Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Default Re: [Fan fic of the year 2008 Runner up] The Path of Destiny (PG/PG-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
LoL, I knew it! xD I'm curious to see what the Bug-type (or maybe steel type?) Forbidden attack is, as well as all the other ones. :3
Yep, all the Forbidden Attacks will appear in the story at one point or another. =3

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 02-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

(Okay, new chapter! I don't really like it, and I ended up cutting a lot out, but I really needed to get this story moving again. XD Plus I'm excited for events in the future. Anyway, this is chapter 46...not too much action, but it's kinda important anyway.)

The Path of Destiny

Chapter 46-An Unsettling Discovery

By evening, the group had made their way back down the mountain and onto the plains. Snowcrystal had told the three who had stayed behind what had happened, and now they all rested at the base of the mountain in silence, each with their own thoughts.

Wildflame in particular felt lost. Everything she had hoped for, even the hopes that had seemed impossible, had been dashed when Articuno had refused to go with them. Now she did not know whether to return to her pack empty pawed, or follow Blazefang in the hopes that he would know what to do. But then again, he had his own problems that had nothing to do with her. Should she go back to the mountain? The snow was melting anyway; it wasn’t like there was any more risk that Articuno would reverse it to help the growlithe clan, but yet…the hopes of pleasing Firedash and gaining a higher rank in her own clan were gone. Did she really want to go back to her pack life? With so little freedom and so many with ranks above her? The houndoom’s thoughts drifted as she glanced over the pokémon gathered around her.

Should she keep going with them? They were looking for new homes, weren’t they? Then again, she had lied to them…they couldn’t trust her…but at the same time, she realized, tricking them on Blazefang’s orders was in the past. She figured that none of that mattered now, and as she glanced around at the others once again, watching them rest and talk, she decided that they didn’t need to know.

“Which way do you think we should go then?” Alex asked. The group had rested for a while and was now headed away from the mountain. “I mean, I know you don’t want to run into that Cyclone pokémon, but…”

“You’re still coming?” Blazefang muttered as he angled his head to look at her, giving the floatzel a slight sneer. “I thought you already had a home.”

“Well, I’d rather come with you,” she explained. “I want to help Snowcrystal find out the…the Forbidden Attack thing, or whatever it was…you see-”

“Forbidden Attack thing?” Blazefang repeated, sounding disgusted. “It’s obvious you aren’t taking this seriously. You’re better off in your old home, which was perfectly fine.” He turned away from her, walking ahead.

Snowcrystal watched him sadly and turned to Alex. “Thanks…for…for wanting to help…” she whispered to the floatzel once he had gone. “If I’m going to do this…I’m going to need all the help I can get.”

“Alex can come if she wants,” Redclaw added. “We’re not going to order her around.” A grunt from Blazefang was the only response.

Glad that the argument was somewhat settled, at least for now, Snowcrystal looked up to see the forest in the distance, remembering that that was where she had last seen Stormblade. Once again, she found herself wondering whether the human who had captured him was able to take care of him properly.

They were approaching a place that had a few clumps of scattered trees here and there, and Snowcrystal began wondering if they should go back to the forest, or whether it was too dangerous to be worth the risk.

Any further thoughts about the forest or the route ahead were rudely interrupted by enraged shouts from Thunder at the back of the group.

“Leave me alone, or I’ll chop your tails off!” the scyther was screaming, her eyes locked on Rosie, who was standing with her fur bristling and all nine tails lashing.

“I’m not afraid of you!” Rosie spat back. “A blind hatchling could see that you wouldn’t last a second fighting a fire type! You probably couldn’t even get close to me without passing out again…you need to learn your place, learn to shut up, and learn that you aren’t the most powerful pokémon ever-you get weak just like the rest of us!” A few embers flew from her mouth as she spat out the last words.

Thunder looked murderous, but she made no move to attack, and Redclaw stepped between them before a fight could escalate further.

“All right, stop this now,” the arcanine muttered angrily. “Rosie, go up with Snowcrystal at the front of the group. Thunder…”

“I’ll do what I want! That ninetales can only fight with petty words. I can tear her apart!”

