Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 02-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Project Moe-ology

Rare, Red
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Rare, Green
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Rare, Artifact/Multicolour

Misa, 2BR
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player sacrifices a creature.
T: Destroy target creature. It can’t be regenerated. Misa deals 5 damage to you.
0/2

L, 1UB
Whenever an opponent plays a spell, remove the top card of that player’s library.
Other players cannot play nonland spells with the same name as a card removed by L.
2/3

Light Yagami, 1WB
Whenever Light Yagami blocks or is blocked, destroy that creature.
"Even so, I’ll never tell lies that will hurt people that I love"
3/3

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 02-17-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Ok, card selections are complete, This thread is open for discussion.

What we need to do:
Figure out a theme
Mechanics we should use
What anime should we use?
Old 02-17-2008, 05:07 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

few suggestions then:

Don't tell me AIGIS isn't moe, she is :3

I have no idea from what game is this, I think its H o_O but the chars are just cute

even SZS has its moe moments... I guess XD

don't ask... while browsing for OS-tan pics, I stumbled upon some... you know >_<

- yeah... the chant ski gave could be the flavor text XD

Last edited by Jet; 02-21-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:26 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Anyway, I guess the anime we use doesn't really matter. It's good to note that the cards will be transcribed to this set, meaning that I'll also need the anime it comes from (e.g. AEGIS, put Persona 3 in the artist box). We still don't have a theme, and we have one mechanic (likeness) so far. This is important to the set's identity, so we'll need to get our heads together for this.

As for moeness of the set, I'm pretty lax with it all. As you can see, Death Note kinda lacks the moe, but it's being used in the set. I guess I'd try to keep that to a minimum, and deal with things as we have a backlog of cards to work from.

A major goal of this set is to push white. White needs love. :3

R&D time:

AEGIS:
To begin: Legendary Artifact Creature - Construct
Her ability is kinda weird, and I don't know enough about AEGIS to have an objective judging of her flavour. I trust your judgment here, then.

Assassins:
I can smell Ichorid from here. :3 Anyway, that thing's efficient as heck and comes back for more. Absolute monster in limited, and a powerful contructed card. I'm not sure if I want another super-chase-rare-black in the set (right now Eyes has that spot), though this can be possible in a large set.

Caressing:
Junk white common. Gotcha. :3

Dramatic Pause:
Quite a powerhouse, I'd think. Any card that lets you draw 7 cards should warrant extensive play and what not. This one is no exception. Might be borderlined broken.

Trance:
I can't measure this card's power level for some reason. In all, it gives everything you control shroud until the end of their turn, though. A much more simple wording would be "Until the end of your opponent's turn, you and all permanents you control gain shroud". Unfortunately, that would be an uncommon ability.

Power:
Weird, not green.

Shadow:
From hand? Dude, that's not even trying. At least do it from the grave. :3 this seems like it's a filler-able card. That is, it can be chucked in last minute or something as a special reanimator card.

Innocent:
1: it's not a permanent, so it can't have shroud
2: We've got too many destroy abilities.
3: Yeah it's going to be cut when compared to something as awesome as "Destroy target creature".
4: pic could be used for that card. DO WANT

Reboot:
Cut from set. It's multicoloured, which I think as beginners (you and I) should have a little as possible of, outside of flavour problems. Shadow is a more fun reanimator card than this, as well. The art looks black enough for us to do something with it, I hope.

Wavemaster:
It may not be used, but this guy's an absolute house in limited, and would simply sit there and rape for you. At best it's a 0/2 or 0/3 to put it to burn range. Secondly, defender is unnecessary anyway. The ability itself is quite powerful, and looks to be costed ok. Filler-able.

Moe Works:
Enchantment? This will be reworked to a better spell, yes.

Endurance:
Instant! And excellent work on the flavour. This caught a small part of red that kinda is like white. Great job. filler-able.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...enShackles.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...templation.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2..._C002/Ryuk.jpg <-- probably will be cut
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...asReprieve.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ifiedWorld.jpg

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 02-17-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

theme?

uh... moeness?

hmmm... additional costs to play some cards... or can we put a keyword to that? or maybe targetting?

@ski:

still need improvement in wording issues in accordance to magic...

