Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:39 PM
KingofAnime Offline

Send a message via AIM to KingofAnime Send a message via MSN to KingofAnime Send a message via Yahoo to KingofAnime
Default From my pencil to your PC; It's Art Time with KoA!

That sounds like it could be the name for a hit new show, so I'll pretend this thread is exactly that in my mind.

Anywho, I'll just post my drawings now...

Julia Belmont: My fan character for a long defunct Castlevania fangame. She was the daughter of Julius Belmont from AoS/DoS, and her story was an alternate sequel to AoS.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kin...Concept_001.png

Charybdis: A boss design I came up with to be in that same game. In mythology, she is described as a giant maw in the ocean and was the sister of Scylla. Since Scylla already made an appearance in Symphony of The Night, Charybdis was sure to make an appearance as well. ;)

Warning: Due to the fact that the following link shows an exposed female upper body, I've decided to put it in code tags. If you want to view the image, you'll have to manually copy and paste knowing I gave you the warning in advance. I did not see anything in the rules concerning partial nudity in artwork. If this rubs anyone the wrong way, please tell me and I'll remove it.

Code:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly%20Recent%20to%20New%20Art/spit_image.php.png
<After these two pics, I got caught up in pokemon for a while and a lot of my following pieces are pokeart.>

Anywho, at Smogon, there was a series of "Create-A-Pokemon" threads, where the entire community came together and went through an elaborate process to create a brand new pokemon from scratch. In one part of the polls, there was an art stage where artists submitted their possible designs for what the pokemon was to possibly look like given that its typing was to be Ice/Bug and designed as a mixed sweeper. My design was as follows:

(By the way, the winning design was made by the user Cyzir Visheen)

Well, seeing as how my design lost to the better man, I began work on spriting him, since this was one of the final stages for the pokemon to go through, now named Syclant. In order to sprite him by scratch, I had to draw him up in a pose of my own to serve as a good reference. Again, the design is Cyzir's I only redrew him in a different pose.

What does the sprite look like? You'll have to check my sprite thread for that. :|

After the success of Smogon's first "Create-A-Pokemon" polls, a second one is currently underway and our typing this time is Ghost/Fight. The role it will play is a physically balanced pokemon. Alot of folks hoped for him to be a Banette evo, but the final vote ruled against this. But to make those chaps happy, I drew up some possible Bannette evo designs.

Design one was probably the most lol. I didn't realize it at first when I drew him, but his robes and the puppet handle behind his back and the way his arms were stretched out like that made him look like he was Jesus being crucified. With that, I dubbed this "Ghost of Jesus"

Design two was closer to my central idea of mixing in a puppeteer theme, but the face kinda killed it for me. :(

Design three was the final and best. I managed to not only express the puppeteer theme well, but I allowed him to be able to use the handle as a means for attacking and defending.

After the Banette evo ideas, I wanted to create some new Ghost/Fighting designs from scratch. This first one was reminiscent of a Viking Ghost, though that was unintentional as well. :/

This next design is my favorite of all of them. I did everything very well because of a great inspiration I had for him. Tell me if you can guess what it was. This is also the chosen design for it.

We are at the naming poll now.

This next picture is pretty random and kinda sucks. It's just a dragon. I hate humanshaped dragons more than anything so I really don't know why I drew him.

Also, I made a conceptual picture of Steelix showing him drawn in several pieces. This has a specific purpose in mind and I won't quite reveal it yet...

This piece is an interpretation of what a Lugia fused with a Garchomp may look like:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kin...t/LugiChomp.png

This one is an Abomasnow Evolution named Yetalanche:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kin.../Yetalanche.png

This one is a Jynx evo named Voodear:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kin...Art/VooDear.png

A bit of a double pack, this picture shows a Pinsir evo and a pre-evo for Lapras:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kin...%20Art/News.png

Mamoswine. The best pokemon ever and my favorite one.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kin...e/Mamoswine.png

This last one is a design for an Uber Dark/Steel type. It's meant ot be the mascot for one of the versions of a hopeful fangame. The counterpart in the other version is a Steel/Psychic type.

Yes, one arm was drawn intentionally.

That's my art thus far. At this point, I'm kinda bored, so I can accept a couple requests if anyone has them.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:47 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: From my pencil to your PC; It's Art Time with KoA!

Seen your works on another forum. Like always, perfectly drawn. Do you use charcoal pencils (obvious answer)?

I'd like to see you colour those in and a more refined (edited) version from Photoshop. You could pass them off as real Pokemon that way. But they're still very well drawn, kudos to you. Kepp it up.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:07 PM
KingofAnime Offline

Send a message via AIM to KingofAnime Send a message via MSN to KingofAnime Send a message via Yahoo to KingofAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyK View Post
Seen your works on another forum. Like always, perfectly drawn. Do you use charcoal pencils (obvious answer)?