“And you will do nothing of the sort,” Redclaw growled, his voice loosing its usual patience and gaining an irritated edge to it. “Stay here. She won’t bother you.”

He waited for Thunder to respond, but she only stared back at him, neither replying or making any sort of move to attack. Redclaw turned away and followed Rosie, who glanced back at Thunder and glared at her, sticking out her tongue.

“Coward!” Thunder shouted at her, but she looked too exhausted to try and carry the fight further.

Snowcrystal watched the others, most of whom had paused to watch the brief fight, turn and start walking again, but she stayed put. Then, wondering if she was going crazy for thinking this would work, made her way over to Thunder, hoping to be able to calm her down.

On her way to the back of the group, she passed Blazefang and Wildflame, who were walking side by side. Wildflame glanced at Thunder. “She doesn’t get along with anyone here, does she?”

“She doesn’t get along with anyone at all,” Blazefang replied with an annoyed flick of his ear. “I don’t see why she doesn’t just leave. No one wants her here…”

Their voices faded as Snowcrystal passed them and approached the weakened scyther.

“What do you want?” Thunder growled, though she sounded less aggressive now; Snowcrystal was pretty certain that she secretly didn’t want a fight.

“I…I just wanted to talk with you,” Snowcrystal stammered, hesitating a moment. Thunder’s scythes still looked very sharp.

“Why?”

“Well, I just do…” she replied, not sure what Thunder would think if she told her she was trying to help. “And you can talk to me while we walk. That way, we might not get so tired if we’re focusing on something else…” She paused, wondering if Thunder would take that as some sort of insult about being weak.

“What good would that do?” Thunder muttered. “Talking will waste energy, not save it!”

Snowcrystal wasn’t sure how to reply, but at least Thunder didn’t seem any angrier. She opened her mouth to reply, but a voice from up ahead interrupted her.

“Snowcrystal, Thunder, are you coming?”

Snowcrystal recognized Redclaw’s voice and turned to see the arcanine looking at them. Without another word, she turned and followed the others, Thunder trailing along more slowly.

By the time the group stopped for a break, everyone felt exhausted, even those who had not made the entire journey up the mountain. Now that the strongest members of the group had hunted and brought back as much as they could find (though it wasn’t much), everyone was separating from one another to rest. Snowcrystal wondered if it would be a good idea to try to talk to Thunder again. She was surprised how calm the scyther had been during their last conversation…well, ‘calm’ as far as Thunder was concerned. She was just worried that more fights would break out and someone would be hurt. Hopefully, she’d be able to reason with Thunder and at the very least get her to make sure to stay away from the others.

“Hey, Thunder,” she said cheerfully as she approached the scyther, trying to sound as if she was happy to see her rather than dreading it, like she was really feeling. “Do you think-”

“What is it with you?” Thunder growled from where she was lying on the grass, fixing her blue eyes on Snowcrystal. “Why are you talking to me? I don’t even like you.”

I know… Snowcrystal thought, suppressing a frustrated sigh, the only one you don’t hate is Nightshade. Nightshade… She thought of something, hoping that it would be the answer she needed to keep Thunder out of trouble. “How about you walk by Nightshade when we leave again?” she suggested, “he won’t let Rosie bother you.”

“I do not need his help,” Thunder growled, getting up and standing to her full height. She towered over Snowcrystal, making the growlithe cower.

“I didn’t mean that…” she whispered. Why did Thunder seem uncaring about comments related to her weakness before, but seemed offended all over again by them now?

Thunder didn’t reply. Instead she merely lay down again, as if forgetting that Snowcrystal was there. “Besides,” she muttered. “Nightshade’s an idiot. I don’t really listen to what he says. It’s all nonsense.”

“No…Nightshade is really smart,” Snowcrystal replied. “I…I thought you liked talking to him.”

