were pokémon out there that naive, or stupid, or whatever it was, to invest so much time in caring for another pokémon. She hadn’t seen much point in it at first. She often remembered the pokémon she had befriended as a young scyther, only to watch them die at the hands of Master and his training methods. She had long thought that was a lesson taught to her not to rely on others, and that was why she had been so reluctant to tell anything to Stormblade or Nightshade at first. When she’d discovered that she liked talking about her plans to kill Master and Volco and about how horrible they were and how they deserved to die to someone who wouldn’t tell her to be quiet about it, she had kept doing it, but she never realized what it meant to her until now, when she had no one.

She remembered Nightshade’s insistence that he understood how she felt, or at least a little bit, he had said. She had thought he was crazy or just really stupid. When he’d told her why, she’d told him she didn’t feel sorry for him and that he was an idiot. Now, she wondered if maybe he did understand in some way…but how could she ever know? It was too late. She was far away from Nightshade now, and his injuries had seemed very severe. He might not even be alive anymore. Thunder felt a sudden feeling of hopelessness as she realized that she had probably killed her only friend.

She heard Volco calling something to one of Master’s other pokémon who was a little ways away. It was something about the forest and the pokémon in it. Thunder didn’t know how many of the forest pokémon Master had captured so far, but she knew he wouldn’t be pleased if he hadn’t capture many. From what she’d heard Volco say, he had tried to capture pokémon in the canyon and did capture some-others he killed-but most of them had gotten away. She knew that the forest pokémon he did capture would mostly likely be used as Redclaw had, not as actual fighting ring pokémon, but pokémon used to train those who would be. Though their job was mainly to be little more than a target that could fight back for Master’s stronger pokémon, they didn’t have to go through the type of hellish training that she had. They simply had to be strong enough to be able to dodge and fire a few powerful attacks. Some of them got killed during the practice battles, but even that was preferable to what the fighting ring pokémon had to go through…what she was going to have to keep going through. And she still had no idea how Master was going to punish her for running away.

Master was strange for a human, even among the other humans Thunder had seen and heard in the fighting arenas where Master earned much of his money. Most of the others were afraid to go near their pokémon. Most would never even dream of trying to hit them with a whip. But Master did, and he did it for no other reason than because he could, because he could get away with it. He loved to defy the stories humans talked about that told of masters trying to hurt their pokémon only to be killed when the pokémon found a way to turn on them. He loved being in control, and he controlled his pokémon well. The image of a cruel human with a whip was, as Volco had said, the image that came to most humans’ minds when they thought about the humans like Master. Volco had said that he was simply living up to it. Why this was important to him, Thunder had never known nor cared to try to understand.

From what she could hear, Master’s magneton was hovering near him, no doubt ready to paralyze her again if she showed any sign of movement. It was pointless, she thought, knowing that she couldn’t go anywhere. When she had been recaptured and let out of her poké ball for the first time, she had been fitted with a new type of collar that the rest of Master’s pokémon now had. Not only would this strange new collar electrocute her with the press of a button on the device that Master had to control them, but it would kill her if she moved too far away from Master, or if she somehow managed to badly damage it. Master also needed to activate a certain button on the device that controlled the collars each day to prevent them from detonating. Even if she could run away, there was no hope of survival. The only time the collars would be taken off was in an actual arena battle, when there was a risk of an unusually powerful attack setting them off, and she couldn’t escape the arenas. She had tried many times.

She wasn’t sure what she was going to do now. Master and Volco were not alone against her. Some of Master’s pokémon…even some of the ones who had been abused as badly as she had, were fiercely loyal to him. Master’s pokémon did not work together. There was a hierarchy among them, and each and every pokémon was as vicious as they could be to those below them in the hierarchy. This behavior was highly encouraged and those who cooperated with Master and were vicious toward those ranking lower than them earned more food, more rest, and better sleeping places. Any pokémon stupid enough to try and make friends with another pokémon was punished and quickly abandoned the habit. Those who were the most vicious were awarded higher ranks, and better treatment as well as more power to do as they pleased to the lower ranking pokémon. They could take out their anger on them and get rewarded for it. Those at the top got there by not only being excellent fighters, but by keeping the other pokémon in line. Master’s pokémon always sought to move up in rank or get more rewards, or simply keep from losing their rank. It was easier for them to win more rewards and keep from being the victim of the other pokémon’s cruelty than to try to fight back against Master and his other loyal pokémon, impossible odds. If one of the pokémon turned on Master, another pokémon looking for a reward would jump at the chance to put them in their place and earn Master’s respect. That is, if the attacking pokémon even got far enough with their attempt. Some of the pokémon at the top of the hierarchy were even twisted enough to like Master and agree with his ways. These pokémon saw newcomers as simply new pokémon to break. They never thought of running away, nor did any of Master’s fighting ring pokémon, who had been raised by him since they were very small, because they had no idea how to hunt or forage or survive at all in the wild, and running away would lead to them losing everything they had in the hierarchy.

Thunder had never had any place in the hierarchy. She was of the lowest rank in Master’s group of stronger pokémon because she refused to play his game. In the past she had often openly defied Master, but after that had been beaten out of her, she obeyed him, but still refused to try to gain a place in the hierarchy. She didn’t care about hurting the other pokémon; her hate was for Master alone. She did not want to please him any more than she had to. She had always chosen to forgo rewards and let the other pokémon abuse and insult her rather than do what Master wanted when she didn’t absolutely have to. She knew that Master found this endlessly amusing, which infuriated her, but it did not infuriate her as much as his pleasure with having even more control over her would. But she wasn’t going to concern herself with how she would escape again. That opportunity was gone. Escape was no longer possible. Maybe, she thought, during the next battle that would be to the death, she would simply let the other pokémon kill her.

As she was thinking this, she heard Master mutter something to himself. She caught the words ‘white growlithe’ and listened, but couldn’t hear much more. If Master was going to go after Snowcrystal, there was nothing she could do, but she hoped he wouldn’t find her. She didn’t want Master to be happy with having a rare pokémon, and as much as she didn’t like Snowcrystal, she didn’t want Master to capture her either.

After they were done resting and Master’s other pokémon had been returned, Volco waited eagerly to see what Master would decide to do next. He had managed to capture quite a few forest pokémon, many of them strong ones. The typhlosion wasn’t sure whether he was going to stay to find more or if they were going to move on.

“We’re heading back to town, Volco,” Master stated, answering the fire type’s silent question almost immediately.

Volco watched Master return Thunder and the other pokémon and then turn to look back at the forest. Though Volco could smell the scents of many dangerous pokémon that had passed through this area, he knew Master wasn’t afraid, and he had no reason to be.

“Come on,” Master told him after a moment. The typhlosion got up and followed his trainer and partner as they began walking back toward a forest clearing they had passed through before. From there, they could easily fly back to the town where Master had kept his old training facility. He could no longer use it, now that the police had discovered it, but he needed to retrieve his other pokémon from the trainer he had left them with. If the trainer had any sense, or wanted to live, all the pokémon would be there in the condition Master had left them in. Enough time had passed since the police had come that Master now thought it was safe to sneak back to the abandoned town, retrieve the pokémon, and leave.

Where they would go after that, Volco wasn’t sure. The next big fighting ring competition was a few months away. As Volco watched Master release his drifblim-one of the few pokémon he trusted enough to ride on-into the clearing, he thought back to the white growlithe. That strange boy, who couldn’t have been older than seventeen or eighteen, had taken her with him. Volco promised himself that if he could find that boy, he would tear him and his pokémon apart until he found the poké ball he was keeping the growlithe in. That boy had disappointed his master. Volco was going to make him pay.

(Continued in next post...)

-My Links-
Old 12-31-2010, 04:56 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Compared to the other buildings in Stonedust City, the long-term pokémon hospital the trainers had been talking about looked actually friendly, at least at a first glance. It was a massive white building with many windows and several large outside enclosures surrounding it. Snowcrystal saw a pond with a small waterfall, a rocky area with large boulders, and a place with several tall trees she thought must be there to represent a forest. There were others behind the building that she could not see well, but what she could see with her limited vision from Damian’s backpack looked peaceful and serene.

Yet as they got closer, there seemed to be a sense of foreboding and dread about the place that made Snowcrystal shudder. The pokémon in the enclosures were not playing happily, but limping slowly around their small spaces or lying unmoving. Several of them had missing limbs and many had bandages around their legs or heads and moved very slowly as they went for a drink of water from one of the pools or to one of the food bowls set out. Most looked too tired to move much at all. And these, she knew, were the healthier pokémon that were being kept there. The whole place had such a strong air of despairing misery about it that it made Snowcrystal feel depressed just looking at it. She could almost sense the pain and sickness and hopelessness coming from the pokémon unlucky enough to end up here.

As they passed the gate to the steps leading up to the front doors, an absol wobbled toward them on three legs from inside one of the enclosures. It had bandages around its head and looked unsteady, peering at them through glazed eyes. Damian stopped to look at it, but Snowcrystal couldn’t see his face. He looked at it for what felt like quite a while before Katie pulled him away and they walked up to the building’s front doors, the rest of Snowcrystal’s friends following in subdued silence, looking around nervously.

Katie pulled open the door and walked inside, while Damian held it open for the pokémon. “I don’t like this place!” Alex said loudly as she shuffled inside, peering around nervously.

“Quiet!” Blazefang growled her.

Katie walked up to the human near the front desk, and Snowcrystal ducked down further into the backpack (or as far as she could in such a small space) as another human walked over.

“Excuse me?” the human said rather rudely.

“Uh…what?” Damian replied, sounding startled.

“If you’re going to bring pokémon in here, keep them in their pokéballs! If you want to visit a pokémon here….since I’m sure that’s what you’re here for, considering that none of these pokémon look like they need to stay here…then you must realize that there are many sick and injured pokémon here and they do not need any illnesses brought in by yours.”

“Oh…sorry…I’ll just…take them…back outside.” Damian hurriedly went back through the doors and the pokémon followed him, looking a bit confused.

“What do we do now?” Wildflame asked.

“I guess Katie will have to go see Stormblade herself,” Redclaw muttered, “though Rosie, you might want to think about letting these humans help you with your leg…”

“Are you crazy!?” Rosie shouted. “I’m not letting a human lock me up in a place like this! And I don’t need to be! I’m not ready to drop down dead like the rest of the pokémon in here!”

