Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Zourganov Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 91
Default Re: Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbok conquerer View Post
So tell me, where oh where are the sources to back up these facts. Also, I have never heard of the word Negroids in my life, so you are probably making it up or my vocabulary is low. What really takes the cake in your post is the you can still be a racist and love all people too. That has got to be the most hypocritical, oxymoronic sttatement in my entire l life. A racist hates one group of people so hhow can they love all people.

1. In some cultural aspects, Racism is the belief of one's race over another's. It's the same way you can love your dog but also understand you're much smarter than it.
2. Negroid is a word, go research it. Although it is offensive, it wasn't meant to be.
3. There's more than one definition of Racism, I choose to look at it in the form that I choose, the belief of one Race's superiority over another. It's called scientific Racism.


I really disagree with you on a lot of points and think you're wrong about saying Malaysians are similar to Negroids in skin color and hair texture. I see a bigger difference between Negroids and Malaysians than Negroids and Caucasoids, you might laugh at it but I do.

Although I totally don't like what you said and think you're wrong on so many levels, I respect that fact that you're the only one who projected himself to be an intellectual on this thread.

Any one who says "I hate Racism, it's so stupid" obviously lacks the intellectual capacity to hold strong in a debate.

If you don't have knowledge, don't try to argue with some one who obviously studies this on further depths than you have.

BoD- Respect!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodofDragon View Post
While I disagree with using Scientific research to back one's own ethnocentric beliefs, there is genetic difference beyond skin color.

Consider, of all "races", the two that have the largest genetic difference are Africans and Melanesians. Two races that have dark skin and similar hair texture are more different from each other than each is from Europeans. Unlike beauty, race IS more than skin deep. Still, these differences are rather negligible. Breeds of animals have far greater genetic difference than human races, biologically our difference are insignificant. There's more difference between individuals of a race than between races.

Yet I would not say the close similarity we share is THE reason not to be racist.

I don't believe social constructs should be based on race, but I view denying racial differences as a means to support a multicultural anti-racist stance as a way race activists strawman themselves. No, we aren't the same. It can easily be proved we are different, so is that reason enough to reject?

I don't think so. I believe in accepting people even if they are different. I don't accept because we're similar, that's far too easy. I accept because we ARE different. We should be proud of our differences, and not view differences as inherently, objectively inferior.

Yes, even differences deeper than just skin color.

Also @ people questioning the quoted poster:

Negroid and even Caucasoid are terms used in Anthropology.

I'd read the Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_genetics
and subsequent "Race and..." articles for further information.

And don't even consider saying Wikipedia isn't a reliable source: yes, there are some pseudointellectual quacks that edit articles, but if the article includes multiple citations, odds are its as accurate as any webpage.

Last edited by Seawolf; 01-20-2008 at 02:39 AM. Reason: no double posting
  #17  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Caecity's Avatar
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,474
Send a message via AIM to Caecity
Default Re: Racism



I hardly like being called a ******, or Black. I mean use African American for goodness sake. Dunno I just think it's a horrid thing to call some out for their skin color, what's the point.
__________________

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.


  #18  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:38 AM
Zourganov Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 91
Default Re: Racism

The way I view it, because both Negroids and Caucasoids have single eyelids, big nose bones. small cheeks, big foreheads, a lot of body hair, tall statures and hair that's not straight(Although a lot of Caucasoids do have straight hair) they are much closer to each other than Malaysians and Negroids.

I'd also like to clarify, I don't consider Deep South Eastern Asians as purely Mongoloid because they have a lot of Australoid blood. Deep South Asians are Filipinos and other typically dark skinned Asians just as Indians and Middle Eastern are not pure Caucasoid. There's too much gene transfers.

I consider Northern races to be the most attractive ones on Earth because of pure ethnic clarity:

Northern Asians because of light skin color, chubby cheeks and small foreheads and noses
-Norther Chinese
-Japanese
-Koreans
-Siberians
-Chuklis
-Native Alaskans

Northern Europeans because of light hair color
-Germanic people
-Scandinavians
-Northern Slavic
-Anglo-Saxons
-Northeastern Spaniards
-Northern Italians
-Anything relatively close to those areas.


Also, anthropologists claim the Mongoloid skeletons are most sexually attractive to the deep human psyche.
  #19  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:40 AM
MustangGT's Avatar
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,512
Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT
Default Re: Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodofDragon View Post
While I disagree with using Scientific research to back one's own ethnocentric beliefs, there is genetic difference beyond skin color.

Consider, of all "races", the two that have the largest genetic difference are Africans and Melanesians. Two races that have dark skin and similar hair texture are more different from each other than each is from Europeans. Unlike beauty, race IS more than skin deep. Still, these differences are rather negligible. Breeds of animals have far greater genetic difference than human races, biologically our difference are insignificant. There's more difference between individuals of a race than between races.

Yet I would not say the close similarity we share is THE reason not to be racist.

I don't believe social constructs should be based on race, but I view denying racial differences as a means to support a multicultural anti-racist stance as a way race activists strawman themselves. No, we aren't the same. It can easily be proved we are different, so is that reason enough to reject?

I don't think so. I believe in accepting people even if they are different. I don't accept because we're similar, that's far too easy. I accept because we ARE different. We should be proud of our differences, and not view differences as inherently, objectively inferior.

Yes, even differences deeper than just skin color.

Also @ people questioning the quoted poster:

Negroid and even Caucasoid are terms used in Anthropology.

I'd read the Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_genetics
and subsequent "Race and..." articles for further information.

And don't even consider saying Wikipedia isn't a reliable source: yes, there are some pseudointellectual quacks that edit articles, but if the article includes multiple citations, odds are its as accurate as any webpage.
B-B-BoD. Wow. I'm stunned, but in a really good way. I didn't know you had that in you. And more, I agree with everything you just said.

Wow, that's the biggest surprise I've seen in a while.
__________________
|"MY Money Pit"|

  #20  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:41 AM
Zourganov Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 91
Default Re: Racism

Trust me, I'm not being degrading when I call a Black person a Negroid. It is an anthropological term, if you take away the *id* it will be culturally offensive.

Not all Black people living in America are African American, don't forget there's Australoid people, Black Pacific Islanders and South East Indians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleonx2 View Post


I hardly like being called a ******, or Black. I mean use African American for goodness sake. Dunno I just think it's a horrid thing to call some out for their skin color, what's the point.
  #21  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:46 AM
MustangGT's Avatar
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,512
Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT
Default Re: Racism

Most "African-Americans" call themselves by that, but really, they are just as American or even more so than us. Many have had families here since slavery ended. My family doesn't call themselves Irish-American, and we haven't been here longer than them.
__________________
|"MY Money Pit"|

  #22  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:49 AM
ChthonicAustrian's Avatar
ChthonicAustrian Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 590
Default Re: Racism

Skin color is just what it is, different shades of pigment. The human nature is so unbelievably crude and biased, that little do people know that judging people by their skin pigment is practically the same as judging people based on their hair or eye color; pointless and immature.

But it doesn't help that today's society is so over-protective, controversial, and "sensitive", so a lot of ordinary and/or general comments that one would say are taken to be racist now, such as the term "you people".
__________________


URPG Stats; Unavailable
  #23  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:51 AM
Zourganov Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 91
Default Re: Racism

That's just the nationality the report themselves as. You can say your ethnic origins lie in Ireland, but most of them don't know where they came from, it's just obvious based on their appearance they're from South Africa, but they could be from Morocco or Madagascar or anything relevant to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210 View Post
Most "African-Americans" call themselves by that, but really, they are just as American or even more so than us. Many have had families here since slavery ended. My family doesn't call themselves Irish-American, and we haven't been here longer than them.
  #24  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:52 AM
MustangGT's Avatar
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,512
Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT
Default Re: Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChthonicAustrian View Post
Skin color is just what it is, different shades of pigment. The human nature is so unbelievably crude and biased, that little do people know that judging people by their skin pigment is practically the same as judging people based on their hair or eye color; pointless and immature.

But it doesn't help that today's society is so over-protective, controversial, and "sensitive", so a lot of ordinary and/or general comments that one would say are taken to be racist now, such as the term "you people".
I agree. Completely. If they would not act in the stereotypical way, I bet many people would have less trouble


I can't even say "If they" without feeling racist. I talk about EVERYONE like that.
__________________
|"MY Money Pit"|

  #25  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:55 AM
Zourganov Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 91
Default Re: Racism

Like BOD said, Race is beyond skin color, it goes to a genetic level. And people do judge based on hair and eye color, do you not know what the Aryan doctrine is?