“I do not,” Thunder replied. “Not anymore. He says he understands my pain,” Thunder said in a sneering voice. “But he’s wrong. He thinks he can talk to me like he had the same experiences…like there was something physical blocking his way. But it was his own stupidity that was blocking his way, and he can’t even see that now! He tells me to trust other pokémon, but then tells me these things that make me realize how much of a mistake it was for him to do so! He’s angry and wants me to make his own mistake. He wants me to be miserable like him. But I’m not that stupid…”

By now Thunder was staring at Snowcrystal angrily, though at the moment, the growlithe hardly cared. Thunder’s words confused her and she had little idea of what the scyther was talking about, but whatever it was, she didn’t like to hear Thunder talking about Nightshade, or anyone, this way. She wanted to shout to Thunder that she was the one who didn’t understand, but she said nothing.

“I was trapped!” Thunder continued, nearly loud enough to be heard by the others, though luckily, none of them seemed to notice. “If I could have gotten out and killed Master I would have!”

At this moment, Snowcrystal felt like she should speak up. “Nightshade is not miserable, Thunder,” Snowcrystal replied. But you are… she wanted to add, but held her tongue.

“What would you know?” Thunder responded angrily. “You’re just as delusional as the rest of them.”

Snowcrystal bit back a confused response. There was no use arguing, she thought, when Thunder was so set in her own beliefs…whatever they were. Instead, she asked another question that had been on her mind. “So…you don’t actually trust Nightshade?” she said quietly, pretty sure that she knew what the answer would be.

“No,” Thunder replied, but the slight wavering in the tone of her voice made Snowcrystal wonder if she really did, even a little, or without realizing it. “But I’m right, and he probably knows it! …That’s why he’s trying to drag me down! I was right and he was wrong!”

Snowcrystal was pretty sure that at this point, there was no sense trying to get Thunder to understand or even to explain what she meant about Nightshade. She couldn’t be sure if the scyther was actually serious or just rambling things off the top of her head. Without another word, the growlithe turned and ran back to the others, still feeling unnerved. She did not want to talk to Thunder anymore, that was for sure.

“Snowcrystal?” a voice called to her from behind a group of trees. She recognized Redclaw’s voice again.

“Yes?” she called, hoping her voice didn’t give away her mood.

“We’re going to start moving again,” the arcanine told her, peering from around a tree trunk. Most of the others had gathered there already, and none of them seemed aware of the odd conversation between her and Thunder. Thunder herself soon joined the group of waiting pokémon, looking just as she always did and giving no sign that anything had happened. She didn’t even look angry.

As Redclaw started to lead the way, Snowcrystal paused for a moment, still wondering about the things Thunder had said.

“Are you all right, Snowcrystal?”

The growlithe looked up to see Nightshade standing nearby, looking concerned.

“Huh? Oh, yeah,” she muttered, quickly hurrying by him and up ahead with Spark, Alex, and Redclaw at the front of the group. She caught a glance of Thunder out of the corner of her eye, watching the group with an unreadable expression.

Snowcrystal had the unsettling feeling that things were only going to get worse between Thunder and the rest of the pokémon in the group. They couldn’t exactly leave her behind to fend for herself, yet how long could they keep her with them before someone got hurt?

“It’s getting dark,” Spark muttered with a quick glance at the sky.

“You say that like it’s a bad thing,” Blazefang muttered from behind him, looking irritated. Snowcrystal knew that the houndour was nocturnal, but after such a long time traveling, no one really seemed to care when they slept anymore as long as they got a chance to do so.

“Well, I wouldn’t mind sleeping now. Dark or not, everyone’s exhausted,” Rosie stated loudly, looking around at the others with a glare that dared them to disagree.

“Rosie’s right,” Redclaw agreed, “we’re all tired. Let’s rest.”

The traveling pokémon settled down as the sky grew dark, some curling up together in small groups and others lying down by themselves. No one bothered to try and keep a look out; in this place they figured they didn’t have much to fear, especially since they made up such a large group of pokémon.

Snowcrystal didn’t feel much like sleeping. She felt restless, still going over what Articuno had told her in her mind. She had to find some other pokémon who knew more about the Forbidden Attacks, and now that the entirety of her quest dawned on her, it seemed almost impossible. Watching the sky darken to black, Snowcrystal lay down against Redclaw’s forepaw, thinking that, if anything, she should at least rest if she wasn’t going to sleep.

