Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117
Default Re: Legal Pregnacy Age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbok conquerer View Post
Pregancy is a different case, though. Wet dreams and puberty are a pasrt of growing up and only affect one person. Pregancy is affecting a multitude of people: The girl, the guy, their families and the baby itself. I myself would rather have a mother who has had good experiences in life and knows what she is thinking than a mother who got pregant with me at 14-16 due to her not truly realizing what the word love is, or just being drunk. Also with having a young mother, in my opinion, you lose respect that they could not think of your future more. That being said I think the legal punishment should be if they want to have a baby so bad, than the young couple would just need to live on their own and see how taking care of the baby feels with their jobs. Personally, I think the legal age should be 18 because at that point, the couple would least have completed high school and able to make rational decisions for therselves.
I agree with you on this one.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Cherry Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Cherry

There is no legel age to be pregnent. Of coarse I'm not pregnant. That seems to little age though. No one should get pregnant at my age.

I'm 13 and have never been on a date, the closest I've ever gotten to a date was when I got pokemon cards and a necklace from a guy..But thats besides the point..

I'de say the right time to uh..get pregnant is 18-38.

Lati-Chan? Are you really pregnant?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Pooka Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pooka Send a message via MSN to Pooka

Well if you're going to have a legal age for pregnancy then it should logically be the same as the age for consent, things would just get far too complicated otherwise.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:19 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post

All of these laws concerning sexual activity, pregnancy, abortion...Isn't America the land of the free? B...S...

So, according to you, murder should be legal.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:03 AM
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
There is no legel age to be pregnent. Of coarse I'm not pregnant. That seems to little age though. No one should get pregnant at my age.

I'm 13 and have never been on a date, the closest I've ever gotten to a date was when I got pokemon cards and a necklace from a guy..But thats besides the point..

I'de say the right time to uh..get pregnant is 18-38.

Lati-Chan? Are you really pregnant?
I have to agree, 18 be the age. Which it already is in the U.S. so.

Anyways, I think 16 is too young.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:09 AM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Haha did he call it adultery?

People should be allowed to get pregnant any age (as they are), why should they be stopped? I know people who have had children at the age of 13 and they are very good parents.

OrexxerO: If both partners are below the age of 18 then it is still legal.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:43 AM
Arbok conquerer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Haha did he call it adultery?

People should be allowed to get pregnant any age (as they are), why should they be stopped? I know people who have had children at the age of 13 and they are very good parents.

OrexxerO: If both partners are below the age of 18 then it is still legal.
I suppose that case is true, but that is still the exception to the rule. I think it should be stopped because it will make more teenagers think it's ok to have babies with someone as long as they have love for them. That will eventually be an uprising of homeless teenager couples who can't take care of their babies and can't find a place to live on their own. Finally they will start thinking it is good to have sex at a young age and start doing it way to much which will eventually lead to STD's and such. It can also be argued that this will increase the likelihood of teenagers geting pregant just because it is illegal and they want to rebel. But rape, murder, robbery, and extortion are illegal but people do that because they have psychological problems, NOT because they are pressured to rebel the law.
Thanks a bunch KDH. Now Team Rocket members all over can bow down to Giovanni's strength and magnifance. HAHAHAHHA. Also thanks to fefe31619 for the banner. Now resistance to Team Rocket is futile. Thanks to shiny loser for the avatar. In two days you will get a package with the uniform. Bow to Givonaii. MHAHAHAH

Old 01-25-2008, 04:31 AM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
Isn't America the land of the free? B...S...
I Laughed at that.
Well i see we have some Free spirited people hyere,along with some great point's,Thanks for Posting!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:23 PM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbok conquerer View Post
Pregancy is a different case, though. Wet dreams and puberty are a part of growing up and only affect one person. Pregancy is affecting a multitude of people: The girl, the guy, their families and the baby itself. I myself would rather have a mother who has had good experiences in life and knows what she is thinking than a mother who got pregant with me at 14-16 due to her not truly realizing what the word love is, or just being drunk. Also with having a young mother, in my opinion, you lose respect that they could not think of your future more. That being said I think the legal punishment should be if they want to have a baby so bad, than the young couple would just need to live on their own and see how taking care of the baby feels with their jobs.
All valid points.
Nothing you said changes the fact that you cannot legally punish(or enforce a law)for pregnancy. My point with puberty and wet dreams was simply that they occur when the individual's body decides- not because the law says it's ok now. Hense, if a young lady becomes pregnant, irresponsibly or not, who is anybody to condemn her? Geez, condemn the boy- he did it to her().

