Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:58 PM
chewie_567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to chewie_567
Default starter triangle

You know how the fire/grass/water triangle is kinda like rock, paper, scissors, shoe?
I'm making a region and I want a new starter triangle: grass, rock, and ice. Would it work?
Thanks!
A police officer was on patrol when he saw a car going 20 mph. "Well, going slower than the speed limit is as bad as speeding," he thought to himself. The officer got in his car and saw the people in the car. They were all girls, and they were all pale, like ghosts. The officer pulled them over and asked them why they were going so slow. The lady driving said, "The speed limit says 20." "No, that's the route number." The girl apologized as the officer saw the other girls in the car. "Are they okay? They seem a little pale." "Oh, that," said the lady, "We just got off of Route 212."
Old 02-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Oxygen Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Oxygen Send a message via MSN to Oxygen
Default Re: starter triangle

I'd try Rock Flying Fighting.

...Once known as Politoed...
Shoddy: Oxygenocide (Mod)

Looking for someone with experience with Forums - PM me, or send me a message in AIM.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:02 PM
ShoyruX Offline
Experienced Trainer

For a starter triangle, the following needs to be:
One has to be supereffective to the other, but needs a resistance too. Ice doesn't have a resistance to grass. Rock doesn't have a resistance ice, grass doesn't have a resistance to rock.

Creds to blackness777 and dogs rool cats drool.

Start:12
Hatch:27
Marshtomp:60
Swampert:120
Level 100:312-50=262

Friend code: 485449430305
Username: Saxo
Old 02-12-2008, 06:17 PM
chewie_567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Thanks!
Are there any starter triangles that would have an ice type, then?
A police officer was on patrol when he saw a car going 20 mph. "Well, going slower than the speed limit is as bad as speeding," he thought to himself. The officer got in his car and saw the people in the car. They were all girls, and they were all pale, like ghosts. The officer pulled them over and asked them why they were going so slow. The lady driving said, "The speed limit says 20." "No, that's the route number." The girl apologized as the officer saw the other girls in the car. "Are they okay? They seem a little pale." "Oh, that," said the lady, "We just got off of Route 212."
Old 02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
ShoyruX Offline
Experienced Trainer

Nope. The only starter triangle that can work is fire/water/grass. Dark/Fighting/Psychic doesn't work due to dark being immune to psychic.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:23 PM
chewie_567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Doesn't rock/flying/fighting work?
Old 02-12-2008, 06:26 PM
ShoyruX Offline
Experienced Trainer

Actually, it works.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:34 PM
chewie_567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Could there be a fire/rock/steel or a grass/ground/poison?
Anyway, for my region I just had a great idea! I could make dual types! Or I could make a pointless one like bug/rock/electric...
Yeah, I know I'm an idiot.

Last edited by chewie_567; 02-12-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Dark Salamence Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dark Salamence Send a message via MSN to Dark Salamence

I actually remember thinking of a Water/Electric/Rock triangle. But that doesn't really work because rock isn't super effective against electric. Maybe Water/Electric/Ground?

~DS

TwitterTumblrDeviantart