The sound of something moving woke Snowcrystal from a light doze. Instantly she sat up, surprised that she had fallen asleep and wondering if there actually was some sort of danger out here on the plains. However, a quick look told her it was only Thunder, pacing back and forth a little ways away from the others. Snowcrystal glanced at her sleeping companions; none of them had been bothered by the noise. She watched Thunder for a moment and then lay back down.

Then without warning, the scyther suddenly darted away at full speed. Lifting her head in surprise again, Snowcrystal dug her claws into Redclaw’s fur.

“Redclaw, wake up!”

The arcanine’s head shot up, surprising Snowcrystal a bit as he turned his head to look around. “What is it?”

“Thunder!” the growlithe replied. “She just…ran off!”

Redclaw gave her a startled look before standing up quickly, his head pointed in the direction Thunder had gone while he sniffed the air carefully. “Follow me,” the arcanine whispered, and without waking the others, he set off in Thunder’s direction.

Snowcrystal tried hard to keep up with him, but even long days of running through the mountains had not prepared her to keep up with an arcanine. Her legs simply weren’t long enough, and she could barely trail behind him. Luckily, they didn’t have to run long, but when they found Thunder, Snowcrystal could hardly believe what she saw.

The scyther was leaping and slashing at another figure, a bug type with an odd, unnatural sheen to his armor. In a moment when Thunder’s opponent paused, Snowcrystal recognized him instantly. Scytheclaw! What was he doing here? Had he come to get revenge on them?

With a frantic look at Redclaw, Snowcrystal wordlessly begged him to do something. She was too afraid of hitting Thunder to use a fire attack, but to her relief, Redclaw only hesitated a second before leaping into the fray, pushing Thunder aside and pinning Scytheclaw face down on the ground. The scizor stayed motionless as Redclaw held him, seemingly with little effort.

The fight ended…just like that?
Snowcrystal thought, feeling as if Scytheclaw should have put up more of a fight, or at least been a bit more prepared for Redclaw’s attack. But the scizor still didn’t move. She then remembered that he had fought Nightshade very recently, and the heracross still had his battle wounds.

“What are you doing here?” Redclaw growled, his fangs gleaming in the starlight.

“I could ask you the same question!” Scytheclaw spat.

Snowcrystal’s eyes wandered to where Thunder was, surprised to see her lying on the ground as if she thought no one would notice her. She seemed exhausted and weak.

“What do you want with us?” Redclaw growled.

(Continued in next post...)

-My Links-
Old 02-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

“Nothing!” the scizor cried. “It was she who attacked me!” He tried to glance over at Thunder, but the way Redclaw’s paw was pushing him to the ground made it impossible.

Now that Snowcrystal got a good look at Scytheclaw, she could tell that he was still injured from the battle. Not only that, but he had gotten some new injuries as well, and parts of his normally shiny armor were filthy. She couldn’t say she felt sorry for him, but it certainly explained why Redclaw had been able to easily overpower him.

“What’s that around your neck?” Scytheclaw snapped suddenly, jolting Snowcrystal out of her thoughts. She noticed that the scizor was staring straight at her, his eyes blazing. “Is that one of them? One of those stones?”

“N…no…” Snowcrystal replied, shaking her head as she backed away, almost unconsciously. He didn’t mean…the Forbidden Attacks, did he? Did he know about them?

“That’s enough!” Redclaw growled with another glare at Scytheclaw. “Look, if you don’t want a flamethrower to the face, I suggest you get up and walk back the way you came from…now!” In a swift movement he released Scytheclaw, who glared murderously at the arcanine before turning and running off toward a large group of rocks.

Snowcrystal glanced at her friend after the scizor had retreated. “Redclaw…do you think Scytheclaw thought my stone was a Forbidden Attack?”

“I don’t know…” Redclaw replied, but she could tell that he was worried. “Even if he does know something,” he added before Snowcrystal could speak, “it’s too late now. And I doubt he’d know more than a legendary like Articuno does anyway.”

“But-”

“Several pokémon know the legend,” Redclaw continued, “and…I know you want to ask pokémon about these attacks, but we can’t trust him.”

