Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default Death

I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I'd just like to know, do you fear it? What do you think will happen when it comes? Do you believe that Death really is a supernatural being that only you see when your "time" has come? Opinions?
Old 01-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Near Offline

Send a message via AIM to Near Send a message via MSN to Near
Default Re: Death

no not really when you die it's meant to be

Click "Near" for my Stats, and "Blue" for BJ's Stats.

I WILL NOT BE ACTIVE FROM JUNE 24TH TILL JULY 2ND.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:56 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

I think death is something that can happen anytime, anywhere. I don't think someone's death is planned by 'God'.

I don't fear death. I don't want to die, but I don't neccasarily want to live.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:59 AM
fullmetal Offline

Send a message via AIM to fullmetal

I think you die when you die, just like a dog dies when it dies. I don't think there is a certain time that you are going to die. Actually I don't fear it at all, it happens it happens its not like I can stop it from happening. Unless some crazy maniac has a gun to my head, then I pull some MC Hammer can't touch this dancing them judo-chop his neck.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:11 AM
RonRaygunX3 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to RonRaygunX3

I do not fear death. For what is death but a dreamless sleep? I shall embrace death like a mother embraces child, and hold onto it for all the years, blissfully unaware of the troubles of the world for the living.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Spinner Offline
Master Trainer

Post Re: Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRaygunX3 View Post
I do not fear death. For what is death but a dreamless sleep? I shall embrace death like a mother embraces child, and hold onto it for all the years, blissfully unaware of the troubles of the world for the living.
Very poetic. Nice.

I sort of fear death, but I suppose when it comes, it will be welcome in a way. Just like you say, to have no more worldy troubles and to finally be at peace may be heaven in itself. Enjoy life, and thankfully accept death, as it were.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

It's not death that I fear so much as it is running out of time. I'm more scared of being killed suddenly than dying itself without having a chance to say goodbye or do all the things I want to do. :/

Hi

Old 01-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Wandering Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Death is inevitable, so why fear something you can't stop. I'm more afraid to see what-if anything-happens after death.

~Paired with the ever awesome Blaziken Knight!~
Old 01-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Llama Commando Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Llama Commando

I'm not afraid of death at all, unless of course it was one of those Freddy/Jason/Chucky moments. Then it would majorly suck. As to what happens post-death, my guess is as good as yours. Maybe some hot angels give you ice-cream. Ahh, if only...

~Commando~

PE2K's Resident Michigan State Spartan
Old 01-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Linoone Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Linoone Send a message via Yahoo to Linoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama Commando View Post
I'm not afraid of death at all, unless of course it was one of those Freddy/Jason/Chucky moments. Then it would majorly suck. As to what happens post-death, my guess is as good as yours. Maybe some hot angels give you ice-cream. Ahh, if only...

~Commando~
xD
Yeah me too, (with the Fredddy/Jason/Chucky) thing.
I am not afraid. I want to see what heaven is like. I am looking foward to it. I don't want to commit suicide though. D:

aim: Linoone1337
Old 01-05-2008, 03:08 AM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

I don't fear death itself, moreso I do fear dying before natural death, and not accomplishing something to make my life satisfactory.

I'm pretty picky with myself, everything I do needs to be a bit better. So by the time I die, I fear I'll die panicking my time has come and I have unfinished business to deal with.

I don't believe in an afterlife, reincarnation, a restful soul, or any of that. When you die, you die. Your body shuts down, but Earth just decompses it and reuses it.

This may seem off-topic, but does anything think at some point in our life we're cannibals?

I mean, our body dies out, decomposes, and is used for minerals in the ground, which grows grass or other plants, which small animals eat or cows to be more direct, which goes along in the food chain, and likely ends up in our stomach via meat :P
Old 01-05-2008, 04:26 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

Lately I havent been scared of death for some reason. Sometimes I feel like I dont have a purpose in this life but idk...Although I wouldnt want to die getting burned or suffocating.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
Lately I havent been scared of death for some reason. Sometimes I feel like I dont have a purpose in this life but idk...Although I wouldnt want to die getting burned or suffocating.
So having your brains blown out by a grenade launcher would be okay, then? xP

I honestly think that everyone who's said they don't fear death are lying to themselves. You mean to say that if some mugger popped up behind you right now with a gun in his hand and threatened to kill you you wouldn't be scared? The majority of people on earth are scared of dying, and only a very tiny portion are actually not fearful of death.

I am scared of dying, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I guess what scares me most is how I'm going to die. If it's a quick, painful shot in the head, then I'm still afraid, but I know I won't have much time to think about it, and much pain to feel. If I die in my sleep then all the better; I won't even know what's coming. But if I'm going to die by a long drawn out painful method...that's what I'm most scared of.

And as for what comes after? I really don't know. It could be a heaven and hell. It could be reincarnation. It could be eternal dreamless-sleep. But whatever it is, it's not that that I'm scared of, but the means of dying.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 01-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

I don't fear dying naturally like for old age. However, I do fear being murdered or dying in pain. So technically I'm afraid of how I die not when.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 01-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Death is an old friend of mine and I treat it with respect. Time is the enemy, really.