Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Frozen_Mystic Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Frozen_Mystic
Default Re: Death

Wow, I thought a thread like this would never come. And boy, do I have something to say that I have wanted to say for years.No, I do not fear death, in fact I await it. No, I'm not suicidal, though a morbid thought will occasionally come up. Fear and religion spawned from a fascination of death, might I add.

Think of it this way: A very long time ago, in a time where the first "people" roamed the plains and fields with nothing but loincloths, sometimes even nothing at all, we were not like this. Our sole thought was this: Survive. Once we dug our way into more and more recources, and thought of more elaborate plans to hunt, that's when it began. They created languages and tried to communicate. When some asked about something, and it could not be explained, a story was told, and eventually became a myth or legend. That's where the concept of "God," and and other such figures arose. We belive near everything we hear, with blind eyes, that might explain what we don't know. But we really only see what we want to see, memories that flow back to us, images of what we think death is like. But that's pure idiocy, following a belief with no other focuses, believing that the working of this world is controlled by a single deity. But no super natural figure, no matter how powerful, can lay out each and every one of our fates and plan every move we make, and know each and every one of our thoughts. We sometimes forget, we branched off from animals, and while they may not have a human's brain, it is not very likely at all that they think the way we do. They don't believe in Jesus, they don't have religion, and does that make them dumber than us? NO! At this point, we are a disease to the world, I don't care what anybody else says! If there really was a God, do you think he'd like this world? No. Can a Christian just blindedly say that Global Warming is simply the Devil? No. How is there a heaven, when there are no proven traces of it? How can souls live in empty space? Or further more, at the enter of the Earth? The simple answer: they can't. We now destroy near everything in our path, simply to make our own society bigger, when adults can't stop having sex and creating more of us. We think we're so special because we're humans. No. Trees give us life, and by cutting them down, we commit all sorts of murder. Genocide the most prominent of terms. Is this world of poison exaust fumes and destruction what God wanted? I sure hope not. Can he truly care for every single being out there? Animal, fungi, bacterium, cells, humans? NO!!! And further more, why are there diseases? Simple, a natural defense to keep this world balanced, that adapt through situation. My belief is that once the disease has fufilled it's purpose, it vanishes, simple as that. Of course, that may as well mean killing off entire nations, for a fresh start. But the way the human race is a disease, we won't stop until this world is dead. We try to keep others alive, past their time, simply for the fact that we don't want them to die. And yet for every human alive, we destroy so much more. We're too afraid of a natural occurance that we spawned so many lies and so much destruction from it that this tainted world full of toxins was created.

We upset the natural balance, so our price is death. Yet we still try to avoid it, and yet with every step we take to try and cheat it, brings us five steps closer to our own. Marching towards it. So in the end, we will all perish, whether we want it or not.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

__
(oO)
/||\
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn Don't you understand?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Yggdrasill Offline

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

You're born, live a life and then you die. That's it. Essentially I believe death is the same experience you had before you were born -- nothing.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:49 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

My opinion on death is quite simple:

You live to die and you die to live.

I don't stress much about death in general, well, not anymore. I used to think about my death all the time before I found God. I believe in spiritual afterlife quite firmly, and it feels like eternal life after death makes death a safe thing.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

I have no idea what happens after you die. Nobody knows. I think you just die, honestly, without an afterlife or reincarnation. I think, no clue at all if that's how it really will work. =/

And I'm terrified of death. In old age I may know better, but as of now, I don't want to die, ever, or enter any dreamless sleep or anything else in the "afterlife".
Old 01-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do I don’t mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There’s no reason for it, you’ve gotta go sometime." - "Great Gig in the Sky" off of Dark Side of the Moon. I believe it was the doorman of Abbey Road Studios who was interviewed and gave that response. Fits perfectly for me.

I don't look forward to death, but I accept that its going to happen, and theres nothing I can do about it. When my time comes, it comes. The only thing I hope is that it isn't painful.

yes.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:46 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee

Death is inevitable. When my time comes, I will welcome it like an old friend I've been yearning to see for years. You know, that friend; who promised they would come to see you, and you had awaited that knock on the door nervously, butterflies in your stomach whenever you thought about it?

Yes, death is that old friend.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

I do not fear death. It's my personal understanding that death is an eternal sleep; the only absolute freedom. The only thing I hope is to accomplish everything I want by the time it comes.

Last edited by Lucavi; 01-09-2008 at 05:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:01 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
I do not fear death. It's my personal understanding that death is an eternal sleep; the only absolute freedom. The only thing I hope is to accomplish everything I want by the time it comes.
Actually you do, just not consciously then. It's a basic human (animal) instinct to fear death in order to survive and live longer. It's not an actual fear (if talking about phobias etc.), not in the traditional, literal sense of it.

One can say they do not fear death, but then they are only stating that they are comfortable with the fact that they will die.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Actually you do, just not consciously then. It's a basic human (animal) instinct to fear death in order to survive and live longer. It's not an actual fear (if talking about phobias etc.), not in the traditional, literal sense of it.
Yeah, I get what you mean. What I meant to say (And did a bad job at phrasing) is that I'm not scared of what may or may not happen once I die.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Dragon_Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Death. I shiver at that.
I know death is imminant, but I don't exactly want the Grim Reaper at the front door right now.

Hopefully, I'll live to see the rapture...

\-†††-/It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool,
then to open it, and remove all doubt.\-†††-/

Old 01-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Lati-Chan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Lati-Chan

Death is something that will happen, whats the point fearing it all your life? You should make the most of living, as we only have to short time to do so. My sister died before she was born. That's short.

URPG | VPP | Credit | Starry.Graphix

<3 Paired with FlameRyushin <3

Old 01-13-2008, 01:00 AM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT

I don't fear death itself, I fear the torturous ways in which I could die.

Biggest fear would have to be dieing before I've gotten to at least say goodbye to my significant other.

Then when I get to heaven, I'll be greeted at the gate by some hot angels and it'll be like high school all over again, only minus the school.

Yes, I'm in high school too.

"When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go to the place that's the best
When I lay me down to die
Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go to the place that's the best"

From Spirit In The Sky, by Norman Greenbaum.

Last edited by MustangGT; 01-13-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:02 AM
PokemonBoy2106 Offline
Master Trainer

i dunno, it'll be weird dying. i hope it'll be painless.

GO MANCHESTER UNITED! Go Jeff Hardy !

Break it Down!!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:23 AM
Psychic Oats Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Psychic Oats

I don't fear dying. I fear the suddenness and unpredictability of death. In fact, I fear that unpredictability so much and know that other people must, too, that I started a national holiday known as National Suicide Day. I walk around town with a cowbell and a noose, telling people that this is their chance to get it overwith. :D

An allusion to Toni Morrison's Sula, by the by. :3
Old 01-13-2008, 01:24 AM
PokemonBoy2106 Offline
Master Trainer

I hope thats a joke.

GO MANCHESTER UNITED! Go Jeff Hardy !

Break it Down!!!!