I'll bring up a point
-There's %3 genetic difference between us and chimpanzees and almost %.05 genetic difference between Negroids and Mongoloids.
-If that %3 genetic difference between humans and chimpanzees separates us from chimpanzees and our intellectual capacity is millions of levels beyonds chimpanzees, just think what difference the %.05 genetic difference creates between Mongoloids and Negroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChthonicAustrian View Post
Skin color is just what it is, different shades of pigment. The human nature is so unbelievably crude and biased, that little do people know that judging people by their skin pigment is practically the same as judging people based on their hair or eye color; pointless and immature.

But it doesn't help that today's society is so over-protective, controversial, and "sensitive", so a lot of ordinary and/or general comments that one would say are taken to be racist now, such as the term "you people".
  #26  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:59 AM
Zourganov Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 91
Default Re: Racism

So you don't want me to do extremely well in school and be stereotyped because the Asian ethnicity is unrepresented in academic achievement?
-Not all stereotypes are negative.
-It's still not a reason to stereotype people.
-A lot of people don't act in a stereotypical way.

Your statement is so poorly thought out and politically incorrect it's not even funny.

And don't say I'm being sensitive and group me in with those people in "today's society" of which you and Austrian spoke off because you are actually wrong on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210 View Post
I agree. Completely. If they would not act in the stereotypical way, I bet many people would have less trouble


I can't even say "If they" without feeling racist. I talk about EVERYONE like that.
  #27  
Old 01-20-2008, 03:01 AM
MustangGT's Avatar
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,512
Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT
Default Re: Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zourganov View Post
So you don't want me to do extremely well in school and be stereotyped because the Asian ethnicity is unrepresented in academic achievement?
-Not all stereotypes are negative.
-It's still not a reason to stereotype people.
-A lot of people don't act in a stereotypical way.

Your statement is so poorly thought out and politically incorrect it's not even funny.

And don't say I'm being sensitive and group me in with those people in "today's society" of which you and Austrian spoke off because you are actually wrong on this.
I go to a school nestled in SUR-13 area. I have yet to see meet more than 2 colored guys that don't act like the stereotypical Colored Man. There are 1400 students at this school, 800 Black, 400 Hispanic/Asian, 400 White. The stereotype is so well represented it's sad.
__________________
|"MY Money Pit"|

  #28  
Old 01-20-2008, 03:03 AM
TheEvilDookie's Avatar
TheEvilDookie Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,983
Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleonx2 View Post


I hardly like being called a ******, or Black. I mean use African American for goodness sake. Dunno I just think it's a horrid thing to call some out for their skin color, what's the point.
The reason that some people dont call African Americans, African Americans, is because not all of them may not have ancestors from Africa. Or at least thats what a couple of history teachers have told me... Hm... And also, people just get lazy and don't want to say African American every single time.
__________________


^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
  #29  
Old 01-20-2008, 03:03 AM
Arbok conquerer's Avatar
Arbok conquerer Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Team Rocket HQ of course
Posts: 232
Default Re: Racism

If I am correct the idea of racism also comes from isolated(mountains, deserts, rainforests) countries in which they don't see too much of other people. I think this is called Echnocentrism(sp?) Though this is only a minority of it when it comes to the big picture of the fact that a good amount of people are racist because they are jealous, insecure, or just plain ignorant.
__________________
Thanks a bunch KDH. Now Team Rocket members all over can bow down to Giovanni's strength and magnifance. HAHAHAHHA. Also thanks to fefe31619 for the banner. Now resistance to Team Rocket is futile. Thanks to shiny loser for the avatar. In two days you will get a package with the uniform. Bow to Givonaii. MHAHAHAH




  #30  
Old 01-20-2008, 03:05 AM
Zourganov Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 91
Default Re: Racism

Again, you're generalizing.

I'm Racist, I'm not ignorant, insecure or jealous, neither do I have hatred of other Races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbok conquerer View Post
If I am correct the idea of racism also comes from isolated(mountains, deserts, rainforests) countries in which they don't see too much of other people. I think this is called Echnocentrism(sp?) Though this is only a minority of it when it comes to the big picture of the fact that a good amount of people are racist because they are jealous, insecure, or just plain ignorant.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com