Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Default Re: The Path of Destiny (PG/PG-13)

Spark: *licks it "just to make sure"*

Rosie: I really hope Scyther writes the next chapter soon...I'm so tired of waiting to get away from these stupid pokémon!

...And I just realized that I totally forgot to look for more of my deleted scenes! DX I need to do that when I get back home...

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 07-29-2008, 10:06 AM
ElectrikeLover1996 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to ElectrikeLover1996

Shock: I like to give out spoilers of this story here is so...*sock shoved into mouth*

even though shock doesn't have any spoilers she can sometime predict the future.

Pearl: *yawning* Ahhh.. good sleep. Hi everyone and scytherwolf and co. i have a cake for you. it is a chocolate cake and i promise that it is not poisoned ill even prove it!*eats slice*

Whirlwing: Im bored. HEHEHE... *throws atomic bomb at wildfire and rosie*

*shoves atomic warhead into Whirlwing's mouth* sorry 'bout hert she has had the urge to blow up things....*looks at blown up house* *sigh*
Old 07-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Jewel_the_Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer

Moon: 'Steals some chocolate cake' I'll be the judge of that! 'Sticks whole piece in her mouth'

Hope you remember about the deleted scenes. I always forget things like that. :D
Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 AM

Pearl: well i don't really care if you eat it moon, Because i have 50 billion more so try and eat all of them!!!

Shock:*takes one cake and eats it* is..s..disou..

Whirlwing: Shock...

they are planning someting to do to me*points to the three huddled*
Old 08-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Ok, I just finished a new chapter! It turned out much longer than I wanted it to be, and it really has no right to be so long, but the stuff in this chapter needs to happen to further the plot. ^-^; Also, I know there’s not a lot of action in this chapter (well, they can’t all be action-y! xD) and there’s a lot of dialogue but there should be a lot of stuff to think about (hopefully), namely Cyclone’s appearance. Again sorry for it being so long, and I think I’m going to split up what I planned for the next chapter into two chapters. Also I couldn’t draw a picture for this because the computer with my tablet/scanner isn’t working, so sorry about that. I really was planning to! D:

The Path of Destiny
Chapter 27-Captive

Cyclone was relieved to have finally made it through the desert. As the vaporeon padded softly across the sandy earth and sparse grass of a large spacious field, he could see trees ahead, and scent water. He was surprised he’d managed to make it through that desert when he had been so weak. Yet the stone he had touched had given him new strength; he’d even been able to use his water attacks again.

And the attack he had gained from it…it was very strange indeed. And Cyclone had an idea of what it was. He had used it once-in the desert, just to try it out. When using the attack, he had felt powerful…invincible, almost. He had liked that feeling.

If this attack really was what he thought it was, then it could be just what he needed. Increasing his pace, Cyclone dashed toward the trees, reaching them quickly. Remembering the fearow he’d talked to just a short while ago, he set about looking for the tallest tree, enjoying the feeling of grass and soft earth beneath his paws after the long trek through the desert. Based on what the fearow had told him, the pokémon who could give him the answers he needed lived close by.

Spotting a very tall, thin tree with several damaged branches, Cyclone increased his pace until he reached the base of the tree, peering into a small den made between two of the roots. Reaching out with his paw, Cyclone raked his claws down one of the tree’s roots, alerting the attention of the pokémon in the den.

A zigzagoon scurried out, ruffling his brown and tan fur and staring at the vaporeon. “A newcomer? Well what is it?” he asked in an annoyed tone. This pokémon seemed to be used to getting visitors. Cyclone supposed many others must visit him.

“I was told you know much about stories and legends,” the vaporeon stated calmly. The zigzagoon shuddered; for some reason, he found it uncomfortable to talk to this pokémon; Cyclone spoke with such a calm and unreadable expression, it was difficult to know what the water type was thinking. Somehow, that unnerved him.

“Yes,” the zigzagoon answered slowly, “I can tell you one of those legends…but I don’t do it for free. Find me some berries, and then you’ll get your story.”

Cyclone smiled ever so slightly, though his eyes remained calm and emotionless. “I have no berries,” the vaporeon stated in his same smooth and quiet tone, “But I’m willing to offer you something much better. Do any humans ever come around here?”

“Humans?” the zigzagoon asked, “Uh, yes…why?”

“Do they try and capture you? Take berries or fruit from this place? Set out traps?” Cyclone asked, sitting down and wrapping his tail neatly around his paws.

The zigzagoon shifted uncomfortably. “Well,” he began, not seeming to want Cyclone to know that the pokémon here had much trouble, “They’ve taken our food before, and there have been a few trappers, and it’s a bit difficult to hide from trainers sometimes…”

“Well then,” Cyclone stated quietly, “You and I both have received ill fate at the hands of humans. Do you think they can be stopped?”

The zigzagoon shrugged. “Dunno,” he replied uneasily, “Humans just do what they want. I don’t think there’s any stopping them. It’s just better for us to avoid them.”

For a moment, Cyclone’s eyes took on a dark tone, but he quickly regained his tranquil and indecipherable expression. “Listen,” he began, “For a long time, I have thought otherwise. There used to be a great many lands uninhabited by humans, but those areas are quickly shrinking. Do you want to send a message to the humans? To tell them that these lands were ours to begin with? To tell them that pokémon aren’t their servants? To tell them that they can not maim or abuse pokémon any longer?”

“Well, that would be nice but…how?” the zigzagoon asked, looking at Cyclone with a puzzled expression.

“If there was a way,” Cyclone replied in a clear tone, his voice sounding calm and mysterious, “Would you?”

After a moment’s hesitation, the zigzagoon nodded.

Cyclone smiled another of his faint smiles. “Then tell me…” he whispered, “About the Forbidden Attacks.”

Snowcrystal was running frantically through a dark, thickly wooded forest. Branches and brambles seemed to jump out at her as she ran; causing her to stumble and fall or make her have to stop and claw her way through. This frightened her; something was chasing her, and she was trying to get away, but as she went on the branches became more thick and tangled, and she was fighting back panic as she ran. She knew not what was chasing her; she just knew that she had to get away-at all costs.

Suddenly she emerged into a quiet clearing, strangely feeling the threat of her pursuer lift. Whatever it was, it was gone, though how, she didn’t know. She was staring instead at a pool of water, and around it were other pokémon. She recognized her friends among them.

Noticing Thunder and Stormblade sitting by the pool, she ran up to them, feeling relieved. She noticed that the other pokémon, the ones she didn’t know, looked faded, as if they were made of nothing but shadow. She chose to ignore them, and sat beside Stormblade, who was leaning down to drink from the pool.

“Stormblade!” she cried in relief, “I’m so glad you’re here, I thought you might’ve-” She stopped, for Stormblade had suddenly gone rigid; his eyes grew wide and he jerked away from the water and stumbled back from the pool, only to fall down on his side where he lay gasping for breath. Wondering what was wrong with him, Snowcrystal quickly turned around to ask the others for help, but surprisingly, they were gone. She and Stormblade were alone.