At Rosie’s words, Snowcrystal felt like she had been stabbed with a claw. Stormblade was one of the pokémon in there, and now that she thought of it, he could very well end up like she was sure some of the pokémon in this building did and would…that he would die in spite of all the help the humans tried to give him. She realized, for the first time, that this could be her last opportunity to see Stormblade at all.

“I have to get in that building,” she said in a determined voice, forcing open a large enough hole in the backpack’s zipper to stick her head out. “I need to see Stormblade…to tell him what happened.” She didn’t emphasize further than that.

“You really want to see him, don’t you?” Snowcrystal was surprised to hear Damian’s voice. She knew he couldn’t understand her, but her eagerness was obvious. She stared back at him, hoping he’d somehow understand how much this meant to her.

“I’m going to go back in,” he told the other pokémon, zipping the backpack mostly shut again. “Stay out here and wait, and don’t cause any trouble or bother the pokémon in the enclosures, all right?”

Redclaw looked back at him and made a happy barking noise, then sat down on his haunches by the rest of the pokémon, who after a moment’s hesitation gathered around him.

“We won’t be long,” Damian replied, “No one should bother you. I’ll be right back.”

He stepped into the doors again, and Snowcrystal caught a glimpse of her friends, Rosie, Wildflame, and Redclaw in particular, looking through the glass at her and wondered if they had wanted to see Stormblade as much as she had. She realized quickly that they had opted to stay behind and wait, without Damian’s protection, so she could have a chance. Even Blazefang looked calm and not at all aggressive as he peered back at her, though he didn’t seem like he really understood why this was so important to her.

The glass door which her friends were peering through vanished as Damian walked out of view of it and toward Katie, who was waiting for him uncertainly. “You sure this is a good idea?” she asked as they followed the human now leading them to Stormblade’s room. “Leaving the pokémon out there?”

“No one will bother them,” he replied. “Plenty of pokémon run errands for their trainers. People will think that they’re doing that and waiting for us.”

“I think I’ve already learned that I can’t trust you when you say everything’s going to be fine, you know,” Katie muttered back. Damian didn’t reply.

For a moment, things were silent until movement caught Snowcrystal’s eye and she peered out to see a young eevee racing down the hall excitedly. The eevee bumped into Damian’s leg and came to a halt. Snowcrystal looked down to see the little pokémon staring up at her, or what little he could see of her, with brown eyes.

“Hi!” he said happily, wagging his tail. Snowcrystal could see that he had what was once obviously a very nasty wound on his forehead as well as his shoulder, but they both looked nearly healed now.

Snowcrystal didn’t want to reply in case it gave her away. Luckily the eevee was distracted when Damian reached down to pet it. “I like your trainer!” he cried happily, giving a little bounce.

“Jake! What are you doing?” a human voice shouted from the other end of the hallway. A female human about Katie’s age, presumably there to help out with some of the simpler tasks for the pokémon, appeared around a corner and ran past the startled nurse and trainers and scooped the eevee up in her arms. “You aren’t well yet!” she cried. “You need to rest more!”

“I don’t want to rest!” the eevee protested, struggling in the human’s arms.

Snowcrystal didn’t hear what the human said in response, for she was now carrying him back the way she’d come. Snowcrystal wondered if that was her eevee, or just one belonging to another trainer she had decided to help out. It made her feel a bit better about this place, for now she knew that for some pokémon, there was hope for healing. That eevee, apart from a few scars, would be a perfectly normal and happy, healthy pokémon once he was completely well and able to leave. However, she knew that there were many others who weren’t going to be so lucky.

They continued walking, not seeing any other humans and pokémon, just rows and rows of doors. “Here we are,” the nurse leading them told them, and opened one of the doors. They walked into another hallway, but unlike the one they had just come through, this one was much wider, and along the walls were little rooms with big windows taking the place of the doors that would have separated them from the hallway. In several of the small rooms were pokémon, each lying on a soft bed on the soft floor. Also in the rooms were food and water bowls and a small tray that Snowcrystal realized must be a place for the pokémon to relieve itself, seeing as they couldn’t go outside. They passed a vileplume that was obviously badly burned, with very little remaining of its petals, a mightyena whose back and hind legs were also severely burned, and several other pokémon with the same types of injuries. Snowcrystal even saw a forlorn looking growlithe, its back turned away from the window, also with severe burns. Looking at its orange shape, Snowcrystal wondered how a fire type like herself had gotten in that state. She thought, for one horrible fleeting moment, that it might have gotten injured when Shadowflare had burned the forest down, but as they passed it she got a closer look, and from what she could see, the more minor burns that were almost healed and weren’t covered by bandages were not Shadowflare wounds.

Snowcrystal understood that this was the place where the humans kept all the burned pokémon. None of them stirred as they walked by. Snowcrystal kept looking in each of the windows for Stormblade, but he didn’t seem to be in any of them. They reached the end of the hallway and Snowcrystal finally saw the room that was Stormblade’s. It was right near some large doors leading to some other place, which Snowcrystal thought might be where the humans kept their supplies, whatever they were, that would help the injured pokémon. Stormblade’s room was larger than most of the others, but he only occupied a small corner of it, the corner with the bed. He looked far too weak to move, and Snowcrystal wasn’t sure he could. His food and water had been placed right next to his head, but they looked untouched. What’s wrong with him? She thought. Hadn’t Katie mentioned he’d been doing better?

“Can we go inside?” she heard Damian ask the strange human.

“Yes,” Katie answered for him, and Snowcrystal remembered that she had been there before.

Snowcrystal watched as the human who had led them there walked up to a place in the wall next to the room and pressed some buttons on an odd looking device, and the window-or what Snowcrystal had thought had been a window-flickered and vanished.

Snowcrystal could see the nurse human watching them as they walked inside, and she didn’t seem like she was going to leave. She saw Katie kneel down beside the bed, which was very low to the ground, and heard footsteps walking away. For some reason or other, the nurse human had left.

Damian set down the backpack and opened it before kneeling down as well. Snowcrystal freed herself from it and walked over to Stormblade. She noticed some strange tendrils made of some human-made stuff going into parts of Stormblade’s upper arm. She wondered if they were hurting him, but not knowing what they were for, she didn’t try to remove them, as much as she wanted to.

As soon as he realized the humans were there, Stormblade opened his eyes and looked up at Snowcrystal, a look of disbelief on his face. “S-Snowcrystal?” he whispered. “How did you get here?”

She could tell that it took him some effort to speak, and that he would have asked her more questions if he could. She looked at him and then glanced nervously back in the direction the human had been standing, and seeing her do this, Damian sat behind her, blocking her from view of the hallway. Not knowing how much time she had, she quickly told Stormblade some of the things that had happened since he’d left the group, about how she had found Articuno and what he had said, and what she had decided to do afterward. She also told him about how she and the others had met up with Damian, and how he was going to help them.

Stormblade listened but did not react much. Snowcrystal hoped that he simply believed her without finding everything too surprising and that he wasn’t simply too exhausted and weak for it to surprise him. When she had finished telling him the vastly shortened version of the story, he asked her a question. “What about Thunder?” he whispered. “Is she okay? With the humans? Is she getting better?”

Snowcrystal fell silent and avoided Stormblade’s gaze. She hadn’t wanted to talk about Thunder, but she knew as soon as he’d asked that he had a right to know. “Thunder…” she replied, thinking of what to say for a moment before she realized the human could come back at any minute, and she needed to tell him quickly. “Thunder got captured again…by her old master,” she said quietly.

“What?” Stormblade’s reply was weak but shocked. “What do you mean?”

“He found us by the canyon where…where Moonlight lived…she tried to attack him, but before she got a chance, he returned her…he still had her pokéball. We haven’t seen her since.” She didn’t say anything else. She couldn’t bring herself to look at the expression of alarm and horror on Stormblade’s face any longer. She knew how he felt about Thunder. He knew more than anyone, apart from possibly Nightshade, what her life with her old trainer was like…what her life was going to be like again. Snowcrystal looked back at Stormblade, and seeing the hurt and disbelief in his eyes, she didn’t have the heart to tell him what Thunder had done before she had been captured.

After a moment Stormblade looked away from her and closed his eyes. “Stormblade?” she whispered, but he didn’t try to reply. Somehow she knew that he wasn’t going to try and talk any longer.

“I think so,” she heard Katie reply. She had just barely noticed that Katie and Damian had been talking. “The nurses were saying that the infection’s getting stronger and that’s why…well, he’s worse now. I did what I could when I was away from the cities, and it seemed like it was working for a while…but I guess the medicine wasn’t strong enough…”

Damian didn’t reply, but kept looking at Stormblade. He slowly moved the bowl of water toward Stormblade’s mouth, but the scyther didn’t attempt to drink out of it. After a moment, Damian gave up and set the bowl back down, looking helpless. Snowcrystal thought he looked just as sad as she felt, even though he didn’t even know Stormblade. Maybe it wasn’t just Stormblade, but all the injured pokémon he was thinking about, she thought. The whole place seemed enough to make anyone-human or pokémon-depressed. Katie, however, didn’t seem nearly as affected by it. She regarded Stormblade with concern, but didn’t seem overly worried about him. Of course… Snowcrystal thought. She still thinks he’s a murderer…

Snowcrystal’s ears pricked as she heard the sound of footsteps approaching. Quickly she got back into the backpack and Damian closed it as the human approached. This time, as they walked back through the hallways, Snowcrystal did not try to look through the opening in the backpack at her surroundings. She did not want to see the place anymore.

When they reached the doors that led outside and to the other pokémon, Snowcrystal was surprised when no one asked her questions. She figured that someone, maybe Redclaw, had told them not to until they got back to the camp the humans had set up.

To her relief, there were no incidents with humans during the journey back to the city. They made it back to the camp safely, and Damian told Todd and Inferno to watch the camp and left with Katie to go to the library, promising the two once again that they would get a turn to go next time.

“Shouldn’t we…have stayed with them to be closer to the library?” Alex asked. “So we can hear any news faster?”

“No…” Wildflame replied. “I’ve had enough of that human city for one day.”

“What did Stormblade say to you?” Rosie asked Snowcrystal, who really did not want to answer.

“She’ll tell us later,” Redclaw interrupted. “Now get some rest. You could use some after all that traveling. We all could.”