“I wasn’t going to-” Snowcrystal began, but stopped mid-sentence. She had detected the hopelessness in Redclaw’s voice. So many pokémon knew the legend…but how many of them actually knew something that would help them?

When the three of them returned to the rest of the group (Thunder reluctantly), Snowcrystal felt even more restless than ever, too restless to even lie down. Even after Redclaw fell asleep, she stayed awake, pacing back and forth as she scanned the sky, absorbed in her own thoughts.

What if Scytheclaw had known more than Redclaw suspected? After all, Cyclone’s army had moved through their valley, so what if one of Scytheclaw’s pokémon had overheard one of Cyclone’s and now they knew about it? Come to think of it, Cyclone himself probably knew a lot more about the Forbidden Attacks than she did, but there was no way she could talk to him. But maybe…maybe she really could talk to Scytheclaw after all.

She stood up, wondering if she should ask someone to come with her, though she wasn’t sure if they would. And Nightshade and Redclaw couldn’t come…Scytheclaw wouldn’t cooperate with them. But he had nothing against her…

After a moment of thought, Snowcrystal silently got up and crept away. She knew that what she was about to do was risky, but she wasn’t about to turn down her first real clue to finding out more about the Forbidden Attacks. She could only hope that everything would go as planned.

It wasn’t hard to track Scytheclaw’s scent over to the large rocks, but he wasn’t there when she reached them. He must have moved on, further away from her group. Undeterred, Snowcrystal followed the scent trail to a small grove of trees, thinking that it was a likely spot for the scizor to rest. As she got closer, the scent grew stronger, and as she walked into the trees, she grew more and more certain that her hunch was right. As quietly as she could, she crept further into the grove, the trees’ branches obscuring most of the moonlight and shrouding her in near-darkness.

A darker shadow fell over her as she stepped around a large bush, and before she could even pause to wonder what it was, something slammed into her body and knocked her to the ground. Her head landed against a small pile of pointed rocks and she heard a small snap; she felt her crystal slide off her neck and fall onto the ground. The plant fibers holding it around her neck had broken. She stared up in shock as a red pincer reached down and grabbed her around the neck. She froze, not daring to move in case her throat was cut by the razor edges of the pincer. Her eyes slowly moved upwards to lock themselves with Scytheclaw’s. The scizor looked wild and desperate, as if he wanted something out of her, but she couldn’t even begin to guess what he could want. He wasn’t going to try to eat her, was he? She was contemplating risking an attempt to use a fire attack when the scizor spoke.

“Do you have it?” he growled, but Snowcrystal could only stare at him in confusion. “That power! The power that the army was looking for! The army that your friend knew about!” He paused, looking at the terrified growlithe suspiciously. “Don’t even try to tell me that you don’t know. My servants heard pokémon from that army talking. It comes from strange stones! Yours is one of them, isn’t it? You wouldn’t carry it around otherwise!”

Scytheclaw suddenly released her, leaving her panting for breath as he stooped over her and picked up the broken necklace. The crystal was still attached, glowing faintly despite a filthy covering of dirt on its surface.

“That’s not one of them,” she gasped, giving Scytheclaw what she hoped was a convincingly honest look. He shot her a glare and she added, “to activate one of the real ones, I…I think you have to touch its center…Blazefang mentioned that…so you can try it if you want.”

She watched as Scytheclaw tapped the crystal a few times and turned to look at her. “I already have it,” he muttered, throwing the crystal down at her paws. “You try it.”

Snowcrystal obediently did as she was told, and, as she expected, got no result. “I’ve already done that, and I don’t have any power,” she explained, and quickly added, “but…that’s what I wanted…I mean, I came to talk to you. I wanted to ask you what you knew about the…the…”

“Your houndour friend has it…” Scytheclaw began suddenly, “the army wanted him. He must have taken the crystal’s power. He’s the one I need.”

A cold chill swept through Snowcrystal’s body. Surely Scytheclaw wasn’t trying to gather pokémon who could use Forbidden Attacks too? “Look,” she began, “I’ll get Blazefang…” She cringed, hoping he wouldn’t see through her lie, and went on, “I’ll get Blazefang if you tell me what you know.”

“You want me to trust you?” Scytheclaw sneered.

“You won’t be able to get him on your own, not with my friends guarding him,” Snowcrystal pointed out.

She expected Scytheclaw to be angry, but the look he gave her was only one of defeat. “Fine,” he muttered, in a voice that seemed to fit his weakened state much more than the angry growl he had been threatening her with before.

Snowcrystal kept silent and watched him expectantly, prepared to run in case he made any sudden move to attack her. Even if he was weak, she wasn’t taking any chances. She’d seen what he’d done to Nightshade.

Scytheclaw looked away from her as he started to speak. “I found that stone in the mouth of an old arcanine statue at the bottom of a pool. When I touched it, it felt really strange, almost as if a pokémon were using a psychic attack on me. I passed out then, but when I woke up…”

“Oh no…” Snowcrystal whispered. Scytheclaw turned to glare at her and she realized that the words had come out of her mouth before she’d even realized it. Even now that she knew he was angry, any fear she would have felt was drowned out by the realization that Scytheclaw could have very well gotten hold of a Forbidden Attack, and who knew what he’d done since he’d been on the loose with it.

“What?” he demanded, turning around and straightening up to full height so he towered over the growlithe. “What was that thing? Do you know what it was?”

“Yes…” she whispered silently, too afraid to try and lie even though by now she was sure that Scytheclaw didn’t know much about what the Forbidden Attacks were, just that they were a ‘power.’ “That was a Forbidden Attack.”

Scytheclaw paused, his angry look vanishing to be replaced with a new look, one of complete confusion. “A…a what?”

Snowcrystal realized that the best thing to do now would be to explain to Scytheclaw what the Forbidden Attacks were. Maybe, if he knew, he’d know better than to use one. “A Forbidden Attack,” she repeated. “Blazefang has one. They’re extremely powerful, but extremely destructive and…and they make the user go insane, if they’re used too often…and it gets harder to resist the more they are used. The wounds caused by the attacks…don’t-I mean, might not heal. If pokémon know you have one, they could try to kill you…because if you die, the power is transported to the nearest steel type.”

Scytheclaw simply stared at her. “You’ve got it all wrong!” he snarled. “Sounds like nothing but silly tales used to frighten young pokémon. Nonsense…but a ‘Forbidden Attack’…” He suddenly looked thoughtful. “That could be what they’re called…I touched the stone and got this power. But what you’re saying about insanity is a lie. It hasn’t been hard to resist using it and I haven’t started going insane!”

“You mean you used it?” Snowcrystal asked, fighting the terror that threatened to overwhelm her. What would they do now that another Forbidden Attack was on the loose? She forced herself to become calm enough to ask another question. “Did you…find out what it does?”

“Yes,” Scytheclaw replied, confirming Snowcrystal’s worst suspicions. “I found out. I…I can heal things.”

Snowcrystal suddenly felt as though everything she’d learned about the Forbidden Attacks had turned upside-down. Of all possible things she could think of the steel type or bug type Forbidden Attack being capable of, this was the last thing she had expected to hear. Healing things? That didn’t sound like a Forbidden Attack at all…

“But at a cost…” Scytheclaw continued. He was turned away from her now, lost in thought as though he wasn’t even aware he was talking to someone anymore. “I found out when I was hunting and injured a pidgey instead of killing it. That’s when I first used the power…I can heal things, but it causes me pain. And I cannot heal my own injuries. I certainly tried. The power is absolutely useless to the one who has it! And that-” He turned around to look at Snowcrystal as if suddenly remembering she was there. “Is why I need the houndour. I need him to heal me so I can survive in this awful place!”

“Blazefang can’t heal…” Snowcrystal whispered, unsure of what to say or even if he’d believe her. “His attack…well, it’s destructive…it’s wrong…it does nothing but hurt other pokémon…Scytheclaw…I’m not even sure if what you have is a Forbidden Attack at all!”

“What do you know?” the scizor growled. “That army was searching for a power and this had to be part of it. If it wasn’t a…Forbidden Attack…or whatever they were searching for, what is it?”

“I don’t know,” Snowcrystal replied with complete honesty. “But if you come with me…well, I think you should talk to my friends.”