She turned back to the scyther, who was trembling, and seemed to be having trouble breathing. “What’s wrong?” she shouted desperately, seeing that his eyes were wide with pain and his struggles seemed to be growing weaker.

“Thunder! Wildflame, Rosie, Spark!” she shouted, looking frantically around for her friends, “Something’s wrong with Stormblade and I don’t know what it is-” She stopped and glanced at Stormblade, who’s breathing seemed to have stopped altogether. She tried to rush to his side, but sharp fangs met roughly in her scruff and pulled her away. She was released, and turned around to see Icefang, her clan’s leader, looking at her sternly.

“Have you forgotten what you went on this journey for?” he growled, advancing toward her and coming to stand between her and Stormblade. Snowcrystal shook her head vigorously. “Then move on!” Icefang growled, pushing her forward and rushing after her, until she was forced to take a completely different path from the clearing; heading through the darkened forest, which seemed to be fading now, once again…

Snowcrystal’s eyes opened as she awoke suddenly, then she looked around slowly, for a moment unsure of where she was. Faint starlight slanted in her eyes, and she tried to look up towards the source of the light, only to find that it was hard to move. Small vines had been tied around her paws and muzzle-not the vines like the moving ones that had caught her, but strange thin, yet strong vines that she couldn’t break when she tried to struggle.

Trying to calm herself down, she moved her head in order to glance around. She was lying in a large cavern, next to a few large columns of stone reaching up to the ceiling. Near the center of the roof of the cavern was a large hole, through which moonlight was shining. She could hear whispers all around her, but at first she could not see any of her friends.

Through the darkness of the cave, shapes began to appear; the shapes of various different pokémon; all grass types, moving in and out of various cave tunnels. Two of them, an ivysaur and a young tropius, rested on rock ledges near the moonlit hole in the ceiling. Though there was a way for light to come in, at least in this cavern, it seemed odd that there would be grass types living in a cave.

A groan from behind her made her try to turn around, but was difficult to move. She craned her head backward, noticing Spark’s spiky yellow pelt close behind her.

“Spark!” she whispered, finding it hard to speak with the vine around her snout, “Are you awake?”

Spark painfully turned his head toward her, glancing around the cave in confusion. “Where are we?” he asked, his voice sounding muffled because of the vine around his own muzzle.

“I don’t know,” Snowcrystal replied quietly, “Deeper in the cave, I guess. These grass pokémon must have took us here…”

“Well of course they did!” Spark growled, looking around, “Watch me give them a little surprise…cover your eyes, Snowcrystal!”

At first Snowcrystal was confused at his request, but immediately placed her paws over her eyes as hundreds of small, thin spines shot out of Sparks pelt and toward the grass pokémon. Several of them struck her, and she whimpered slightly. However, a moment later, and it was over.

None of the grass types had cried out, but the ivysaur and young tropius glared at them, and so did a small oddish who had just entered the cave. Spark gave them a threatening growl, his fur crackling as he readied an electric attack.

Snowcrystal knew that the attack wouldn’t do much good against these strong-looking grass types, but she couldn’t attack, so it was their only way of fighting back. She wished she knew where the others were.

With surprising speed, the ivysaur lashed out with one of its vines, striking Spark across the face and causing him to skid backwards a few feet. The jolteon turned his head toward the grass type and growled again.

Snowcrystal cringed; they weren’t going to get anywhere by fighting while they were tied up; maybe this was all a misunderstanding. If they had trespassed in the grass types’ cave, it had been an accident, and she knew it wouldn’t hurt to try and explain.

“Please listen to us!” Snowcrystal cried from between clenched teeth, “We didn’t know this was your cave-we’ll leave, just let us and our friends go!”

“Quiet!” snapped the young tropius, “We know that you’re either spies, or you were planning to attack us-a foolish move I might add.”

“Are you insane?” Spark snarled angrily, “We came into the cave to hide from humans, you can have the stupid cave-we just want to get out of here!”

“You’re lying!” the tropius shouted, but the ivysaur interrupted him.

“Wait a minute,” he said quietly, “It does seem strange that they had an electric type with them, and this is certainly the first white growlithe I’ve seen. Besides, they don’t seem to know what we’re talking about…”

“Yeah,” Spark agreed, “What are you talking about?”

“Shut up!” the tropius yelled, “They’re probably just trying to trick us,” he added with a glance at the ivysaur, “They’re some of those fire pokémon that took our land and forced us to live in this filthy cave! We barely have any food and it’s all because of them!”

“Calm down,” the ivysaur replied impatiently, “It’s very possible that this could be a trick…but…” he added, seeing that Spark was about to protest, “We should talk this over with the others first before we decide on what to do with them.”

The tropius nodded reluctantly and followed the ivysaur through a tunnel and out of the cavern. A moment later, a bayleef appeared, followed by Wildflame and Rosie, who was limping. Neither of them had any vines tied around them, but they both seemed fearful of attacking. “Stay here with the others,” the bayleef ordered them, and left the cavern.

Wildflame quickly broke the vines from around Spark and Snowcrystal’s paws and snouts, and the two stood up, looking relieved.

“Wildflame…” Snowcrystal began, “Do you know why they’re keeping us here? We heard they-”

“Yes,” Wildflame replied, “Apparently there’s a group of fire pokémon who drove these grass types out of their home…” Snowcrystal remembered the cool streams and lush grass they had passed through before; maybe that had been where the grass types’ home had been.

“And since we’re fire types,” Wildflame continued, “They think we’re some of the ones who drove them out…” Her gaze drifted to the hole in the cave ceiling. “Do you think there’s a way we can climb up there?” she asked.

“I don’t think so,” Snowcrystal said quietly, “Those ledges look too high up for me to climb…and I had to climb plenty of times back at the mountain. I think the grass types use vine whip to pull themselves up or something…and that tropius can fly…I don’t really know how we’d get up there…”

“I think it’s ridiculous that they think we’re responsible for what some wild fire types did!” Spark growled, “Can’t they realize a white growlithe wouldn’t live around here?”

“They think we’ve been sent here as spies,” Rosie whispered, and Snowcrystal could see pain in the ninetales’s expression; her leg must be hurting badly. “They see you and Snowcrystal…and me as well, because I’m injured, as just a way to get them to think that we’re not trying to trick them…” She shrugged. “I’m not sure how we’re going to convince them otherwise…” she mumbled.

