Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 03:41 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: Can you get Missingno??

kholdstare:
Like I said in the other thread: We only cal it MissingNo because we DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT!
That is the only reason. Now if you can give us a name to call it, then we'll stop calling in MissingNo.

On Topic: The only way MissingNo can be caught in the game is a shark. But I hear a Bad Egg can be caught by battling the 2 fishermen in Dewford in order then going into the Granite Cave. But if you catch it there's an 85% chance all wild Pokemon will be it, even if you reset your game.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Pikablue Offline
New Trainer

Exclamation Re: Can you get Missingno??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire
In RB, it was an unfinished Pokemon yes, and was fixed, meaning ERASED from Yellow. They don't have it in RuSa, quit asking people, and stop arguing. MISSINGNO IS GONE. If you want to see him, stfu and go play Red or Blue, I as well as plenty of other people are tired of your ******** about how we could be wrong.

Missingno. was NOT erased from Yellow. The programers just disabled the thing where they store your name on the caost of cinabar island when they use OLD MAN insted of your name. (or moved it some where els?)

Do you know that catch Mew trick where you press start just as you come in to that one trainer's eye site on the path from Saffron City to Lavender Town then fight that one trainer on the path above Cerulean City. Then fly to Lavender Town and go back on the path to SaffronCity? I do that trick all the time with other trainers. It works but not Mew but other pokemon.(some might have mew because I encounterd some pokemon more than once) There is a Swimmer on the path south of Fuchsia City. (on the land bottom one)
When I did the trick with him I encounterd MISSINGNO. First there was the flashing of a battle starting and when it turn black it stayed black for a wile then it went in to the battle. It was not it's glitchy self. It had differnt moves and it was not in the L shape like in Red and Blue more like a rectangle. And it's name said MISSINGNO . Did not give me 99+ items in my 6th slot and it won't work any more. (Maby because I accedenty made Mew use Transform) All most forgot my Hall of Fame is glitched.

He is not in any other games through.(or is he.....)
Old 10-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Hamtareon Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hamtareon Send a message via MSN to Hamtareon Send a message via Yahoo to Hamtareon

::sighs:: Okay, to explain MissingNo. as best as I can.

Nobody but the people at Nintendo know what MissingNo. and M' truly is. HOWEVER, we all know what the "pokemon" in R/S/FR/LG/E are.

For starters, MissingNo. also comes in different forms. I've seen it as the standard Tetris looking piece but I've heard of it being the Ghost, fossils of the extinct pokemon, and other things. Whether or not it is a "shell" of a pokemon not finished, a glitch, or just a filler is unknown to us but we do know that it's a glitch to get it.

Now, for the "pokemon" people claim are MissingNo., you couldn't be farther from the truth. For starters, they recycle the pictures used for unknown pokedex slots ((?) is American and ?? is Japanese). Then, they're names aren't MissingNo. The ??'s name is ? and I'm not sure what the others name is but I heard it was something like ?????????. I take names like this to be literal in games. These pokemon are obvious fillers. The only attack they can use is Tackle (other than struggle that is). They can't learn any TMs or HMs. You can't transfer them to Box (I tried it once) so I doubt you can do it to Colosseum either. This "pokemon" is useless unless you want it for fun. It is not MissingNo. though.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikablue
Missingno. was NOT erased from Yellow. The programers just disabled the thing where they store your name on the caost of cinabar island when they use OLD MAN insted of your name. (or moved it some where els?)

Do you know that catch Mew trick where you press start just as you come in to that one trainer's eye site on the path from Saffron City to Lavender Town then fight that one trainer on the path above Cerulean City. Then fly to Lavender Town and go back on the path to SaffronCity? I do that trick all the time with other trainers. It works but not Mew but other pokemon.(some might have mew because I encounterd some pokemon more than once) There is a Swimmer on the path south of Fuchsia City. (on the land bottom one)
When I did the trick with him I encounterd MISSINGNO. First there was the flashing of a battle starting and when it turn black it stayed black for a wile then it went in to the battle. It was not it's glitchy self. It had differnt moves and it was not in the L shape like in Red and Blue more like a rectangle. And it's name said MISSINGNO . Did not give me 99+ items in my 6th slot and it won't work any more. (Maby because I accedenty made Mew use Transform) All most forgot my Hall of Fame is glitched.