Grateful not to have to answer questions for the moment, Snowcrystal wandered to just outside the camp, alone but not too far from the others. She couldn’t help but feel that she was partially responsible for what had happened to Stormblade. If she hadn’t agreed to join up with him and Spark…if she hadn’t met him at all, this wouldn’t have happened. He would be healthy and probably would have found a better home by now. And it wasn’t just him. Other pokémon had suffered because they had wanted to help her. Nightshade and Rosie…even Thunder, though whether she had ever wanted to help or not, Snowcrystal wasn’t sure. They had all been in danger many times because of the mess she’d brought them into, willingly or not. And now she wasn’t even sure if this was something they could really make a difference in or not. They were just ordinary pokémon, searching for something the legendary Articuno did not even know. And how many more pokémon would suffer trying to find it? Cyclone wanted Blazefang’s Forbidden Attack, and even though he had to be far away by now and there was little chance he knew where Blazefang was, she couldn’t shake the feeling of terror she got when she thought of him, like she was prey hiding in a forest, desperately hoping not to be scented, followed, and found. She didn’t think Cyclone would simply give up. He was out there, undoubtedly searching for other Forbidden Attacks, other attacks that would affect the lives of many pokémon, near and far.

She now understood, really understood, why Scytheclaw had refused to try and heal Stormblade. He wanted no part in all this, and she couldn’t blame him. But despite that, she still wanted to try and convince him, for Stormblade’s sake, because no matter how Scytheclaw, or she, felt about it, Stormblade deserved some sort of hope. And this was the only possible hope he had. She just hoped that somehow, she would be able to help make things right…not just for Stormblade, but for everyone whose lives her quest had changed.

To be continued...

(Jake the eevee was another reference to one of my old stories. An eevee named Jake was a character in a story I wrote in November 2006. Also, the part with Stormblade at the end was written when I was really sad about something, so I guess that was a good scene to write then. I'm going to try and write this and Mind Whisperer more often so there isn't such a huge gap in the chapters again. ^^; Hopefully I'll have better luck with the next chapter. )

-My Links-

Last edited by Scytherwolf; 01-01-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:26 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

First reply~! :D

Goll, this chapter was depressing D: Yet even still, I felt some hope. Stormblade and Nightshade are getting medical help, at least, and the gang (well, except Thunder) is together again. I really do feel sorry for Thunder (though she'd hate me for it, I know). This "Master" guy is utterly evil; it's horrible how he treats his Pokemon! D:< Yet he shows us a very realistic side to human nature, a side that we really wouldn't see in Pokemon, eh? I hope Thunder can get away from him again D:

Thank goodness for the comic relief in here! I get a kick out of Alex, with how innocent, oblivious, and obnoxoius she can be xD And then that little part with Jake was adorable :3 I wanted to pick him up and give him a big ole hug <3 Poor guy, wonder what happened to him D:

Okay, so little responses to sentances:

Quote:
When she’d discovered that she liked talking about her plans to kill Master and Volco and about how horrible they were and how they deserved to die to someone who wouldn’t tell her to be quiet about it, she had kept doing it, but she never realized what it meant to her until now, when she had no one.
No, I didn't see any grammar or spelling stuff, but I just wanted to say: this sentance is huge! xD Not that that's bad, don't get me wrong xD
Quote:
That boy had disappointed his master. Volco was going to make him pay.
...WHAT??? Okay, I have new suspicoins for Damien. I still think he's good, but WHAT IS THIS SENTANCE????
Quote:
As they passed the gate to the steps leading up to the front doors, an absol wobbled toward them on three legs from inside one of the enclosures. It had bandages around its head and looked unsteady, peering at them through glazed eyes. Damian stopped to look at it, but Snowcrystal couldn’t see his face. He looked at it for what felt like quite a while before Katie pulled him away and they walked up to the building’s front doors, the rest of Snowcrystal’s friends following in subdued silence, looking around nervously.
This part with the Absol... does this show something about Damian's past? :o Hmm...

Quote:
She couldn’t help but feel that she was partially responsible for what had happened to Stormblade. If she hadn’t agreed to join up with him and Spark…if she hadn’t met him at all, this wouldn’t have happened. He would be healthy and probably would have found a better home by now. And it wasn’t just him. Other pokémon had suffered because they had wanted to help her
Nooooo! Don't blame yourself, Snow D: None of this is your fault!!! D:

Er... that's all I got for now. But this was a nice new chapter!!! As always, it was beautiful--I could picture everything, and the characters all seemed so real to me. Keep up the awesome work! :D

Old 12-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Yeah, this was a sad chapter. I was really sad while writing the second half of it, so that's part of the reason why. And yeah, I wanted to kind of explain of bit of what it's like growing up as one of Master's pokemon. Everyone hates everyone else, and no one's nice to you.

I'm glad you liked those parts! I'm not sure what happened to Jake either, but he probably got attacked by a wild predator or something like that (hopefully not a vicious trainer).

Yeah, I know. I couldn't find any other way to write it. D:

Nuuuuuuuuu, Damian dissapointed Master by taking the white growlithe away so he couldn't catch her! He didn't work for Master or anything. XD

'Hmmm...' indeed. XD

Yeah...she still feels guilty though, even though the bad stuff was caused by other pokemon.

Thank you! I'm glad you could picture it well. Thanks, I will!

-My Links-
Old 01-01-2011, 02:21 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
Okay, a new chapter is finally done! This one took a while due to writer's block, but I finally got it finished. (Thank you Pikachu's Great Adventure for being inspiring.) And wow, 50th chapter. When I started this story, I had no idea The Path of Destiny would turn out this long. And there's still such a long way to go. o:

This chapter started turning out longer than I thought, so some of the stuff that was going to be in this chapter will have to be in the next one. I know not a lot happens, but the some of the stuff in this one is important. I hope it at least gives you something to wonder about.
WOOOOOOOOOT! I'm so happy you got it finished! ^v^ (xDDD It's awesome that was such a big help. But all the while, I'm not surprised!) Hehe, congrats on the big five-zero. Even though not a lot happened, it was still a really interesting chapter. :D

Quote:
Redclaw seemed happier than Snowcrystal had seen him lately; he would often run on ahead, then double back to circle the trainers.
THAT'S SO CUTE!!!!!!! xDDDDDDDD I love this image.

Quote:
A young human child was running toward Katie, Damian, and the pokémon with an excited look on its face. “Ninetales!” she shouted, reaching out her arms. “Mommy, he has a ninetales!”
xDDDDDDDD The girl! *remembers the excerpt you showed me*

Quote:
Instead, she tried to lunge toward the little human, but Damian pushed her back with his leg. Rosie replied by biting it.
xDDDDDDDDDDDD I remember this too!

Quote:
He seemed like he was trying to sound cheerful, but he sounded in pain.
xDDDD Haha, aww, poor Damian. Dx

Quote:
“Abigail, what do you think you’re doing?
Abigail. *giggles* That's such a cute name for a little girl. xDD Also, you put a singular quotation mark at the end instead of a double mark.

NEXT POST.

Quote:
and Snowcrystal heard a few odd sounds and then they stepped into what she realized must be the metal door. Suddenly she felt a horrifying sensation, like the floor itself was moving. She had no clue what kind of room they were in or if something was going horribly wrong, but she had the sense not to move or make any sounds.
I really love how you described the elevator! It's a really cool description, and at first I had no idea what was happening. xDDDDD But soon after I realised. x)

NEXT POST AGAIN.

Quote:
Damien set down the backpack and opened it before kneeling down as well.
Wow, his spelling suddenly changed. xD

Quote:
When they reached the doors that led outside and the other pokémon, Snowcrystal was surprised when no one asked her questions.
There should be a 'to' between 'and' and 'the'.

Quote:
She just hoped that somehow, she would be able to help make things right…not just for Stormblade, but for everyone who’s lives her quest had changed.
Should be 'whose'.

Quote:
(Jake the eevee was another reference to one of my old stories. An eevee named Jake was a character in a story I wrote in November 2006. Also, the part with Stormblade at the end was written when I was really sad about something, so I guess that was a good scene to write then. I'm going to try and write this and Mind Whisperer more often so there isn't such a huge gap in the chapters again. ^^; Hopefully I'll have better luck with the next chapter. )
Haha, yay for references to stories! 8D I love doing things like that. x) Aw, well I guess it was a good time to write it. :( It was a sad scene. Well don't rush. We all know how long I take to write a chapter. xDDD

Well that was really cool. c: I'm so happy they finally got to go see Stormblade and Nightshade... But it was really sad. D: I almost feel like there was no point to it, and I think Snowcrystal felt that way too, to a degree. I mean, Stormblade must have been really happy to see Snow again, and to know about everything so far must be a relief for him, rather than being kept in the dark. Now that I think about it, it is a good thing that Nightshade and Stormblade are in different hospitals. Because Stormblade doesn't know about what Thunder did to Nightshade, and if he found out...I don't know how he'd react. D:

But what I meant by I feel like there wasn't much point in them visiting him was that, well...well Snow got to talk to him, but he didn't really reply. Like, he must have been so overwhelmed by what happened to Thunder that he couldn't have replied. I also wonder if he blames himself a little for not being able to be there to help her, since he's been there (whether it was futilely or not is another question) for her in the past at times. It really saddens me that he didn't reply to Snowcrystal, and I know he couldn't to a point because of his injuries and the amount of pain he'd be in, but I dunno... I think Snow felt like she was doing something really good by visiting, and she probably thought it would make him happy to be able to see her again. Yet the only thing that came from it was something bad. Or, a few bad things... And ouch, I feel so sorry for Stormblade... To be crippled for so long like that, and for him to have to be taken care of must really hurt his pride, as well as all the physical pain. Dx And on top of that, he can't see his friends (unless they fit in backpacks xD) and I doubt he gets much social contact at all. The nurses would have no time to accompany every pokemon, even once in a while, and therefore he must be chronically lonely, despite having so many pokemon around him. D:

As for Nightshade, well he doesn't have it much better. I mean, his bed is much more open, so he would feel like he's having more contact, though I doubt he is. His wounds must really hurt too. Dx But his wounds seem more treatable, and at least he's able to talk more. I guess that helps. o: But he was happy they all came to see him, so that's good. =)

About Thunder...well, seeing things from her point of view was certainly interesting, and very engaging. I thought all the things she was thinking about the hierarchy were intriguing, and even though you explained it to me already, it's really cool to read it from her point of view. I think everything about Nightshade and wondering if she really should have done it or not was sad, because obviously she regrets doing it, even if it's just a little. I'm really glad she's at least saying that maybe he was actually trying to help without any personal gain, and that maybe they were friends after all. Because maybe is better than a solid no! But really... It's so sad she's captured. When she was talking about how she blew her chance at permanent freedom I felt really sad. She's right, and she knows she was the one who screwed it all up, yet she didn't really mean to. I think she's softer than she knows (xDD) and I really like seeing things from her point of view. I'm glad I got to see things her way, because it feels like I understand her even a tiny bit more now. She thinks so different to how she's portrayed by any of the other pokemon, which I find really cool and interesting. o: I hope I get to see more of her soon, and I'm glad we did after a few chapters!