I'd like to see you colour those in and a more refined (edited) version from Photoshop. You could pass them off as real Pokemon that way. But they're still very well drawn, kudos to you. Kepp it up.
Actually, I only use Mechanical pencils for drawing. I've dabbled in charcoal before but it was messy and the noise of it rubbing aainst the paper hurt my ears. :(

The images get their charcoalish texture from when I adjust the levels of them in photoshop to get them darker.

As you can see from the Steelix image, the end result comes up very lightly when just scanned directly onto my PC and uploaded.

I've also tried coloring in the past, but I'm none too good and thusly, only settle for b & w sketches.

Wanna see what I mean? THis is from when I tried coloring a couple years ago on my own. The end result is nothing short of garbage. ._.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../RailWreck.png

I tried once again by Drawing Ox Fire from Megaman Starforce late last year:

While that one was an improvement, It was still too time consuming and the end result wasn't even too appealing. :(
Old 03-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

I am speechless. You have an amazing talent for drawing.
I'm a fan of your work now!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:12 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

It isn't that bad. Kind of looks like a pixel-over. Charcoal does get smudgy.

Your Steelix was very good. I liked it, it gave off a texture-like mood, you know what I mean? I'd like to see you draw a person, something non-mechanical. I'm sure you'd be pretty good at that, too. You colour and shade pretty well; you shouldn't stop now. It's a lot better than some people's colouring. But it's your choice.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:23 PM
KingofAnime Offline

Quote:
It isn't that bad. Kind of looks like a pixel-over. Charcoal does get smudgy.

Your Steelix was very good. I liked it, it gave off a texture-like mood, you know what I mean? I'd like to see you draw a person, something non-mechanical. I'm sure you'd be pretty good at that, too. You colour and shade pretty well; you shouldn't stop now. It's a lot better than some people's colouring. But it's your choice.
Well, I've been reading online tutorials for awhile and am considering going back into it. I just need to clear up a weekend night for it.

As far as humans go, this is surprisingly the only human sketch I've done in the past year:

There's also the time I tried getting the feel for drawing eposed flesh after playing Resident Evil one too many times.
I don't suggest clicking the link unless you don't mind disfigured zombie blood monsters.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...t/Haunting.png
Old 03-11-2008, 05:45 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

That's not bad. Nice Resident Evil zombie, though it would look better if it was coloured. Yeah, I'm bugging you about colouring, sorry. I like the human sketch you did, especially the glove (yes, I actually noticed it). The overall features were done very nicely. I suggest you draw more human sketches, they'd look really nice.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:50 PM
KingofAnime Offline

Quote:
That's not bad. Nice Resident Evil zombie, though it would look better if it was coloured. Yeah, I'm bugging you about colouring, sorry. I like the human sketch you did, especially the glove (yes, I actually noticed it). The overall features were done very nicely. I suggest you draw more human sketches, they'd look really nice.
Well that comment gives me enough motivation at least to do a few Gym Leader sketches. :)

I should have a couple up within a few days.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:53 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofAnime View Post
Well that comment gives me enough motivation at least to do a few Gym Leader sketches. :)

I should have a couple up within a few days.
Ooh, I'd like to see those. Do it! People love Pokemon related things (here, at least).
Old 03-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

I really like the mummy you drew for Create-A-Pokemon :x

I actually like that dragon picture a lot too -- it sort of has a Digimon feel to it.

Hi

Old 03-14-2008, 10:03 PM
KingofAnime Offline

Drew the mummy (Now named Revenankh) in another pose.

This is the pose that he will be sprited in.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:36 AM
Wingull Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Wingull

You have a prizewinning Mummy! I wish I drew like you...
Old 04-13-2008, 07:41 AM
KingofAnime Offline

Updating with a pic of Chansey. I'm going to start coloring this tomorrow.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:28 AM
DratiniLover Offline

Smile Re: From my pencil to your PC; It's Art Time with KoA!

What great artwork! Those pictures are great, I definitely want to see more!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:11 AM
KingofAnime Offline

Heheh, I found some old gems in my old art binder. :)

This first one is a parody pic I made when PoR came out. I noticed there was an abnormally large amount of female enemies in this game. :o

It was hard fitting them all into a single piece of paper, so I scrunched them together and made it in the form of a TAG commercial. You can see where I grew bored of this pic and got lazy. You might not get this if you haven't played Portrait of Ruin or watched any Tag commercials.

This next one was an old self portrait I made. I was originally supposed to convey an emotion, so I chose fear. It wasn't until the next day that someone told me it looked like I was eating a large invisible hamburger that I really laughed at this: