Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Soul Howl Offline

Default Sprite Fixing Request

I'm not really sure where to put this, but I joined so I could ask a question/favor of someone about two of the the Pokémon Black and White animated sprites in the resource.

I noticed that Espeon's animation is sort of messed up, as the frames don't disappear after each other so the animation looks weird.

Also, Glaceon's animation runs a little slowly.

I'm looking to see if it's possible to fix Espeon and speed up Glaceon. The reason I'm asking instead of finding another one online is I'd like to have all 8 Eevee family animations from the same site, for consistency reasons.

If there's somewhere else this goes, please point me in that direction. Thanks!

Edit: Also, are there shiny versions of the Black and White sprites that are animated? Thanks.

Last edited by Soul Howl; 12-13-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Sprite Fixing Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Howl View Post
I'm not really sure where to put this, but I joined so I could ask a question/favor of someone about two of the the Pokémon Black and White animated sprites in the resource.

I noticed that Espeon's animation is sort of messed up, as the frames don't disappear after each other so the animation looks weird.

Also, Glaceon's animation runs a little slowly.

I'm looking to see if it's possible to fix Espeon and speed up Glaceon. The reason I'm asking instead of finding another one online is I'd like to have all 8 Eevee family animations from the same site, for consistency reasons.

If there's somewhere else this goes, please point me in that direction. Thanks!

Edit: Also, are there shiny versions of the Black and White sprites that are animated? Thanks.
Hey there. :] Ohh, okay.

Ahh, okay, I completely understand. And this is pretty much the right place to post it, so you're all good. ^^ The other place would have been in the questions/feedback section, but yeah, I'll talk to my superiors about this. Thank you for pointing it out. And I'm not sure about the shiny versions...that's a good point. xD I'll see what I can do. :D

~GS.

EDIT: Espeon: After a bit of research, I've found that this is how the espeon sprite is meant to be. Since animation is very difficult to do well in terms of having each frame as smooth as the first, then you're likely to have all those weird-looking pixels which you would probably thing are in the wrong place. But that's how it is normally. If you take a look at this sprite sheet, you will see that the frames have distorted tails, but that it's meant to be that way. :]

Glaceon: Unless you can prove me wrong on both or either of these, I'll tell you that glaceon's animation, as we have it, is correct. I've compared it with other glaceon animation sprites, and they all work at the same frame-rate. o: So you can use the espeon and the glaceon, as they're both safe and how they're meant to be. :D

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 12-13-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 AM
Soul Howl Offline

Default Re: Sprite Fixing Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

Hey there. :] Ohh, okay.

Ahh, okay, I completely understand. And this is pretty much the right place to post it, so you're all good. ^^ The other place would have been in the questions/feedback section, but yeah, I'll talk to my superiors about this. Thank you for pointing it out. And I'm not sure about the shiny versions...that's a good point. xD I'll see what I can do. :D

~GS.

EDIT: Espeon: After a bit of research, I've found that this is how the espeon sprite is meant to be. Since animation is very difficult to do well in terms of having each frame as smooth as the first, then you're likely to have all those weird-looking pixels which you would probably thing are in the wrong place. But that's how it is normally. If you take a look at this sprite sheet, you will see that the frames have distorted tails, but that it's meant to be that way. :]

Glaceon: Unless you can prove me wrong on both or either of these, I'll tell you that glaceon's animation, as we have it, is correct. I've compared it with other glaceon animation sprites, and they all work at the same frame-rate. o: So you can use the espeon and the glaceon, as they're both safe and how they're meant to be. :D
Thanks for checking. I was actually not talking about how the tail looks distorted, but that the frames don't disappear so after a second it looks like Espeon has multiple tails and legs. Or is that just me?

Also, Glaceon seemed a bit slow on this site and one other, and when I looked at its animation in-game (if you want to see, the fastest way is probably YouTube) it seemed just a bit faster. I don't know if I'm seeing it wrong, but I would appreciate it if you could check it out :3

It's not the biggest deal in the world, but I just thought I would point it out. Probably should have been more descriptive XD

Anyway, thanks for your time with this :P