Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:13 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default [War kidnapping Peaches] Week 4

Observe the following law:

Quote:
Law of Mechanical Mobility, Second Law of Anime Motion

The larger a mechanical device is, the faster it moves. Armored Mecha are the fastest objects known to human science.
Can Gundam break the mold of this law?
Old 12-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: [War kidnapping Peaches] Week 4

Yes he can. For one, there isn't a source provided to support the statement, so we cannot prove the real fact of that point. For two, Armored Mecha are not the fastest objects known to human science. Weight drags one down, and with armor... o.0

Ataro
The Naughty Forties
Old 12-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Oxygen Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Oxygen Send a message via MSN to Oxygen

Spinarak Craney
The Navy

Yes, he can break his own law. Take a motorbike, for example. In a a 1 mile race, a motorbike could easily beat a tank.

...Once known as Politoed...
Shoddy: Oxygenocide (Mod)

Looking for someone with experience with Forums - PM me, or send me a message in AIM.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:08 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinarak Craney View Post
Spinarak Craney
The Navy

Yes, he can break his own law. Take a motorbike, for example. In a a 1 mile race, a motorbike could easily beat a tank.
No. He cannot....

First off, it is stated as a Law, and in a scientific definition, a law is known as something that has been proven true after multiple tests and experiments. We know for a fact that it is, in fact, the fastest thing....

Also, in Craney's example, here is something to counter and disprove your theory:

Weight means squat when the object has an extraordinary amount of power/force pushing it forward. A jet, while tons heavier than a motorbike, is worlds faster. Therefore, if the vehicle has a vast amount of engine power, it can easily overcome the obstacle of weight.

Name: BryceBoy10
Team: The Naughty Forties

BRYCExKAT
Old 01-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
No. He cannot....

First off, it is stated as a Law, and in a scientific definition, a law is known as something that has been proven true after multiple tests and experiments. We know for a fact that it is, in fact, the fastest thing....

There isn't any proof to show that the 'law' in the quote is all but the truth, so it may just be a quoted piece of words written by just anyone without mutiple tests and experiments.

Quote:
Weight means squat when the object has an extraordinary amount of power/force pushing it forward. A jet, while tons heavier than a motorbike, is worlds faster. Therefore, if the vehicle has a vast amount of engine power, it can easily overcome the obstacle of weight.
Wouldn't a portal be far more faster that way? It's way more lighter, totally armorless, and belongs partly to mechnical devices. After all, it is part of Anime Motion, stated in the so called law.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Oxygen Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
No. He cannot....

Also, in Craney's example, here is something to counter and disprove your theory:

Craney
The Navy

But did you know what the tests were? Do you know what the outcome was?

And the law doesn't state that heavy objects have bigger engine

Looking for someone with experience with Forums - PM me, or send me a message in AIM.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Quote:
But did you know what the tests were? Do you know what the outcome was?
Ummm... hello! Obviously we do know what the outcome of the tests were, because they are stated in the first post. It wouldn't have been able to take the title of a Law unless the outcomes of the tests matched the initial post:

Quote:

The larger a mechanical device is, the faster it moves. Armored Mecha are the fastest objects known to human science.
And on this statement:

Quote:
And the law doesn't state that heavy objects have bigger engine

I feel like something like this doesn't even deserve a response, but here:

First of all, the law doesn't say that they even have an engine at all. Of course it is implied with the word "mechanical", but it doesn't say it directly. My response to Ataro, with the plane vs. motorcycle example wasn't addressing the fact that "what has a bigger engine moves faster", No. I was simply telling him that it doesnt matter about weight in comparison to speed

So overall, your post was completely irrelevant, because it had nothing to do with what any of us were talking about.

BRYCExKAT
Old 01-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Quote:
Ummm... hello! Obviously we do know what the outcome of the tests were, because they are stated in the first post. It wouldn't have been able to take the title of a Law unless the outcomes of the tests matched the initial post:

And on this statement:

First of all, the law doesn't say that they even have an engine at all. Of course it is implied with the word "mechanical", but it doesn't say it directly. My response to Ataro, with the plane vs. motorcycle example wasn't addressing the fact that "what has a bigger engine moves faster", No. I was simply telling him that it doesnt matter about weight in comparison to speed

So overall, your post was completely irrelevant, because it had nothing to do with what any of us were talking about.

No...Read my first post too, how would you know how true the quote is from? There are no sources stated anywhere or whatsoever.

Weight does matter in comparison to speed, the heavier the object it is, the slower it moves. Now, motorcycle and plane, they have the engines, so it is another factor that affects the speed. How about putting in the same motor, structure and whatsoever into building all types of vechicles and compare them? They are having many factors the affect the speed differently, the aeroplane/jet flies fast because of it's almost streamlined body with the 'wings' spread out, like a bird to increase the flying altitude. In fact, its not even weight that affects, it is mainly mass.

