Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 12-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: December 25, 2012

I believe. But what can we do even though the day is coming even if we DO believe.

Well, for being the adventurous type, I wouldn't mind having a glance at the aliens provided they don't harm me, and Jesus bringing us up to heaven is nice, it feels great to have your creator saving you.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:54 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeky111 View Post
I'm sure many of you have heard of the so called "End Of The World." I believe in it. Do you? Why or why not? I'm sure many of you have seen the recent AOL news updates. The cult in Russia awaiting the alein invasion behind some comet. This does seem very unlikely.
But if The Bible is true, Jesus will come down from heaven and take us up to heaven before our most certain death. This is the Myan's schedule. This is a very strange date to have an end of the world. It is as if God himself has scheduled it. Discuss.
This has been done many times. Furthermore, A) The Bible says that no one will know when the end will happen, meaning if this were to be the Christian End of the World, this is false and B) THOUSANDS of End of the World prophecies have been made, none have been true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Fro View Post
second, I know the Bible is true about Jesus coming down from heaven and during the rapture all his followers will be in heaven with him

But for me, I kinda doubt its true, because I'm pretty sure in the Bible it says somewhere that only God know for sure when the rapture will happen, Jesus didn't even know, I think that was when his Disciples asked him about the date when it will happen

Fro~

PS: Although, it does have a .00000000000000000000000001 percent chance of happening, so thats something, right? XD
The rapture is untrue, as it is not in the Bible. It was created in the 1800's by a priest, who I believe (don't quote me on this, I don't remember all the details of the History Channel special I saw on this) also had a Doomsday theroy, got everyone roused, and then nothing happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Slayer View Post
Well.. In The Qur'an (Like The Bible but for Muslims) They say that the world will end on a Friday. Both the 12th and 25th aren't Fridays. :P Good game.
Happy Friday OF DOOM... (That just HAD to be posted :P)

I honestly don't know why people have to focus on this End of the World garbage. Focus on the here and now, and not the "what can be." If the end of the world happens, gee, that sucks, but at least you didn't spend your entire life worrying about it, eh?
Old 12-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Raichu View Post
If the world didn't end on the Sixth Day Of The Sixth Month of 2006 then it won't end when you're saying it will.

well the myan calender ends in 2012 so it is a possiblity but june 6 2006 has nothing to do with 2012 ok

well anything is a possible but dont get so rapped up with the whole idea just live ur life to ur best and it shouldnt matter if the world ends in 2012 or not

Old 12-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

I don't believe in it, because it just seems silly that one day everything is just going to end... And we already know the date? That seems too unlikely.

Quote:
If the world didn't end on the Sixth Day Of The Sixth Month of 2006 then it won't end when you're saying it will.

There were no predictions like that, people just said it would happen. Seriously, 6/6/06 happens every 100 years. Secondly, 666 was just a nickname for this king dude who had Christians persecuted back in those times. It doesn't really have anything to do with the devil or whatever popular belief is.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:21 PM
gun6 Offline

Send a message via AIM to gun6

Personally, I don't like to think about things like this. The world will end eventually anyways, so it's not as if a specific date would really matter.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:21 PM
MagmarMan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I believe in what the bible says so no, I don't believe that will be the end of the world.
Banner By Me ^_^
Old 12-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLink View Post
There were no predictions like that, people just said it would happen. Seriously, 6/6/06 happens every 100 years. Secondly, 666 was just a nickname for this king dude who had Christians persecuted back in those times. It doesn't really have anything to do with the devil or whatever popular belief is.
That would be Nero you were referring to, and yes, 616 (The Mark of the Beast) was supposed to symbolize Emperor Nero.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Like Dragon Mistress said, not every religion can be right, and each have their own way of predicting how the world will come to an end. I doubt any of them are right, as they are all so different and widely spread that it's nearly impossible for them to have close relations.

Also, just to stick a pin in about the world not ending on 6/6/6, like ShadowLink said, it happens every century, so there's no point in saying the world's never going to end jut because 6/6/2006 already happened. The world will end, but I doubt we could every predict a date, unless it's like the very next day or something.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 12-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

I don't believe in predicting the future, no matter what you're predicting. I believe the only one that knows what's happening in the future is God, and it's going to stay that way. Live your life to the fullest, and don't waste time trying to figure out when it's going to end. :/
Old 12-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Pooka Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pooka Send a message via MSN to Pooka

I really hope it doesn't end but I guess we can never be 100% sure of anything. Having said that, I still think it's very unlikely that it's going to happen, I mean how can a civilization that lived thousands of years ago predict the exact date of the end of the world.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:32 PM
maker Offline

guys the end of the world thing is called jugment

FC:1847- 8884-3254
IGN:Shawn
Old 12-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by maker View Post
Jugment? I think you're missing some consonants there. And vowels. And letters in general :P
Old 12-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Nirvash Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nirvash

Quote:
Originally Posted by maker View Post
I believe you are talking about "Judgement Day".

I don't think the end of the world will be anytime soon. At the rate the world is going, we'll blow ourselves up first. :P

No, seriously. If the Rapture or wtfever Judgement Day is coming, so be it. I'm Jewish, so all you really religious people who put down other religions because they don't believe what you believe should go up to heaven with your Messiah and leave us alone. At least, this is my opinion. I'm tired of getting all this crap for being Jewish. Most Christians who give me any sh*t about being Christian end up being mentally destroyed, because I take their point and destroy them with it. You shouldn't be offended by what I said if you don't have a problem with Jews. BTW, I'm not religious, but there are many things in Religion that I like.

From a scientific point of view, the end of the world is entirely possible. According to science, everything is always changing. Everything is getting older, weathering, and moving in some shape or form. So, if that is correct, we could be destroyed at any time. However, most things act in patterns. So, predictability comes into account. Either way, if you dono't know about something, you can't bring it into the equation, therefore it isn't complete.

You don't have to read this. Skip and move onto somebody who makes a better point.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus

Quote:

666 means nothing. It's just three of the same consecutive number. The world didn't end on 111, 333, or 777, so I doubt the numbers mean anything. In fact, I don't think there is a such thing as an end of the world. Studies show extremely few signs of lifeforms in space--which means no aliens. And if there were aliens, there wouldn't be anywhere near enough for an Earthly invasion. Remember, movies like War of the Worlds are Science Fiction.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Skarmory View Post

666 means nothing. It's just three of the same consecutive number. The world didn't end on 111, 333, or 777, so I doubt the numbers mean anything. In fact, I don't think there is a such thing as an end of the world. Studies show extremely few signs of lifeforms in space--which means no aliens. And if there were aliens, there wouldn't be anywhere near enough for an Earthly invasion. Remember, movies like War of the Worlds are Science Fiction.
666 meaning anti-Christ, which is a logical conclusion for the end of the world, but I still stick with what I said before.

And things like war of the worlds aren't COMPLETELY untrue or impossible. While I doubt anything along that storyline would happens, there's no way to flat out say aliens don't exist. The universe is infinite. There might not be lifeforms in our solar system, but they could be out there somewhere. Heck, we're here, who's to say we're the only ones? That's off topic, but I just felt the need to say it.

Last edited by Azumao; 12-26-2007 at 08:16 PM.