“Forget it,” Scytheclaw growled, suddenly seeming furious again. “If Blazefang doesn’t have the same power then what use is he to me? I won’t go back to them just so they can attack me again!”

Before Snowcrystal could stop him, the scizor had bounded off into the trees, leaving her alone and confused in the darkness beside her broken and tattered crystal amulet.

“A large group of pokémon passed this way, Volco. That’s what we’re looking for, right?”

The typhlosion grinned, earning a rewarding pat from his master as he scanned the area around him, fresh with signs that a large group of pokémon had passed this way not long ago. The canyon was rich with vegetation and the river provided him, his master, and the remaining pokémon with all the food and water they needed. The going would be good for at least a while.

“Come on, Volco,” Master stated, turning and walking again, following the sparkling river. “Looks like there were quite a few different species in this group. Plenty to choose from, eh?”

Volco padded quietly after him, his senses alert as he scanned the trees around him, noting with glee that this place seemed to be untouched by any trainer before them.

Nighttime had also fallen upon Justin and Katie. The two friends and Katie’s pokémon had stopped for the night, lost in the confusing plains and with no further sign of the white growlithe they had been so diligently searching for. Even poochyena had become confused, and no longer seemed to be able to find a scent to follow. Justin and Persian sat away from the others-Justin still refused to talk to Katie about anything other than the white growlithe. He simply sat with his back to them, alone in his thoughts.

Stormblade was, for the first time since being captured, sleeping outside that night. He had managed to get his new trainer to understand that he preferred it, and she had let him lie down on one of her blankets instead of making him spend another night in the pokéball. Stormblade had never disliked pokéballs, but they had always felt so unnatural compared to sleeping beneath the sky and stars.

Although his pain had been dulled quite a bit by the human’s medicine and he could think clearer, it was still distracting enough to keep him awake most of the time. He had done nothing but rest since Katie had captured him, but he still felt exhausted. Even finally being able to get enough food hadn’t restored his energy like he thought it would have. He just seemed to feel more and more tired.

But at least, he thought, the humans had lost Snowcrystal’s trail. The growlithe could go on to find Articuno without the threat of being captured by a pokéball. Briefly, he wondered how far they’d gotten, and whether or not help was on the way for Snowcrystal’s pack already. And whether Spark was still on his way to find a new home, or if he had somehow found one already. The scyther kept his gaze focused on the stars, certain that if Snowcrystal hadn’t found Articuno yet, then she would soon, and everything would finally be right for the Growlithe and her clan.

Under the same stars that Stormblade was watching, Snowcrystal slowly made her way back to the group, her broken amulet hanging from her mouth. Feeling more confused than ever now, she now felt further away from her goal than she ever had.

To be Continued...

-My Links-
Old 02-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

What is this I see? A new chapter? *squeels in excitement*

LoL, I was so right! Well, at least about Scytheclaw coming back. xD

But you've just added another major plot-twist, didn't you? His attack heals... Maybe Snow's right. He doesn't have a forbidden attack. Is there, maybe, a whole set of moves that oppose the Forbidden ones? Ones that neutralizes thier effects?

I like the irony in Scytheclaw's new ability. He heals but has to hurt himself to do it. Paired with his selfish character, it will be interesting to see how this works out...

*has a secret hope for Stormblade thanks to Scytheclaw's new ability* :D

Old 02-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
What is this I see? A new chapter? *squeels in excitement*

LoL, I was so right! Well, at least about Scytheclaw coming back. xD

But you've just added another major plot-twist, didn't you? His attack heals... Maybe Snow's right. He doesn't have a forbidden attack. Is there, maybe, a whole set of moves that oppose the Forbidden ones? Ones that neutralizes thier effects?

I like the irony in Scytheclaw's new ability. He heals but has to hurt himself to do it. Paired with his selfish character, it will be interesting to see how this works out...