For a little while more they talked quietly amongst themselves, and then the ivysaur and tropius returned. “We’ve made a decision,” the ivysaur stated, sitting calmly in front of them, “Attack us, and you’ll regret it. I don’t think you want to deal with poisonpowder.” Rosie and Spark cast nervous glances at each other and then looked back at the ivysaur as he continued, “It is entirely possible that you could be travelers passing through, and it’s also entirely possible that you could be spies or attackers. I’m afraid we can’t just let you leave unless we have proof of your innocence…and to prove that,” he added, “We have decided that you will help us battle the fire pokémon and reclaim our home.”

What?” Rosie cried, outraged, “That’s not fair-this isn’t our fight! It doesn’t concern us at all! And how exactly am I supposed to fight in a battle with my leg damaged like this?”

“Quiet!” hissed the tropius, “He’s giving you a simple choice; help us fight the battle in a few days…or rot in this cave.” He narrowed his eyes angrily, before finishing, “It’s your choice. I’d choose wisely if I were you.”

Stormblade wished that morning would come. Even though he knew he would have to travel again, he was desperate for the long night to be over. He knew there was no way he’d be able to sleep, not when he was in so much pain, and he felt miserable and alone. Sitting up painfully, he began slowly sharpening his scythes, hoping that the simple action would be some distraction from the pain he was feeling.

The sudden snap of a twig somewhere behind him caused him to turn, and to his surprise, he noticed Thunder limping through the clearing on the other side of the trees, obviously not noticing him.

“Thunder?” he whispered quietly, but he didn’t receive an answer. Worried, he stood up slowly, using the nearest tree for support. He sat down as he began coughing again, and waited for it to subside before staggering upright and slowly following Thunder.

He tried to keep as quiet as possible, though it was hard when he kept stumbling. However, Thunder never turned or noticed him; she seemed too distracted. Stormblade almost felt that he could have made as much noise as possible and she still wouldn’t have turned around.

(Continued in next post...)

-My Links-
Old 08-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

He increased his pace as much as he could, getting closer until he could see Thunder clearly. One thing that both surprised and worried him more was that she was stumbling…limping…almost as badly as he was, not bothering to hide her pain. Every few steps she would let out a gasp or a small whimper, and sometimes pausing to struggle for breath and quietly mutter words that Stormblade couldn’t hear. This was so unusual and surprising that he stopped suddenly, wondering if he should ask Redclaw, that arcanine who had saved him, for help.

Only too late did he realize that he’d paused too long. Giving no sign or warning, Thunder whirled around, an enraged look in her eyes which made Stormblade realize that she really had only just noticed him. Before he could move, Thunder raced toward him, lashing out at him.

Stormblade felt the dull side of the other scyther’s blade slam into his uninjured leg, knocking him off balance and causing him to fall flat on his back…which due to his burns, hurt. Thunder stood over him, placing her foot firmly on his chest to hold him down and raising her scythes above him.

However, Stormblade could tell that she didn’t intend to attack him. She was just angry, and that anger was quickly fading away to be replaced with annoyance.

“Why are you following me?” Thunder asked, regaining some of her calm though she did not let Stormblade up.

“I…I was…” Stormblade rasped, “Just trying…to see if you were all right…” He wasn’t sure how Thunder would react to this statement, as she had never seemed to approve of him being concerned about her.

Thunder narrowed her eyes, and Stormblade noticed that she was standing firmly again, nearly all traces of pain gone from her expression. “I’m fine,” she spat, “I always was. There’s no need for you to follow me around!” She pressed her foot down harder, and Stormblade winced.

“I’m sorry…” Stormblade replied weakly, not knowing what else to say. To his relief, Thunder backed away from him, allowing him to sit up. He looked up at her, suddenly realizing with shock that crimson blood was slowly flowing from the gun wound in her side. The wound hadn’t been bleeding that badly before, except for when she had first gotten it. “Your wound!” he gasped, “Are you-”

“SHUT UP!” Thunder yelled, her anger coming back, “I came here to be alone. Alone. I thought you’d at least have the decency to let me be by myself for once without having to come and follow me. I’m just fine alright! And there’s no way you could help me anyway.”

“How do you know?” Stormblade replied, “I’m your friend…I want to help you.”

Thunder stiffened at the mention of the word ‘friend’ and glared at him. “You can’t even help yourself,” she retorted, “You’re helpless and weak. There’s nothing you could do.”

Stormblade remained silent for a moment, confused over Thunder’s last statement. Maybe it had just been his imagination, but it almost seemed like, for once, she wanted help…she just didn’t think anyone could help her. “Well…” he began hesitantly, pausing when he had to cough, “It seemed like something was bothering you…and not just your wounds and I-”

He didn’t have time to finish, as Thunder interrupted him, completely changing the subject. “Why on earth do you still have those bandages on?” she asked in an annoyed tone, “Everyone who sees you can see that you’ve let humans…willingly let humans try to ‘help’ you. It shows how weak you are. You would never survive as one of Master’s pokémon…ever.”

Stormblade was about to make an angry reply, but stopped himself just in time. Instead, he just muttered, “I don’t want my wounds to get infected any worse than they already are.” He turned his gaze away from her, staring at the ground instead. It was hard to think clearly through all the pain, and he was beginning to regret following Thunder. He was surprised that she hadn’t tried to drive him away yet.

Thunder didn’t reply to his statement, and turned away from him, leaning against a tree for support. Stormblade could tell that she was leaning rather heavily against it, looking as if she could collapse any moment. He knew now that her tough attitude was just an act…and he wasn’t sure she could keep it up.

“Look,” Stormblade told her, “I just want to help…but if you want me to leave, I will…but…I do want to talk to you…” He was aware of Thunder glaring at him, but she said nothing, so he hesitantly continued, “You know…you don’t have to hide the fact that you’re in pain. It’s not a weakness…and if you let others help you, it’ll be a lot easier to bear.”

For a moment Thunder looked furious, obviously angry with the fact that he could tell that she was hiding her ‘weakness’, but to his surprise, she seemed to calm down after he finished speaking. “How?” she asked curiously, “If a pokémon is in pain…another pokémon can’t just simply take that pain away. They’d be wasting their time trying to help.”

Stormblade wasn’t sure how to reply. He was still surprised Thunder hadn’t run away or forced him to leave yet. He wondered if she was just listening to him because she needed a way to pass the time. As he was about to speak, Thunder interrupted him.

“You aren’t a healer,” she told him, “So you can’t help me…not that I really need a healer anyway. I survived most of my wounds on my own. Master only ever treated the injuries of his pokémon if they were serious or they got infected. I’ve lived through worse than this. I’ll be just fine…” She emphasized the last word with a growl, digging her claws angrily into the dry earth at the same time.

Stormblade decided that he shouldn’t press the matter further. “Do you want me to leave?” he asked sadly, leaning against the tree and getting ready to stand up.

Strangely, Thunder just shrugged. “I don’t care,” she stated crossly.

Stormblade stayed where he was, not replying. He really didn’t feel strong enough to walk all the way back to where he’d been resting. Though he knew it was really only a relatively short distance he felt too weak to stand up and walk back, and he felt dizzy from pain. Remembering what Thunder had mentioned about her ‘Master’, Stormblade sighed and told her, “I think I understand…at least a little…about what your master did to you, and what it was like. I mean, Justin never injured me, but well…he wasn’t exactly the best trainer.”

“So you think you understand?” Thunder asked, sounding more amused than angry. She watched him through slightly narrowed eyes, though she seemed curious about what his response would be.

“Well…you see,” Stormblade began, “When Justin captured me…I had been…separated…from my swarm. I was lost and had recently been in a fight. I was injured, but not seriously. I had been wandering through the forest aimlessly when Justin appeared. He was very frightened, and sent his jolteon, Spark, to attack me. We fought, and I was winning. Spark scarcely had the energy to dodge my blows and Justin could see that he was going to get hurt, so he threw a pokéball at me while I was distracted to give Spark time to get out of range and catch his breath, but…he didn’t expect the pokéball to actually capture me.”

“He caught you the first time he threw a pokéball?” Thunder asked, coming as close to smiling as Stormblade had ever seen her, “That’s pathetic.”

“I was weak from the fight…” Stormblade muttered, looking at the ground. At first he felt angry, but then he realized that Thunder hadn’t tried to silence him and she still wasn’t making him go away. Whether it was just for amusement or not, it seemed as if Thunder really wanted someone to talk to right now. Deciding to forget her last comment, he continued, “I was confused at being captured, but even while in the pokéball I could hear a little of what Justin was saying. He hadn’t wanted to capture me. He didn’t want a scyther, and he wanted to get rid of me, but he was afraid to release me because he thought I might attack him.

“I found out later that he was going to tie my pokéball to a rock and just drop it into a river, but he didn’t. He realized that I was a good fighter after my battle with Spark, and chose to keep me, because most of his other pokémon weren’t as skilled in battle as I was. But that was all he cared about-other than that I meant nothing to him. He was always afraid of me, and he never got over that fear…I suppose it’s even worse now…

“That fear stopped him from ever trying to get to know me like he did with his other pokémon. I was often made to stay in my pokéball, not getting to eat as much as the other pokémon did…he neglected me most of the time, though I know he didn’t always mean to.

“After a long time, Justin went back to his house during the winter time and let me out in the snow. I tried to find shelter and ended up finding a hurt human and trying to protect her from a luxray…but by the time the other humans had found her, she had died, and they thought I was the one who killed her. Justin was made to release me and Spark and the others, and he got his trainer’s license taken away…”

“What’s a trainer’s license?” Thunder asked curiously.

“It’s what all trainers have to have to own pokémon,” Stormblade told her, “It’s like a small card or something. If a trainer shows up at a Pokémon Center without one, they can get in big trouble.”

“Hm…” Thunder muttered to herself, “Master didn’t have one.”

Stormblade wasn’t sure what to say, so he went on, “Not many days ago, soon after Rosie was captured…” He gave a sad sigh and continued, “I went looking for water during a rainstorm because I knew I couldn’t make it to a stream by myself with these injuries. I heard a human coming and quickly ran into a cave. That human was Justin…and there was another human there…it must have been his friend.

“The female human wanted to help me but didn’t have the right medicine. Justin was afraid and threw rocks at me, but he didn’t recognize me. His friend wanted to take me somewhere where I could get food and help, despite the fact that Justin didn’t want her to. However…Justin somehow found out who I was. He made the other human go out of the cave and told her that I was a murderer…”

“I suppose it makes no difference,” he sighed, “Those Team Rocket humans would still have invaded the Pokémon Center and I would have gotten captured anyway. I’m just glad Redclaw was able to help me get out of that building...”

Thunder didn’t ask what Team Rocket was, but she looked confused…and a little angry, after Stormblade finished speaking. “So that’s it?” she asked, sounding un-amused, “That’s your oh-so-horrible trainer story?”

“Well…” Stormblade began, “I thought…”

“Your trainer was nothing but a cowardly weakling!” Thunder growled, “And you felt bad about the way he treated you? What did he do? Forget to feed you for a few days? Leave you out in the cold for a couple of hours? Is that all?”

“I just…” Stormblade replied quietly, “I just wanted you to know that I went through some of the same things you did…of course not everything, but I understand what you had to go through.”

“You’re far from understanding…” Thunder stated coldly, and her dark blue eyes narrowed, “You’re complaining about a trainer who was a forgetful coward, but nothing more. I don’t see how this has anything to do with me or how it’s supposed to make you ‘understand’.”

“I’d understand if you told me…” Stormblade replied slowly.

“Told you what?” Thunder replied, seeming annoyed and almost angry again.

“About your trainer,” Stormblade told her, “What he did to you…maybe if you told me, I could understand better.”

“What’s there to understand?” Thunder asked, “If you want to know about Master, ask Redclaw. He knows too.”

Stormblade hesitated for a moment, before replying, “Redclaw wasn’t your master’s pokémon for as long as you were…was he?”

The question caught Thunder by surprise, but she just muttered, “You’re right. He wasn’t.”

Stormblade paused a moment before asking, “How long were you owned by your master?”

Thunder stiffened and gave him an angry glare; Stormblade wondered if asking her these questions had really been a good idea after all, and she merely hissed at him, “Why do you want to know? And more importantly, why do you care?”

Stormblade wasn’t sure how to answer. He didn’t feel like she would understand if he tried to tell her that it was because he wanted to help; she hadn’t responded kindly to him when he had said that before. Pain was still filling his mind, making it hard for him to think. He wished it would go away…for only a few seconds, so he could think of what to say. “Because I don’t want you to be hurt,” he managed at last, “I want to know if there is some way I can help you…and I think if you told me about your trainer, I would understand better, and maybe find a way.”

Thunder remained silent, staring at Stormblade with a mixture of confusion and uncertainty. However, she had to admit, she wasn’t entirely sure she disliked the idea, though she was still hesitant. “What good would that do?” she asked, but there was no snarl or growl to her voice this time.

“You said I didn’t understand,” Stormblade replied, “Well…I want to understand.” He reached out with his scythe and lightly touched the side of it to Thunder’s, but she jerked her arm away as if he had burned her.

“Why?” she asked, “All I’d be telling you about is events in the past… memories that don’t matter anymore.”

“But they do matter,” Stormblade told her, “If they can help me understand and be able to help you, they do. You can tell me about it now…there’s no reason to worry. I only want to help you.”

Thunder hesitated, not liking the way Stormblade seemed to imply that she was worried. There was no reason she should be, after all. Stormblade was the one who was worried, and worried for no real reason. She wondered if it was even worth listening to him anymore…

Yet the way he had spoken to her, he had seemed so sincere, and so willing to listen to her, for the sole purpose of trying to help. She wasn’t sure any other pokémon would ever be willing to do that. The others she had traveled with hadn’t wanted to put up with her after a while, and had left her well alone for the most part, and she had wanted it that way. But now…she wasn’t as sure.

And she wasn’t sure she wanted to share her memories either, but she felt that if she didn’t now, there might never be a time again when someone would willingly want to help her. And besides, the memories were just thoughts of the past…they didn’t matter now in the present. They were long since over. ‘If the memories don’t matter anymore…’ she thought to herself, ‘Then there’s no reason not to share them…

“Fine,” she muttered, crossing her blades and fixing her gaze on Stormblade, “What do you want to know?”

“Well…when…and how, did you get caught by ‘Master’?” Stormblade asked calmly, and feeling the pain of his injuries start to get worse, he slowly lay down on the dry ground and watched her.

Thunder sighed impatiently, as if she was annoyed already and just wanted to get the whole thing over with, but nevertheless, she answered his question. Surprisingly, her answer was much longer than Stormblade had expected.

“It was a long time ago,” she began, speaking calmly, “I was very young and small…my wings had not yet grown enough to carry me in flight, and my blades were not sharp enough to inflict any bad injuries. I was somewhere in a forest, and I had a bad wound in my head. I couldn’t remember anything, but I was probably too young to remember much anyway. There was another scyther there, a small male, even younger than I was. He could have been my brother…I never knew. We were both injured, but he was worse off. He was missing two of his wings, and one of his scythes was broken in half. He also had a lot of deep cuts in his back. Whatever had happened, it certainly hadn’t gone well for him, whoever he was.

“I didn’t know what had happened to us, and he wouldn’t talk…or couldn’t talk. We stayed there in the forest, and for some reason I tried to take care of him. I couldn’t, really, but I still tried. I did not know how to hunt so we went hungry for a while.

“Then a few days later, a human showed up, with a cyndaquil. I didn’t know what a human was at the time, but I could tell that him coming there wasn’t a good thing. He didn’t see us as a threat and he picked me up. I cut him, and he made his cyndaquil attack me. After that, he took us in a human vehicle and away from the forest.

“We got taken in some building and put together in a cage. We were left there for a little while, sometimes given food that tasted strange. I think that other scyther was the only reason I got through the first few days…I was scared then. The room and the cage were cold, so we huddled together most of the time.

“After a while that human…Master, came back. He took me out of the cage for a moment and said something to Volco, his cyndaquil. He caught me in a pokéball but didn’t want me to stay inside it, so he let me out and then put me back in the cage. Then he took the other scyther out.

“He must have decided that that scyther was too weak, so he ordered Volco to kill him. He did it right in front of me…” Thunder paused for a moment and turned away, and Stormblade could see a spark of anger in her eyes, but she remained calm, though her voice was a little shaky.

“I realized later that Master never wanted to bother training him. He knew his injuries were too bad, and he’d never make it through the training. He kept me, though he didn’t think I would be very strong at first.” She shrugged and turned back to Stormblade. “That’s it,” she stated simply, “Don’t know how this is supposed to help you or me, but you have your answer. Happy now?”

Stormblade looked both shocked and horrified. “Why would your trainer kill one of his own pokémon?” he blurted out, “How could he do something like that? Why did he even take that other scyther from the forest if he was just going to-”

“You said you wanted to know about Master?” Thunder asked suddenly, interrupting Stormblade and fixing a piercing gaze on him. Now that she had told him a little about her trainer, she seemed willing to tell him more, and Stormblade wasn’t sure he knew why.

“Well then listen,” Thunder continued, and some of her anger faded. She wasn’t exactly certain why she wanted to tell him this, but she had nothing to loose, and it wouldn’t matter to her if Stormblade told anyone. Maybe telling him about Master would be a good thing, after all. Maybe he would finally leave her alone after this. She leaned closer to Stormblade, speaking more quietly this time, as if trying to make sure that her voice wouldn’t wake Redclaw up. Speaking in a calm voice once again, she began.

“You see,” Thunder told him, “Master wasn’t a trainer like yours was. Yes, I’ve heard of trainers before…and I’d never trust one, but Master was worse. He fought pokémon for money, and got a lot of money from it. Humans would make bets during the battles. Master’s pokémon won lots of times. Humans mostly bet on him.

(Continued in next post...)

Last edited by Scytherwolf; 08-12-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

“Master caught most of his own pokémon. He usually didn’t buy them from others…well he did sometimes, but not often. He usually caught young pokémon. I think he wanted to train them early. He caught pokémon all the time. He would bring them back and put them in cages for a few days, then later make them wear a collar and chain them up. He didn’t keep them in pokéballs unless he was taking them somewhere. Master had older pokémon, ones he had trained a long while, but I didn’t see them very often. I was mostly in a cage in one of the many buildings Master had to put us in, or chained up outside. I was usually around other small pokémon when I was little.

“Master had a way of training his pokémon. He caught a great many of them, and found the strongest by process of elimination. To put it simply, he put us through constant training, day after day, and those who didn’t survive, were simply just too weak. Most of them died, but Master didn’t care. He had a lot of pokémon, and only the strongest mattered to him.

“The only one who never had any training was Volco. He was the only pokémon Master was kind to, and Volco greatly adored and respected Master. I always hated Volco…despised him. He would often taunt me with food, insult me…stupid things like that. That didn’t really matter, but Volco got to punish me with fire attacks sometimes. It was never enough to seriously injure me; it was just to cause pain. The wounds usually healed fast.

“Like the others I got trained from when I was little. There was what he called the ‘usual training’, the battles, the attack practice. I got hurt a lot, but it usually wasn’t so bad. The other training was worse. Master wanted pokémon who could fight while enduring great pain. So he trained his pokémon to do that. He would well, torture us.

“I think he believed that if we got used to such pain, any pain we felt on the battlefield would be insignificant in comparison to it. He did that lots of times, just causing me pain so I could get used it, so I could have better endurance. He started out by just giving me small jolts of electricity when I was little, but it got worse as I got older. It got a lot worse.

“Before I had done enough training to be put in a real fight, I would get put in practice ones, against another of Master’s pokémon, usually one he didn’t consider very valuable, one that had survived but that didn’t handle the training well. If I fought well against that pokémon, Master would have me fight two. If I got hurt, he said it was just to make me stronger. I couldn’t stop battling because Master always had Volco around him and he would use some fire attack on me, plus Master had a device that would electrocute me if I stopped. I sometimes passed out from this, and only got punished later. I learned that it was better to just obey him. He would be able to make me do what he wanted later anyway, and I got food if I obeyed him the first time.”

At this moment, Thunder paused, but Stormblade didn’t want to interrupt her, and after a moment she went on.