03-25-04
Yesterday (10-18-04).... DON'T AND NEVER Revive old threads! EVER!!! Especially ones this old !
Old 10-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Blast Burn Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire
In RB, meaning ERASED from Yellow. MISSINGNO IS GONE.
Not true! I went to a cheat site and found a way to get missingno in yellow! For all of you who know how to get Mew without sharking, it's very similar. So

Last edited by Blast Burn; 10-19-2004 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Pikablue Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidnoea
Not true! I went to a cheat site and found a way to get missingno in yellow! For all of you who know how to get Mew without sharking, it's very similar. So
Thats what I was saying

Missingno mystery, Whats worng with "Revieng old threds" So what if nobody had any thing to say in this thred for a few months. I sall it my first time and had something to say!!!!!!!!!!! Because some one did not know what was the truth and I hope it becomes
"alive again"!

Last edited by Pikablue; 10-19-2004 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Thats what I was saying

Missingno mystery, Whats worng with "Revieng old threds" So what if nobody had any thing to say in this thred for a few months. I sall it my first time and had something to say!!!!!!!!!!! Because some one did not know what was the truth and I hope it becomes
"alive again"!
So you think you have the guts to take on the PE2K owner do ya! The "Never post on a topic older than 2 months" is his rule! RESPECT IT! I'm AM the Missingno master and can say that he is only legal in R/B, and ever time you see a poke with that name, its cause Nintendo used him to destroy Cheaters with there stupid hacking device ! He is not "BAD EGG", he is not "M" he is only in your game if you've messed up with a GS, AR, etc... I do now have a real name for M though, Baby kangaskhan/the thing on Slowbro's tail. Why? When Nintendo/GF was making the Pokemon games they made a test Pokemon and test character (M and Missingno) that they used to pretty much make the basic layout (grass, water, caves...) and after the mapping they made ppl, then Pokemon. Who knows how exactly it happened but a peace of the map was over looked and left open. Because of there over thinking at how many Pokemon they wonted, a number of Pokemon were never made and there were empty PokeDex slots. Those empty PokeDex slots, the broken map, and the game makers leaving the Beta test characters in is how Missingno and M in. Why do I say that one of them is a Baby Kangaskhan/slowbro's tail thing? Look at them... They are the only parts that don't really add up. Its said that a "Shellder" attaches to slowpoke's tail and makes it so he can stand up (evolving it) but why does Shellder not look like a Cloyster if it supposedly evolves at the same time? And in the game why does Slowpoke jest evolve (LV37) and not "evolves when holding Shellder" or something like that? And why does it look different on Slowking's head? But what about BK? I mean there a different color than there parents, and not as detailed for those who've seen Pikachu's winter vacation? Of corse I have found that Missingno is the Test person character for the game cause if you catch him, he has a person as his icon (jest don't let him or M get into your computer box!). I'm still not done with Missingno after finding the difference between him and M and BAD EGG and every other glitch out there like Missingno's supposed home "Glitch City" mostly encountered with WTW code, but can be found through a lengthy and permanent process. Any way, for the most Glitch info go here: http://www.dazzled.com/trsrockin/tales.html, Some is true, some not, but for now its the best place (and I like the funny pics at the bottom of the page, the TV one ).
Old 10-20-2004, 05:01 PM
gold Offline
Banned

Quote:

If you're talking about yellow version you're in the wrong place.
Also, DON'T REVIVE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Dark Deoxys 14 Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Dark Deoxys 14
Thumbs up Re: Can you get Missingno??

i used a action replay code to catch trainers pokemon and i ended up fighting a picture of a (?) and it happened to be called ? i caught it and its cry is the same as bulbasar. i was wandering if it screws ma game up