Ataro
The Naughty Forties
Old 01-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Oxygen Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:

And on this statement:

Spinarak Craney
The Navy

Okay. Let's take a man. We clone him so he's got the excact same speed as the clone. We give one clone a heavy shopping bag, and the other nothing.

The person with nothing should be faster.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Elrond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinarak Craney View Post
Spinarak Craney
The Navy

Okay. Let's take a man. We clone him so he's got the excact same speed as the clone. We give one clone a heavy shopping bag, and the other nothing.

The person with nothing should be faster.
OOC: :) I felt I had to join this debate somehow...

IC (or whatever): Well, it would make sense that the person with nothing would move faster, but what if he was shot?! Seriously. We could take the position that these mechas, or whatever other example you might come up with, are broken down. Obvoiusly, the Iron Giant (from that movie) moves faster than a Roombah vacuum, but what if there was some kind of electrical problem inside the Giant's inner core? Is the Giant going to be doing much moving? No.

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/
Old 01-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Now, the first statement is wrong.

Anyway...first of all guys...by weight you're talking about Momentum. never mind right now, I'll explain.

Momentum's mass*velocity. P=MV. Everybody continues in its state of rest or uniform motion supported by Momentum, unless acted upon by an externam unbalanced deforming force, or direction changing force.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
No...Read my first post too, how would you know how true the quote is from? There are no sources stated anywhere or whatsoever.

Weight does matter in comparison to speed, the heavier the object it is, the slower it moves. Now, motorcycle and plane, they have the engines, so it is another factor that affects the speed. How about putting in the same motor, structure and whatsoever into building all types of vechicles and compare them? They are having many factors the affect the speed differently, the aeroplane/jet flies fast because of it's almost streamlined body with the 'wings' spread out, like a bird to increase the flying altitude. In fact, its not even weight that affects, it is mainly mass.

Ataro
The Naughty Forties
No, it doesn't. Talk about a Space Shuttle. It can go at 18,000 miles an hour{Mach 20+}, whereas fighter planes can go up to about Mach 1 to Mach 2{Eurofighter's about Mach 1.1} even though they're lighter.

And even if you put a jet engine on a commerical craft, it won't make much of a difference, it can't go beyond Mach 0.84

Quote:
Yes he can. For one, there isn't a source provided to support the statement, so we cannot prove the real fact of that point. For two, Armored Mecha are not the fastest objects known to human science. Weight drags one down, and with armor... o.0

Ataro
The Naughty Forties
Weight can't necessarily drag a person down, momentum can play a role, depending on air and wind resistance. And then again, compare a compact car and a SUV, in terms of speed.
Quote:
No. He cannot....

First off, it is stated as a Law, and in a scientific definition, a law is known as something that has been proven true after multiple tests and experiments.

Can you explain Charles Darin's Law? The law of Centripetal Force? The law of Cartesian Coordinates? None of them are proved....but they are accepted as laws. There are several such laws.

Partly true. Even if you put a load of Engines on the Queen Mary, it won't be able to move very fast. I doubt that QM's a little tug boat.

Quote:
There isn't any proof to show that the 'law' in the quote is all but the truth, so it may just be a quoted piece of words written by just anyone without mutiple tests and experiments.

Wouldn't a portal be far more faster that way? It's way more lighter, totally armorless, and belongs partly to mechnical devices. After all, it is part of Anime Motion, stated in the so called law.
Portals don't exist, unless you're talking about slip space structures. Then again, if you consider the universe in line with Cartesian coordinate system with matter and anti-matter system, they could.

However, it depends where the portals takes you, since there will be fluidity between matter and time.

Quote:
But it has.
And on this statement:

Hate to say this, but agreed.

But all the same, weight can make a difference in outer space, where combustion engines don't work...and you have to rely on your own momentum to hurtle forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodys_Nerd View Post
OOC: :) I felt I had to join this debate somehow...

IC (or whatever): Well, it would make sense that the person with nothing would move faster, but what if he was shot?! Seriously. We could take the position that these mechas, or whatever other example you might come up with, are broken down. Obvoiusly, the Iron Giant (from that movie) moves faster than a Roombah vacuum, but what if there was some kind of electrical problem inside the Giant's inner core? Is the Giant going to be doing much moving? No.
Well, lets take it this way.

Consider two people going down a steep slope.

One has something very heavy in his hands. Obviously, he moves faster. Even on a skating rink, the heavier person'll move faster, since nyu's the constant of friction, the frictional value'll have to be verified.

Also, what about electrons and protons moving around? They move at the speed of light, though they're tiny. {Eg: Gamma rays}

So I'd like to finish: The size and weight of a mechanical device is not proportional or influential on the velocity of a particle or a body, which has a constant mass.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:45 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post
Portals don't exist, unless you're talking about slip space structures. Then again, if you consider the universe in line with Cartesian coordinate system with matter and anti-matter system, they could.

Quote:
Orginally posted by Kenny
So portals do exist in anime.