“At first…” she began, and Stormblade thought he detected a hint of sadness in her voice, “I tried to make it through everything by asking for help from some of the other young pokémon there. They would give me food sometimes if I didn’t get any, and I gave them some of my food sometimes too. We were always trying to help each other, and I became close to some of them, but…the ones I befriended eventually died. They didn’t make it through the training. I had to watch some of them die. It used to horrify me whenever one of them was killed.

“As time went on I saw more pokémon die…but after I’d seen a large number of them pass away and become distraught after each one, even if I hadn’t known them, the other pokémon started telling me to just forget it and move on. And after a while…after a time of seeing more and more deaths…I started to listen. They told me there was no point; that it didn’t matter…that this was just the way things were. And in time…I stopped caring.

“I kept being trained by Master with the other pokémon, being repeatedly told these things, and I believed them. It was all I was ever told. I no longer cared if someone else was hurt or killed; all that mattered to me was surviving the day, proving myself tough enough so that I could become one of Master’s stronger pokémon, so I would not have to go through torture anymore. When I was old enough and Master was satisfied that I was strong enough, he began putting me in real fights.”

At this moment Thunder paused again, staring around the grove of trees briefly before continuing. When she did, she had regained her calm and almost emotionless voice again.

“The fighting areas he brought me to were strange. They didn’t look like the ones we practiced in. They were usually in a big building, or outside. Lots of humans always came to watch. There were others like Master, too. They would bring a strong pokémon, and me or one of Master’s other pokémon would battle them. Master and the other human would release their pokémon into an enclosed area or sometimes a deep pit, which had something like a cage over the top so we couldn’t fly or climb out. I think the humans were afraid we would attack them.

“I never tried though. I only wanted to win so Master would be happy with me. When he was happy, he treated me better. Master would starve me before these fights, not for too long, only a few days, but enough to make me want to win. If I did win, he gave me food as a reward. In most of these fights I just had to make the other pokémon faint, and it took a long time; they didn’t faint easily, and it was usually only after they had lost a lot of blood. But I was used to fighting, so most of these battles were easy enough.

“But there were some that were far worse. Not many humans made their pokémon battle in these fights. But Master did. He knew he was taking a risk by entering one of us because of all the time he spent training me and the other pokémon he used. We had won a lot of fights and he had gotten a lot of money, but he took this risk so he could get more money. In these fights though, pokémon fought to the death. Sometimes there were a lot of us in the arena at once; other times there were just two. Either way, there was only one, simple, rule. To win, you had to be the last one alive.

“I never wanted to kill my opponents, at first, but he made me do it so many times it started to feel like the natural thing to do. These battles were much fiercer-pokémon were fighting to stay alive-they were desperate, but I was trained to ignore pain and keep fighting regardless of any injuries I sustained. I almost always came out of these battles badly hurt.

“Later, Master would treat my wounds himself. Unlike the other humans, from what I knew of them, he would do it while I was conscious. Even though I was chained he knew I could still attack him, but I never did. He knew I wouldn’t. He would not give me any medicine for the pain, but he would give me some food while he did it, but only a little. I didn’t injure him, because I knew I wouldn’t get any more food if I did. And I couldn’t kill him; I would starve to death if I did because I was chained, and no one would be there to bring me food. And he knew that.

“I believe Master was looked up to by the other humans who trained battle pokémon. I think they admired the way he could always keep himself in control, and that he showed no fear of his pokémon. I once saw a human who was whipping his pokémon after a battle, and he lost control of the pokémon and it nearly killed him. Aside from him and a few others, the other humans didn’t dare try to use whips on their pokémon, but Master did.

“I think the only reason he used a whip was because he wanted to show that he could do it. To prove to other humans that he could do it and his pokémon wouldn’t turn on him. To show that he was in control.” Thunder turned away from Stormblade and focused on a single star shining in the night sky, seeming lost in thought, though she still looked calm.

“After a while,” she continued, though she seemed tired of talking, “The fights stopped. I think other humans made the fights stop. Master couldn’t go to the buildings anymore. For a while Master didn’t try to find any new places to battle other humans, though I knew it was bound to start again sooner or later. He kept training me though… I was special to him. Not ‘special’ like Volco was special, but I was an excellent fighter in his eyes…I won him a lot of money, so I was valuable. He did not torture me all that often, though he did tell a pokémon to attack me or else use the whip on me when I lost a practice battle or did something to displease him. I was used to it.

“He still often brought in new pokémon, but he did not torture them; or if he did, it was very rarely. He seemed to be satisfied with me and the others who’d gone through the torture-training, and wasn’t so harsh on the newer and younger pokémon, like Redclaw. Master usually just chained me up every day and left me, except for when he put me in a practice battle. Then there was that one night when you found me, and after you set me free I flew into the forest and wandered around for a while until I found you and the others again.” She stopped for a moment and thought of something else, “That typhlosion you battled, the one I was fighting after I left you and the rest of the group; that was Volco. The human there…that was Master.” She turned toward Stormblade again and waited for his response, wondering whether she would be angry or amused by his response.

Stormblade was hardly sure what to think. He was angry and shocked by what Thunder’s trainer had done to her, and surprised too-he had known that Thunder had been abused, but he’d never known the full story…the extent of it. He wanted to help her now, more than anything, but he wasn’t sure he knew how. He could scarcely believe what Thunder’s master had done. This human had ruined Thunder’s life, and all for the sake of money. Stormblade knew that if he himself had been put through the same thing Thunder had, he would most certainly have died. Thunder had gone through so much pain…even his own wounds seemed like nothing in comparison.

“Thunder…” he began, and the other scyther looked at him, unsure if he really believed her or if he actually thought he could help her by knowing about Master. “I’m sorry…” Stormblade whispered quietly, seeming unsure of what else to say, “I’m sorry for everything you had to go through.”

‘Why?’ thought Thunder, ‘You didn’t do it…’ She then realized that Stormblade had said a lot of other confusing things already, and didn’t bother to question him.

“I hate Master…” she growled before Stormblade could say anything more, “If I ever find him again, I’ll kill him!” She spoke with a ferocity that surprised Stormblade, and there was a deadly gleam in her eyes. She wasn’t looking at Stormblade; in fact, she almost seemed to have forgotten that he was there.

“I…I think I understand now…” Stormblade said quietly, attracting Thunder’s attention once again. His voice shook, but he continued, “I mean…I still probably don’t, but I understand better now. I’m sorry…I should have tried to help you more before. I wanted to…I was just never sure how. I’m not even sure what I can do now… But at least it’s over now…you don’t have to worry about Master or Volco or any of them anymore.”

Thunder just stared at him, not knowing what to think. She wasn’t sure whether to make an angry reply or to just leave. It felt better to have talked about Master; she was calmer now-why was Stormblade acting as if everything was worse? She felt like telling him she was fine, that she didn’t need his help and that she could manage on her own. She felt like telling him to leave so she could go back to sleep, and worry about all this later. But she didn’t.