Dark Deoxys 14.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:00 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno mystery
So you think you have the guts to take on the PE2K owner do ya! The "Never post on a topic older than 2 months" is his rule! RESPECT IT! I'm AM the Missingno master and can say that he is only legal in R/B, and ever time you see a poke with that name, its cause Nintendo used him to destroy Cheaters with there stupid hacking device ! He is not "BAD EGG", he is not "M" he is only in your game if you've messed up with a GS, AR, etc... I do now have a real name for M though, Baby kangaskhan/the thing on Slowbro's tail. Why? When Nintendo/GF was making the Pokemon games they made a test Pokemon and test character (M and Missingno) that they used to pretty much make the basic layout (grass, water, caves...) and after the mapping they made ppl, then Pokemon. Who knows how exactly it happened but a peace of the map was over looked and left open. Because of there over thinking at how many Pokemon they wonted, a number of Pokemon were never made and there were empty PokeDex slots. Those empty PokeDex slots, the broken map, and the game makers leaving the Beta test characters in is how Missingno and M in. Why do I say that one of them is a Baby Kangaskhan/slowbro's tail thing? Look at them... They are the only parts that don't really add up. Its said that a "Shellder" attaches to slowpoke's tail and makes it so he can stand up (evolving it) but why does Shellder not look like a Cloyster if it supposedly evolves at the same time? And in the game why does Slowpoke jest evolve (LV37) and not "evolves when holding Shellder" or something like that? And why does it look different on Slowking's head? But what about BK? I mean there a different color than there parents, and not as detailed for those who've seen Pikachu's winter vacation? Of corse I have found that Missingno is the Test person character for the game cause if you catch him, he has a person as his icon (jest don't let him or M get into your computer box!). I'm still not done with Missingno after finding the difference between him and M and BAD EGG and every other glitch out there like Missingno's supposed home "Glitch City" mostly encountered with WTW code, but can be found through a lengthy and permanent process. Any way, for the most Glitch info go here: http://www.dazzled.com/trsrockin/tales.html, Some is true, some not, but for now its the best place (and I like the funny pics at the bottom of the page, the TV one ).
PE2K Owner What are you talking about, you're not the admin. Oh yeah, there is no such rule as "Do not revive threads more than 2 months old". If you're so resourceful, so find a thread that says so for me Don't expect all the newbies to know that we do not allow them revive old threads when there isn't even a rule thread. And oh yeah, learn paragraphing, it'll help out. A lot.

Oh yeah, if I'm not wrong, you don't get Missingno. You get the question mark in a circle thingey. Wonder how it'd feel like to meet something like this IRL. *think*
Old 10-31-2004, 03:45 AM
The Angel of Retribution Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to The Angel of Retribution Send a message via MSN to The Angel of Retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno mystery
03-25-04
Yesterday (10-18-04).... DON'T AND NEVER Revive old threads! EVER!!! Especially ones this old !
DON'T AND NEVER make another post just to tell someone else not to revive a thread.

And btw, why the hell do you all still talk about missingno? Friggin Nintendo even said that Missingno was erased, and that he was a shell. Its done.

All Mix-Match tournament participants stay updated and active in the tournament!

Ninjask used Silver Wind!
The Substitute took damage for Raikou!
Raikou's Substitute faded!
Ninjask's Attack rose!
Ninjask's Defense rose!
Ninjask's Speed rose!
Ninjask's Special Attack rose!
Ninjask's Special Defense rose!
---------------------------------
Raikou used Thunderbolt!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:49 PM
JoelII Offline
New Trainer

how would you get the bad egg?
Old 11-04-2004, 01:29 AM
The Angel of Retribution Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to The Angel of Retribution Send a message via MSN to The Angel of Retribution

All Mix-Match tournament participants stay updated and active in the tournament!

Ninjask used Silver Wind!
The Substitute took damage for Raikou!
Raikou's Substitute faded!
Ninjask's Attack rose!
Ninjask's Defense rose!
Ninjask's Speed rose!
Ninjask's Special Attack rose!
Ninjask's Special Defense rose!
---------------------------------
Raikou used Thunderbolt!
Old 11-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angel of Retribution
LOL! Thats a little too funny. And true.

I think this should be locked, seriously. It's getting to the point of me getting ready to call Nate.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon232 View Post
Hi i dont have these games but i do know that missingno IS NOT FAKE! Yes it will mess up your game i leaned alot about missingno from www.trsrockin.com it has about 15-20 forms and, one safe one that only does hall of fame messups not garenteed to be safe is the ghost one idk whitch game its in but i know its there in one of them and when you first go to the website you will see a bar with like 5 forms of missingno hope this helps!
Good adbot is good.
Closed Thread