Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 12-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Treeky111 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Treeky111
Default Hillary For President?

We all know Hillary is officially running for President. What do you think of this? I am all for it. I think Hillary would make a good president considering what she tried to do when her husband was president. It was a good try. So what do you think? Discuss.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:08 PM
RonRaygunX3 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to RonRaygunX3
Default Re: Hillary For President?

I don't mean to start any flame wars, but I personally think Hillary Clinton would make a horrible president.

I've taken debate class for two years now and I've had to watch videos about Hillary's election. Most of the time she runs dirty tactics of making the other presidents look bad. For example, she sent out a false article about Barack Obama saying that he was a terrorist and that he would sabotage our economy if he were elected president.

Now, tons of ignorant people are going to assume because of that news article, and maybe even his ethnicity that he is a terrorist.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

If Hillary becomes president, I'm fleeing the country and going to Canada.

If she can't get anything straight now, its not going to get any better if she gets in office.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRaygunX3 View Post
I don't mean to start any flame wars, but I personally think Hillary Clinton would make a horrible president.

I've taken debate class for two years now and I've had to watch videos about Hillary's election. Most of the time she runs dirty tactics of making the other presidents look bad. For example, she sent out a false article about Barack Obama saying that he was a terrorist and that he would sabotage our economy if he were elected president.

Now, tons of ignorant people are going to assume because of that news article, and maybe even his ethnicity that he is a terrorist.
Meh, that's politics. I'd have done the same too if I were running for president.

Personally, I supported Hilary until she made some dodgy votes in the Senate (mainly voting the Iranian Revolutionary Party as terrorist organization), so I support Edwards at the moment. Though, if she gets the Democratic nomination, I'll support her, because every single Republican (except Ron Paul, but he won't get the Republican Position) is incompetent, and will be ten times worse than Hilary.

I wish I could vote >_>
Old 12-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Arrow Re: Hillary For President?

Well, I'm only 16, two more years to go, but what the heck. Can anyone show me a link to what site why do these people want to run? I hope the winner want us to light fireworks! Ha ha!

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Treeky111 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Treeky111

But don't you think that women have a right to run for president? It seems a little unfair. Hillary may seem like a bad president, but she has a point. Women should be allowed to be president.

She may be a bad example for runners after her, but she knows what shes talking about when she says "Women should have a right to run for presedent."
Old 12-29-2007, 04:03 PM
RonRaygunX3 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to RonRaygunX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeky111 View Post
But don't you think that women have a right to run for president? It seems a little unfair. Hillary may seem like a bad president, but she has a point. Women should be allowed to be president.

She may be a bad example for runners after her, but she knows what shes talking about when she says "Women should have a right to run for presedent."

I agree that all women have a right to run for president. Heck, I think a majority of women are more intelligent and capable of running a country than men.

However, just basing her election off of her supporting females running for president is foolish in my opinion. If she's a bad person she shouldn't be president. If she's female that should not change anything.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:

Women are allowed to run for president.

Edwards would get my vote, or Obama, but I think Edwards has a good amount of experience as far as politics.

Out of the Republicans, I'd either go with Paul or McCain.
McCain is smart, he doesn't share all of my views... but at least he's smart.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Arrow Re: Hillary For President?

Quote:

I agree that all women have a right to run for president. Heck, I think a majority of women are more intelligent and capable of running a country than men.

However, just basing her election off of her supporting females running for president is foolish in my opinion. If she's a bad person she shouldn't be president. If she's female that should not change anything.
Gender doesn't matter about intelligents, really.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty View Post
When women see a ''caution'' sign, they carefully avoid it, while
men assume that it was meant for someone else, and come home with
every bone broken.

Women characterize the first date, by seeing how you act and eat. Men
check to see if you can name at least one football, basketball ot
baseball star.

When a women is pregnant and craves pickle and mustard sandwhiches,
the man groans and wines until they remind him that you are the one
having the baby here. But when the man craves a six pack, she
diligently goes to the store and returns five hours later with a
romantic movie.

Women can stand to be wrong, while men make excuses about
''misunderstanding'' and some how it is always the women's fault.

When a man attends a concert, he whoops, yells, shrieks and snorts,
while he gobbles down anything he can get his hands on. While women
enjoy the show while dancing and socializing with friends.

When women stay in the bathroom for over 45 seconds, men assume that
something is wrong, and walk in to examine.

Women understand about privacy, and don't come in until 2 hours have
passed.

Women understand that babies do not come from a stork.

When in a hospital, women will share all emotions. While men, being
the ''tough'' guys that they are, will ''stay calm'' until someone
finally notices that he has wet the chair he is sitting in.

Women love to help. Men feel you want commitment when you ask to do
the dishes...
Old 12-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:

If you took debate class, you should know by now that ad hominem is the most common form of political debate tactic there is. Hilary is only one of the majority, if not all, of politicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post

If she can't get anything straight now, its not going to get any better if she gets in office.
Canada isn't exactly a good place to be in. Might I suggest Europe? Say I dunno... Norway or Belgium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty View Post
According to the gausian curve, intelligence of both men and women are about the same. That is, the IQ of the genders don't change all that much. But high intelligence hardly is what is required to run a country. Charisma, strong will, coupled with strong "lackeys" that are trustable is what makes great presidents. For example, only JFK had the guts to say "lower taxes" in 63 (which wasn't passed by congress until after he died) so the country could prosper. I agree in that sense that these qualities can appear in any person, regardless of gender.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post

I'm going to Venice. Then again, I am part Canadian...

Weirdly, we want her to win the nomination, but, first, gag Bill Clinton. Then, once she wins the nomination, set him free! Everytime he says something stupid, he makes her lose people's interest in her by the second. But there would, unfortunately be a chance for her to win. But we want Rudy to win.

Didn't JFK also secretly attempt to change the nation back from a democracy into a republic?

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 12-29-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

Quote:

Of course a woman has the right, but that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for her.

Sex doesn't matter when it comes to choosing a leader, especially of a current world power who is in the middle of a war and close to one with another, even bigger country than we're in now. Not to mention the state of the economy, the lack of rights towards certain minorities, the lack of effort put forth towards less polluting energy sources(especially cars), and the rest of the endless list of crap this country makes a big deal out of.

Is Hilary getting my vote? No. Why? I don't vote in presidential elections. :P But even if I did, I wouldn't be voting for her.

P.S.: Charbok, stfu. If you can't be intelligent and put aside bias, you don't deserve to be posting.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

ewwww....ewwww.....ewwwwww.....

NO! i cannot stand that woman & her plans for social medicine or whatever.....

gross..... no..

BRYCExKAT
Old 12-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post
Didn't JFK also secretly attempt to change the nation back from a democracy into a republic?
We won't ever know, considering that the man's dead, though conspiracy theories like that one flies everywhere when it comes to scandals.