Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:50 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist
Default Re: Have you already thought about what you're going to do for Summer Vacation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Sunday View Post
Exactly! If the words 'Europe and vacation' were ever used in the same sentence at my house, I would start screaming and crying. (With joy.)

... But no. It's too expensive, and we also don't have the time. *My parents work long hours* -_-
Well, hey, those long hours trade off in other ways, do they not?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:52 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default Re: Have you already thought about what you're going to do for Summer Vacation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Sunday View Post
Exactly! If the words 'Europe and vacation' were ever used in the same sentence at my house, I would start screaming and crying. (With joy.)

... But no. It's too expensive, and we also don't have the time. *My parents work long hours* -_-

As embarrassing as it is to say, I would probably do the same thing. xDDDD

Yeah, same case here... Too expensive & not enough time, seeing as my mom recently opened up her own store & has to be there to run everything. =/

I got an opportunity to go to Italy & Spain & Switzerland, etc. from this organization called People to People, seeing as I have like the best academics in my school, but the cost is outrageous and my parents won't pay for me to go. ;___; (My friend went last year, but the trip was to Australia & she said it was amazing)

*sigh* I guess I am destined to face the mediocrity of a normal summer. lol

BRYCExKAT
Old 03-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Well, hey, those long hours trade off in other ways, do they not?
Of course- I would never want them to stop working or anything. xD I was just saying we wouldn't have the time to go on a 2-3 week long trip to Europe.

Both of my parents make a good amount of money and such, but not enough for Europe. Maybe enough for 4-5 days, but that just isn't worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post

Yeah, same case here... Too expensive & not enough time, seeing as my mom recently opened up her own store & has to be there to run everything. =/

I got an opportunity to go to Italy & Spain & Switzerland, etc. from this organization called People to People, seeing as I have like the best academics in my school, but the cost is outrageous and my parents won't pay for me to go. ;___; (My friend went last year, but the trip was to Australia & she said it was amazing)

That must really suck!! ;__; If I remember correctly, this charter school in my area lets the students who are learning foreign languages go on a trip overseas. But that's a little... off-topic. xD Kinda.

Same with me as well. This summer will be pretty normal. ^^;

The Wasteland

Old 03-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Well Snowball, you're not alone there! My family never travels further than the U.S.. And I'm in Canada. And we only go about 3-5 hours away for like 3-4 days.

I guess it's the family time that counts.

I really wanna travel with my longterm g/f this summer... I wanna ask her to marry me at a concert or something!

But first I need a car... Damn...
Old 03-11-2008, 03:32 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Well Snowball, you're not alone there! My family never travels further than the U.S.. And I'm in Canada. And we only go about 3-5 hours away for like 3-4 days.

I guess it's the family time that counts.

I really wanna travel with my longterm g/f this summer... I wanna ask her to marry me at a concert or something!

But first I need a car... Damn...
I need a car too. lol

I don't really have plans or anything, but I can't wait for college to be over. I'm just sick of school and i can't wait. Well my familiy was planning on going to Dolly Wood, but do to money properly not.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 03-11-2008, 03:50 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post

People to People, huh? I got a letter from that, too instead mine was to England and France (my academics are high, too) and like you, way too expensive. My friend is actually going this summer, damn I envy her. >.>

Me, I'll probably stay home, we never go out to vacation (I've been outside of Texas or Mexico). Most we will go will probably be the beach. Meh, looks like I'll spent another wasted summer on Pe2K. xP

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 03-11-2008, 01:58 PM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Games 24/7

No more buggings from school. Prolly also hanging around with friends, but gaming get's my priority :p
Old 03-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Lati-Chan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Lati-Chan

Well, I'm going to America, Los Angelas for the first week of summer, then Australia for the next 3 weeks, then Italy for the next 3 weeks. <3333 I'm going with my boyfriend, so obviously my Mom & Dad and His Mom & Dad can afford it. :D

URPG | VPP | Credit | Starry.Graphix

<3 Paired with FlameRyushin <3

Old 03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Midnight Offline

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Send a message via MSN to Midnight Send a message via Skype™ to Midnight

For my summer vacation, I'll be going to California with my dad.
I'll be spending most of the time with my boyfriend, though. Fun. :D

Old 03-11-2008, 11:15 PM
x__hellokitty Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to x__hellokitty

Hang with my stupid friends, hopefully spend a ton of time with my semi-bf, and spend money? xD

And get sewing! :0
Old 03-12-2008, 12:40 AM
yuki97 Offline

BRAWL 4 LIFE!

Well, I might take my g/f to the campground. -_-;
And er.... i might die from Ssbb withdrawl.
yay.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Working for a lawn care company, again.

Good pay, around 10 dollars an hour on an 8 hour day.

Plus, I'll get to work on my spanish.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiikari View Post
Working for a lawn care company, again.

Good pay, around 10 dollars an hour on an 8 hour day.

Plus, I'll get to work on my spanish.
At least you get to move around dude. I sit in a chair and help people with their cable and phone for $10 per hour... Bleh...
Old 03-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Shdw_Tamwyn Offline

Send a message via MSN to Shdw_Tamwyn

Oh, I dont choose... I go to mississsippi for the whole summer :/

Shdw_Tamwyn
Factfile
Credit to TayyabX for the awesome Umbreon banner!
Of Mice & Men|The Holy Guile|Sonata Arctica|The Amity Affliction|Amon Amarth|Opeth|Parkway Drive
FC: -0990 4214 1515-

^Very outdated
I am the biggest Sonata Arctica fan on here. Hands down.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:57 PM
charmeleonblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

We'll be going to Emerald Isle, North Carolina for like the 6th time; man, it just never gets boring!