“It’s not over,” she replied quietly, causing Stormblade to look up at her in surprise. She hadn’t wanted to confess any weakness to anyone, but somehow telling him this now seemed like the right thing to do. “Back when I fought the vespiquen…and Volco…I lost control…I was ready to kill both of them…I would have killed both of them. When I left Master, I thought the same thing you did…that I could start over and forget about it, but I can’t…it isn’t over…and it won’t ever be…” She stared silently at the ground, and didn’t even move when Stormblade limped closer to her.

“Don’t worry,” he told her softly, touching the tip of his blade lightly to her shoulder. Thunder stiffened at the touch but this time she didn’t move away. “Back then, when you were Master’s pokémon…” Stormblade said quietly, “No one was ever really able to help you. But you’re not in this alone anymore. I’ll find a way to help you somehow.”

Until then Thunder had still been staring at the ground, but now she looked up at Stormblade. She could not understand what compelled him to want to help her so much; her problems had nothing to do with him, and he had enough of his own. She thought it was silly of him, but at the same time, she had to admit to herself…she didn’t want to be alone. She had never wanted to be.

“I have to stay around Redclaw for a while anyways,” Thunder said softly, “I don’t know how to hunt. I’m not used to being wild.”

“I’m sure Redclaw would like to teach you,” Stormblade said, smiling a little, “I know he cares about you. I’m sure he’ll be a good teacher.”

“Can he hunt like a scyther?” Thunder asked, looking doubtful.

“No,” Stormblade replied, “But he can show you the basics. I can help teach you how, but I won’t be able to show you. You can fight well, though; I’m sure hunting will come easy for you.”

“Is it hard at first?” questioned Thunder, giving Stormblade another curious look.

“A little,” Stormblade answered, “But it gets easier. Once you see how it’s done, you should get the idea.”

For a while the two of them talked, sitting beside the trees listening to the soft calm winds and breathing in the cool night air. Thunder didn’t see any real importance in their conversation, but it had been a long while since she had been able to talk to a pokémon-about anything-without getting angry or upset. For the first time in a long while, she felt somewhat at peace... Somewhat.

Stormblade was taken by surprise when Thunder suddenly stood up, a look that was almost anger in her eyes. “This is pointless!” she snapped, though it seemed to him as if it almost pained her to say this, “All we’re doing is wasting time. I don’t see how I honestly thought you could help me. Are you a healer? No. Can you hunt? No. I don’t see why you insist on sitting here, wasting time, when we should be resting! And all you’re trying to do is falsely make me believe that you’re going to help me. You’re pathetic!”

She narrowed her eyes, then turned and stalked away. Casting a glance over her shoulder, she sneered, “Better get some rest…we’re going to travel tomorrow. And I don’t want you slowing us down-if you do, I’ll make Redclaw drag you the whole way. But then again, that would be interesting to see…”

Before Stormblade could call out to stop her, Thunder had dashed off, leaving him behind and heading back to the tree that she had been sleeping in before. Stormblade lay down miserably on the ground, feeling confused and helpless. Why had she suddenly reacted that way when before she had been calm enough around him? What she said hadn’t even made sense, considering that she had been talking to him peacefully before. What had he done to make her act that way? Why was she so upset with him?

Stormblade felt too weak to walk back to the nest Redclaw had made for him, so instead he curled up on the ground beside the tree he and Thunder had been sitting by before. He’d wanted to help Thunder, show her she wasn’t alone-and for a while, it had seemed like it had worked. But now, he couldn’t help but feel…as if he had just made everything worse.

Thunder feebly slashed away a branch that hung in her way, as she slowly walked back toward the tree near where Redclaw was sleeping. Truthfully, she had wanted to be friends…she really had. Yet she knew she couldn’t; it would only hurt her in the end, and she wasn’t sure she could face that sort of pain again.

When she had been small, she had always looked to other pokémon for support and even friendship in order to help make it through all of Master’s tests. But after she had to watch each of them, one by one, fail those tests and die, she had made a point of not getting to know the other pokémon too well. In the long run, making friends had never helped. Only caused her pain she didn’t need. She wished she had never tried to help that young scyther in the forest; never grown close to him. It would have been better.

Thunder stopped herself, quickly reminding herself that all that was in the past. She had made mistakes, but she would learn from her mistakes. She wouldn’t talk to Stormblade anymore. She wouldn’t let him try to get close to her. She would make him leave her alone, make him hate her if she had to, but she had to get him to realize that they were not friends. They couldn’t be.

Thunder’s thoughts wandered back to Snowcrystal and the others she had traveled with. She had tried to help them sometimes, even when she wasn’t sure why herself. And where had it brought her? Briefly, Thunder remembered trying to help free Rosie, and glanced at the bullet wounds in her side and shoulder. It had gotten her nowhere.

And out of all the pokémon she could possibly trust, Stormblade was the last one she should try to befriend. He was injured, and by a cursed attack that gave him wounds that would never heal; wounds that would just get infected worse and worse and never get better. There was no way he would survive that…

And when she had to watch him die, she didn’t want to care.

As the moon glistened silently overhead, the wreckage of Team Rocket’s secret base lay forlorn and silent. Wind echoed sadly through the area, moving small bits of rubbish across the sandy ground.

Suddenly a bluish glow surrounded a large chunk of debris and lifted it into the air before tossing it away into the rubble. From a pile of twisted metal and splintered wood, Solus painfully hauled himself onto firm ground; picking his way over the wreckage before collapsing in the dust near the ruined building.

He had been abandoned…forgotten… The Rockets who had the chance had teleported away using their abra at the sound of the explosions, but Solus hadn’t been around them, and no one had come looking. Dust and traces of blood stained the espeon’s fur, and he gave it a few quick licks, smoothing it out and cleaning some of the small cuts he’d received. The wounds the scyther had inflicted still stung, but he left them alone.

Still feeling outraged, Solus stood up and limped away, hardly giving the Rocket’s building a second glance. He had no way of locating his trainer; he was a wild pokémon now. Surprisingly, he didn’t feel intimidated by the thought of having to live a life fending for himself. He had been a high-ranking Rocket pokémon for a reason; his psychic powers were legendary among Team Rocket’s pokémon.

Though he was secretly still seething with rage about being forgotten, he pushed the feeling to the back of his mind. He would have no problem surviving in the wild; the only ones who had to worry now were the ones who got in his way.

To be continued...

Okay, LONG. Once again, sorry for the long-ness!

Also I’d like to hear any theories anyone has about this. ^-^

The Path of Destiny Chapter 28: The Forgotten City coming soon! (It’ll have more action than this one!)

-My Links-
Old 08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
zinachu Offline

WHOOOOO
Chapter Update! 8DDD
Everyone who writes the fanfics I read have been reaaaaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyy slow in updating

Good Chapter :3
Old 08-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Azurai Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Azurai Wolf

:o A new chapter!
Go, Cyclone! Yay for Cyclone! ^^

Reylai: I have a feeling Cyclone is the evil one in the story...

