Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf
Default Re: Your Take on Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
That is quite silly. Science contradicts at least half of the Bibles preachings. eg. Evolution. The cold, hard facts that when you die, there is pretty much nothing. Because, if there was something, we'd have evidence right? Don't start the ghosts topic. It's kinda pointless.

What about the other religions? Don't worry, you won't get flamed ^_^ *brandishes spoons* Spoons are my weapons of mass destruction, to both food and humans. ^_^
As pointed out by Kenny, I may not have a full understanding or be good at explaining evolution, but one thing I can do right is talk about religion. You are utterly wrong.

Very little science actually disproves the Bible, as you say. Evolution in question, does not, when you consider the possibility of a being who is above time. The same goes for the Big Bang.

Further more, we have no evidence of an after life, but we have no evidence to say there isn't one. It isn't something we can just go out and test. We can't half kill a person and expect an answer when we revive them. There is no way that we can currently test the existance of an after life, God(s), or even a soul. To say that we know there's nothing after is ignorant and arrogant, because we have no idea.

As for ghosts, it's not a valid argument here, but trying to understand certain phenomnia in my opinion, is. Because fact is, science can explain away many sightings, pictures, etc, but not everything. There are many theories on what "ghosts" could be, and not all of them are "they're the dead."

I'm an atheist, through and through, but I realize I am only human, so I make mistakes. I admit I could be wrong, there could be an afterlife, there could be a god, but I highly doubt it.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

I am honestly astounded a flamer hasn't found its way here yet, *touches wood* :p

It's interesting, SkiboyDoggy said that Muslims were converted Jews, but, how come their belief seems so... Different?

I spelt Quran, Koran, because I think the latter is the English spelling for it or something? Ah well. As long as we're all on the same wave-length.

Hanukkah is Jewish right?

The Brood is growing!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:49 PM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP4L View Post
i just dont get how christains believes that earth is 6000 years old
Now I just hate when people say that without actually studying the Bible and the different theories.

Well first of all Im a Protestant Christian.
And I believe that the earth maybe be longer than 6,000 years. At least 10,000. But personally I believe its around 15,000.
I could explain why I think this too.
Okay so God used 6 days to create everything and then the 7th day to rest. Well in the book of John it says that a year is like a thousand years with God and vice versa. So that means the 6 days couldve been 6,000. The 7th day couldve been another 1,000.
Then Adam and Eve lived for about 900 something years. Which is also another thousand.
So nows there 8,000 thousand. Now add the 6,000 years which is in the Jews calender and that makes like 14,000 years. And I'd round that to 15,000 cause of the time between Adam/Eve and Noah.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.

Last edited by spartan117; 02-29-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
And I believe that the earth maybe be longer than 6,000 years. At least 10,000. But personally I believe its around 15,000.
I'm afraid you'd be wrong. Radiometric dating has already established a far older age than that, which is consistent with other geologic measures.

Plus, Egypt has been inhabited since at least 8000 BC, while work by Stan Hendrickx and Peter Vermeersch, as I recall, has uncovered the possible inhabitance of Egypt at least as far back as 250,000 BP.

So I'm afraid the your dating to 15000 BC doesn't stand up to archaeology, geology and any other relevant field of science, for that matter.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Trainer of Shadows Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Trainer of Shadows

My opinion on religion?

Well, I believe that you are entitled to believe whatever you want, as long as what you believe in doesn't harm another human being.

I was born Catholic, but thinking about converting, because I don't believe in the bible's views regarding Homosexuals. They are very anti-homosexual, which I don't believe makes sense, if a lot of them say that "God created us equally".

Whatever your religion is, I'm fine with it. As long as you don't try to harm (physically or mentally) another person, it's all good.

=D

TSA lives on.

WifiFX - KageryuEX - fullmetal - zukirin - Jesus of Magikarps - Brettmeeink - Donal - ParadoxiticO - Rinol - Sinnoboy1
HOLY CRAP I FORGOT figmented imagination!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:24 PM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
I'm afraid you'd be wrong. Radiometric dating has already established a far older age than that, which is consistent with other geologic measures.

Plus, Egypt has been inhabited since at least 8000 BC, while work by Stan Hendrickx and Peter Vermeersch, as I recall, has uncovered the possible inhabitance of Egypt at least as far back as 250,000 BP.

So I'm afraid the your dating to 15000 BC doesn't stand up to archaeology, geology and any other relevant field of science, for that matter.
Well thats just what I believe at the moment. You may be right but the earth is definatley not millions and billions years old.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

Old 02-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

Quote:
Well thats just what I believe at the moment. You may be right but the earth is definatley not millions and billions years old.
If she's right, which she is, then it is several billion years old. =P GG.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:37 PM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
If she's right, which she is, then it is several billion years old. =P GG.
Idc what you say but I wont believe that the earth is that old. But then again....

I wanna know why science tries so hard to prove the Bible wrong?
My URPG Stats
MyBio

Old 02-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Idc what you say but I wont believe that the earth is that old. But then again....

Scientists don't. Scientists just want to know everything about everything. The meaning of life, how the universe was made, ect.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
*UBERSIGH*

Scientists don't. Gawd. Religion is beliefs, science is facts/theories. Science has nothing against religion whatsoever, they really don't care about attacking religion.

Well... Personally, I'm not religious. You can believe what you want, I don't mind. Just don't force it onto somebody else and it's fine. =/
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 03-01-2008, 12:45 AM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I am agnostic. People say the belief of God takes faith, and the believing in God means you have faith, and it's only really a matter of faith. But I don't understand that. If one person was to follow a faith and the other person didn't, does that mean God exists and God doesn't exist? Is this a solid opinion? I lean on both sides in this argument.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Dude7 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Dude7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
I am honestly astounded a flamer hasn't found its way here yet, *touches wood* :p

It's interesting, SkiboyDoggy said that Muslims were converted Jews, but, how come their belief seems so... Different?
Exactly .. There Is A Huge Difference Between Muslims And Jewish
You Can Probably Say That Muslims Hate Jewish ( You Know For Invading Palestine )

I spelt Quran, Koran, because I think the latter is the English spelling for it or something? Ah well. As long as we're all on the same wave-length.
It's Okey .. I Only Corrected You Because I'm Arrogant

Hanukkah is Jewish right?
I Don't Know About Hanukkah ...
Old 03-01-2008, 05:38 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude7 View Post
I Don't Know About Hanukkah ...
Yea thats Jewish.

I think both ways are correct in spelling Koran or Quran. Personally Ive seen Koran used more...
My URPG Stats
MyBio

Old 03-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

How many B[insert letter] are there?! I know; BC, BE and now BP.

What do they all stand for?! I think BC is Before-Christ right?

The Brood is growing!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Dude7 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Dude7

Quote:
Yea thats Jewish.

I think both ways are correct in spelling Koran or Quran. Personally Ive seen Koran used more...
Quran Is More Used In Arabic Countries So .....