Nanoha: "~ gets +1/+1 if you control a "Fate T.H."" <Magic Set Editor considers "~" as the name of the card; so copy paste this it'll automatically be the same as the card name.> also the abilities should be in alphabetical order; flying, trample. Power wise I think the cost she be upped.

Fate T.H.: "~ gets +1/+1 if you control a "Takamichi Nanoha". TOO overpowered because of Double Strike; to balance it out you need to make her like cost 7+ or something. or maybe just change her to First Strike

Divine Buster: "~ deals 5 damage to target creature". dealing damage isn't "white-like"... but I dunno with Kenny if we'll follow the color wheel here.

Phalanx Shift:"~ deals 3 damage to each of your opponent's creatures." Should be an uncommon... I think... overall its the most balanced card yet.

Riot: "Enchanted creature gets +3/-1 and gains trample and vigilance". Seems alright... I think... though definitely not rare-worthy.

Facepalm: All of that text is the same as: "Tap target creature." Its Twiddle... and Twiddle costs only U... art is usable but definitely not for tapping others.

Sarcastic Comment: "Remove target creature from play. At end of turn, put it to play under its owner's control. ~ can't be countered." Why would that remove a creature from play? flavor doesn't mix well...

Sinner's Pain: since it's an Aura, you have to specify what it enchants; so you need to have an "Enchant creature" above that text. "When enchanted creature would destroy a creature, remove enchanted creature from play." I like it and I get the flavor and all, but this should be white; theme of justice/repentance.

No comment on Mudkips XD

Edit 2:

1) Edited previous cards <they've been changed, mostly... AEGIS is still a human for flavor reasons>

2) New cards already? XD

now a set:
Hypnotic Trance is a part of a Staring set: all costing 1XX; where X is the color; each one affects the opponent playing spells; blue is somewhat of an exception, but technically the same.

White:

Black:

Red:

Green:

I really can't think of anything else x_X

next set - one casting auras that return back to the hand when they leave play... rares of course.

White:

Green:

Black:

Red:

Blue:

Red and blue seems broken... but lemme know...

Last edited by Jet; 02-17-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:50 AM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Deleted my previous post. Makes organisation easier. =D

Nanoha! Did some rewording.

Fate! Changed to First strike, did some rewording.

Divine Buster is crazy, but it's Divine and Nanoha's spell, so it's White. (Hayate will be blue, as soon as I find a good picture.)

Just changed the rarity. =D

Whoo! Now to get a Blaster Mode picture so I can make one for Nanoha too.

It's Black, because Chrno is a demon. I might make this part of a set, but meh. Later.

I guess a Facepalm would have a weakening effect or something...

I think the Flavor explains things better now. DISTRACTION!

And Mudkip.

And while we're at the wtf cards, Pikathulhu.

It's Louise! Run before she unleashes collateral damage on your whole team!

Lol, Kanon. I had a good GAO! picture too, but the resolution was a little bad.

Yuki breaks games if you can get her out. Nice, ainnit?

IT'S A SONG!

Rei is moe. She is.

Asuka less so, but she still is.

Yeah, same as always. Feel free to jump on me and kill me for making stupid cards and stuff.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Moe theme with some deviations? Alright sure.

Keywords-wise:
Doesn't matter. Right now there's at least a minor theme of liking your own colour, and hating others. See holistic decree and Falsified World for examples. I've keyworded likeness, but did not keyword the hate one. Likeness is stuck to white and green. Hate can go to any colour.

Additional costing shouldn't be a major theme. We can use it as a minor theme, though. That's fine.

Targeting definitely has nothing to do with anything as a theme.

I'll fix your cards at my end. I'll need you guys to send me your mse data via rapidshare along with the images. The images are more important than the mse data, since I can type those out.

Secondly, I think our log of rares is filling up a bit fast. We might want to watch out a bit, since we only have about 30-50 slots for them.

Oh, and divine buster's broken. It should red "~ deals 5 damage to target nonwhite creature" to keep within flavour range and the destructive power you want, ski. It can then down itself to uncommon that way. There'll be other comments later.

