Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:58 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94
Default Stormdancer Project

Yeah, don't worry it's not what you think it is... It's not about me...

I started this story early last year, handwritten, as usual, I ran out of pens and pencils and ended up abandoning the whole thing, because I lost the book

I'm deciding to reopen the whole thing, because I sifted through old books and found it ^^

Here's the basic plot (Things will probably change, as I'm working on concept art...) :

The story starts off with a Satyr (might change) named Torani Gharrotson (literally Gharrot, his father, Son.), who lives with his family in the Big Dome Mountain Range. Their family, of 16, is considered small for satyrs, unlike humans, which would be grossly oversized.

Torani's mother is captured by humans and one of his older siblings takes over from her. A few months later, Torani's father, Gharrot decides to track her down, but he never returns.

The eldest siblings make sure that the family continues to function, and 9 years later, Torani is 21 and has his own camp, not too far away from his sibling's separate camps.

He and his uncle, visit the Satyr's City regularly to find females to join their camps. Torani meets Thunderipple Bladesedge, a pure blood Satyr.

Together, they had one daughter and a son. Their daughter had been born shortly after the two had met and Thunderipple had wed Torani.

But their son, Minhgellen (Minh) Toranison, is a strange mix of races. Willow, Torani's sister recognises him to be the prophescised; Stormdancer.

She kidnapps Minh and takes him to Stormbreak Keep, a fortified castle, hidden deep in the Big Dome Mountains, open only to the Stormdancer. For years on end, War Mages, Clerics, Warriors, Bowbeasts, Elementals and the elite force, named the Stormwolves, trained their and maintained the Keep.

Torani tries to follow Willow, but she escapes, just as humans storm into the camp.

Willow and the Stormbreak crews train Minh for a few years, then the humans threaten Stormbreak itself. The Head Mage, Quillarien Firespike, sends the Stormwolves with Minh and Willow to a secret cave, hidden by magic and time itself, no one could penetrate it.

Ten years pass and Minh is 12 years old. He respects a member of the Stormwolves, Ashbone, as his father, Willow having told him that his real father, Torani was evil, and Azael, as his uncle. Willow is in love with Azael, but he lives only to protect Minh.

One night, as Minh is sitting by the lake, a mysterious voice whispers to him in his head, to meet it at the fringe of the Pine Woods on the Eastern Side of the Lake.

Minh sneaks out in the early hours of the morning and goes to meet the mysterious person. He is met by a Shynorii, a winged man, but a Shynorii's wings are made from stone and minerals, somehow enabling them to fly. The Shynorii tells Minh that he is the Riverdream of Shynorii society and has come to greet his master, the Stormdancer.

The Riverdream tells Minh of the history of all the races and why the Stormdancer is so important and special. He also tells Minh the truth about his father, Torani, that he had been looking for him all these years, and that his sister, Starwing Oversky Toranikin, who lives with the Hazeorii people (Hazeorii people are basically winged people.)

Ok... That's as far as I have written, it's going to be really long though ^^

Any ideas? I want to replace the satyrs with some other race, but I already have Werewolves, Feloleo (Cat people) and Elementals (Which shapeshift), Elves, Humans, Smogrii (Evil Hazeorii), Shynorii, Hazeorii, Centaur, and Basilisks.

Note, not all the races will be included in the novel, they are just there for the diversity and languages...

Any ideas? I have one budding idea, that is quite close to the satyr idea, a deer man, but not like the... erm... The goat man from other myths... I forgot what it's called...

Dragons are a good idea... But Minh needs to be able to move quickly and fluidly, well... Dance, I guess... Dragons can't dance :p

Please comment with ideas, or plot changes, or any suggestions :D

The Brood is growing!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Stormdancer Project

Please Excuse the double post, but I have changed the title of Stormdancer, to Darklight Sun.

The plot has changed quite a bit:

Shirruk Dhu Sunclaw (a.k.a Evergrin) is one of the main characters, a wildcat pirate.

A Weaselite is lost at sea, where Shirruk finds him, with no recollection of past events.

Shirruk keeps the Weaselite with him, but names him Skarfox, for his wiley quips and a scar he obtained in a fight.

Skarfox and Shirruk journey to the mainland, where Skarfox wants to know who he was before his ship sank.

The Brood is growing!
Old 02-10-2008, 06:35 AM
superiortrader7 Offline

why dont you include dwarves
Old 02-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

GTFO my thread strange troll! SOMEONE BAN IT DAMMIT!

The Brood is growing!