Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 10-04-2004, 07:50 PM
green gyarados Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to green gyarados
Default Re: RP announcements and feedback

I started an RP just a while back but that's still taking places for registry.

New RP:

You choose where you begin... anywhere in the world... be it Australia to Germany... you choose... and you travel to a country with a land of creatures that the country has never seen before... pokemon. all 386 there but the new land. Adventure and action happens here. Should be up in the next ten mins. It's called Pokemon: The New Lands, so don't miss it.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:21 AM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

I have a question for all -- When is the next Role Playing Olympics Going To Begin? I was just wondering... Oh well, Probably Know One Knows For Sure.

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 01-15-2005, 04:52 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marill
I have a question for all -- When is the next Role Playing Olympics Going To Begin? I was just wondering... Oh well, Probably Know One Knows For Sure.
Sadly, it was canceled by Harry Kim after Ryan had made it clear PE2K would no longer be participating in them. The same thing happened with the December Art Challenge, even though every other Pokemon forum took part in it.

I guess you could make your own forum wide competition, but lately those haven't been working so well...

Old 01-15-2005, 05:02 AM
Marill Offline

Well, if that is in reference to your War RP, maybe because it is not official it is not doing so well? Or maybe because of the lack of activity. Who knows? But that's a bummer about the whole Olympics Thing.

Old 01-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Why not make it official, I doubt anybody would really complain. It would make everyone take it more seriously and we'd get a (large amount) more activity. Hehe I had to censor myself.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Marill Offline

That is true. I don't think people want to dedicate precious time to something like that if it would just be erased in the end. In other news, I can't wait until the Race of Tairo picks up! It's going to be an awesome RP! And, I'm currently working on a forum-wide RP myself, with a few other members helping me. It's going to take a long while, though, to get all worked out. And, furthermore, does anybody think that there could be a way to have an inner-forum Role Play Olympics? Just us, no one else? I think that would be neat. Pitting "Other Role Players" versus "Pokémon Role Players." Hmm...

Old 02-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Daniella Defines Divinity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I want to join an RP, any suggestions as to one which I should join? :)
Old 02-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Channel Delibird Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Channel Delibird Send a message via MSN to Channel Delibird Send a message via Yahoo to Channel Delibird

Bah, I would've said Perspective yesterday, but it's full. Nice that it happened so quickly, though, considering how long it took for me to sort out Big PokeBrother. On the subject of Big PokeBrother, even if you're not involved in RPing you should check it out - we're gonna need some member voting at the end of the week (i.e. everyone we can get to vote) to keep it working. That'll be interesting...

Channel Delibird
A.K.A. Vex, also formerly: Poke the North!; Diboofm Efmjcjse

Current Soul Silver team

Caracas, Las Vegas, Babylon, Chennai, Napoli, Wollongong
Old 02-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel Delibird
Bah, I would've said Perspective yesterday, but it's full. Nice that it happened so quickly, though, considering how long it took for me to sort out Big PokeBrother. On the subject of Big PokeBrother, even if you're not involved in RPing you should check it out - we're gonna need some member voting at the end of the week (i.e. everyone we can get to vote) to keep it working. That'll be interesting...
I wanted to join that one too! It seemed interesting, but it filled up :( If anyone drops out give me a shout ^_^

Meh I might start one but I have no idea what about, I'll have to think things through a bit more, I wouldn't mine a typical traineresque type one again ^_^
Old 02-22-2005, 02:34 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I kind of like Marill's idea of combining Pokemon and Non-Pokemon together in some sort of roleplay. Wouldn't know what kind of plot that would be though.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Marill Offline

Delibird: That reminds me... I've gotta go post!

Shiva (Dani): I wouldn't mind one of those either. ^__^; Especially if you were here to join in!

HKim: That suggestion was supposed to increase activity between the two boards, and hopefully spark more interest in the two. That was before you and I had constructed our PE2K Inner-Forum Olympics, and so I hadn't given that much thought to it past the suggestion I had stated. But, if you'd like to help me compose one... I'd be more than willing to help out!

Old 02-23-2005, 10:12 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
HKim: That suggestion was supposed to increase activity between the two boards, and hopefully spark more interest in the two. That was before you and I had constructed our PE2K Inner-Forum Olympics, and so I hadn't given that much thought to it past the suggestion I had stated. But, if you'd like to help me compose one... I'd be more than willing to help out!

Heh. I just thought it sounded like a great idea and certainly an roleplay I would join if I wasn't bogged down with work (Not to mention the War RP which I haven't even managed to post in for a month). However, the roleplay section hasn't recovered as quickly as fanart and fanfic, so anything we can do can help.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 02-23-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:

Shiva (Dani): I wouldn't mind one of those either. ^__^; Especially if you were here to join in!
Of course ^_^, although I need to think of something to start it off with first though ^_^
Old 02-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Marill Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim
Heh. I just thought it sounded like a great idea and certainly an roleplay I would join if I wasn't bogged down with work (Not to mention the War RP which I haven't even managed to post in for a month). However, the roleplay section hasn't recovered as quickly as fanart and fanfic, so anything we can do can help.
Well, this is very true. I've been constructing an RP, like I've said, for quite some time now. It's going to be big, whenever it debuts, but this may be for a while. That's why I wanted so bad to create interest within the RP board. Therefore, because of this renewed spirit in Role Playing, I was desiring constructing the PKMN RP VS OTHER RP, but I don't know how to do such a thing. And, when that didn't go over too well (until now), I worked with you to establish an Olympics of our own. (Which I can't wait to come out!) The RP board has suffered greatly, due to inactivity mainly sparked by lack of interest and/or time. The War Rp's are great, but if didn't join in the beginning, you don't have much room to come in thereafter. I think that's what is so significant about Satou/Renna (Aiya Quackform)/Matt/and Mine's RP. But, I don't want to reveal too much.

Anyway, I have also noticed, in the case of the War Rp, that the group has many people, and is a "stickied" thread. I believe the PKMN RP board (as I'm not active in the Other RP board to speak for them) should have a rule, that if you had an X amount of members, the RP could be stickied. That would make it easier for the RP to keep going. Most RP's also need a member, whether it be an actual participant or not, that keeps on asking members to post. I've heard that Neo Pikachu (Valiant Lugia) does this within the War RP. And, though some members get bogged down sometimes, it seems to work.

I have multitudes of ideas for the PKMN board in general, and don't mean to go off on a soapbox. I am usually fearful that my idea's will get rejected or not liked, that's why I usually withold them. So, now that I've completely rambled on...

Dani! I can't wait until you create your RP! ^___^; It'll be great!

Old 02-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

*points to Back to Basics*

Made one, nothing spectacular, just good to get the juices flowing ^_^