Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Itachi_2007's Avatar
Itachi_2007 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In your fridge eating your food o.o
Posts: 577
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelitaluver30 View Post
What do you mean by 'Was that a typo?'
Alright, I guess the time has shown itself. I.E What you said,
Quote:
Now that's just stupid. Pokemon does need a new mascot.
The liklihood of you meaning "Now that's just stupid, Pokemon doesn't need a new mascot." Is overly high. Otherwise, that message you Posted contradicts itself. Which, I'm going on a wild limb, and saying that you don't know what the word, "Contradicts," means. If so, use your word document. I possess one, (of a unique kind, I'm guessing. XD.) That has a dictionary. Just perfect at a occasion like this one, whereas, I'm the perfect epitome of laziness.
__________________
~~ Red is where the heart is. ~~



Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Aelitaluver30's Avatar
Aelitaluver30 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Team Magma HQ
Posts: 3,579
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi_2007 View Post
Alright, I guess the time has shown itself. I.E What you said, The liklihood of you meaning "Now that's just stupid, Pokemon doesn't need a new mascot." Is overly high. Otherwise, that message you Posted contradicts itself. Which, I'm going on a wild limb, and saying that you don't know what the word, "Contradicts," means. If so, use your word document. I possess one, (of a unique kind, I'm guessing. XD.) That has a dictionary. Just perfect at a occasion like this one, whereas, I'm the perfect epitome of laziness.
I mean Pokemon DOES need a new mascot as in CHANGING their mascot.
__________________
VPP|URPG|Pokémon Mansion|<3Paired with Venusaur <3

Credit to Hihi|Trophy Hall
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Pikachu_Two_Trainer's Avatar
Pikachu_Two_Trainer Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In Poke Land, With My Swampert
Posts: 621
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Pikachu needs to get a life, I mean, with ash 24/7? I would rather eat ash (like charcole ash) anyday. I 'd say he needs to lose a few pounds, that mouse
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Giratina's Avatar
Giratina Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Never-Turn-Back, pestering Zero
Posts: 2,673
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Well, the debate was between Pikachu and Clefairy, so if you want a bizarre pink puffball on all the products, go ahead. But I think that they should have made Mew the mascot.
__________________

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Shucklulz's Avatar
Shucklulz Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California
Posts: 2,711
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

PIKACHU ROCKS LIKE MADCRAZYWHOA! Especially the Poketopia ones because they can surf. xD My very first pokemon was a Pikachu, so I'll NEVER say anything bad about them. Raichu on the other hand... They tick me off.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-29-2007, 08:13 PM
shedinjask's Avatar
shedinjask Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,042
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Raichu >> Pikachu.

Mew needs to be the mascot. I want to see Mew more.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Giratina's Avatar
Giratina Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Never-Turn-Back, pestering Zero
Posts: 2,673
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Mew needs some love. -hugs her Mew- Yes, I have a Mew. I got it from an event.
__________________

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-30-2007, 04:47 AM
Eternal Moonlight's Avatar
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rumored Canadian
Posts: 6,579
Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Ralts View Post
Mew needs some love. -hugs her Mew- Yes, I have a Mew. I got it from an event.
Ya, Mew is pretty cool

About Pikachu, well, yeah. It is a tad over used but then again, it`s Pokémon`s mascot. When people everywhere ( or almost ) see a picture of Pika they think of Pokémon. It`s cool, in my opinion. But not the best.
__________________

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-30-2007, 11:46 AM
-Smoo-'s Avatar
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hit ALT and F4 to find out!
Posts: 1,081
Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

I saw an image from the pokemon d&p tv series and Ash had aipom on his shoulder, you couldnt see hide nor tail of pikachu wich is a good thing. Oh and Pikachu IS at the start of fr/lg, hes in viridian forest. Still Aipom would be better than pikachu, just as long as Aipom doesnt evolve....
I dont think it should be mew because then its kind of Average cause most people still think mew is the most powerfull pokemon when its arceus, and people seem to think mew is the God pokemon for some reasom...
__________________
^Credit to whoever made this.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Well, Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon, that's not going to change. When people see Pikachu, they immediately think of Pokemon, whereas if the mascot was switched to Raichu or Mew, they wouldn't catch on as quickly. Besides, the switch would be weird, and after eleven years of Pokemon with Pikachu as the mascot, why would the switch happen now? Personally, Mew is okay, but having Mew slapped on everything Pokemon would be... bleh. Imagine a Mew balloon at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, Mew costumes at Pokemon events, and an image of Mew being put on every Pokemon toy, game, and all the other stuff. Not to mention having Mew as the main character for almost every game. Still think that's a good idea? Eh... I don't.

Also, Pikachu is not overused. No professional teams use Pikachu as much as they'd use Alakazam, Snorlax, Gengar, or whoever. I'll admit, they made a mess of the Pikachu that Ash has in the anime, but that's really no reason to hate him though. Heck, if anything... Pikachu needs to find a new trainer.

Me? I like Pikachu's high-spirited personality, his determination, his optimism, and his attitude. The little dude gets the thumbs up from me.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Aelitaluver30's Avatar
Aelitaluver30 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Team Magma HQ
Posts: 3,579
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight View Post
Ya, Mew is pretty cool

About Pikachu, well, yeah. It is a tad over used but then again, it`s Pokémon`s mascot. When people everywhere ( or almost ) see a picture of Pika they think of Pokémon. It`s cool, in my opinion. But not the best.
Yeah, Mew's so cute. Mewtwo = Ugh! Mew should have been their mascot!
__________________
VPP|URPG|Pokémon Mansion|<3Paired with Venusaur <3

Credit to Hihi|Trophy Hall
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelitaluver30 View Post
Yeah, Mew's so cute. Mewtwo = Ugh! Mew should have been their mascot!
Also... another thing I forgot to mention is... if they made Mew the mascot... Pokemon would have probably only appealed to girls. Same thing with Clefairy.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-30-2007, 02:44 PM
-Smoo-'s Avatar
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hit ALT and F4 to find out!
Posts: 1,081
Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Ahh....Good point...+ having "the best pokemon ever" as a mascot would make pokemon average.
__________________
^Credit to whoever made this.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Itachi_2007's Avatar
Itachi_2007 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In your fridge eating your food o.o
Posts: 577
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Well, Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon, that's not going to change. When people see Pikachu, they immediately think of Pokemon, whereas if the mascot was switched to Raichu or Mew, they wouldn't catch on as quickly. Besides, the switch would be weird, and after eleven years of Pokemon with Pikachu as the mascot, why would the switch happen now? Personally, Mew is okay, but having Mew slapped on everything Pokemon would be... bleh. Imagine a Mew balloon at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, Mew costumes at Pokemon events, and an image of Mew being put on every Pokemon toy, game, and all the other stuff. Not to mention having Mew as the main character for almost every game. Still think that's a good idea? Eh... I don't.

Also, Pikachu is not overused. No professional teams use Pikachu as much as they'd use Alakazam, Snorlax, Gengar, or whoever. I'll admit, they made a mess of the Pikachu that Ash has in the anime, but that's really no reason to hate him though. Heck, if anything... Pikachu needs to find a new trainer.

Me? I like Pikachu's high-spirited personality, his determination, his optimism, and his attitude. The little dude gets the thumbs up from me.
If you read through the Thread you would've known that I didn't mean to say Overused. :0
__________________
~~ Red is where the heart is. ~~



Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi_2007 View Post
If you read through the Thread you would've known that I didn't mean to say Overused. :0
Well, if you're talking about overused as in Pikachu appearing on everything, I can see where people feel that way and they're probably right. But that's what mascots are though. :P
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com