I see how everything works now... It's so interesting that Master is one of those really rare trainers who CAN whip his pokemon, and who can do practically anything with them. And in response, he still has "fiercely loyal" pokemon, which means he has more power over them, as well as protection from any pokemon who tries to strike back, like what was mentioned.

I'm not surprised Thunder refused to play his game, because she doesn't seem like the kind of character to do so, and I'm glad she didn't! Though it's still really frustrating that he finds it amusing she refuses, yet he'd find it amusing if she did. So it's a win/win situation for him either way, because...either way, he's still got control over her, and can manipulate her with his coercive power. It's so evil...yet it works for him. I guess he'd be REALLY happy with himself and very proud, because if you think about it, he was once that scrawny trainer with a weak starter to everyone laughed at, and now he's probably one of the best trainers around, evil or not. As well as that, he had to start somewhere, and look where it's gotten him. I reckon the fact that he learned that he could gain all he wanted by treating his pokemon in any way he wanted has definitely encouraged him, and therefore he probably figures that's the only way he can get such power over his pokemon. Although, it's not like he wouldn't want to do that, because he doesn't care about his pokemon's welfare (unless they're dying and important battlers, of course) and therefore figures it wouldn't matter how he treated them... Just as long as he gets the power and wealth he wants.

You know, I reckon Master likes power more than he likes money. And he loves the fact that people fear him, and that he is the one people would "look up" to, I guess--well, the people who strive to be like him, anyway. But wow...he's someone you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. O_o And I have a feeling that if he was killed, his pokemon wouldn't stop until each of them got revenge and then...they'd kill each other. O_o And if they didn't kill each other, they'd kill themselves trying to survive in the wild. Or...imagine if trainers tried to capture them. *GAPS* I don't think many pokemon could stand up to one of Master's pokemon, let alone a human. Dx They'd be slaughtered the moment his pokemon looked at them. Dx

I could kind of actually see Snow running away and trying to do this by herself, especially since she blames herself. However, since it affects Blazefang too, him being the one with a Forbidden Attack and all, that would be a bit silly. xD But I understand how she could blame herself, however unnecessary it is. But at the same time, if anyone should be blamed for Stormblade's unfortunate condition, we all know it should be Blazefang. I also nearly forgot about Scytheclaw's Forbidden Attack...and how it's Stormblade's last hope. I realise that Scytheclaw will probably never agree to help unless he was on the verge of death or something, and I wonder if...well if he did do it, would it cause him pain for a long period of time, or just for the time he was healing? o: It would be really interesting if he gained the burns, though I know that wouldn't happen because of what happened to that pidgey he healed by mistake. xD

I'm definitely looking forward to more, and I hope they find something really cool in the library! :D It's really good you were able to finish this. Pikachu's Great Adventure definitely is an awesome game, and it's really cool it managed to inspire us! 8D

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 01-01-2011 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:19 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
WOOOOOOOOOT! I'm so happy you got it finished! ^v^ (xDDD It's awesome that was such a big help. But all the while, I'm not surprised!) Hehe, congrats on the big five-zero. Even though not a lot happened, it was still a really interesting chapter. :D
Me too! I hope I can get the next one done faster! I've been in a PoD mood lately. xD Well I'm glad it was interesting!

Quote:
THAT'S SO CUTE!!!!!!! xDDDDDDDD I love this image.
I liked imagining it too!

Quote:
xDDDDDDDD The girl! *remembers the excerpt you showed me*

xDDDDDDDDDDDD I remember this too!

xDDDD Haha, aww, poor Damian. Dx
Yeah, haha, he's not good at lying!

Quote:
I really love how you described the elevator! It's a really cool description, and at first I had no idea what was happening. xDDDDD But soon after I realised. x)
I guess it was kinda confusing (in a good way?). xD

Quote:
Wow, his spelling suddenly changed. xD
I blame the fact that every other story seems to spell it that way. DX

I'll have to go and fix the mistakes a little later, but thanks for telling me about them!

Quote:
Haha, yay for references to stories! 8D I love doing things like that. x) Aw, well I guess it was a good time to write it. :( It was a sad scene. Well don't rush. We all know how long I take to write a chapter. xDDD
Yeah, I love putting them in too! Path of Destiny has a lot of little random things that are references to past stories I wrote. XD

Quote:
Well that was really cool. c: I'm so happy they finally got to go see Stormblade and Nightshade... But it was really sad. D: I almost feel like there was no point to it, and I think Snowcrystal felt that way too, to a degree. I mean, Stormblade must have been really happy to see Snow again, and to know about everything so far must be a relief for him, rather than being kept in the dark. Now that I think about it, it is a good thing that Nightshade and Stormblade are in different hospitals. Because Stormblade doesn't know about what Thunder did to Nightshade, and if he found out...I don't know how he'd react. D:
Yeah, Stormblade was really relieved to see her, and happy she was safe...but not so happy with the news she brought him. Yeah, it is. Though if they were in the same place and they got a chance to talk to each other, Nightshade would probably make up a story about what happened to him instead. I think everyone knows that Stormblade wouldn't react well to knowing what Thunder did.

Quote:
But what I meant by I feel like there wasn't much point in them visiting him was that, well...well Snow got to talk to him, but he didn't really reply. Like, he must have been so overwhelmed by what happened to Thunder that he couldn't have replied. I also wonder if he blames himself a little for not being able to be there to help her, since he's been there (whether it was futilely or not is another question) for her in the past at times. It really saddens me that he didn't reply to Snowcrystal, and I know he couldn't to a point because of his injuries and the amount of pain he'd be in, but I dunno... I think Snow felt like she was doing something really good by visiting, and she probably thought it would make him happy to be able to see her again. Yet the only thing that came from it was something bad. Or, a few bad things... And ouch, I feel so sorry for Stormblade... To be crippled for so long like that, and for him to have to be taken care of must really hurt his pride, as well as all the physical pain. Dx And on top of that, he can't see his friends (unless they fit in backpacks xD) and I doubt he gets much social contact at all. The nurses would have no time to accompany every pokemon, even once in a while, and therefore he must be chronically lonely, despite having so many pokemon around him. D:
Well, the 'pointlessness' of that scene was intentional, and from Snowcrystal's point of view, it was pretty pointless, though not entirely, since she got to tell him about where they were in their journey and what had happened. From a story point of view, the scene was there because Stormblade knowing what happened to Thunder is important. From Stormblade's point of view, he didn't reply because he didn't see any point, and he really didn't want to say or have Snowcrystal say anything more on the subject. Stormblade might blame himself a little bit, for not being successful in trying to help her before, but then again he realizes there was nothing he could do to stop Master even if he was there, so he's mostly just worried about her.

Snowcrystal wasn't originally intending to tell him about Thunder at all...but when he asked...she realized she couldn't lie to him. Part of the reason it turned out so bad was that Stormblade is feeling pretty hopeless to begin with. He doesn't have any hope for himself, and he doesn't have much hope for Thunder either.

Yeah, I imagine being injured would be hard for most scythers, especially when it leaves them helpless. Stormblade's not the type to be bitter and angry at those who try to help him; in fact, he's really grateful to them, but knowing he can't care for himself anymore is pretty difficult for him. Stormblade was once a very powerful scyther, bigger and stronger than average, and he was used to not only taking care of himself but taking care of Spark too, and to suddenly go from that to being helpless and have to stay that way...well, I'm sure you know what I mean.

I'm surprised (in a good way XD) you picked up on the loneliness thing. It's true that he gets almost no social contact with other pokemon or humans. The humans are too busy taking care of him to really interact with him otherwise, and he can't see any of the other pokemon. The younger trainers who go there to help and visit the pokemon are taken to see the healthier ones, usually the ones that can be let out in the outside enclosures or who are almost better enough to do so. The more severe ones...especially ones with injuries close to Stormblade's, are kept separate and by themselves, and the humans and pokemon working there just don't have the time to do their job and interact with the severely injured pokemon. And for a social, living-in-groups species like a scyther, that's really difficult too. Even when the nurses notice he stopped eating and drinking, they're not going to have the time to find out exactly what's causing it (as it's not something physical), so they're probably just going to make him somehow and leave it at that.

Quote:
As for Nightshade, well he doesn't have it much better. I mean, his bed is much more open, so he would feel like he's having more contact, though I doubt he is. His wounds must really hurt too. Dx But his wounds seem more treatable, and at least he's able to talk more. I guess that helps. o: But he was happy they all came to see him, so that's good. =)
Nah, Nightshade's gonna be lonely too. =C And he's another living-in-groups pokemon. Though he can communicate with the pokemon on the beds near him, at least. And yeah, he'd still be in pain. He's pretty tough, like Stormblade, but being stuck in the pokemon center in pain isn't fun for anyone. DX Yeah, the conversation with Nightshade went much better than Stormblade's, apart from Rosie's comment about Thunder sorta upsetting him.

Quote:
About Thunder...well, seeing things from her point of view was certainly interesting, and very engaging. I thought all the things she was thinking about the hierarchy were intriguing, and even though you explained it to me already, it's really cool to read it from her point of view. I think everything about Nightshade and wondering if she really should have done it or not was sad, because obviously she regrets doing it, even if it's just a little. I'm really glad she's at least saying that maybe he was actually trying to help without any personal gain, and that maybe they were friends after all. Because maybe is better than a solid no! But really... It's so sad she's captured. When she was talking about how she blew her chance at permanent freedom I felt really sad. She's right, and she knows she was the one who screwed it all up, yet she didn't really mean to. I think she's softer than she knows (xDD) and I really like seeing things from her point of view. I'm glad I got to see things her way, because it feels like I understand her even a tiny bit more now. She thinks so different to how she's portrayed by any of the other pokemon, which I find really cool and interesting. o: I hope I get to see more of her soon, and I'm glad we did after a few chapters!
I'm glad you thought it was interesting! I wanted to reflect on what it's like living as one of Master's pokemon a little bit, even though there was a lot more I could say. I think the hierarchy thing was most important though, so I included that.