So? I'm still rooting for him!
Anyways, onto other things:
Quote:
“If there was a way,” Cyclone replied in a clear tone, his voice sounding calm and mysterious, “Would you?”
I've noticed you do this a lot: "Blah blah blah," person said, "Blah blah blah."
If there is a comma after "mysterious" and not a period, then the sentence isn't done, and therefore the "W" in Would should not be capitalized.

However, in this case:
Quote:
"Dunno," he replied uneasily, "Humans just do what they want..."
Making the "H" in Humans lowercase would not make sense, since "Dunno" and "Human just do what they want" are two separate sentences. Therefore, there should be a period, not comma, after uneasily.

In other news, THEORIES! There's one thing I'm now sure about--Solus is getting the Psychic Forbidden Stone!
Yay! Stormblade and Thunder are friends now! Wonder if they'll get closer than that... Now they'll be working together, and hopefully meet up with Snowcrystal and pals!
Snowcrystal's dream does signify a few things...Icefang--her past. What he said--she should continue on looking for Articuno, meaning some clues about the bird may come up soon. Stormblade withering away--hmm...I doubt you'd kill off a scyther...I think pokemon hit by Forbidden attacks live their lives in pain but can never die, like a way of torture. A normal pokemon would have died from all that, but I don't think Stormblade has superpowers either. So that seems like a good explanation for it.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:48 PM

i feel so sorry for thunder for what she went through...
Old 08-13-2008, 05:47 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Yay, I'm glad people don't want to kill me for making obnoxiously long chapters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinachu View Post
WHOOOOO
Chapter Update! 8DDD
Everyone who writes the fanfics I read have been reaaaaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyy slow in updating

Good Chapter :3
Thanks! Hopefully, my next chapter will be up soon too! I've started working on it. ^-^

Quote:
I've noticed you do this a lot: "Blah blah blah," person said, "Blah blah blah."
If there is a comma after "mysterious" and not a period, then the sentence isn't done, and therefore the "W" in Would should not be capitalized.
Hm...I didn't know that, I always thought when they started a new sentence that they were speaking it was supposed to be capitalized, at least I was told that was right...I'm probably wrong... I always seem to get confused with the way sentences are supposed to be written. Oops...

Quote:
Making the "H" in Humans lowercase would not make sense, since "Dunno" and "Human just do what they want" are two separate sentences. Therefore, there should be a period, not comma, after uneasily.
I didn't know this either, but now that I think about it, it makes sense, so thanks!

Quote:
:o A new chapter!
Go, Cyclone! Yay for Cyclone! ^^

Reylai: I have a feeling Cyclone is the evil one in the story...

So? I'm still rooting for him!
I'm glad you like Cyclone so far-I have a lot planned for him... =3

Quote:
In other news, THEORIES! There's one thing I'm now sure about--Solus is getting the Psychic Forbidden Stone!
Yay! Stormblade and Thunder are friends now! Wonder if they'll get closer than that... Now they'll be working together, and hopefully meet up with Snowcrystal and pals!
Snowcrystal's dream does signify a few things...Icefang--her past. What he said--she should continue on looking for Articuno, meaning some clues about the bird may come up soon. Stormblade withering away--hmm...I doubt you'd kill off a scyther...I think pokemon hit by Forbidden attacks live their lives in pain but can never die, like a way of torture. A normal pokemon would have died from all that, but I don't think Stormblade has superpowers either. So that seems like a good explanation for it.
[/FONT]
Yay, I always like to hear theories! And I have plans for Solus as well... And the fact that he's furious at his Team Rocket owners won't turn out to be a good thing... D:

And Stormblade has lived longer than he normally would with those wounds, partially do to the forbidden attack thing. But he can die. I won't say much, but I will say that he can die, though there are other dangers he's in besides just his wounds. Infection, for example...

And yeah, Stormblade doesn't have any superpowers. xD A funny image came to mind when I read that... xDDD And Stormblade considers Thunder his friend, though Thunder thinks otherwise. DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1111 View Post
i feel so sorry for thunder for what she went through...
Yeah, that's why Stormblade wants to help her; though she doesn't seem to want his help anymore...

-My Links-
Old 08-13-2008, 05:54 AM

Poor stormblade..
Old 08-13-2008, 06:13 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Hooray for long chapters!! ^o^ (I love to read)
I just have to say, that whole thing with the grass Pokemon is totally unfair.
I mean, I understand them being suspicious and all, but making them fight just to prove they aren't the enemy? And it's apparent that Rosie is in no condition to fight, even if she was an enemy.
It's great that we finally got to see Thunder's past. I've read stories with characters who push people away just cause they don't want to be hurt if something happens to them. (which means your writing style is up there with some of my favorite authors ^^)
Of course, I wonder if she realizes that makes her selfish? She hurts others so that she doesn't get hurt...
Anyway, that was well done. And I like how you through Solus in there at the end. So many are becoming linked by one thing. (also a characteristic of a fave author ^^)
Definately keep up the awesome work on this Scy! ^^
*patiently waits for more*
Old 08-13-2008, 06:21 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Hooray for long chapters!! ^o^ (I love to read)
I just have to say, that whole thing with the grass Pokemon is totally unfair.
I mean, I understand them being suspicious and all, but making them fight just to prove they aren't the enemy? And it's apparent that Rosie is in no condition to fight, even if she was an enemy.
It's great that we finally got to see Thunder's past. I've read stories with characters who push people away just cause they don't want to be hurt if something happens to them. (which means your writing style is up there with some of my favorite authors ^^)
Of course, I wonder if she realizes that makes her selfish? She hurts others so that she doesn't get hurt...
Anyway, that was well done. And I like how you through Solus in there at the end. So many are becoming linked by one thing. (also a characteristic of a fave author ^^)
Definately keep up the awesome work on this Scy! ^^
*patiently waits for more*
Thanks, and glad you like the long chapters! Yeah, the grass pokémon are being unfair, which is why Snowcrystal wants to think of a way to convince them that they aren't the reason they have to live in that cave. And even if they do fight, Rosie obviously won't be able to, but they know the others can, even though Spark's leg is still injured he can use electric attacks from a distance.

Also I'm glad you like my writing style! And yep, I like to link things together. =D And yeah, Thunder does realize she's being selfish, but unfortunately at this point she still doesn't see things such as befriending Stormblade as worth it. Plus she assumes that Stormblade will just be fine because he has other friends, and she doesn't really understand what drives him to want to help her.

I'm glad you like the chapter and I'll be working on the next one! ^-^

-My Links-
Old 08-13-2008, 05:51 PM
scalec Offline

Long chapters, but I enjoyed it.
I feel so bad for Thunder, and Cyclone is creeping me out...what will happen next?