*has a secret hope for Stormblade thanks to Scytheclaw's new ability* :D
Yep! And about time I finished it too. XD

Yep, he wasn't just gonna leave the story. =P

Yeah, that made it interesting hearing people's theories about what his attack would be like...I always like knowing what people are thinking about this story! (And knowing whether their guesses are right or wrong. XD)

Glad you like it! I liked the irony in that too, that someone like Scytheclaw would wind up with a healing ability. XD

Hehe... =3

Glad you liked it! Hopefully chapters will come faster now that I'm getting back into this story!

-My Links-
Old 02-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

I wonder why I post here, sometimes.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
I wonder why I post here, sometimes.
What do you mean? o.o *confused*

-My Links-
Old 02-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Eh, that's just Kenny... ^^'

I think he just makes random posts whenever...

*thinks about the drawing, the cow, ect*

Old 03-23-2010, 05:34 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
What do you mean? o.o *confused*
Oh no. Nothing to do with my posts corresponding to certain things that I do.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Oh no. Nothing to do with my posts corresponding to certain things that I do.
Kenny, stop it. You'll send poor Scy into a spiral of confusion. xD

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 03-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: The Path of Destiny (PG/PG-13)

Awesome, man. Such a big plot change...So, if Forbidden Attacks are destructive to others, then...Would Scytheclaw's attack be called a, a, Sealed Attack or something? 0o'

I still think it's a Forbidden Attack somehow...After all, it causes him pain. But it might not be. I don't know anymore XD

So, Ice, Fire, Steel(?), and Water are currently found...I can't wait for the Dragon one XD

Please don't let Scytheclaw die 0o I don't want a Forbidden Attack DX

XD
Old 03-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Kenny, stop it. You'll send poor Scy into a spiral of confusion. xD
Um yeah that made about as much sense as something my character in me and Xanthe's random roleplay would say. Which isn't much. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Awesome, man. Such a big plot change...So, if Forbidden Attacks are destructive to others, then...Would Scytheclaw's attack be called a, a, Sealed Attack or something? 0o'

I still think it's a Forbidden Attack somehow...After all, it causes him pain. But it might not be. I don't know anymore XD

So, Ice, Fire, Steel(?), and Water are currently found...I can't wait for the Dragon one XD

Please don't let Scytheclaw die 0o I don't want a Forbidden Attack DX

XD
I'm glad you liked it! And I love hearing theories! (Also, I'm happy to know that people don't know exactly what to expect. XD)

Yep, and it (hopefully) won't be long before you get to see the water one in action, but at the moment I'm still planning how the next few chapters are going to go in order to get the story to the next major point, so I'm not completely sure about that.

Rosie: Good thing none of us are steel types!

-My Links-
Old 03-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Golden_Ray Offline
Experienced Trainer

Oh, a new chapter! Of all the possible candidates for this power, Scytheclaw had to be the one to get it. I'm not quite sure whether I should consider this a Forbidden Attack or not. It is a bit too noble for that but it's also scary how it drains the user's power (but then again, isn't that exactly what softboiled does outside of battle? ). It'll bee interesting to see where all this goes...
Old 03-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Ray View Post
Oh, a new chapter! Of all the possible candidates for this power, Scytheclaw had to be the one to get it. I'm not quite sure whether I should consider this a Forbidden Attack or not. It is a bit too noble for that but it's also scary how it drains the user's power (but then again, isn't that exactly what softboiled does outside of battle? ). It'll bee interesting to see where all this goes...
Yeah, kind of ironic, huh? The attack's effects are a bit different than that, but it does drain the user's power and is very painful.

I have a lot planned! Thanks for reading!

-My Links-
Old 05-03-2010, 08:01 AM
UberRaichu Offline

Send a message via MSN to UberRaichu
Thumbs up Re: The Path of Destiny (PG/PG-13)

This is a truly epic fic scy, I read the entire thing in maybe 4 days(which was harder than it seems). I await your next amazing update. *sits twiddling his thumbs, waiting for the update*

Oh, and I must say that Redclaw is my favorite character. I love how he's a nice guy(errr...pokemon) yet if you step on his toes, he'll make you regret it. Keep up the good work. ^.^

Hatches @38
Scizor @143
Mastered @323

Sorry, I'm boring, no more sig for you yet.

Last edited by UberRaichu; 05-03-2010 at 08:05 AM.