Yes, she does regret it. She doesn't fully realize she does, but she does. Part of the reason she didn't want to believe Nightshade was a friend was because she was afraid he really wasn't, but once she lost him, she began to really wonder if he was a friend, and really realized what she lost. Yeah, I think she is. XD She knows it's her fault, and she can't blame anyone else, which is what she was always doing in the past. Thanks! I'm glad you found it interesting! Most of the other pokemon don't see much to Thunder, even Snowcrystal thinks she's just an angry pokemon who doesn't like being weak, and while not liking being weak is part of Thunder's personality, it's not for the reasons everyone assumes. She doesn't hate being weak because it's shameful; I mean, being beat up and insulted all her life, she isn't exactly worried about shame, she just finds being vulnerable hopeless, like the feeling of being trapped in a cage with no way out. And she hates it when other pokemon know and acknowledge it, because all her life, other pokemon knowing her weakness means they're going to attack her at some point, so she's suspicious of that and tries (in vain) to convince the others she's not weak so she's not a 'target' for any attack. Also, contrary to popular belief, she really doesn't care whether or not others feel sorry for her (as in, she doesn't find it insulting or shameful), she's just nervous when anyone shows her kindness, due to being manipulated and abused by the rest of Master's pokemon after sometimes being shown false kindness.

Quote:
I see how everything works now... It's so interesting that Master is one of those really rare trainers who CAN whip his pokemon, and who can do practically anything with them. And in response, he still has "fiercely loyal" pokemon, which means he has more power over them, as well as protection from any pokemon who tries to strike back, like what was mentioned.
Yeah, I mean, I know in the past I've read stories about trainers using whips on strong pokemon (rather than weak ones like starters and such) and getting attacked, and I always thought of it as a dangerous sort of thing to do. And yes, he knows he's in charge. D:

Quote:
I'm not surprised Thunder refused to play his game, because she doesn't seem like the kind of character to do so, and I'm glad she didn't! Though it's still really frustrating that he finds it amusing she refuses, yet he'd find it amusing if she did. So it's a win/win situation for him either way, because...either way, he's still got control over her, and can manipulate her with his coercive power. It's so evil...yet it works for him. I guess he'd be REALLY happy with himself and very proud, because if you think about it, he was once that scrawny trainer with a weak starter to everyone laughed at, and now he's probably one of the best trainers around, evil or not. As well as that, he had to start somewhere, and look where it's gotten him. I reckon the fact that he learned that he could gain all he wanted by treating his pokemon in any way he wanted has definitely encouraged him, and therefore he probably figures that's the only way he can get such power over his pokemon. Although, it's not like he wouldn't want to do that, because he doesn't care about his pokemon's welfare (unless they're dying and important battlers, of course) and therefore figures it wouldn't matter how he treated them... Just as long as he gets the power and wealth he wants.
Yeah, she really wants to rebel against him in any way she can, even if it's just that, and even if it doesn't do her any good (and even hurts her). Yep, definitely a win/win. He doesn't see her defiance as a threat, he just kinda laughs at the fact that it gets her insulted and beat up by the other pokemon.

Oh yes, Master is VERY happy with how far he's come. Yep, definitely one of the strongest trainers. Most other trainers wouldn't stand a chance against one of his pokemon. Damian and his pokemon sure didn't....they had to get out of there FAST! Yeah, the only pokemon Master cares about (on a friendship level) is Volco. He doesn't care what happens to the others as long as they're fit to battle and win for him.

Quote:
You know, I reckon Master likes power more than he likes money. And he loves the fact that people fear him, and that he is the one people would "look up" to, I guess--well, the people who strive to be like him, anyway. But wow...he's someone you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. O_o And I have a feeling that if he was killed, his pokemon wouldn't stop until each of them got revenge and then...they'd kill each other. O_o And if they didn't kill each other, they'd kill themselves trying to survive in the wild. Or...imagine if trainers tried to capture them. *GAPS* I don't think many pokemon could stand up to one of Master's pokemon, let alone a human. Dx They'd be slaughtered the moment his pokemon looked at them. Dx
Well, you're right! Money is important to him, but he lives for that feeling of power and control over humans and pokemon. That and being someone others look up to and envy, rather than pity or laugh at. Yes, definitely. I kind of wonder who's the creepiest seeming character between him, Solus, and Cyclone. Probably the latter two, but still. Yeah, Master dying would be bad news for all the pokemon. So would the escape of one of the stronger pokemon other than Thunder, the ones that did play the hierarchy game and learned to love power and tormenting others. Thunder's pretty tame compared to them, because she never really cared much about hurting other pokemon for the sake of hurting them; her hatred was only focused on Master and Volco.

Quote:
I could kind of actually see Snow running away and trying to do this by herself, especially since she blames herself. However, since it affects Blazefang too, him being the one with a Forbidden Attack and all, that would be a bit silly. xD But I understand how she could blame herself, however unnecessary it is. But at the same time, if anyone should be blamed for Stormblade's unfortunate condition, we all know it should be Blazefang. I also nearly forgot about Scytheclaw's Forbidden Attack...and how it's Stormblade's last hope. I realise that Scytheclaw will probably never agree to help unless he was on the verge of death or something, and I wonder if...well if he did do it, would it cause him pain for a long period of time, or just for the time he was healing? o: It would be really interesting if he gained the burns, though I know that wouldn't happen because of what happened to that pidgey he healed by mistake. xD
Wait, Snow trying to do what? Kill Master? (Unless you're talking about something else that I missed). Yeah, that would be a futile attempt, to put it lightly. And Blazefang's not about to use his Forbidden Attack, not that they even know where Master is or where he's going. D: Yeah, Blazefang's to blame, but he really tries too hard not to think about it to feel much guilt. =/ Yeah...Scytheclaw. Snowcrystal's not going to give up on him simply because she's desperate for Stormblade to heal. Well, she's not even sure how much pain he's in from normal healing, though she does assume a Forbidden Attack would be worse. Scytheclaw doesn't understand the severity of it so much as he's just like "I don't wanna be in pain and I'm not going near a scyther because it makes me depressed seeing one because I wish I was one. *sob sob*"

Quote:
I'm definitely looking forward to more, and I hope they find something really cool in the library! :D It's really good you were able to finish this. Pikachu's Great Adventure definitely is an awesome game, and it's really cool it managed to inspire us! 8D
Thanks! I'm glad the chapter wasn't horrible. XD I want to write more soon, so hopefully the next chapter won't take so long. Yes it is! I hope it was inspiring to you!

-My Links-

Last edited by Scytherwolf; 01-01-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:25 AM
zinachu012 Offline
New Trainer

:DDD WONDERFUL CHAPTER
Even if it was rather depressing :( But Nightshade and Stormblade are getting help! That's all that matters! Even though I was upset with Thunder for attacking Nightshade, I can't help but feel sorry for her...No one deserves to go through that again.

I really hope that the gang can stop the Forbidden Attacks. They need to find Arceus! He should know what to do!

Of course, this isn't my story and I'm not going to tell you how to write it lol. But if Snowcrystal can't find the source of the Forbidden Attacks, then we're all royally screwed.

Can't wait for next chapter!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:14 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Yeesh. How depressing! Nightshade is getting better, but Stormblade is only getting worse :/ And to receive that sort of news about Thunder...He's gotta be crushed.

Poor Thunder! She doesn't deserve that, especially since she refuses to take part in the hierarchy. She has courage.

Skye: Never lose hope, for when all hope is lost, you are doomed to suffer whatever fate you have chosen.

*Blowing petals of anger* Why that Master jerk! I'd blast Volco into oblivion and beat the living tar out of his human trainer! >:(
Old 01-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Me too! I hope I can get the next one done faster! I've been in a PoD mood lately. xD Well I'm glad it was interesting!

I guess it was kinda confusing (in a good way?). xD

I blame the fact that every other story seems to spell it that way. DX

I'll have to go and fix the mistakes a little later, but thanks for telling me about them!

Yeah, I love putting them in too! Path of Destiny has a lot of little random things that are references to past stories I wrote. XD

Yeah, Stormblade was really relieved to see her, and happy she was safe...but not so happy with the news she brought him. Yeah, it is. Though if they were in the same place and they got a chance to talk to each other, Nightshade would probably make up a story about what happened to him instead. I think everyone knows that Stormblade wouldn't react well to knowing what Thunder did.
Woo! 8D That would be really awesome! I hope I can finish the 20th chapter of TtEoaF soon too. o: Though I'm not very far into it...

Yeah, it definitely was a good this that it was confusing. xDD

Oh, okay. xDDD

No worries! :D There weren't many. The quoting posts was mainly me pointing things out. xDD Like Rosie quotes. xDD

They're so cool! Oh, really? xDD Awesome. I have one noticeable one, and once you read AL more (well, once I get chapters done and show them to you xD) you'll get a reference. x)

Yeah. I think it's good to catch up. x) Oh, that's true. I guess Nightshade wouldn't want to worry him. No, he wouldn't react well. D: Poor Stormblade.

Quote:
Well, the 'pointlessness' of that scene was intentional, and from Snowcrystal's point of view, it was pretty pointless, though not entirely, since she got to tell him about where they were in their journey and what had happened. From a story point of view, the scene was there because Stormblade knowing what happened to Thunder is important. From Stormblade's point of view, he didn't reply because he didn't see any point, and he really didn't want to say or have Snowcrystal say anything more on the subject. Stormblade might blame himself a little bit, for not being successful in trying to help her before, but then again he realizes there was nothing he could do to stop Master even if he was there, so he's mostly just worried about her.

Snowcrystal wasn't originally intending to tell him about Thunder at all...but when he asked...she realized she couldn't lie to him. Part of the reason it turned out so bad was that Stormblade is feeling pretty hopeless to begin with. He doesn't have any hope for himself, and he doesn't have much hope for Thunder either.
*has explained what I actually meant on AIM, and how I meant from Snow's point of view, not from a 'this scene is pointless' point of view* xD Yeah. I basically meant I was sad that he didn't really reply, but it makes sense why he didn't. x) Yeah, that is true. They couldn't go and do some kind of rescue mission, even if Stormblade was well! Yeah.

