Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Sigma_ Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sigma_
Default Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Slayer View Post
Yeah.. Sure.. They get married then what? They want a baby. They cant have one so adoption is there only chance. Its not allowed and if it will be then that would just suck. I mean if they adopt a boy the boy will most probably grow up thinking all men should like men and yeah..
Your logic is flawed. It's possible for a man and a woman to have a baby and the baby to be gay even though it sees it has a man and woman as its parents. Life for an adopted baby raised by gay parents would not be too different if it were straight parents. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:35 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
I'm against it for religious reasons.

http://www.gotquestions.org/gay-marriage.html

Oh no, not religion! Now I'm just going to get flammed for my beliefs. Oh well.
... If you're quoting the old testament... You do realize it also says that anyone wearing garments of more than 1 type of cloth should be stoned to death? =\ Do you advocate killing people who wear things that are not 100% the same material?

Quote:
Yeah.. Sure.. They get married then what? They want a baby.
Not everyone WANTS kids, duh. And what about single parent homes? Boys who only have a mother aren't all gay, are they? >_>; Besides, if living with gay guys turns a kid gay, then how come straight families produce gay children?

And by the same token.. If it is 'unnatural'/wrong for religious reasons, what about people without a clear gender? Like, babies born with both 'parts', or part of each? Or with XXY or XXYY or XYY chromosomes? Should they be banned from marriage, too, 'cause of their 'gender'?

>_< People are so intolerant.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.

Last edited by FireflyK; 01-04-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:56 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Arrow Re: Gay Marriage

I'm agianst gay marriage for several reasons, but I'm not going to say all of them to make a flame war. It is totally agianst many religious in the world, as well as the on I'm in, Christinanity. I am extremely pissed off about gay marriage. Look at this world now, in 2012, most things will be out of control. Let me tell you something, people made this **** up to have some to have people do whatever the **** they want to. So lawless dumbasses would make something up, then after that, if you don't aggre with the lawless people. They will put be on strike until will all listend to there voices. And change the rule. I am talking republican talk, even though I'm a independent.

This is my side of the story. I will talk about religion on my next paragrath, if you are non-religionous, or an Atheist, you may not want to read it, (no offence).

I understand that two couples can be gay and all. But what is the ******* point of getting homosexual married if God doesn't like it? I am not offending gays, just that I disaggre with the marriage parrt. That is all. And you know what I mean, the U.S.A. might be out of control later in the future, so I might as well move the hell out soon. The country maybe to confuse later these year. Then later, they wish that they never should of done the crap. Everyone know God doesn't like this stuff, this is really serious.

^ All of these words I just said was just my opinion, also my family's opinion. So don't bash at me about my facts.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:00 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty View Post
I'm agianst gay marriage for several reasons, but I'm not going to say all of them to make a flame war. It is totally agianst many religious in the world, as well as the on I'm in, Christinanity. I am extremely pissed off about gay marriage. Look at this world now, in 2012, most things will be out of control. Let me tell you something, people made this **** up to have some to have people do whatever the **** they want to. So lawless dumbasses would make something up, then after that, if you don't aggre with the lawless people. They will put be on strike until will all listend to there voices. And change the rule. I am talking republican talk, even though I'm a independent.

This is my side of the story. I will talk about religion on my next paragrath, if you are non-religionous, or an Atheist, you may not want to read it, (no offence).

I understand that two couples can be gay and all. But what is the ******* point of getting homosexual married if God doesn't like it? I am not offending gays, just that I disaggre with the marriage parrt. That is all. And you know what I mean, the U.S.A. might be out of control later in the future, so I might as well move the hell out soon. The country maybe to confuse later these year. Then later, they wish that they never should of done the crap. Everyone know God doesn't like this stuff, this is really serious.

^ All of these words I just said was just my opinion, also my family's opinion. So don't bash at me about my facts.

God also hates people who wear garments of more than one type of cloth, and wants them stoned to death, as per the old testament- the same place where he protests gay marriage. So tell me... Are you wearing Anti-God clothing right now? If so, God dislikes you just as much as he dislikes gay couples. =\ How hypocritical.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:12 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
God also hates people who wear garments of more than one type of cloth, and wants them stoned to death, as per the old testament- the same place where he protests gay marriage. So tell me... Are you wearing Anti-God clothing right now? If so, God dislikes you just as much as he dislikes gay couples. =\ How hypocritical.
I understand about that. The main reason why he did that because he wanted to see the representative about there relgion. That was long ago.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:13 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
... If you're quoting the old testament... You do realize it also says that anyone wearing garments of more than 1 type of cloth should be stoned to death? =\ Do you advocate killing people who wear things that are not 100% the same material?

