Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Maleficent Offline

Send a message via AIM to Maleficent Send a message via MSN to Maleficent Send a message via Skype™ to Maleficent
Default Legal Pregnacy Age?

Well,I heard that Jamie Lynn Spear's got pregnant a few week's ago (that's also the same time i heard it) at 16! i reckon they should raise the age to 17 at least, so this sort of adultery dosent happen.
Discuss.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:23 AM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy
Default Re: Legal Pregnacy Age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra-Nator View Post
Well,I heard that Jamie Lynn Spear's got pregnant a few week's ago (that's also the same time i heard it) at 16! i reckon they should raise the age to 17 at least, so this sort of adultery dosent happen.
Discuss.
16 is fine, ignore Jamie Lynn, she's just the sister of Britney Spears. Besides, moving it a year really won't stop anyone.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:25 AM
Bulletangel Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Discuss.
I don't think there is a legal age to be pregnant... I know theres a legal age for intercourse, and i know the two go hand in hand, but im pretty sure they cant go to a 14 year old girl who is pregnant (although rare) and demand she have an abortion.

Dunno really. Yeah, its wrong. But it's up to the family weather they keep the child.

...under construction...
-Paired with Hazmat Forever-

Old 01-24-2008, 04:54 PM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

LoL @ "Legal age for pregnancy."

You can't put a law on something like that. It would be like declaring a legal age for puberty for crap sakes. What is a court going to do? Lock up a pregnant teenager for 5 - 10 just because something natural occured- whether at a young age or not? If a girl gets knocked up at 14 it's because nature determined her ready to breed. It's a good thing we're not fruit flies, dude. I hear those thing can get pregnant after like 5 minutes from birth!

All our society can do is attempt to enforce a law on a legal age for kids to be humping.

What's next?
Legal age for a boy to have a wet dream??

(BtW, i think you used the word adultery incorrectly)
Old 01-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Bulletangel Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by !CeMAn View Post

You can't put a law on something like that. It would be like declaring a legal age for puberty for crap sakes. What is a court going to do? Lock up a pregnant teenager for 5 - 10 just because something natural occured- whether at a young age or not? If a girl gets knocked up at 14 it's because nature determined her ready to breed. It's a good thing we're not fruit flies, dude. I hear those thing can get pregnant after like 5 minutes from birth!

All our society can do is attempt to enforce a law on a legal age for kids to be humping.

What's next?

Smart man here, knows what hes talking about :P

...under construction...
-Paired with Hazmat Forever-

Old 01-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
It's a good thing we're not fruit flies, dude. I hear those thing can get pregnant after like 5 minutes from birth!
Some Guinea Pigs are born pregnant.

Quote:
I lol'd at that.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

And what, per se, do you plan on doing with people who "are not the legal age" to get pregnant? Throw them in jail? Make them pay a fine? Community service? O_o

Those girls, though often their own fault, are basically ****** as it is.

And like !ceman said, you can't put a law on something like that. You have a ridiculous and cruel idea.

No, but wait, it gets worse as I re-read your post. Raise it? Are you trying to imply they already have one?! What screwed up country do you live in? O_o
Old 01-24-2008, 05:00 PM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
I LoL'd at that.

Seriously, not to offense the creator but this topic isn't exactly worth discussing unless it changes to something about a legal intercourse age.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
I LoL'd at that.
*Bows*
I try. (Not really, but meh, whatever floats my submarine)

Quote:
Seriously, not to offense the creator but this topic isn't exactly worth discussing unless it changes to something about a legal intercourse age.
Which, AFAIC, is impossible.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Lati-Chan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Lati-Chan

I'm 16, I'm pregnant. <:|

So? Every girl has the right to do what they want. :|

Besides, if any of you have heard of "Carlos Tevez"? Well, his mother got pregnant when she was 14, she was a single mother and had no boyfriend even. :/

URPG | VPP | Credit | Starry.Graphix

<3 Paired with FlameRyushin <3

Old 01-24-2008, 08:20 PM
shedinjask Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I see nothing wrong with a committed mother who provides a loving home for her children, even if she is 15 or so. If you are absolutely sure you want a baby and you can support it, go for it.

The problem is girls don't know if they're absolutely sure and most teenage pregnancies are accidents.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

No matter what you do with the legal age for pregnancy, people are still going to have sex at the same age. You can't stop that.

All of these laws concerning sexual activity, pregnancy, abortion...Isn't America the land of the free? B...S...
Old 01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Xtra Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Xtra Send a message via MSN to Xtra Send a message via Yahoo to Xtra Send a message via Skype™ to Xtra

-_______-

There is no "legal" pregnancy age. Woman are free to have children as soon as they get their period, and find that special guy.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Arbok conquerer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:

What's next?

Pregancy is a different case, though. Wet dreams and puberty are a part of growing up and only affect one person. Pregancy is affecting a multitude of people: The girl, the guy, their families and the baby itself. I myself would rather have a mother who has had good experiences in life and knows what she is thinking than a mother who got pregant with me at 14-16 due to her not truly realizing what the word love is, or just being drunk. Also with having a young mother, in my opinion, you lose respect that they could not think of your future more. That being said I think the legal punishment should be if they want to have a baby so bad, than the young couple would just need to live on their own and see how taking care of the baby feels with their jobs. Personally, I think the legal age should be 18 because at that point, the couple would least have completed high school and able to make rational decisions for therselves.

Smeruf, you don't have to offend a person's country to prove your point about something.
Thanks a bunch KDH. Now Team Rocket members all over can bow down to Giovanni's strength and magnifance. HAHAHAHHA. Also thanks to fefe31619 for the banner. Now resistance to Team Rocket is futile. Thanks to shiny loser for the avatar. In two days you will get a package with the uniform. Bow to Givonaii. MHAHAHAH

Last edited by Arbok conquerer; 01-24-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Arrow Re: Legal Pregnacy Age?

Quote:
Discuss.
There is not really a legal or illegal pregnacy age in Atlanta, Georgia here. People around here just like to sleep around alot, and they think that is cool to do. (but I'm not like that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

I lol'd at that.
Fleas, fruit flies, and neats were also born pregnant.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.

Last edited by Tory vs Meaty II; 01-25-2008 at 09:21 PM.