Yeah, I didn't think so. o: Yeah, I understand. I think she did the right thing, personally. Yeah, I know. D: THERE'S NO HOPE! Dx

Quote:
Yeah, I imagine being injured would be hard for most scythers, especially when it leaves them helpless. Stormblade's not the type to be bitter and angry at those who try to help him; in fact, he's really grateful to them, but knowing he can't care for himself anymore is pretty difficult for him. Stormblade was once a very powerful scyther, bigger and stronger than average, and he was used to not only taking care of himself but taking care of Spark too, and to suddenly go from that to being helpless and have to stay that way...well, I'm sure you know what I mean.
Definitely. If it's in the wrong place, it can be really damaging. Like, one damaged leg would be A LOT of trouble, but for Rosie, she still has three other legs. Mm, I totally know what you mean. And to go so suddenly from being healthy to being crippled is definitely scary, and hard to grasp. In fact, if it was any other scyther in his place, I don't know if they'd be able to cope at all. D: And about Spark and Stormblade... That's something I wanted to ask though. o: It just seems to me like they aren't really close friends, even though they were travelling together and once both belonged to Justin. At first I got the sense that they were really good friends and everything, but now I'm not exactly sure. o: I mean, Spark doesn't seem to care about him any more than the rest of them, apart from Snowcrystal, who cares more, and so maybe I was wrong? o: Or he might not show his affection much or something...

Quote:
I'm surprised (in a good way XD) you picked up on the loneliness thing. It's true that he gets almost no social contact with other pokemon or humans. The humans are too busy taking care of him to really interact with him otherwise, and he can't see any of the other pokemon. The younger trainers who go there to help and visit the pokemon are taken to see the healthier ones, usually the ones that can be let out in the outside enclosures or who are almost better enough to do so. The more severe ones...especially ones with injuries close to Stormblade's, are kept separate and by themselves, and the humans and pokemon working there just don't have the time to do their job and interact with the severely injured pokemon. And for a social, living-in-groups species like a scyther, that's really difficult too. Even when the nurses notice he stopped eating and drinking, they're not going to have the time to find out exactly what's causing it (as it's not something physical), so they're probably just going to make him somehow and leave it at that.

Nah, Nightshade's gonna be lonely too. =C And he's another living-in-groups pokemon. Though he can communicate with the pokemon on the beds near him, at least. And yeah, he'd still be in pain. He's pretty tough, like Stormblade, but being stuck in the pokemon center in pain isn't fun for anyone. DX Yeah, the conversation with Nightshade went much better than Stormblade's, apart from Rosie's comment about Thunder sorta upsetting him.
xDD Cool. It was just something I thought of, really. xDD Yeah, that's right. o: He'd be alone a lot. D: Oh yeah, and the ones that maybe the young trainers would feel they have a hope of actually helping. Because even if someone did go and visit Stormblade, they couldn't really do anything for him. D: Yeah...which is depressing. Dx Oh yeah... o: Yeah, that's another thing, about him not eating and drinking. D: Which means, yeah...no time for anything. Maybe Damian should put up pretend fliers for "volunteer help wanted" at the pokemon centre. xDDD

He will be. :c Mm... No, no matter how strong you are. D: It did. True...but it was better that he was with them when Thunder was captured, and when...he was attacked... Dx Than to have to be told, I mean. Because then it's a shock and more bad news. D:

Quote:
I'm glad you thought it was interesting! I wanted to reflect on what it's like living as one of Master's pokemon a little bit, even though there was a lot more I could say. I think the hierarchy thing was most important though, so I included that.

Yes, she does regret it. She doesn't fully realize she does, but she does. Part of the reason she didn't want to believe Nightshade was a friend was because she was afraid he really wasn't, but once she lost him, she began to really wonder if he was a friend, and really realized what she lost. Yeah, I think she is. XD She knows it's her fault, and she can't blame anyone else, which is what she was always doing in the past. Thanks! I'm glad you found it interesting! Most of the other pokemon don't see much to Thunder, even Snowcrystal thinks she's just an angry pokemon who doesn't like being weak, and while not liking being weak is part of Thunder's personality, it's not for the reasons everyone assumes. She doesn't hate being weak because it's shameful; I mean, being beat up and insulted all her life, she isn't exactly worried about shame, she just finds being vulnerable hopeless, like the feeling of being trapped in a cage with no way out. And she hates it when other pokemon know and acknowledge it, because all her life, other pokemon knowing her weakness means they're going to attack her at some point, so she's suspicious of that and tries (in vain) to convince the others she's not weak so she's not a 'target' for any attack. Also, contrary to popular belief, she really doesn't care whether or not others feel sorry for her (as in, she doesn't find it insulting or shameful), she's just nervous when anyone shows her kindness, due to being manipulated and abused by the rest of Master's pokemon after sometimes being shown false kindness.
Of course I did! 8D Yeah, I see. I think it was really good you included the hierarchy, because the way everything works means the structure sticks firmly together and won't fall. Master's smart...like a good villain always is!

Yeah. But even if she did realise it, I doubt she'd ever admit it to herself. xDD Yeah, that makes sense. How could you be so trusting and not be so afraid to lose someone after what she went through? D: I think that's a really sad reason she didn't want to be friends. D: Ahh, that's true. And I guess she'd be a little confused because she has to blame herself. No worries. x3 Of course I did. xD Yeah...except Nightshade, who tried to see through her. Yeah... Oh, really? o: Wow, that's a good point, but...I never thought of it like that. o: Now that I think about it, that makes total sense, and it makes me feel more sorry for her. DDDx She seems like any other pokemon--one who wants hopes and dreams, but every time she tries to have one, it shatters and falls between her scythes. D: Oh, really? Woah, I didn't realise that either...that when pokemon acknowledge it, she'd be afraid to see what they do to her! It makes a lot of sense. o: I think it'll be cool to reveal those things at some point, somehow. o: Ahh...that also makes sense. xD I think what she needs is someone to show her truthful kindness, and I feel like her violence towards Nightshade was necessary for that progress in her. Like, that she did something so awful to him, but he didn't make any move to hurt her back. It kind of shows her that some pokemon can be nice, and she might actually end up trusting him...MAYBE...just a little. If they see each other again. D: Imagine how awkward that'll be. O_O Would Thunder apologise? o:

Quote:
Yeah, I mean, I know in the past I've read stories about trainers using whips on strong pokemon (rather than weak ones like starters and such) and getting attacked, and I always thought of it as a dangerous sort of thing to do. And yes, he knows he's in charge. D:

Yeah, she really wants to rebel against him in any way she can, even if it's just that, and even if it doesn't do her any good (and even hurts her). Yep, definitely a win/win. He doesn't see her defiance as a threat, he just kinda laughs at the fact that it gets her insulted and beat up by the other pokemon.

Oh yes, Master is VERY happy with how far he's come. Yep, definitely one of the strongest trainers. Most other trainers wouldn't stand a chance against one of his pokemon. Damian and his pokemon sure didn't....they had to get out of there FAST! Yeah, the only pokemon Master cares about (on a friendship level) is Volco. He doesn't care what happens to the others as long as they're fit to battle and win for him.
I haven't read many besides one about an eevee a long time ago...which was a one-shot. And was not very good. xDD Oh, yeah. o: It reminds me of the trainer in Beyond the Bush. He was a really lame, not wealthy man who tried to get somewhere by beating his pokemon. That kind of failed, since, firstly, he only had five or six pokemon, and they were all fairly weak. And yeah, when they got stronger (or when the rattata came along) he was overthrown without too much of a fight. Sure, he could have killed any of them, but they managed to kill him beforehand. That's an example of a fail Master-wannabe. xD

Yeah, exactly. D: It really sucks that he can beat her as much as he wants, but she can't do anything to him which would damage him nearly as much.

Definitely. >.< He's so scary. Dx I'd say so. he could beat me any day. xDDD No. One of his pokemon could probably wipe out two or three of another person's pokemon before getting damaged. O_o No, they wouldn't. D: If he didn't have Arien, I don't think he would have survived. But it was so awesome when he came into the story. xD I was so happy there was another character that seemed to stand a chance. Well, not against Master, but I was like, "Yay, new good guy!" Yeah, I thought so. o: I wonder how Volco feels about that. Clearly he would feel really privileged, but I wonder if he has any doubts about Master suddenly changing his mind. Would he become submissive all of a sudden? Upset? Would he even turn against Master? o: Nah, I doubt that. He'd more like try to fight his way into Master's favourite spot again.

Quote:
Well, you're right! Money is important to him, but he lives for that feeling of power and control over humans and pokemon. That and being someone others look up to and envy, rather than pity or laugh at. Yes, definitely. I kind of wonder who's the creepiest seeming character between him, Solus, and Cyclone. Probably the latter two, but still. Yeah, Master dying would be bad news for all the pokemon. So would the escape of one of the stronger pokemon other than Thunder, the ones that did play the hierarchy game and learned to love power and tormenting others. Thunder's pretty tame compared to them, because she never really cared much about hurting other pokemon for the sake of hurting them; her hatred was only focused on Master and Volco.
Yay. xDD Mm, and I bet he loves being feared. And he probably thinks the police are idiots and everything. o: Oh, that reminds me! I didn't actually know the reason Master came out this far into the wild, but then when it mentioned that he did because the police found his house, I realised that that made perfect sense. o: Yay for plothole-less stories! xDD Oh, I wonder too. O_o Really? I think Master and Solus are the creepiest, probably. I have a soft spot for Cyclone because of the AMV and knowing what happened to hi. :c I know it doesn't excuse him at ALL, but I can't help feeling sorry for him. D: Cyclone's sick and twisted, but...I find Solus really creepy, and Master a different kind of creepy. o: Yeah. I think that's good that her hatred was focused on Master and Volco rather than everyone else. Because everyone else would be unnecessary... and I guess she might believe that they were twisted by Master, and therefore blame him for their cruelty anyway.