Accidents do happen and teen pregnancies are not always the result of poor decisions, or alcohol as you so cynically pointed.

Quote:
Personally, I think the legal age should be 18 because at that point, the couple would least have completed high school and able to make rational decisions for therselves.
Age has nothing to do with when you finish High School.
I know cats who didn't finish until they were 20, and some who were out and in University at 17. Think about it.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
So, according to you, murder should be legal.

This isn't the abortion thread, I've already discussed my thoughts on abortion and a woman's control of her own body with you. Piss off.

And I do think that getting pregnant at a young age is a bit stupid and illogical. You can't support a baby that young, unless your parents help. But think like this: what if something happened to your parent? Yeah, then you're screwed. Besides, when you're still in school you can't support a baby. Now, if you're happy with letting someone else raise your kid or going through life as a high-school dropout, that's your decision. I just think it's extremely foolish to go and get pregnant before you have a secure job and are out of school (including college)
Old 01-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

I think, you shouldn't be able to 'engage' in intercourse until you're at least 16... But no-one can stop people going nuts at nightclubs and all...

I don't know the legal age of pregnancy for Australia, wasn't aware there was one in any country really.

How are some animals and insects born pregnant? It must be a little bit complex ?

The Brood is growing!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Arbok conquerer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by !CeMAn View Post
All valid points.
Nothing you said changes the fact that you cannot legally punish(or enforce a law)for pregnancy. My point with puberty and wet dreams was simply that they occur when the individual's body decides- not because the law says it's ok now. Hense, if a young lady becomes pregnant, irresponsibly or not, who is anybody to condemn her? Geez, condemn the boy- he did it to her().

Accidents do happen and teen pregnancies are not always the result of poor decisions, or alcohol as you so cynically pointed.

Age has nothing to do with when you finish High School.
I know cats who didn't finish until they were 20, and some who were out and in University at 17. Think about it.

Your last point is true, ignorant on my part. And I am also pretty sure that the boy will probably be more condemmed than the girl, especially from her father.You're right. I can be a bit cynical on my part.
Thanks a bunch KDH. Now Team Rocket members all over can bow down to Giovanni's strength and magnifance. HAHAHAHHA. Also thanks to fefe31619 for the banner. Now resistance to Team Rocket is futile. Thanks to shiny loser for the avatar. In two days you will get a package with the uniform. Bow to Givonaii. MHAHAHAH

Old 01-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman

personally id say 18 cause you get to do a lot of things when u turn 18 so why not add one more

Old 01-27-2008, 05:22 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

You can't stop people from doing their... Actions, so, you can't put a law on a legal pregnancy age really. It's all pretty much up to chance.

But really, if you need to have sex to connsumate your love/prove it, then it's not love at all is it? It's just a physical relationship based on sex.

The Brood is growing!
Old 01-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lati-Chan View Post
I'm 16, I'm pregnant. <:|

So? Every girl has the right to do what they want. :|

Besides, if any of you have heard of "Carlos Tevez"? Well, his mother got pregnant when she was 14, she was a single mother and had no boyfriend even. :/
Carlitos, the Argentine Man U soccer star! Never knew that his mother was pregnant when she was 14.

Well I'm kind of divided on the subject, but I think there shouldn't be a legal age. In some cases when something is made illegal it has some nasty consequences. Like in the 1920s with Prohibition; alcohol and sex are different but I think when I look at it, if it's made illegal then teenagers are gonna want to do it. It's kind of like reverse psychology. I just believe in the end, they should leave it the way it is and instead of using money to invest in making "underage sex" illegal, they should invest in more teenage sex education, so teenagers think before they act.

Also, in the Middle Ages or during Shakespeare's time or in the past, women were married when they were around 13-15 and had lots of kids (due to high mortality rates). So teenagers getting pregnant is nothing new, it's just frowned upon in modern society.
Go to the Anime section