Jet: the 3-mana cycle doesn't work. :-/
The 1-mana cycle is quite imbalanced. XD
I can't see AEGIS anymore. D:

*****the set needs more creatures @ common and uncommon levels.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 02-17-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:43 AM
skiboydoggy Offline

I guess we should do a Kamigawa and make the less powerful characters into Uncommon Legends then.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Not a good idea. Kamigawa was a terrible flop because of the inherent problem that legends are only cool in relatively small numbers. This is also why we're going to have few planeswalkers as well. We can have less major characters nonlegendary to alleviate that problem, citing that since they're less powerful, it's easier to summon their avatar, or some bee's wax like that. XD
Old 02-19-2008, 04:35 AM
skiboydoggy Offline

Hmm... I'm thinking of making Nanoha a Blue, Red, White tri-coloured set and a Black/Artifact Equipment Higurashi set.
As for nonLegendary names characters... I'll think about it.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Jet Offline

enchantments won't work? =/

y not the 3 color cycle? =/

Aegis is still there D: I still say she should be human instead of construct.

theme...

how about focusing on converted mana costs?

of is it official - mono-color dependent again? =/ boo

other keywords:

Allure = Creatures that battle with this card are tapped at end of combat phase and do not untap during their controller's next untap step.

Color themed:

Pure - X = Spells that aren't the same color as the card require an additional X cost in order for that card to be the target of that spell or ability.

Prismatic = This card is every color (including colorless).

Empower - X = Whenever a permanent with Empower - X; where X could be either a color or if a certain card/spell/ability is played, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature with empower, charge counter otherwise.

Lucid - X = That card gains X ability if all non-land permanents you control are the same color as the card with Lucid.

*will edit later for other insipirations

Last edited by Jet; 02-19-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

1-mana enchantment cycle: they're simply too difficult to balance, and I don't think we have enough space to devote 1/6 or 1/10 of the rares to them. To date, 3 of the 5 are too good, and the other 2 are too crappy. The white one is one that you didn't have concern of, but is also ridiculously powerful.

The 3-mana cycle simply sucked. Nobody would want to play with the white one (gain 2 life for 3 mana?). The red one deals what 1 damage? The blue one might have some uses due to its protective ability. The green one was wtf meh crap. The black one was terribly unbalanced on the good side, and difficult to cost. The cycle (minus the black one) can be used as filler though, as all sets need crappy cards. :)

For some reason a number of the cards aren't loading for me. AEGIS is one of them. The others are from ski. :-/

Converted mana costs? That could work, considering that I'm pretty much shaping white to play that way. Yeah, I'm trying to engineer a good aggro-control style for white. :3

No, it's not official-mono-coloured set, but it just happened that I thought of a white/green mechanic that makes it feel like it. On the other hand, I'm not really digging the hoser idea.

Allure: it's not new. :-/
The rest of the mechanics: maybe, if we decide to focus on a mono-coloured set. I'm actually thinking that we should lean on converted mana cost this time, but a mechanically flavoured set is kinda...meh. I sort of prefer a theme flavour, like something along the lines of Time Spiral.

My own set based on something else is going to be the first set of this series (maybe), and its theme is desperation. So the set I would feel would be cutting corners by dropping mana costs, gating, alternative costs, flashback, etc., with mechanic "Mirage", which is almost like evoke (they stole it from me. XD). It might be good to start with a more broader theme like simply "desperation" so it would be easier to fit random cards by random people into the set.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Jet Offline

converted mana cost then...

1) Synchronize - X = X is an ability. A permanent (mostly creatures) has synchronize if the converted mana cost of all non-land permanents you control are equal or less than that the card with Synchronize.

yes cheezy name, and completely unoriginal with the new Synch monsters from YGO, but wth I can't think of any other name.

2) This would be new: a Keyword that ISN'T beneficial:

Repress - At anytime, if the creature with Repress is the creature with the lowest conerted mana cost among all non-land permanents, tap that creature. As long as its the creature with the lowest converted mana cost, it will not untap (even with another card effect, and it can't use any of its activated abilities. If it shares a converted mana cost with another, it's unaffected.

So I have a feeling such a card will exist:

Cardname
Creature - X

Repress

2/2

yeah... should be a rare or maybe uncommon I think..