Quote:
Wait, Snow trying to do what? Kill Master? (Unless you're talking about something else that I missed). Yeah, that would be a futile attempt, to put it lightly. And Blazefang's not about to use his Forbidden Attack, not that they even know where Master is or where he's going. D: Yeah, Blazefang's to blame, but he really tries too hard not to think about it to feel much guilt. =/ Yeah...Scytheclaw. Snowcrystal's not going to give up on him simply because she's desperate for Stormblade to heal. Well, she's not even sure how much pain he's in from normal healing, though she does assume a Forbidden Attack would be worse. Scytheclaw doesn't understand the severity of it so much as he's just like "I don't wanna be in pain and I'm not going near a scyther because it makes me depressed seeing one because I wish I was one. *sob sob*"

Thanks! I'm glad the chapter wasn't horrible. XD I want to write more soon, so hopefully the next chapter won't take so long. Yes it is! I hope it was inspiring to you!
xDDDDDDDDD No, hahaha, I meant Snow running away to finish this Forbidden Attack quest on her own! Because, you know, she thinks she's the one to blame because she started the quest for Articuno in the first place, which is what led to everything. xDDD Sorry, I said "this" and didn't specify what "this" was. xDD And then I said that it would be silly because Blazefang is the one with the attack, and therefore he's the one who wants to find out how to get rid of it, so if Snow ran off to do it on her own, then Blazefang would be forever cursed by it. xDDD Haha, not attacking Master. NOOOOO, I did NOT think about them doing that. Dx They'd all be killed or captured. D: Mm... Yeah, exactly. I didn't think she'd give up. xD True. o: xDDDD Yes, he's basically like that. But I see it from both pokemon's points of view.

No worries! Of course it wasn't horrible. xDDD That would be awesome! :D It was. *v* I hope I can write more soon!

Also, did I talk about this last time? About what would happen if Master's pokemon joined Cyclone? O_o Like, if Cyclone's army stormed the place where Master was camping out or something, and he was killed...what would his pokemon do? Cyclone would love for them to join, but I don't think they would, because, well...they would have killed Master. o: I guess that's a way to get rid of both the army and Master's pokemon...for them all to kill each other off. O_o It'd be absolutely horrific, don't get me wrong, but it might work. Dx Even though probably half the pokemon in the army were forced to join. ALSO. IMAGINE IF ONE OF MASTER'S POKEMON HAD A FORBIDDEN ATTACK. I think I talked about that last time too... But THAT would be scary. And attract Cyclone even more! Oh wow, what if Thunder got a Forbidden Attack? O_o I'd be scared she'd use it too often out of rage, and end up killing everyone. Dx Well, she'd be able to kill Master, possibly... Also, her collar sounds really stupid. >:Z I mean, it's a really good invention and I love how you've created the detonation and the shocks and everything, but for HER...it's stupid. Dx Now she has NO hope of escape, and like she said, it's pretty much impossible with that collar. Dx I wonder where Master got his hands on them... No doubt he has millions of contacts, and he has plenty of money to spare, I'm sure. Dx That guy seems invincible at this stage! Dx

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinachu012 View Post
:DDD WONDERFUL CHAPTER
Even if it was rather depressing :( But Nightshade and Stormblade are getting help! That's all that matters! Even though I was upset with Thunder for attacking Nightshade, I can't help but feel sorry for her...No one deserves to go through that again.

I really hope that the gang can stop the Forbidden Attacks. They need to find Arceus! He should know what to do!

Of course, this isn't my story and I'm not going to tell you how to write it lol. But if Snowcrystal can't find the source of the Forbidden Attacks, then we're all royally screwed.

Can't wait for next chapter!
Thank you! And thanks for the comments. I've been really curious about what people think of Thunder now.

Well, that would be pretty difficult, and there's no guarantee he'd know anything either. Finding other legendaries could be beneficial, but considering how elusive they are, very difficult, so they're going with Spark's plan of trying to find human knowledge for now.

Yes, they will be. D: Though of course, I can't really give any hints about what they're going to do or what's going to happen. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Yeesh. How depressing! Nightshade is getting better, but Stormblade is only getting worse :/ And to receive that sort of news about Thunder...He's gotta be crushed.

Poor Thunder! She doesn't deserve that, especially since she refuses to take part in the hierarchy. She has courage.

Skye: Never lose hope, for when all hope is lost, you are doomed to suffer whatever fate you have chosen.

*Blowing petals of anger* Why that Master jerk! I'd blast Volco into oblivion and beat the living tar out of his human trainer! >:(
Yep. D: Nightshade is going to be there a while, though. And yeah, Stormblade has nothing to do now but lay there and think about what Snowcrystal told him now.

Yeah, she's definitely a brave pokemon. That's one of her strengths. (Not that it does her much good under Master's control, however.)

Yes...unfortunately for some of them (Thunder and Stormblade in particular), they have lost hope.

Spark: ME TOO. >=C If I could...I mean. He can keep Thunder though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
[FONT="Arial Unicode MS"]

Woo! 8D That would be really awesome! I hope I can finish the 20th chapter of TtEoaF soon too. o: Though I'm not very far into it...

No worries! :D There weren't many. The quoting posts was mainly me pointing things out. xDD Like Rosie quotes. xDD

They're so cool! Oh, really? xDD Awesome. I have one noticeable one, and once you read AL more (well, once I get chapters done and show them to you xD) you'll get a reference. x)

Yeah. I think it's good to catch up. x) Oh, that's true. I guess Nightshade wouldn't want to worry him. No, he wouldn't react well. D: Poor Stormblade.
That's all right...I'm excited for ALL your stories. =D

Okay, good. XD

Yeah, I love when you point out little random things in the quotes like that!

Oh, really? I'll try to look out for it!

Yes, it is. Yeah, I think Nightshade would see it as less damaging to just tell him another wild scyther attacked him after Thunder was captured or something. And Stormblade wouldn't expect him to lie, so he'd probably believe it. Though I guess it's better they're separate from each other, even if it means they can't talk to one another. No he wouldn't. D:

Quote:
*has explained what I actually meant on AIM, and how I meant from Snow's point of view, not from a 'this scene is pointless' point of view* xD Yeah. I basically meant I was sad that he didn't really reply, but it makes sense why he didn't. x) Yeah, that is true. They couldn't go and do some kind of rescue mission, even if Stormblade was well! Yeah.

Yeah, I didn't think so. o: Yeah, I understand. I think she did the right thing, personally. Yeah, I know. D: THERE'S NO HOPE! Dx
Yeah, I see what you mean now. XD It's sad for Snowcrystal because now she can't really help him herself any more, and she knows he's going to be sad about it. And it's sad for Stormblade too, of course. Yeah, they wouldn't stand a chance against Master's pokemon. They would have to move on, even if Stormblade was healthy enough to battle (or attempt to battle) Master's pokemon.

I think she did too, because even if she hadn't told him, Stormblade would have known something was wrong by the way she was acting. D:

Quote:

Definitely. If it's in the wrong place, it can be really damaging. Like, one damaged leg would be A LOT of trouble, but for Rosie, she still has three other legs. Mm, I totally know what you mean. And to go so suddenly from being healthy to being crippled is definitely scary, and hard to grasp. In fact, if it was any other scyther in his place, I don't know if they'd be able to cope at all. D: And about Spark and Stormblade... That's something I wanted to ask though. o: It just seems to me like they aren't really close friends, even though they were travelling together and once both belonged to Justin. At first I got the sense that they were really good friends and everything, but now I'm not exactly sure. o: I mean, Spark doesn't seem to care about him any more than the rest of them, apart from Snowcrystal, who cares more, and so maybe I was wrong? o: Or he might not show his affection much or something...
Yeah...(Like when Thunder's leg got broken in that one roleplay? XD) Or when Stormblade had to sort of 'walk' with his scythes to limp around. Yep, that or something like both arms being damaged. D: Yeah, it is...D= Stormblade's pretty strong to have been able to survive that well, and most pokemon probably wouldn't.

Oh really? o: Well, Spark and Stormblade are friends, and Spark does care about him....it just doesn't show a lot of that "on screen" (which was probably a mistake on my part). And for the most part, well, he just doesn't know what to do, and in this chapter, he did want to visit Stormblade, but Justin took him with him to the library instead.

Quote:
xDD Cool. It was just something I thought of, really. xDD Yeah, that's right. o: He'd be alone a lot. D: Oh yeah, and the ones that maybe the young trainers would feel they have a hope of actually helping. Because even if someone did go and visit Stormblade, they couldn't really do anything for him. D: Yeah...which is depressing. Dx Oh yeah... o: Yeah, that's another thing, about him not eating and drinking. D: Which means, yeah...no time for anything. Maybe Damian should put up pretend fliers for "volunteer help wanted" at the pokemon centre. xDDD
I really like how you think of these things. xD He would. D: And yeah, most of the younger trainers are better off helping the healthier, recovering pokemon, since they can play with them and it's easier to make them happy and feel like they're helping. I'm sure most wouldn't know what to do with Stormblade. Huh? *confused* Him eating and drinking means no time for anything? o.o Haha, that sounds like something he would do. XD Though, I'm not sure they'd even be allowed to see the really badly injured pokemon if they didn't really know how to act around them, especially the younger trainers. Even if there were a few trainers that could help, Stormblade would only get a few visits. =/

Quote:
He will be. :c Mm... No, no matter how strong you are. D: It did. True...but it was better that he was with them when Thunder was captured, and when...he was attacked... Dx Than to have to be told, I mean. Because then it's a shock and more bad news. D:
Yep...at least Nightshade can handle it better than Stormblade. Yeah, I see what you mean. It was a huge shock for Stormblade. D:

Quote:
Of course I did! 8D Yeah, I see. I think it was really good you included the hierarchy, because the way everything works means the structure sticks firmly together and won't fall. Master's smart...like a good villain always is!
Yeah, I thought it would be a good time to explain that. Yes, Master's definitely smart, and he thinks things through.