Since when was Corinthians in the Old Testament?

The Old Testament laws are not enforced physically, but spiritually through the death of Christ.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:15 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
I understand about that. The main reason why he did that because he wanted to see the representative about there relgion. That was long ago.
Uh, no. Have you read the old testament, kid? In Hebrew, not the translations? (Because let me tell you, those translations are SO inaccurate it isn't even funny!)

Seriously. Religious people always act like they are God... "HEy, I know what rules God didn't REALLY mean! 'Cause you know, I know enough to judge His sayings"

The bible and all that stuff are a package deal.. Take it or leave it. =\

God didn't need to see people representing his religion by only wearing cotton garments.

If they're only enforced 'spritually', then why is homosexuality still a sin, while all the others aren't?

Old 01-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Judaism do believe in the Old Testament, not the New, and that is true. I am in Christinanity. There is no wrong religion. Religon doesn't matter, follow God is the most important thing for me. God only hates people who are a lover of violoince in real act. Some people have a picked sign at says, "God hates fags," but that is not true. God hates the act of gay, not gay people. And we all sin.

@: I didn't read the whole thing in the Old Testament, but I'm finishing it up.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:25 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Judaism do believe in the Old Testament, not the New, and that is true. I am in Christinanity. There is no wrong religion. Religon doesn't matter, follow God is the most important thing for me. God only hates people who are a lover of violoince in real act. Some people have a picked sign at says, "God hates fags," but that is not true. God hates the act of gay, not gay people. And we all sin.

@: I didn't read the whole thing in the Old Testament, but I'm finishing it up.
Jesus was a Jew. He preached the old testament. Who are you to throw his teachings aside? =\

Old 01-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Quote:
Jesus was a Jew. He preached the old testament. Who are you to throw his teachings aside? =\
Not everyone believe he was.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:51 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Denial... It's not just a river in egypt anymore.
Jesus was a Rabbi. He was preaching Judaism, which the romans hated, which is why he was crucified along with hundreds of other JEWS.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:02 AM
Nirvash Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nirvash

I'm gonna step in here. First, I'm Jewish. Jesus was a Jew, regardless of what you think. I'm not trying to offend you, but I've been to many church services where they talk about Jesus. I've heard them talk about him in synagouges (sp?), and such. And, FFK is correct about him being a rabbi and such. :P

My view on Gay Marraige is that it should be allowed. If two people love each other, they should have the right to get married.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:27 AM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

I guess I agree. As long as they don't try and get me to be gay, I guess I'm fine with it. ^^

Quote:
And by the same token.. If it is 'unnatural'/wrong for religious reasons, what about people without a clear gender? Like, babies born with both 'parts', or part of each? Or with XXY or XXYY or XYY chromosomes? Should they be banned from marriage, too, 'cause of their 'gender'?

>_< People are so intolerant.
Don't forget people who were born with one set of chromosomes but had a chemical embalance in the brain so they grew the other sets reproductive structure instead.

This signature was made by the magnificent NEO PIKACHU.
Now go praise him, you.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:46 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
God only hates people who are a lover of violoince in real act. Some people have a picked sign at says, "God hates fags," but that is not true. God hates the act of gay, not gay people. And we all sin.
I need a translator for this. Oh, I guess I'll throw more wood into the fire: peodphilia along with homosexuality were accepted by a Christian society during the Shakespearean era. What changed was not what the Bible "wrote", but the preconceptions of the people.

Quote:
You can't "not believe" facts, including historical facts. That's like saying one doesn't believe Bush is the current president.

If you ask my opinion, I'm all for it. Homosexuals are still human, and I don't believe that something that is at least partially programmed by genetics should be considered a "sin", anyway. From my experience with gay men (and I have dealt with a number of them), they are simply normal people anyway. Half the time you can't tell, and certainly they wouldn't be trying to "convert" anybody else.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:14 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

I'm for it because love is love and as long as people marry human beings I see nothing wrong.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG

Last edited by Blood Red Lucario; 01-04-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Closed Thread