Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Itachi_2007 Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: What do you think of "0berchu," or Pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelitaluver30 View Post
What do you mean by 'Was that a typo?'
Alright, I guess the time has shown itself. I.E What you said,
Quote:
Now that's just stupid. Pokemon does need a new mascot.
The liklihood of you meaning "Now that's just stupid, Pokemon doesn't need a new mascot." Is overly high. Otherwise, that message you Posted contradicts itself. Which, I'm going on a wild limb, and saying that you don't know what the word, "Contradicts," means. If so, use your word document. I possess one, (of a unique kind, I'm guessing. XD.) That has a dictionary. Just perfect at a occasion like this one, whereas, I'm the perfect epitome of laziness.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Aelitaluver30 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi_2007 View Post
Alright, I guess the time has shown itself. I.E What you said, The liklihood of you meaning "Now that's just stupid, Pokemon doesn't need a new mascot." Is overly high. Otherwise, that message you Posted contradicts itself. Which, I'm going on a wild limb, and saying that you don't know what the word, "Contradicts," means. If so, use your word document. I possess one, (of a unique kind, I'm guessing. XD.) That has a dictionary. Just perfect at a occasion like this one, whereas, I'm the perfect epitome of laziness.
I mean Pokemon DOES need a new mascot as in CHANGING their mascot.

Credit to Hihi|Trophy Hall
Old 12-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Pikachu_Two_Trainer Offline
Elite Trainer

Pikachu needs to get a life, I mean, with ash 24/7? I would rather eat ash (like charcole ash) anyday. I 'd say he needs to lose a few pounds, that mouse
Old 12-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Giratina Offline

Well, the debate was between Pikachu and Clefairy, so if you want a bizarre pink puffball on all the products, go ahead. But I think that they should have made Mew the mascot.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 12-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Shucklulz Offline

PIKACHU ROCKS LIKE MADCRAZYWHOA! Especially the Poketopia ones because they can surf. xD My very first pokemon was a Pikachu, so I'll NEVER say anything bad about them. Raichu on the other hand... They tick me off.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:13 PM
shedinjask Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Raichu >> Pikachu.

Mew needs to be the mascot. I want to see Mew more.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Giratina Offline

Mew needs some love. -hugs her Mew- Yes, I have a Mew. I got it from an event.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 12-30-2007, 04:47 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Ralts View Post
Mew needs some love. -hugs her Mew- Yes, I have a Mew. I got it from an event.
Ya, Mew is pretty cool

About Pikachu, well, yeah. It is a tad over used but then again, it`s Pokémon`s mascot. When people everywhere ( or almost ) see a picture of Pika they think of Pokémon. It`s cool, in my opinion. But not the best.

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 12-30-2007, 11:46 AM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

I saw an image from the pokemon d&p tv series and Ash had aipom on his shoulder, you couldnt see hide nor tail of pikachu wich is a good thing. Oh and Pikachu IS at the start of fr/lg, hes in viridian forest. Still Aipom would be better than pikachu, just as long as Aipom doesnt evolve....
I dont think it should be mew because then its kind of Average cause most people still think mew is the most powerfull pokemon when its arceus, and people seem to think mew is the God pokemon for some reasom...
Old 12-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Well, Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon, that's not going to change. When people see Pikachu, they immediately think of Pokemon, whereas if the mascot was switched to Raichu or Mew, they wouldn't catch on as quickly. Besides, the switch would be weird, and after eleven years of Pokemon with Pikachu as the mascot, why would the switch happen now? Personally, Mew is okay, but having Mew slapped on everything Pokemon would be... bleh. Imagine a Mew balloon at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, Mew costumes at Pokemon events, and an image of Mew being put on every Pokemon toy, game, and all the other stuff. Not to mention having Mew as the main character for almost every game. Still think that's a good idea? Eh... I don't.

Also, Pikachu is not overused. No professional teams use Pikachu as much as they'd use Alakazam, Snorlax, Gengar, or whoever. I'll admit, they made a mess of the Pikachu that Ash has in the anime, but that's really no reason to hate him though. Heck, if anything... Pikachu needs to find a new trainer.

Me? I like Pikachu's high-spirited personality, his determination, his optimism, and his attitude. The little dude gets the thumbs up from me.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Aelitaluver30 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight View Post
Ya, Mew is pretty cool

About Pikachu, well, yeah. It is a tad over used but then again, it`s Pokémon`s mascot. When people everywhere ( or almost ) see a picture of Pika they think of Pokémon. It`s cool, in my opinion. But not the best.
Yeah, Mew's so cute. Mewtwo = Ugh! Mew should have been their mascot!

Credit to Hihi|Trophy Hall
Old 12-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelitaluver30 View Post
Yeah, Mew's so cute. Mewtwo = Ugh! Mew should have been their mascot!
Also... another thing I forgot to mention is... if they made Mew the mascot... Pokemon would have probably only appealed to girls. Same thing with Clefairy.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:44 PM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

Ahh....Good point...+ having "the best pokemon ever" as a mascot would make pokemon average.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Itachi_2007 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Well, Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon, that's not going to change. When people see Pikachu, they immediately think of Pokemon, whereas if the mascot was switched to Raichu or Mew, they wouldn't catch on as quickly. Besides, the switch would be weird, and after eleven years of Pokemon with Pikachu as the mascot, why would the switch happen now? Personally, Mew is okay, but having Mew slapped on everything Pokemon would be... bleh. Imagine a Mew balloon at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, Mew costumes at Pokemon events, and an image of Mew being put on every Pokemon toy, game, and all the other stuff. Not to mention having Mew as the main character for almost every game. Still think that's a good idea? Eh... I don't.

Also, Pikachu is not overused. No professional teams use Pikachu as much as they'd use Alakazam, Snorlax, Gengar, or whoever. I'll admit, they made a mess of the Pikachu that Ash has in the anime, but that's really no reason to hate him though. Heck, if anything... Pikachu needs to find a new trainer.

Me? I like Pikachu's high-spirited personality, his determination, his optimism, and his attitude. The little dude gets the thumbs up from me.
If you read through the Thread you would've known that I didn't mean to say Overused. :0

Old 12-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi_2007 View Post
If you read through the Thread you would've known that I didn't mean to say Overused. :0
Well, if you're talking about overused as in Pikachu appearing on everything, I can see where people feel that way and they're probably right. But that's what mascots are though. :P