Quote:
Yeah. But even if she did realise it, I doubt she'd ever admit it to herself. xDD Yeah, that makes sense. How could you be so trusting and not be so afraid to lose someone after what she went through? D: I think that's a really sad reason she didn't want to be friends. D: Ahh, that's true. And I guess she'd be a little confused because she has to blame herself. No worries. x3 Of course I did. xD Yeah...except Nightshade, who tried to see through her. Yeah... Oh, really? o: Wow, that's a good point, but...I never thought of it like that. o: Now that I think about it, that makes total sense, and it makes me feel more sorry for her. DDDx She seems like any other pokemon--one who wants hopes and dreams, but every time she tries to have one, it shatters and falls between her scythes. D: Oh, really? Woah, I didn't realise that either...that when pokemon acknowledge it, she'd be afraid to see what they do to her! It makes a lot of sense. o: I think it'll be cool to reveal those things at some point, somehow. o: Ahh...that also makes sense. xD I think what she needs is someone to show her truthful kindness, and I feel like her violence towards Nightshade was necessary for that progress in her. Like, that she did something so awful to him, but he didn't make any move to hurt her back. It kind of shows her that some pokemon can be nice, and she might actually end up trusting him...MAYBE...just a little. If they see each other again. D: Imagine how awkward that'll be. O_O Would Thunder apologise? o:
Maybe not. XD But then again, remorse isn't an emotion she's used to thinking about, so it's probably confusing. Yeah...Thunder has a hard time believing that anyone would help her just to be nice. It took losing Nightshade and the others to make her finally really consider that possibility. Yeah, knowing that SHE'S the one at fault for getting herself into that situation is really difficult for her, because she can't focus her anger on the other pokemon like usual, and she's furious at her own mistake. Yeah, you're right-any hopes or dreams she had were constantly taken away from her in the past, and even when she escaped from Master, she couldn't adapt well to being in the wild or traveling with a group. Yes, I do plan to reveal this stuff and more about it in the future. Yep, she doesn't want to seem weak because she still thinks the others are going to use that as an excuse/way to torment her.

Yes, she does need that. Nightshade was trying to show it to her, but she refused to trust him. I'm glad you notice things like that! Yes, she definitely noticed that the only thing Nightshade tried to do when she attacked him was to shield his eyes from being torn out by Thunder's scythes. Yeah, that would be awkward. D:

Quote:
I haven't read many besides one about an eevee a long time ago...which was a one-shot. And was not very good. xDD Oh, yeah. o: It reminds me of the trainer in Beyond the Bush. He was a really lame, not wealthy man who tried to get somewhere by beating his pokemon. That kind of failed, since, firstly, he only had five or six pokemon, and they were all fairly weak. And yeah, when they got stronger (or when the rattata came along) he was overthrown without too much of a fight. Sure, he could have killed any of them, but they managed to kill him beforehand. That's an example of a fail Master-wannabe. xD

Yeah, exactly. D: It really sucks that he can beat her as much as he wants, but she can't do anything to him which would damage him nearly as much.
Oh, really? o: I've read a few of them. Haha, I thought so, especially since he had small, low leveled pokemon (from what I remember). Haha, "fail Master-wannabe". XDDDD I kinda wonder how he and Master would interact if they'd met (or Master saw that guy's training methods. xD).

Yeah, it does. And he knows it, too. He can make her as mad or depressed as he wants, and she can't do anything about it.

Quote:
Definitely. >.< He's so scary. Dx I'd say so. he could beat me any day. xDD No. One of his pokemon could probably wipe out two or three of another person's pokemon before getting damaged. O_o No, they wouldn't. D: If he didn't have Arien, I don't think he would have survived. But it was so awesome when he came into the story. xD I was so happy there was another character that seemed to stand a chance. Well, not against Master, but I was like, "Yay, new good guy!" Yeah, I thought so. o: I wonder how Volco feels about that. Clearly he would feel really privileged, but I wonder if he has any doubts about Master suddenly changing his mind. Would he become submissive all of a sudden? Upset? Would he even turn against Master? o: Nah, I doubt that. He'd more like try to fight his way into Master's favourite spot again.
Yeah, he'd tear me and my pokemon to shreds too. D: Yeah, his pokemon would destroy most trainer's pokemon without a lot of effort (well, Volco would have some trouble, but he's not trained like the other ones). You're right-Damian and his pokemon would have been killed if he hadn't gotten out of that situation when he did. XDDD "Yay, a good guy!" Well, I'm glad you like him! Oh, Volco's not very worried about being demoted or anything. It's to Master's advantage to have a companion pokemon who is treated well, is reasonably strong (and has a type advantage against a certain rebellious pokemon), and very loyal to him. Even if Volco wanted to, he wouldn't rebel against Master because of what the other pokemon would do to him (even after Master's death). Basically, Volco is treated the best agrees with Master's ways, so he has no reason to rebel unless Master does suddenly change or something and even then he likely wouldn't risk it. Master isn't about to turn against Volco, though, because it's an advantage for him to have another pokemon he can trust not to turn against him, not to mention one he can walk around in public with without attracting attention from the police or other trainers due to the pokemon having bad scars or injuries. (Basically, he can appear like a normal trainer walking around with his normal pokemon).

(Continued in next post.. DX)

-My Links-
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

(Continued from last post...it was too long! >.<)

Quote:
Yay. xDD Mm, and I bet he loves being feared. And he probably thinks the police are idiots and everything. o: Oh, that reminds me! I didn't actually know the reason Master came out this far into the wild, but then when it mentioned that he did because the police found his house, I realised that that made perfect sense. o: Yay for plothole-less stories! xDD Oh, I wonder too. O_o Really? I think Master and Solus are the creepiest, probably. I have a soft spot for Cyclone because of the AMV and knowing what happened to hi. :c I know it doesn't excuse him at ALL, but I can't help feeling sorry for him. D: Cyclone's sick and twisted, but...I find Solus really creepy, and Master a different kind of creepy. o: Yeah. I think that's good that her hatred was focused on Master and Volco rather than everyone else. Because everyone else would be unnecessary... and I guess she might believe that they were twisted by Master, and therefore blame him for their cruelty anyway.
Yes, he uses fear as one of his ways of controlling others, and he very much enjoys being feared. Yeah, he does think a lot of them are. Yet at the same time he doesn't underestimate them. The part with the police finding it was actually mentioned a few chapter's back (though only briefly) but since it was so long ago I don't expect you to remember. XD But yeah, I felt I needed to put that in there to remind people. XD Yes, plotholes are baaaaaaaad! *stares around at ground suspiciously while holding shovel* Yeah, I see what you mean. o: I was more thinking of future Cyclone and what he's like, but yeah, I do feel sorry for him too. Yet I find him creepy at the same time. (Curious, but who do you think is worse/creepier? Solus or Master?) Yes, Thunder's smart enough to realize that Master's the one behind the hierarchy and the other pokemon's cruelty. She wouldn't hesitate to attack them out of self defense (although that doesn't get her anywhere), but she doesn't bother with attacking them for the sake of attacking them. She saves that desire for Master and Volco.

Quote:
xDDDDDDDDD No, hahaha, I meant Snow running away to finish this Forbidden Attack quest on her own! Because, you know, she thinks she's the one to blame because she started the quest for Articuno in the first place, which is what led to everything. xDDD Sorry, I said "this" and didn't specify what "this" was. xDD And then I said that it would be silly because Blazefang is the one with the attack, and therefore he's the one who wants to find out how to get rid of it, so if Snow ran off to do it on her own, then Blazefang would be forever cursed by it. xDDD Haha, not attacking Master. NOOOOO, I did NOT think about them doing that. Dx They'd all be killed or captured. D: Mm... Yeah, exactly. I didn't think she'd give up. xD True. o: xDDDD Yes, he's basically like that. But I see it from both pokemon's points of view.
OOoooooh, okay. XD I was confused because you said that right after you were talking about Master getting killed, and I was thinking "Huh? o.o" Yeah, she knows that doing that is pointless, and that she would have next to no chance of finding anything alone. And she doesn't want to just abandon her access to human's knowledge so soon after finding it. Yeah, they would. O.O Nope, she's going to keep trying because she wants to do anything to help Stormblade. Yeah, me too. I wouldn't want to be the one with that power OR the one trying to convince him to help.

Quote:
No worries! Of course it wasn't horrible. xDDD That would be awesome! :D It was. *v* I hope I can write more soon!
Okay, that's good. XD I hope so too! And that we get a chance to write together!

Quote:
Also, did I talk about this last time? About what would happen if Master's pokemon joined Cyclone? O_o Like, if Cyclone's army stormed the place where Master was camping out or something, and he was killed...what would his pokemon do? Cyclone would love for them to join, but I don't think they would, because, well...they would have killed Master. o: I guess that's a way to get rid of both the army and Master's pokemon...for them all to kill each other off. O_o It'd be absolutely horrific, don't get me wrong, but it might work. Dx Even though probably half the pokemon in the army were forced to join. ALSO. IMAGINE IF ONE OF MASTER'S POKEMON HAD A FORBIDDEN ATTACK. I think I talked about that last time too... But THAT would be scary. And attract Cyclone even more! Oh wow, what if Thunder got a Forbidden Attack? O_o I'd be scared she'd use it too often out of rage, and end up killing everyone. Dx Well, she'd be able to kill Master, possibly... Also, her collar sounds really stupid. >:Z I mean, it's a really good invention and I love how you've created the detonation and the shocks and everything, but for HER...it's stupid. Dx Now she has NO hope of escape, and like she said, it's pretty much impossible with that collar. Dx I wonder where Master got his hands on them... No doubt he has millions of contacts, and he has plenty of money to spare, I'm sure. Dx That guy seems invincible at this stage! Dx
I think you might have..but I don't really remember. XD And don't mind talking about it again if you did! I think Cyclone would have a hard time controlling Master's pokemon. He could probably kill them with his Forbidden Attack, or at least some of them as the attack isn't as powerful as it could be yet. Them meeting up would certainly be interesting... o: Oh yes, that WOULD be scary. That attack would be out of control. DX Thunder having a Forbidden Attack would be scary as well. She definitely wouldn't be able to control it as well as Blazefang can, and even he can't help using it sometimes. Haha, I know what you mean this time. XD Yes, it is. She's stuck there, and she knows she can't leave. You're right, Master does. They're very expensive and not something most trainers like him can get their hands on, but well...being among the most powerful trainers and having a ton of money and contacts has its advantages. I'm glad he does (as bad as it is for the characters) because I want him, like the other villains to seem like a real threat.

-My Links-
Old 01-09-2011, 08:23 AM
UberRaichu Offline

Send a message via MSN to UberRaichu

Hooray, new chapter!!! Quite depressing in several ways, but still awesome most definitely! One more thing, does Jake the Eevee remind anyone else of Doug, from Up? It's probably just me, but still, his personality seems alot the same.

Hatches @38
Scizor @143
Mastered @323

Sorry, I'm boring, no more sig for you yet.

Last edited by UberRaichu; 01-11-2011 at 03:40 AM.